PDA

View Full Version : If Like Me...

DelBubs
02-07-2004, 10:45 PM
If like me you don't happen to have the Alpha Flight toys (my Northstar and Aurora having made their escape at the suggestion of my errant Eric Draven) then I would like to draw your atention to the following

http://www.draddog.com/toys/retailaf/alphaflight/ and

http://www.toyfan.com/alpha.php

There are probably places that sell the reverse Guardian, but I really can't be arsed to look.

The reason I am bringing up old figures, I came across the links while looking for somthing else and came over all nostalgic :cry:

Phil
02-10-2004, 07:50 PM
But Del, should I take my figures out of the packets?

Tell me what I can do with my figures, Del......

;)

DelBubs
02-10-2004, 09:12 PM
But Del, should I take my figures out of the packets?

Tell me what I can do with my figures, Del......

;)
Why? what you should do ******* is, putting your figures to one side for a moment, take some sticky back plastic, a fairy liquid bottle, some crepe (sp) paper and felt tips, use you bloody initiative and model yourself a scale model of Crystallium, then using a well polished Iron Man figure as Crystar, you can re-anact the whole sodding story from Crystar 11. Alternatively, you can shove the things up your ****. :shock:

varo
02-10-2004, 10:12 PM
ewwwwwww.....

but won't that decrease the value of them on the open market?

DelBubs
02-10-2004, 10:18 PM
You could always poly-bag them first I suppose.

varo
02-10-2004, 10:23 PM
but what about the smell?

DelBubs
02-18-2004, 10:21 PM
but what about the smell?

I think the figures are in stiff plastic, plus they don't have nasal receptors, so I don't think the odour should be an issue :oops:

Chavez
02-21-2004, 12:46 AM
using a well polished Iron Man figure as Crystar, you can re-anact the whole sodding story from Crystar 11. The guest appearance in ROM was a MUCH better story. :wink:

DelBubs
02-21-2004, 01:04 PM
using a well polished Iron Man figure as Crystar, you can re-anact the whole sodding story from Crystar 11. The guest appearance in ROM was a MUCH better story. :wink:

Thats a fair point, given that ROM only existed as a comic cos of the toy line, however, not wanting to throw a spanner into the works, but I don't recall a Shaman or Marrina figure being produced, but I do have a solution to that.

To make a Shaman figure, firstly buy the rare, but available 'Street Walker Barbie' (this has black hair and massive jugs), cut off the jugs and put them aside for later. Platt the hair into a thick ponytail, originating at the nape of the neck, giving your figure that 'Country Joe Fish' Woodstock look. Wrap plasters around the chest to fill in the hole where the jugs use to be, this also gives your figure a six pack (essential for any modern day hero). Buy some green felt and create a Shamanesque uniform, put any leftovers aside for now and there ya go, your very own Shaman figure.

For your Marrina figure.

1. Catch a frog by subduing it with martial arts.
2. Empty your frog of all internal organs (put these aside for later)
3. Bond some metal substance to the exposed frog ribs.
4. Bond metal rings to the spare jugs you had leftover from your Shaman figure.
5. Arc weld the jugs to the ribs.
6. Sew up your frog around the jugs.
7. Paint jugs and scar with green paint.
8. Using the leftover felt from your Shaman costume and fashion a bikini from it. (Dress your frog)
9. Using the cast aside intestines, cut these into half inch lengths and soak in green paint overnight.
10 Attach to green card and nail the resulting pseudo hair onto your frog.
There ya go, one Marrina figure.

As an added extra you can scrunch up all the left over offal from your frog, cover it with transperent glue, let it dry and there ya go, Marrina's mate.

Hope this helps.

Legerd
03-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Wow Del, that's amazing, but what would you suggest for the 'Scramble the Mixed-up Man as Omega' figurine?

beetleblack
03-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Thats a fair point, given that ROM only existed as a comic cos of the toy line, however, not wanting to throw a spanner into the works, but I don't recall a Shaman or Marrina figure being produced, but I do have a solution to that.

To make a Shaman figure, firstly buy the rare, but available 'Street Walker Barbie' (this has black hair and massive jugs), cut off the jugs and put them aside for later. Platt the hair into a thick ponytail, originating at the nape of the neck, giving your figure that 'Country Joe Fish' Woodstock look. Wrap plasters around the chest to fill in the hole where the jugs use to be, this also gives your figure a six pack (essential for any modern day hero). Buy some green felt and create a Shamanesque uniform, put any leftovers aside for now and there ya go, your very own Shaman figure.

For your Marrina figure.

1. Catch a frog by subduing it with martial arts.
2. Empty your frog of all internal organs (put these aside for later)
3. Bond some metal substance to the exposed frog ribs.
4. Bond metal rings to the spare jugs you had leftover from your Shaman figure.
5. Arc weld the jugs to the ribs.
6. Sew up your frog around the jugs.
7. Paint jugs and scar with green paint.
8. Using the leftover felt from your Shaman costume and fashion a bikini from it. (Dress your frog)
9. Using the cast aside intestines, cut these into half inch lengths and soak in green paint overnight.
10 Attach to green card and nail the resulting pseudo hair onto your frog.
There ya go, one Marrina figure.

