PDA

View Full Version : Civil War II

Mekko Hotvle
03-29-2016, 03:55 PM
As a group, which side would AF pick or do you think the group would be divided and this could lead to internal fighting?

Phil
03-29-2016, 03:57 PM
It depends on who's writing them!

It'd be boring if they all agreed though.

Yankee
03-29-2016, 04:00 PM
What are the sides in this civil war ie what is the issue that the two factions are fighting over? I'm assuming it's not superhuman registration again lol never mind I googled it

Mekko Hotvle
03-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Team Ironman:
Northstar
Shaman
Marrina
Vindicator

Team Captain Marvel:
Puck
Aurora
Sasquatch
Guardian

These are just my guesses as to which side each would pick.

JRW

Yankee
03-29-2016, 04:06 PM
As to what side they would take, look at the issue when they thought Marrina was pregant and was going to release millions of conquering spores across earth. How they each initially responded to that would tend to suggest their determist leanings. Personally I could see Puck siding with Iron Man, Sasquatch siding with Captain Marvel, and Aurora being a free agent.

Yankee
03-29-2016, 04:12 PM
I doubt Vindicator would pick a side seeing as she is currently still unity brainwashed and solely focused on raising Claire. North Star will definitely be with iron man.

Phil
03-29-2016, 04:51 PM
I doubt Vindicator would pick a side seeing as she is currently still unity brainwashed and solely focused on raising Claire.
Definitely read World War Wendigo ;)

Phil
03-29-2016, 04:53 PM
Team Ironman:
Shaman
I'd say Shaman would be team Cap as he's used visions and premonitions of the future before.

Yankee
03-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Definitely read World War Wendigo ;)

From what I can gather, somehow in the interim heather got back together with Mac. Ah off panel reconciliations, the best kind!

Yankee
03-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Id say Puck would side with Iron Man because he is the main one besides Namor trying to convince heather not to kill Marrina, that her offspring should be given the chance to be good rather than be condemned as evil before their born. Looking at the sides, I'm very glad they put deadpool with iron man, because that keeps in continuity with dead pools beliefs ie his relationship with Evan ( a clone of the reincarnated apocalypse) in uncanny xforce.

Tawmis
03-31-2016, 04:26 PM
I only care about "Civil War II: Choosing Sides" - because it has Night Thrasher in it (and later Power Pack).

Yankee
03-31-2016, 06:07 PM
One thing I'm worried about is my gut is telling me one of the three pre-space alpha flight members (puck Sasquatch and aurora) will die over the course of this arc because there will be minimal backlash from the casual marvel reader vs if they kill off a more established hero on Captain Marvels side.

Phil
03-31-2016, 08:27 PM
That works in our favour too though; they need to kill a bigger name.

Tawmis
04-01-2016, 06:32 PM
One thing I'm worried about is my gut is telling me one of the three pre-space alpha flight members (puck Sasquatch and aurora) will die over the course of this arc because there will be minimal backlash from the casual marvel reader vs if they kill off a more established hero on Captain Marvels side.

Nah, I don't think they're in danger. It's the other AF members NOT in use who are in more danger.

Le Messor
04-03-2016, 12:41 AM
What are the sides in this civil war ie what is the issue that the two factions are fighting over? I'm assuming it's not superhuman registration again lol never mind I googled it

I didn't google it... What is the issue?

I only care about "Civil War II: Choosing Sides" - because it has Night Thrasher in it (and later Power Pack).

Which Night Thrasher?
Power Pack as children or as older?

I like both sets of originals! :)

~ Le Messor
"Forget it. No Civil War picture ever made a nickel."
~ MGM executive advising against investing in Gone With The Wind

Yankee
04-03-2016, 11:36 AM
The issue is essentially the premise of minority report: they find a being in space who can accurately predict the future and the super community debate whether or not they should use it to combat criminals. Captain Marvels side is all about using it whereas Iron Man leads the determinism side, ie people should be given the chance to be good, not arrested because of what some crystal ball said

Le Messor
04-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Pro-Registration Iron Man said that?
Huh.

Not exactly a contradiction, but a little odd.

~ Le Messor
"For God's sake give me the young man who has brains enough to make a fool of himself."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson

Yankee
04-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Pro-Registration Iron Man said that?
Huh.

Not exactly a contradiction, but a little odd.

~ Le Messor
"For God's sake give me the young man who has brains enough to make a fool of himself."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson

and anti-registration Steve Rogers is with Captain Marvel. im just bummed because from the looks of things deadpool and puck will be on opposite sides

Phil
04-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Well, there's no confirmation Puck will be anywhere near the series/storyline/crossover at all, to be fair.

