PDA

View Full Version : What's your power?

Puck
03-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Well, some people might think this is lame, but since we have titles like Innocent Bystander, New Recruit, First Flight, Gamma Flight, Beta Flight etc. I thought it may be fun to say like "What got you in the alphas?What's your power"I have a feeling some people might say silly things but it doesn't really matter to me.
Anyways, Post!

Ben
03-04-2004, 03:22 PM
My super her o name is "The Administrator" I have the powers to edit or deltete posts! Move or split supbjects! Ban or restrict forum members!...hmmm, kinda lame super poers, but it workds well around here ;)

DelBubs
03-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I have post cognitive powers. I can see events after they have happened and then explain why they happened and how to avoid them in the future :-)

Bit like HL from the New Warriors.

sect of one
03-04-2004, 10:49 PM
My super her o name is "The Administrator" I have the powers to edit or deltete posts! Move or split supbjects! Ban or restrict forum members!...hmmm, kinda lame super poers, but it workds well around here ;)

I hope you have pledged only to use your powers for the good of mankind & never for evil; The opposite would be just too terrifying to imagine :wink:

Regret1017
03-05-2004, 04:45 AM
I am Gwyndolinus, the Telemobile wonder! I can transform into brain waves and change the mental structure of my victims!

Major Mapleleaf
03-06-2004, 05:42 PM
I have the uncanny ability to peeve my wife off with the slightest quip.

"What was that dear?"

*types very fast*

Gotta go...

PWalk
03-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Equipped with "brand new" technologies I can order a pizza from anywhere in the world and have it shipped to me within a day!

HavokThePowerful
03-20-2004, 01:18 PM
I am "The Geek, Comic Book Collecting High School Student!" i have many uncanny powers at my disposal! Such as, but certainly not limited to because I am all powerful, going unknowticed (cameflaging) in the general populace, making obscure and needless comic and mive references all the time, Undefeatable in Super Smash Brothers Meele (GO ahead try me), supporting my fellow superheros (or should I say arch nemisi) by constantly wearing their apparel, and leaping long boxes in a single bound! (well the last one only works sometimes.) :)

HappyCanuck
03-20-2004, 10:58 PM

in other words you are, what, God?? (Well, co-God, considering Phil's a mod too) what's lame about that??

Phil
03-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Nah man, I'm just like a apostle....

Legerd
03-21-2004, 01:23 AM
My power is the ability to run off at the mouth... at superspeed. With this ability I can also change the emotions of all the people within earshot, usually to annoyance.

Legerd
03-21-2004, 01:35 AM

in other words you are, what, God??

Careful, we don't want Ben going all Onslaught on us, eh?

Ben
03-21-2004, 01:49 AM
God? No, but the next best thing!

Yes, this IS me!
http://forum.alphaflight.net/spotlight/jesusben.jpg

MMWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Puck
03-21-2004, 03:36 AM
Ben Wells, Direct Decendant of Jesus

Nalyd Psycho
03-21-2004, 04:00 AM
I'm "The Pontificator" I can make villains turn tail and walk away in shame by systematically detailing why their plan is just plain stupid.

Puck
03-21-2004, 04:58 AM
LOL!Hi Nalyd!(I'm j.moonstar on Comixfan)

Nalyd Psycho
03-21-2004, 07:02 AM
LOL!Hi Nalyd!(I'm j.moonstar on Comixfan)

Hey man! I think it'd be a great direction for Alpha Flight to make fun of how silly some plotlines are.

Phil
03-21-2004, 07:44 AM
God? No, but the next best thing!

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/PhlpThomas/Jesus.jpg

:?:

beetleblack
03-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Ben, Phil - I just hope that Mel Gibson isn't monitoring this board!!!

:lol:

Btw, is Jesus the ultimate Trick or Treat outfit to wear? Who would refuse to give the Son of God candy??? And think of tricks you might be able to perform if refused - plague of frogs anyone?

Ben
03-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Why do you think I was dressed like that ;) It was actually for work, haolloween contest.

Ben, Phil - I just hope that Mel Gibson isn't monitoring this board!!!

:lol:

Btw, is Jesus the ultimate Trick or Treat outfit to wear? Who would refuse to give the Son of God candy??? And think of tricks you might be able to perform if refused - plague of frogs anyone?

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 06:38 PM
My power? To look at Major Mapleleaf and not only take him 100% seriously as a character (kinda like listening to Christopher Walken ***** about how he wants to be taken seriously as an actor), but to lust after him relentlessly.

