PDA

View Full Version : Ant-Man movie

Le Messor
08-27-2015, 07:52 AM
According to the Ant-Man movie's IMDb trivia page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/trivia?ref_=tt_ql_2), there's an Alpha Flight reference:

"A newspaper article Hank Pym holds up mentions a Sasquatch. This refers to the Canadian superhero Sasquatch (Walter Langowski)."

I don't know if this has to be a reference to our Walter, but wouldn't it be cool if it was?

~ Le Messor
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
~ Mark Twain

rplass
08-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Would be even cooler if Langkowski.

Le Messor
08-27-2015, 04:32 PM
You're right there, but I'll take what I can get. :)

Phil
08-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Hmm, I don't remember seeing that but maybe it went fast.
I'll have to check when the BD comes out.

Le Messor
08-27-2015, 05:30 PM
I don't remember if I noticed it or not. I'm hoping a director's commentary will tell us if that was meant as a reference.

I was actually on the trivia page wondering if the character Ben Dunn was named after the comic creator. (It isn't addressed.)

~ Le Messor
"You've got to take the initiative and play your game... confidence makes the difference."
~ Chris Evert Lloyd

Le Messor
02-10-2016, 03:31 AM
I'll have to check when the BD comes out.

I'm hoping a director's commentary will tell us if that was meant as a reference.

This is from the commentary:

Also in that frame if you go back to that newspaper frame there's an article to the left of the-e-e Scott Lang article that talks about cryptozoologists so there's there's some Big Foot hunting going on in that I like that. That was big news that day, apparently.

So I'm gonna go with:
Myth busted. :(

~ Le Messor
"Endeavor to be patient in bearing with the defects and infirmities of others, of what sort 'soever they be; for that thyself also has many failings which must be borned with by others."
~ Thomas a'Kempis