PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Words

DelBubs
01-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Ben, was just wondering what the rules are in regards to useing bad language, you know, stuff like 'tits', 'winkle' and 'vibrophone'. I can understand that flaming is a no-no, but surely as we are dealing with a Marvel book, there are gonna be times we are gonna let rip and say bad things. Does this thing have a automatic censoring device, or shall we just be a tad careful?

Ben
01-14-2004, 10:35 AM
LOL, leave it to you Del ;) There is no sensor set up as yet, but if anyone (especially you Del) Private Message me a list of naughty words that you think might get used, I'll set up a sensor. It won't block posting out, but will turn letters look like s**t etc.

Ben

DelBubs
01-14-2004, 11:37 AM
LOL, leave it to you Del ;) There is no sensor set up as yet, but if anyone (especially you Del) Private Message me a list of naughty words that you think might get used, I'll set up a sensor. It won't block posting out, but will turn letters look like s**t etc.

Ben

What can I say :lol: I shall work on the list as soon as I get back from picking up comics, but being a good religious type of person, my list is unlikely to contain words like f**k and bollacks, wouldn't want to offend :oops:

Phil
01-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Heh, I think Del was asking for permission to swear :lol:

DelBubs
01-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Phil, you know how it is, you start to discuss Marvel and then their treatment of Alpha Flight, before you know it, you have to swear, but I do promise not to use the word vibrop*one too much 8)

I DEL ROBINSON, BEING OF SOUND MIND AND BODY, DO DECLAIR, THAT I LOVE BILL MANTLO, AND WOULD LIKE TO BEAR HIS ILLIGITIMATE LOVE CHILD, AND WOULD GET A SEX CHANGE JUST TO DO SO!

Ben
01-14-2004, 05:34 PM
I don't want to put restrictions on freedom of speach here so I won't restrict swearing...just for Del ;)

However, Del did bring up a good point for my setting up the word sensor, as there "could" be youngin's either here, or going to join with the launch of the new book. The last thing we want is for thier folks to see one of Del's blantant potty-mouthing ;) Hense, the filter. Soooo, accepting suggestions any time folks.

Oh, and keep in mind, Phil and I DO have the power to edit your posts, so we could make you say ....oh, what's that? What did Del just say in the post above me? he h heh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

DelBubs
01-14-2004, 06:03 PM
[I DEL ROBINSON, BEING OF SOUND MIND AND BODY, DO DECLAIR, THAT I LOVE BILL MANTLO, AND WOULD LIKE TO BEAR HIS ILLIGITIMATE LOVE CHILD, AND WOULD GET A SEX CHANGE JUST TO DO SO![/quote]

Why!! you ******* dog ********, stoat gobbling, sheep molesting moderator you, I wish to see you spread eagled over a car bonnet with a pineapple shoved up your ****, sideways. Apart from that, it ain't bad :x

HavokThePowerful
03-20-2004, 02:58 PM
I DEL ROBINSON, BEING OF SOUND MIND AND BODY, DO DECLAIR, THAT I LOVE BILL MANTLO, AND WOULD LIKE TO BEAR HIS ILLIGITIMATE LOVE CHILD, AND WOULD GET A SEX CHANGE JUST TO DO SO!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DelBubs
03-20-2004, 09:32 PM
I BENJAMIN "SWEETLIPS" WELLS, BEING OF SOUND MIND AND BODY, DO DECLARE, THAT I LOVE BILL MANTLO, AND HAVE BOURNE HIM NUMEROUS ILLIGITIMATE LOVE CHILDREN, AND HAVE HAD A SEX CHANGE JUST TO DO SO!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HappyCanuck
03-20-2004, 10:37 PM
[quote=Ben Wells, Bill Mantlo's sex toy]

Now we ARE getting personal!! :oops:

HavokThePowerful
03-21-2004, 01:14 AM
I BENJAMIN "SWEETLIPS" WELLS, BEING OF SOUND MIND AND BODY, DO DECLARE, THAT I LOVE BILL MANTLO, AND HAVE BOURNE HIM NUMEROUS ILLIGITIMATE LOVE CHILDREN, AND HAVE HAD A SEX CHANGE JUST TO DO SO!

