PDA

View Full Version : Site issue.

Tawmis
10-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Seeing this repeated at the top of the page:
Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../vb/legacy/post.php on line 280

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../vb/legacy/post.php on line 280

Tawmis
10-15-2016, 11:31 PM
The line number changes, also.

Also - may be related (I suspect) - when I try to "Reply with Quote" it doesn't work.

Tawmis
10-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 402

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/functions_newpost.php on line 200

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode_alt.php on line 522

rplass
10-16-2016, 04:46 PM
I'm getting that too, it's a known bug. I also come to the site a lot and do not get that bug. Neither Phil nor I have the ability to debug the code that runs the site. Hang tight.

Phil
10-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it's been flagged and I've been trying to chase it for just under a week, but no luck...

Le Messor
10-17-2016, 03:37 PM
I've begun to notice it, too.

I also had trouble editing an old post yesterday.

Phil
10-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Yeah, quoting and editing are a problem, as are attaching images, adding comments to threads normally (Go Advanced solves this, but it's a ballache), and I'm sure more...

Ben
10-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Hey all, sorry for prolonged silence. This issue was caused by a server upgrade to PHP version. To remedy I have to update for site software. I have it downloading, and have a large backup running. The backup may take most of the night, and hope to update software tomorrow.

rplass
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Ben. Good to hear.

Phil
10-18-2016, 03:49 PM
You're the best <3

Le Messor
10-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Yay Ben! :)

Tawmis
10-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Woot! Glad to hear. :)

-K-M-
10-18-2016, 09:24 PM
Thanks Ben :) welcome back

Mokole
10-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Good to hear from you, Ben, hope you and yours are healthy and happy.

Tawmis
10-20-2016, 10:10 PM
I know Ben's busy and said it'd take a day; but that was 2 days ago (and I am not rushing him or anything) - just reporting I am still seeing it (in case a fix was indeed placed already).

-K-M-
01-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Any updates when the issues will be fixed? It's getting harder and harder to post. Sometimes takes me three times to To post as I get errors or the screen is completely messed up

Legerd
01-09-2017, 02:27 PM
I've had the same problems, but to the point I've been unable to post.

Le Messor
01-09-2017, 02:30 PM
That's bad.

Obviously something worked, Legerd. Do you know what changed? Different computer / device?

~ Le Messor
"If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches and poor men's cottages princes' palaces."
~ Shakespeare

Legerd
01-09-2017, 02:35 PM
I think it's because I had tried to post with a quote before. I tried to edit my above post to say "Yay, it worked this time," but it wouldn't let me. Then I tried to make a post quoting my post and that wouldn't work either. It seems that anything beyond a plain old post isn't working -- at least not for me.

Le Messor
01-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Nobody's been able to post with a quote for a while.

I can forge them:

I think it's because I had tried to post with a quote before.
but that's not quite the same (I can't link it back to your post).

The protocol is:
<quote=whoever>insert quoted text here</quote>
(replacing triangle brackets with square brackets, of course).

~ LM

Phil
01-10-2017, 05:10 AM
Yeah, Editing and Quoting is down.
Posting on Articles requires you to Go Advanced, and pictures can't be embedded.

Legerd
01-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Tawmis
03-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Hey all, sorry for prolonged silence. This issue was caused by a server upgrade to PHP version. To remedy I have to update for site software. I have it downloading, and have a large backup running. The backup may take most of the night, and hope to update software tomorrow.

Sorry to resurrect. :)

Phil
03-02-2017, 08:46 AM
I doubt Ben'll see that.

Tawmis
09-27-2017, 11:10 PM
Heh - I keep directing people to come to this site (from my Comic Relief Podcast twitter account)... Wondering if there are errors with registration as well and such? (Could be that they're just not coming to the forum... sadly, it seems a lot of forums have gone under, thanks to social media, like Facebook having their "Groups" or "Pages"... even my New Warriors forum, after an update fubar'ed the database for the forum, I threw my hands in the air, and just made a Facebook Group that ties to the Facebook page... but, I am one, who much prefers forums... but I'm old school... I'd probably still use a dial up modem, just to hear that crackly old sound...) :D

Phil
09-28-2017, 07:32 AM
We're still getting new sign-up's.
Usually spammers, but the registration process is fine.

The rest of the site however...

-K-M-
09-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Any news when or if we will fix the site?

Tawmis
10-07-2017, 02:52 AM
Heh - the error codes are annoying and discouraging enough...

But man, that lack of Reply With Quote (without going the long route of manually doing it) is extremely annoying!

I was going to say (to -K-M-) I don't think the forum _will_ get fixed, sadly. I don't think Ben comes around here anymore? Based on what Phil said, (http://alphaflight.net/showthread.php?10388-Site-issue&p=103403&viewfull=1#post103403) when I asked about it being fixed?

