PDA

View Full Version : Where be They All

DelBubs
01-12-2004, 05:19 AM
Just as a matter of interest, is there any of the original AF fics out there. Stuff like BoND, 2nd Flight etc. I've looked, but cannot find?

Phil
01-12-2004, 07:09 AM
http://www.geocities.com/james_m_hudson/menu.htm

DelBubs
01-12-2004, 08:25 AM
God bless ya Phil, wonder if I'll find any of my old ones choking up space.

syvalois
01-12-2004, 12:58 PM
2nd flight link do not work :( I've got my story where is the rest? Anyway, can we redo the site can of?

Ben
01-12-2004, 03:48 PM
If someone wanted to take it on to gather them up, and make a page, I'd be happy to make a subdirectory on alphaflgiht.net, with a separate FTP account to that dir...free hosting, no adds ;) Just don't use too much of my space! :lol: :wink: :lol:

2nd flight link do not work :( I've got my story where is the rest? Anyway, can we redo the site can of?

DelBubs
01-12-2004, 08:36 PM

Just as a matter of interest, who does that site ? Just interested as I'm kinda tempted to finish up WTWS.

Barnacle13
06-22-2004, 12:59 PM
I have quite a few of the Second Flight Fan Fics in Word format. Just let me know who or where to send them. I think I have some of the artwork as well. All saved on my handy hard drive! I loved those characters, especially Bellfrey and Barnacle! The legacies were cool too, but I liked the new creations best. Kodiak was a great bruiser for the team. I'd love to see some of that picked back up. Just who has the time any more?

Barnacle13

Ben
06-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey Barnacle13, long time no see! Welcome!

Send any fics you wanna see put up to ben@alphaflight.net I'll find a good home for 'em.

Ben

ladymako71
06-24-2004, 01:29 AM
now this is where I wish I knew how to creat and maintain a web page...I would love to find a place, ro creat one that has a ton of AF fics all in one spot...

bigbloo
06-25-2004, 05:31 AM
If you are missing some of the stories from the 2nd Flight round robin, ive got hard copies of them so tell me which ones you need and ill type em into Word format.

I also still have all of the round robin artwork and most of the drawings i did so i can submit those too :)

HappyCanuck
06-25-2004, 12:45 PM
If you are missing some of the stories from the 2nd Flight round robin, ive got hard copies of them so tell me which ones you need and ill type em into Word format.

I also still have all of the round robin artwork and most of the drawings i did so i can submit those too :)

:D :D OOOH!!! *Goes into 'happy-happy-Joy-Joy' mode*... I miss Blue's art from Second Flight! (first non-professional to really make me envious)

bigbloo
06-26-2004, 03:35 PM
:D :D OOOH!!! *Goes into 'happy-happy-Joy-Joy' mode*... I miss Blue's art from Second Flight! (first non-professional to really make me envious)

Thats a great compliment man, nice of you to say so. :D Thanks!

HappyCanuck
06-26-2004, 04:02 PM

Thats a great compliment man, nice of you to say so. :D Thanks!

Trust me, Blue... it's MORE than just a compliment, I MEAN every word of it!

Ben
06-26-2004, 11:27 PM
aaaaand for those of you interested in seeing some of Bloo's art, I'm in the process of uploading pics of his to the Aurora, Talisman, Guardian I, and Guardian II galleries on AF.net.

Ben

Barnacle13
07-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Ben,
Did you ever get a cahnce to post any of the 2nd Flight stories I sent you last month? I'd love to see some of the old fan art as well. That was a nice colaboration. Too bad everyone got busy with life, work, school, family, etc. I'd love to see those characters developed further. I was so waiting to see someone unleash the Barnacle Bomb (2nd Flight's answer to the Fastball Special). Bellfrey was by far my favorite visual on the team, much like Sas on Alpha. Would love to see this stuff pop back up!

Tom

Ben
07-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Alas, Life/work has been busy for me to :( It's one of many things on my list of stuff to do for the site. I'm just on the verge of updating my news page, while I"m at it, I'll start planning out how to put the 2nd Flight stuff up :)

I'm thinking I may do it apart for AF.net. Something like 2ndflight.alphaflight.net with it's own special layout. I'll need someone to help me figure out the orders of the art I have ect. Tom, if you have MSN Messenger, add me to yer list incase I need to pick yer brain. I've got Allan, Del, Sylvie, and Seng there to pester, why not one more eh ;)

Ben

Barnacle13
07-28-2004, 02:10 AM
No problem! I think it's still my turn to pen the next story. Maybe we're waiting on Seng. I don't know I kinda lost track some 3 years ago!

sengsterooney
07-28-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi folks,

Good to know that the memory of 2nd Flight is still alive and well. Reading your posts brought back quite a few memories of the round robin - it really was an amazing effort by all (helped, I suspect, by the fact that everyone had a hand in creating the characters and voting for those who would be in the team). I also remember the beautiful artwork by Bloo - good to hear that you still have them somewhere in your electronic archives Bloo.