Oh, and I have the power to take a conversation about politics and turn it into a conversation about how great Emma Frost's breasts are, and not miss a beat. Do those count?

beetleblack
04-01-2004, 07:45 PM
The fact that you can lust over Maj Mapleleaf one moment and then in the next breath be pondering the perkiness of Mistress Frost's bosoms is an extraordinary power in itself!!!

HappyCanuck
04-01-2004, 07:47 PM
The fact that you can lust over Maj Mapleleaf one moment and then in the next breath be pondering the perkiness of Mistress Frost's bosoms is an extraordinary power in itself!!!

... and I thought I was confused in that department...

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Well, as a gay man, I'm in love with Map'leaf, and merely fascinated, in a scientific sort of way, with Emma's breasts. :D

HappyCanuck
04-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, as a gay man, I'm in love with Map'leaf, and merely fascinated, in a scientific sort of way, with Emma's breasts. :D

Well, as a fellow gay man, I can agree with you... well, not in your choice of men, but that's not the point. Personally, I have NO idea what straight guys find so damned 'provocitive' with women's breasts...

Nalyd Psycho
04-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Well, as a fellow gay man, I can agree with you... well, not in your choice of men, but that's not the point. Personally, I have NO idea what straight guys find so damned 'provocitive' with women's breasts...

I love women's breasts and even I can't explain it...

But I can safely say that Miss Frost has great breasts.

beetleblack
04-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Maybe men just like women's breasts because it's something that they don't have?

Emma's breasts seem very popular - maybe they should get a comic of their own???

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Well, as a fellow gay man, I can agree with you... well, not in your choice of men, but that's not the point.

Hey, Map'leaf's a cutie! So is Earthmover... and Guardian. :)

beetleblack
04-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Well, as a fellow gay man, I can agree with you... well, not in your choice of men, but that's not the point.

Hey, Map'leaf's a cutie! So is Earthmover... and Guardian. :)

...and Northstar and Walter and Puck (well, I thought he was cute anyway) and and and...

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm not so much into Northstar (not my type), but Walter's pretty cute, too. :)

beetleblack
04-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I think with Northstar it's the whole package *ahem* so to speak. The looks, the attitude, the accent and the fact that he is actually GAY!

sect of one
04-18-2004, 07:39 AM
Not that I mind the detour into discussion of breasts and gay-postive role models, but back to the subject originally at hand ...

I can make this chicken (http://www.subservientchicken.com/) do my bidding!! Moonwalk; watch TV; turn off the lights; My wish is this chicken's command!!

My mental powers are obviously on the same level as Professor Xavier, except that seek to use them only for my own sick pleasures and other evil purposes - muahahaha :twisted:

gorejeja
04-18-2004, 08:24 PM
I have the uncanny ability to MANAGE MUSEUM COLLECTIONS. And hem pants.

SwiftFox
05-01-2004, 01:03 AM
I have the amazing ability to negotiate and bind insurance at rates LOWER than the underwiter's want to give.

And I'll tell you... I bet AF could certainly use that....

Puck
05-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Now that's a great power ye have there Swiftfox!

ladymako71
05-13-2004, 01:37 AM
oh I saw this and couldn't resist.

I have the amazing ability to download research data for scientist bloke I work for AND play online! at the same time! oh and to fit my whole fist in my mouth...great party trick that one. ^^

SwiftFox
05-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Now that's a great power ye have there Swiftfox!

Thanks! You'd be amazed how often it comes up.... (and if anyone is interested .... the insurance market is softening ... nor more HUGE increases. \:D/ )

SwiftFox
05-13-2004, 08:59 AM
oh and to fit my whole fist in my mouth...great party trick that one. ^^

:shock: .... :!: .... :-k ......... :D

ladymako71
05-14-2004, 03:39 PM
:shock: .... :!: .... :-k ......... :D

LOL That's the usual reaction I get when people see me do it...then the bloke's brains start migrating south and I have to get it through to them that it only works with me fist. ;)

SwiftFox
05-14-2004, 07:41 PM
then the bloke's brains start migrating south

Hence the smile :wink:

and I have to get it through to them that it only works with me fist. ;)

I dunno.... you haven't convinced me yet... unles you have a tiny little fist :P [/quote]

ladymako71
05-15-2004, 12:34 AM
I dunno.... you haven't convinced me yet... unles you have a tiny little fist :P

I have long thin hands and the fist isn't very impressive. and if that don't work I usually just stand up and look em in the eye...of course I'm usually looking down to meet em in the eye. ;)

SwiftFox
05-15-2004, 01:55 AM
I usually just stand up and look em in the eye...of course I'm usually looking down to meet em in the eye. ;)

Hell with me you wouldn't even need to stand to look down and meet me in the eye...