Tawmis
10-07-2017, 02:55 AM
And apparently you can't edit your own post either (or I can't... it just sits there trying)... I was going to say, it's almost been exactly a year (10/18/2016) when Ben was last on this thread. (http://alphaflight.net/showthread.php?10388-Site-issue&p=102899&viewfull=1#post102899)

Legerd
03-24-2018, 11:32 AM
I'm having trouble posting on the Marvel Solicitations for June 2018 page. It's saying: "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters." I've extended my post, but it keeps giving me that error message.

Le Messor
03-24-2018, 04:15 PM
Try going through 'go advanced'; sometimes that helps.

Legerd
03-25-2018, 04:19 AM
I did, but got the same message.

Le Messor
03-25-2018, 05:21 AM
I just tried it, and it let me post.
I think the thread hates you.
That was a joke.

Tawmis
03-25-2018, 05:29 PM
It some threads, it does seem to be getting progressively worse. There was one of the threads after posting in it (in the Champions thread, I think) - I hit "Post Quickly Reply" after I was done typing - it went to a white page with several lines of phpbb errors - then went to the top of the forum to show the phpbb errors, then refreshed, showed the phpbb errors, and then the actual thread.

Le Messor
03-26-2018, 05:55 AM
Weird... honestly, I usually look in another window (in fact, I'm doing that right now, with a post in the very Champions thread you mention!) while all that's going on, so it's rare I'd notice - but I think I have.

~ LM

Phil
03-26-2018, 01:26 PM
It works differently for an article thread as opposed to a forum thread.

Tawmis
04-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Hooray! It's back! Was down for about a week.

Tawmis
04-09-2018, 03:47 PM
In the event the site takes a nose dive again, I made this:
http://alphaflight.boardhost.com/index.php

Le Messor
04-09-2018, 04:32 PM
That's a good idea. How much of the current site has it reproduced?

Tawmis
04-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Nothing - it's basically a mini forum.

But I was thinking of capturing stuff in here (articles and such) and putting it on that mini forum as posts.

It'd just take a lot of time.

Le Messor
04-09-2018, 04:47 PM
I thought it would; that's why I was surprised.

Look, just capture everything *I've* posted. That's the important stuff.
(/jk)

Tawmis
04-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Heh! I am probably going redo the synopsis stuff in my own words and post all of that on the backup (I don't wanna copy and paste the synopsis stuff since it's not from hjere)

Tawmis
04-24-2019, 05:40 PM
Well the boardhost thing is gone... I can't remember if I deleted it awhile ago, because the site here was stable... or if it got purged, perhaps due to inactivity? No idea, really. Was just logging in and still seeing the same old errors, and it made me think of this thread. :D

Le Messor
04-24-2019, 06:12 PM
Well, it's either been over a year or seven months since you made it (depending on if those dates are written in Americaneze or not). Might be long enough to shut it down if there's been no activity.

~ Le Messor
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
~ Mark Twain

Tawmis
12-24-2019, 07:20 PM
- throws kindle into the fire -

Ah, these cold, winter nights. Had been gone from here for awhile and greeted with the errors upon arrival and chuckled to myself. It's as if I never left! :D

Le Messor
12-25-2019, 02:51 AM
So that's why they're called kindling!

Tawmis
01-06-2020, 01:00 AM
I'd quote you if I could. ;)

Tawmis
01-06-2020, 01:03 AM
This was ... interesting.

Le Messor
01-06-2020, 02:46 AM
I've figured out if I click in just the right spot, I can still write my posts in that mess.

Also:
<quote=Mik>bla bla bla, what does Mik say that's worth quoting?</quote>
but use square brackets instead of triangles. It won't link back to the 'riginal post, like it used to, but it'll give you a quote box.

Tawmis
01-09-2020, 12:56 AM
Oh I know you can manually type the quote code (been using phpbb forums forever). Was mostly just making a jab at the current inability to do it due to the errors. :D

It was an attempt at being funny...

And failing miserably apparently! :D

Le Messor
01-09-2020, 02:56 AM
:) Comedy is subjective.

Tawmis
01-10-2020, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a good.... quote.

These are the jokes, folks. These are the jokes.

Tawmis
07-22-2021, 05:40 AM
Since Alpha Flight has been getting a lot of attention (Aurora and Northstar as characters in X-Books and the new Gamma Flight), would be cool for the site to get the forum fixed up for new people who head this way and don't get turned away seeing a bunch of error codes. :D

But I understand, life being what it is - just thinking out loud. :D

Phil
07-23-2021, 08:18 AM
Believe you me, I've been trying for over 5 years.

Le Messor
07-23-2021, 05:12 PM
We appreciate your work, even if it isn't obvious.