I don't know sounds like the kind of thing a cuboard jockey would say? :wink:

DelBubs
03-21-2004, 07:23 AM

I want to have Mantlo's Love Children Too, and can I be a cupboard jockey :wink:

The Jobs yours Havok, the pays lousy :-)

HavokThePowerful
03-21-2004, 10:14 AM
No thanx, I'll leave it to the pros like yourself

ladymako71
06-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Oh my face hurts!

*falls over laughing her **** off!*

PWalk
06-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Holy crap thats funny.

Hey can any of the UK'ers here tell me exactly how "bullocks" would be used? Hell exactly what is a bullock anyway other than being part of the name for a punk album?

DelBubs
06-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Bollacks are a colloquellism for testicles. Normally used to diss something, as in 'Austens take on the Uncanny X-Men was total bollacks (****, crap, rubbish etc)'. Sometimes spelt 'Bolloxs' to get past the censor.

ladymako71
06-10-2004, 03:31 PM
I went over the list Del submitted and noticed a few he missed...he's a good church goer after all unlike this heathen scum over here... ;)

so in order to help with the censor I shall add to the list...

tinkie, wobbly, britney spears...there was a few others but my mum over heard me and clipped me around the ear for my horrid language.

JohnnyCanuck
06-19-2004, 01:35 AM
tossed salad
blumpkin
dirty sanchez

wait a minute what the hell is a vibrophone? Isn't that just a cell phone that shakes?

ladymako71
06-19-2004, 03:53 AM
possibly ;)

ladymako71
06-24-2004, 02:56 AM
S**w...that horrid white stuff that falls from the sky in Canada between Sept and May. ^^

Ben
06-24-2004, 03:07 AM
hey, we don't get it here 'till Nov-Dec.

ladymako71
06-24-2004, 03:13 AM
which is why I meantioned Canada in general...it's snowing somewhere by Sept.

Ben
06-24-2004, 03:22 AM
Same can be said for the US....with Alaska and all.....

SwiftFox
06-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Same can be said for the US....with Alaska and all.....

Good call Ben!

HappyCanuck
06-24-2004, 11:52 AM
S**w...that horrid white stuff that falls from the sky in Canada between Sept and May. ^^

the only places that get snow in Sept through May are all north of the sixtieth parallel (Yellowknife in specific)

However I agree with Jo (especially after living in YK for the first 20-odd years of my life): S**w is DEFFINATELY a naughty word!

JohnnyCanuck
06-26-2004, 03:09 AM
the only places that get snow in Sept through May are all north of the sixtieth parallel (Yellowknife in specific)

However I agree with Jo (especially after living in YK for the first 20-odd years of my life): S**w is DEFFINATELY a naughty word![/quote]

Just how odd were they???

ladymako71
06-26-2004, 11:05 AM

If you mean why someone would consider s**w a naughty word that's easy enough to explain...I may have born a short 8 hour flight from the magnetic south pole in NZ, but I grew up primarily in the Aussie outback and Hawai'i. Two places where s**w is a myth and therefore naughty. I miss being able to go to the beach and go swimming or surfing because it's so hot on Christmas day. ^^

JohnnyCanuck
06-27-2004, 02:06 AM

If you mean why someone would consider s**w a naughty word that's easy enough to explain...I may have born a short 8 hour flight from the magnetic south pole in NZ, but I grew up primarily in the Aussie outback and Hawai'i. Two places where s**w is a myth and therefore naughty. I miss being able to go to the beach and go swimming or surfing because it's so hot on Christmas day. ^^

No I meant just how odd were the first twenty years of his life...

ladymako71
06-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Ahhhhh! lol From what I have heard, they were fairly odd.

SwiftFox
06-27-2004, 02:22 AM

And haven't changed much since...

