PDA

View Full Version : John Byrne on Drawing - and even a remark at the end about Alpha Flight.

Tawmis
10-12-2015, 02:51 PM
http://johnbyrnedraws.tumblr.com/post/131022344170/john-byrnethe-fire-has-gone-out

Phil
10-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Just to point out, the actual AF mention isn't by Byrne himself; it's the tumblr-er's.

Mekko Hotvle
10-12-2015, 03:18 PM
On the What If? post, Phil made posted What If? John Byrne didn't hate Alpha Flight? What exactly caused him to dislike this superhero team?

Phil
10-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Your best bet is to go to Byrne's forum itself and do a search on Alpha Flight.

Le Messor
10-13-2015, 03:38 PM
I didn't know he'd quit drawing comics.
The sad irony for me is, while I agree that the magic has gone out of a lot of the big name comics, I think a lot of it would come back if Byrne was doing them!

~ Le Messor
"Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks."
~ Charles Dickens

Tawmis
10-13-2015, 04:06 PM
I didn't know he'd quit drawing comics.
The sad irony for me is, while I agree that the magic has gone out of a lot of the big name comics, I think a lot of it would come back if Byrne was doing them!

You know... it varies. I remember (back in 2000?) when it was announced Chris Clairemont was coming back to Uncanny X-Men... and then he wrote those horrible stories about the "next level" mutants (I can't even remember what they were called; and that's saying something...)

So, sometimes, the greats returning... don't always bring back the greatness they once had.

Le Messor
10-14-2015, 04:37 AM
when it was announced Chris Clairemont was coming back to Uncanny X-Men... and then he wrote those horrible stories

When I wrote what I did, I started to think... 'What I really mean here is, if 1983 Byrne came back'.
But I didn't change it. :)

cmdrkoenig67
10-14-2015, 03:47 PM
That is really unfortunate...I enjoyed a lot of his work throughout the years. I really do think he was shafted by Marvel...The constant politics in the business has probably also helped extinguish those fires.

Dana