It's likely Deadpool will play the field though:

Yankee
04-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Well, there's no confirmation Puck will be anywhere near the series/storyline/crossover at all, to be fair.

It's likely Deadpool will play the field though:

But since Captain Marvel, who promotional artwork for the crossover loudly trumpets her as the leader of Alpha Flight, is his boss, it makes sense that in her solo series at least his opinion on the issue should at least come up. But then again, that's assuming the team of Marvel, Puck, Aurora, and Sasquatch are still together come June.

also a source I read said that Deadpool would be throwing his support behind Iron Man. Which makes sense, in more then one story arc, under various different writers, Pool has shown a determinist streak.

Phil
04-05-2016, 12:19 PM
There's nothing to say that the CWII arc will be set in space though.
From the pages shown so far she's definitely on Earth.
I'm still hopeful that they'll all be about somewhere, hence listing it in the Solicit picks, but it's not confirmed so sense isn't an issue unfortunately.

RE Deadpool, Alonso has said that players will switch sides throughout the storyline as their viewpoints change. Deadpool could be prime for this.
So while he is definitely Team Tony to start with, there's no guarantee he'll stay that way.

Tawmis
04-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Which Night Thrasher?
Power Pack as children or as older?
I like both sets of originals! :)

Original Night Thrasher is back (he's alive, and there was much rejoicing) thanks to the events of Contest of Champions (I confirmed with an Editor at Marvel that it's "616" Dwayne), who will then be a part of the Civil War II: Choosing Sides story, written by Brandon Easton. (Who has credits doing Agent Carter, among many other credits - but this will be his first, official, Marvel comic credit).

Power Pack, I do not know what state they will be in.

Le Messor
04-06-2016, 05:51 AM
Power Pack, I do not know what state they will be in.

I'm guessing New York, since that's where everybody in the entire Marvel Universe is.

Tawmis
04-07-2016, 12:38 AM
I'm guessing New York, since that's where everybody in the entire Marvel Universe is.

Hah! Probably a joke - but what I meant was, Power Pack has gone through some... changes. The original series was pretty good. But they later "relaunched" repeated anime versions of Power Pack which were horrid (and I hope, are disregarded).

Le Messor
04-07-2016, 05:24 AM
Hah! Probably a joke - but what I meant was, Power Pack has gone through some... changes. The original series was pretty good. But they later "relaunched" repeated anime versions of Power Pack which were horrid (and I hope, are disregarded).

I knew what you meant. ;)
I fear the latter: the horrid anime version.

Tawmis
04-08-2016, 04:24 AM
I knew what you meant. ;)
I fear the latter: the horrid anime version.

Since it's going to be in the Civil War II: Choosing Sides mini - I am hoping for the normal Power Pack.

Phil
04-08-2016, 05:39 AM
Presumably they'll be missing one member though.

Tawmis
04-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Presumably they'll be missing one member though.

Do you know which one? (I assume Julie?)

Phil
04-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Alex is off with Reed, Franklin & the FF, outside of reality, creating universes.

Tawmis
04-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Alex is off with Reed, Franklin & the FF, outside of reality, creating universes.

Creating Universes. Easy stuff.

Le Messor
04-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Kids' stuff.

Tawmis
04-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Kids' stuff.

Right? I mean that's as silly as Franklin Richards just POP! making up a whole... new... univer.... wait a minute... #HeroesReborn

Yankee
04-19-2016, 07:56 PM
Just curious, did they ever say why Alpha Changed from defending canada to esssentially being the space base for shield (and I mean explanations in comics not explanation from writers saying why they changed it) And what happened to Guardian and Vindicator ie the general de facto leaders of AF? did they retire?

Phil
04-20-2016, 04:48 AM
It hasn't, but it hasn't been stated that they're not doing both.
Until I see otherwise I'm assuming Mac's team is still in Canada.

Yankee
04-20-2016, 08:56 AM
It hasn't, but it hasn't been stated that they're not doing both.
Until I see otherwise I'm assuming Mac's team is still in Canada.
Fair assumption

Mekko Hotvle
05-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Are there differences in the superhero registration acts between Canada's and the U.S.'s version?

Yankee
05-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Are there differences in the superhero registration acts between Canada's and the U.S.'s version?
To be honest, I think when Marvel did civil war, they honestly forgot that they had already given Canada a registration act ie they had all those rogue supers fleeing to Canada so they could avoid registration.

Phil
05-05-2016, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure that by the time of CW the Canadian one had been overruled, just like that US one is now.

Yankee
05-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that by the time of CW the Canadian one had been overruled, just like that US one is now.

Makes sense.