look-alike, Sasquatch -- unites to tackle the menace of the Plodex. But will
Canada's newest, hippest fighting force be able to save their maple-leaf-clad
forefathers in time? Could this be -- gasp! -- the end of Puck, the Killer
Canuck?
32 PGS./MARVEL PSR ...$2.99
UPC: 5960605518-00311

Ben
02-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Wow, they are really throwing the new team agains some heavy obsticles early on!!!

varo
02-19-2004, 09:46 AM
isn't the plodex a old x-men foe?

Ben
02-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Nope, you're probably thinking of the phalanx, Plodex is the race that Marrina was birthed from. Hopefully this will spell her return...finally! :)

Ben

Phil
02-19-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm sensing the plodex being used in exactly the same way as Krakoa, the living island from GSXM #1 (who Scott sorta re-used over in Gen. X #24)....

DelBubs
02-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm liking the idea of a clearly defined story arc, 'part three of six', got a nice ring to it :-)

Marrina wakes up from her long sleep, (maybe) the last part of the classic Alpha ensemble.

Phil
02-19-2004, 04:51 PM
The plodex would certainly hint possibilites of it being possible. ;)

Ben
02-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Yes, and especially since we already know the origonal crew is involved in the Plodex battle...

Shot in the dark: Origonal Alpha goes to find Marrina, gets caught by plodex, has to be saved by new Alpha...Marrina pops up and the world is a good place again ;)

Ben

DelBubs
02-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Yes, and especially since we already know the origonal crew is involved in the Plodex battle...

Shot in the dark: Origonal Alpha goes to find Marrina, gets caught by plodex, has to be saved by new Alpha...Marrina pops up and the world is a good place again ;)

Ben
Uncanny Alpha appears on the book shelves, Marrina is captured by Rex Hunt (A recurring villian throughout the series) :twisted:

Ben
02-20-2004, 05:05 AM
I'm curious where you saw this preview Phil. Was there a pic? I'm pic hungry :)

Ben

Phil
02-20-2004, 02:25 PM
The leaked marvel text solicits.

The pics should be out end of next week.

Nick Nightingale
02-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Here is the cover:

http://membres.lycos.fr/rossignolencoche/grenier/alpha_flight/alphaflight3cover_preview.jpg

Me I like what I see!!!!!

varo
02-21-2004, 01:15 PM
:lol:

the old man is sleeping.

they must have made 'ol sasquatch mad.

DelBubs
02-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Gotta admit that all the covers so far have looked real good, but does the above cover give the impression that Sas is facing off against his new team mates?

Ben
02-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Awsome! I love it! I've already updated .net's news :lol:

Del, I think he's ready to wring their necks with frustration. Centenial is sleeping, Captain Canuck's kid looks like his just widdled in his undies. I think he's just fed up with them not knowing how to be heroes.

Ben

Nick Nightingale
02-21-2004, 01:31 PM
I think that they just make him crazy!

DelBubs
02-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Well spotted everyone, I wondered if you'd pick up on the obvious frustration of Sas :oops: Getting back to Major Mapleleaf jnr, he looks a proper mastermind :?

Just think, only eleven days to go :-)

sengsterooney
02-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Ye gods! You mean Rex Hunt has managed to escape Australia and infiltrate the Plodex? Yibbidi-yibbida!

;-)

Seng

DelBubs
02-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Ye gods! You mean Rex Hunt has managed to escape Australia and infiltrate the Plodex? Yibbidi-yibbida!

;-)

Seng

It goes without saying Seng, take a long hard look at Rex Hunt (definately a candidate for the new Cockney rhyming dictionary), he is the cliched antithesis of all that is evil in the super hero world :-0

Regret1017
02-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Meee love those covers! This will be the first Alpha Flight series I collect. I have one Alpha Flight vol. 1 #9. Just a quick q', didn't Major Mapleleaf I's son die of AIDs or something? Or was I not not misinformed?

syvalois
02-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Meee love those covers! This will be the first Alpha Flight series I collect. I have one Alpha Flight vol. 1 #9. Just a quick q', didn't Major Mapleleaf I's son die of AIDs or something? Or was I not not misinformed?

Yes the son died of Aids.

syvalois
02-28-2004, 12:43 AM

;-)

Seng

Who is rex Hunt?

Ben
02-28-2004, 12:56 AM

Glad to see the new series is attracting new fans, welcome aboard Regret1017!

Sylvie already answered your question, but I wanted to comment. In issue 106, Major Maple Leaf says his son Michael Sadler, died of aids. It was he comments about his son being gay that urged Northstar to go public about his homosexuality. However, at no point did it say in this issue that Michael was his ONLY son...

DelBubs
02-28-2004, 08:32 AM

;-)

Seng

Who is rex Hunt?

Rex Hunt is an Australian fisher, who has made a TV career from chucking string into water and pulling out aquatic lifeforms and then smacking them on the head with a stick. We get to see him over here on Discovery or Home & Leisure channel. His enthusiasm is what makes him so watchable.

To bring this back to AF, he could pull Marrina out of the water on a line with 15lb breaking point and attempt to smack her on the head, AF come and save the day.