Like you, Tom, I don't even remember where we left off. I vaguely remember a 2nd tier team being sent in to help out the main players who had been kidnapped by some terrorist group (ur... does this not ring a bell with the current AF storyline?).

Anyone remember who the characters were? I think Puck was married to Heather (!) and they had some kids who were on the team. And there was Wild Child's daughter, Aurora and Sas's daughter, and, of course, Barnacle, Bellfrey and Kodiak.

Cheers,

Seng

bigbloo
07-28-2004, 11:02 AM
The main team:
started with...

GV2: eldest son of Heather and Puck, wears EM suit
Wildheart: daughter of Wild Child and Val Cooper, feral abilities
Box V: grandson of Jerome Jaxon, phases into Box armor
Kodiak: Increased size, strength and invulnerability
Solstice: transforms to light

they were then joined by...

Whitehawk: son of Snowbird and Doug Ramsey, shapeshifter
Starlight: daughter of Aurora and Sas, light powers
Bellfrey: half man half bat
Barnacle: amphibious, skin resembles barnacles

and...

Province: older version of Radius, team leader

When we last saw them:

Most of the members of Second Flight were captured by the Sisterhood in their living ship Aerie. Director H (Heather Hudson) sends a bunch of newly trained recruits from Beta Flight along with Barnacle, Bellfrey and Province to try and save them. This strike team is supported by Pathway and Feedback, as well as a cadre of Epsilon Black.

As the last chapter ended, Mission Commander (his name escapes me at the moment) discovers that Aerie is infected with the dreaded Transmode virus and decides to destroy the whole ship, with all of the members of both teams in it, rather than risk another Transmode Epidemic.

I love this bunch of characters... :)

sengsterooney
08-03-2004, 05:14 AM
Wow Blue, you blow me over with your memory of the 2nd Flight's last exploits. It's been years, so you must've been keeping the flame burning (even if it's just in your memory).

I also remember that along with the main 2nd Flight storyline, we had a lot of 'solo' stories too... all of them excellent.

Before the 2nd Flight site went the way of the dodo, did anyone archive the stories?

Seng

DelBubs
08-03-2004, 03:23 PM
As much as I enjoyed BoND, I gotta admit that the working on 2nd Flight and creating the characters has got to be some of my most enjoyable times ficcing. No confines, no boundries just working together on creating.

birdygirl
08-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Slight correction to Whitehawk: He was the son of Snowbird and Doug Thompson, (not Doug Ramsey).

Also, in a wonderful fanfic by Allan Crocker, ("To Everything a Change"), Whitehawk changes his name to Gyrfalcon, which is more in line with his avatar.

I've also been wondering whatever happened to all the 2nd Flight fanfics. And I'd like to see them posted someplace, also. They were great stories with great characters! :)

ladymako71
08-03-2004, 05:28 PM
I have enough fun as it is trying to find ANY Alpha Flight fics worth reading out there. =/

Ben
08-03-2004, 05:33 PM
I've also been wondering whatever happened to all the 2nd Flight fanfics. And I'd like to see them posted someplace, also. They were great stories with great characters! :)

I'm on it...eventually! Rather strapped for time with construction on my studio/gallery/house just now, but it's on my very long list of stuff to do :)

Ben

DelBubs
08-03-2004, 05:43 PM
I have enough fun as it is trying to find ANY Alpha Flight fics worth reading out there. =/
May I suggest http://www.alphaflight.net/articles/fanfic/walk_tall_walk_straight_pre.html This is hopefully my best effort, self promoting.

ladymako71
08-03-2004, 05:52 PM
May I suggest http://www.alphaflight.net/articles/fanfic/walk_tall_walk_straight_pre.html This is hopefully my best effort, self promoting.

Read it, enjoyed it thoroughly. My problem is finding more then the handful available out there.

and it's time for this like mako shark to go to bed. *falls over*

DelBubs
08-03-2004, 05:59 PM
My only other effort that I can think of is 'Quality of Life' which I think Steven Paul hosts at his site and some New Warriors stuff I did years back.

At Byrne Robotics there's a fanfic section which has a few stories and an unpublished amateur writer script, which isn't too bad.

Enjoy your kip. 'Picking Jo up and pointing her towards her mattress'.

Barnacle13
08-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Ben does have everything that I do on Second Flight. I can fully sypathize on the time constraints. In the meantime, if anyone would like me to e-mail them personally, I can send what I have. Drop me a line at tom.bush@honeywell.com and I'll shoot them your way! I'm missing a few of the stories. Don't think I have any of the Aerie story, but lots of solos and early team stuff. Plus some of the origins as well. Got a few pieces of artwork also. None of Bloo's stuff :cry: (it was amazing) :shock: . Let me know if you'd like to see any of it!

Tom