As an added extra you can scrunch up all the left over offal from your frog, cover it with transperent glue, let it dry and there ya go, Marrina's mate.

Hope this helps.

What lovely tips (and no, I'm not refering to Street Walker Barbie's!) - but are you sure that Biddy Baxter would approve? Erm if you can't get hold of a frog, would a newt do????

I too have considered getting the figures but then what to do when I get them! The whole opening them or keeping them MOC (that's Mint On Card for those who don't live with a pedantic He-Man collector!) is a thorny issue. For me I wouldn'tg see much point in having the figures if I couldn't take them out the packet and pose them, keeping them MOC is only really important if you're going to resell them later on surely??? (I have to say that I just DON'T understand this whole MOC business - we have cupboards full of carded figures - WHY WHY WHY...)

Ben
03-22-2004, 11:50 AM
My AF figures live on tiop of my computer :) When I'm waiting for something to download, or some such thing, I'll pull them down and play with them :) Hey, the ARE toys after all! {northstar}

Puck
03-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Yay! New Smilie! {northstar}

DelBubs
03-22-2004, 07:01 PM
What lovely tips (and no, I'm not refering to Street Walker Barbie's!) - but are you sure that Biddy Baxter would approve? Erm if you can't get hold of a frog, would a newt do????
A newt doesn't have the same emphatic eyes, but I did once create Namorita using one.

I too have considered getting the figures but then what to do when I get them! The whole opening them or keeping them MOC (that's Mint On Card for those who don't live with a pedantic He-Man collector!) is a thorny issue. For me I wouldn'tg see much point in having the figures if I couldn't take them out the packet and pose them, keeping them MOC is only really important if you're going to resell them later on surely??? (I have to say that I just DON'T understand this whole MOC business - we have cupboards full of carded figures - WHY WHY WHY...)
Maybe one for posing and one kept as MOC. What do I know?

DelBubs
03-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Wow Del, that's amazing, but what would you suggest for the 'Scramble the Mixed-up Man as Omega' figurine? I'm working on this, but trying to get sheep offal to do anything but spread into a glutonous (I know it's not spelt right, or is it ?) mess is proving to be a problem. I'm experimenting with half a leg of lamb and superglue.

PWalk
03-26-2004, 10:41 AM
My AF figures live on tiop of my computer :) When I'm waiting for something to download, or some such thing, I'll pull them down and play with them :) Hey, the ARE toys after all! {northstar}

I have Sassy sitting on my shelf right here. When people come into my office and irritate me i throw him at them. He's survived quite alot of tosses {sas} so far. And with the sharp edges he almost sticks in tile ceilings.

beetleblack
03-26-2004, 11:14 AM

I have Sassy sitting on my shelf right here. When people come into my office and irritate me i throw him at them. He's survived quite alot of tosses {sas} so far. And with the sharp edges he almost sticks in tile ceilings.

I'm not sure I approve - I may have to contact the RSPCA or whatever the US equivalent may be! (Not sure if they cover the Great Beasts... maybe out of their jurastiction...)

syvalois
03-26-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure I approve - I may have to contact the RSPCA or whatever the US equivalent may be! (Not sure if they cover the Great Beasts... maybe out of their jurastiction...)

Maybe the SPA (société protectrice des animaux) in Canda or it got another name in english.[/quote]

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Here in the States, it's called the ASPCA.

And no, it doesn't cover the Great Beasts, only because they are sentient and can think for themselves!

PWalk
03-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Sassy's never complained. I figure due to his size as an action figure landing on some of my co-workers is similar in nature to when he landed on the back of Tundra in issue #1.

Besides he's survived 4 highjackings from my office over the last 4 years.
People in my office sneak him out and take him with them when they go on vacation. So far the figure's been to Walt Disney World, the Grand Canyon, Boston, & the Napa Valley in Northern California where he is pictured swinging from a grapevine. Ahh co-workers!

Ben
03-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh, please tell me they took pictures!

syvalois
03-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Besides he's survived 4 highjackings from my office over the last 4 years.
People in my office sneak him out and take him with them when they go on vacation. So far the figure's been to Walt Disney World, the Grand Canyon, Boston, & the Napa Valley in Northern California where he is pictured swinging from a grapevine. Ahh co-workers!

LOL, just make me think of the french movie Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain or in english Amelie. The part where the father is receiving pictures from his gnome (nain de jardin) from all around the world.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Your Walter toy kinda reminds me of that Gorn toy (Star Trek alien reference, for anyone who doesn't know) that was taken all over the country and had his picture taken damn near everywhere... what a cute idea! I'd love to see pictures of your Walter seeing the world.