HappyCanuck
06-27-2004, 11:56 AM

And haven't changed much since...

Hey now you two!! Play nice!

However, they are right in that my life in Yellowknife was ... memorable to say the least (tho most of it I'd prefer to forget - and tried through MANY a substance :D). Having been born and bred there, suffice it to say, I am much better off here, in - as Jo calls it - 'the butt-f*** middle of nowhere' (aka: Kooteney region of BC). Sure there's not much for my 'social' life (read into that as you will - most of you already know the problems), but being able to get off work and see the early-morning splenders of the mountains, especially as the low-lying clouds drape the mountainsides, oi, second only to heaven!

The fact that we get only 3 mos of winter (as compared to 8 in YK), or that the coldest it got here was -20C for two days (as compared to the month of -40C or less plus windchill), with a winter average of about -5 to -10C, that's also a BIG relief.

And that's not taking into consideration the PEOPLE of said city! :D

ladymako71
06-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Having been born and bred there, suffice it to say, I am much better off here, in - as Jo calls it - 'the butt-f*** middle of nowhere' (aka: Kooteney region of BC). Sure there's not much for my 'social' life (read into that as you will - most of you already know the problems), but being able to get off work and see the early-morning splenders of the mountains, especially as the low-lying clouds drape the mountainsides, oi, second only to heaven!

I can attest to this, the pics I've seen are pretty. *doing research for my impending 'expidition' north, nothing more* :whistle:

Le Messor
07-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Okay, Del, swear all you want...

Just don't say 'semprini'.

"Any IC protected by a fast acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first."

DelBubs
07-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Okay, Del, swear all you want...

Just don't say 'semprini'.

Hiya Mik, I know I should know the word ***prini, I'm getting a Python kinda thing in my head.

Phil
07-03-2004, 10:31 AM
There's tablets for that, I hear....

DelBubs
07-03-2004, 10:33 AM
There's tablets for that, I hear....
I'm not interested in your medication sir, for I shall face this semprini thing head on like my forbears did, god bless em.

kozzi24
07-03-2004, 09:38 PM
That's taking the hard way.

Phil
07-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm not interested in your medication sir

You have enough of your own already? :P

ladymako71
07-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Oh hullo? We've gone from 'naughty words' to various forum member's drug addictions. In that case, pass me the beer and a pack of fags and we're all set.

fags btw = SMOKES to non Brit lang speakers...just in case, ya never know.

Phil
07-23-2004, 03:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ the need for clarification :lol:

ladymako71
07-23-2004, 03:51 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ the need for clarification :lol:

Hey ya never know, someone who is not familiar with the term could see it and have the big one...right before firing off a nasty hate filled letter about my narrow mindedness towards others.

Phil
07-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Coulda been fun :P

ladymako71
07-23-2004, 04:04 PM
your idea of fun sounds remarkably like mine...why do I suddenly reckon that people will run screaming now?

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah, damn it, someone get offended, so I can be the sissy fairy collaborator that takes her side. ::cue giggle.::

Addictions? I have no addictions. I mean, I can't get enough of Jager Bombs and Jager shots and Liquid Cocaine shots and Nuclear Rainbow (the drink of the TRUE GAY MAN!) shots and Purple Hooters, etc., etc., but I have a lot of occasions to drink to! Life is good! And I take Nembutol probably more than I should, BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON. See, my AC unit is in my bedroom window, and when it rains, it's not some little sissy pitter-patter. It sounds like hail hitting the top of your car. And it's been raining quite a lot down here. SO, I have to get to sleep somehow, right?

... right?!

kozzi24
07-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Or, put a broad leafed houseplant in a large pot in top of the AC, rocks at bottom of pot if nbecessary. Leafs and top soil will blunt the noise.

DelBubs
07-29-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm not interested in your medication sir

You have enough of your own already? :P
I'm of the opinion that I can never have enough medication at hand. According to the local quack I have tennis elbow and she has given me some interesting anti-inflamatory/analgesia. She's gone right to the top of my christmas card list :lol: