PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Flight - The Movie!

beetleblack
03-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Okay, I know that this has probably been discussed over and over again and I know the chances of them every doing a movie of our favourite Canadian superhero team is like nil - but I thought it might be fun to discuss casting anyway.

After recently seeing Cate Blanchet in 'The Missing' I thought she'd be great for the part of Heather! I know she's actually Australian but she can do different accents AND act (which are both pluses!).

Does anyone else have any other casting ideas for the fearless leader of AF? Or for casting of our other heros and heroines?

Ben
03-09-2004, 11:10 AM
how about:

Johnny Depp
http://forum.alphaflight.net/spotlight/walt_depp2.jpg

as Walter Langkowski
http://forum.alphaflight.net/spotlight/walt_depp1.jpg

PWalk
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I've always thought they could do a movie based solely on Issue #1 of volume 1. The story has everything a film needs complete with an ending that makes ya want to come back for more.

As for casting?

How about Vince Vaughn as Mac?

Kate Hudson as Snowbird

Chavez
03-11-2004, 12:40 AM
I've always thought:

Bill Paxton as Walter

Cate Blanchett always struck me as more of a Snowbird than a Heather

Though he's getting a bit old, Russell Means would have been perfect for Shaman back in the day; as it is, Adam Beach could probably fit in the role.

Mac is a tough one; Vince Vaughn is too slick for the part, much as I love VV. I can see Josh Hartnett in this role, though, again, he's a bit young.

beetleblack
03-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Ah, Cate Blanchet as Snowbird - yes, I can definitely see that. I wonder how they would do the eyes??? I think she would have the screen presence to portray a half Goddess... (after Galadriel of course).

I like the idea of Johnny Depp as Walter, although he isn't blonde. I'm imagining CGI for the actual beast... which I hate the idea of, but I guess there is no other solution. Maybe Depp could play Walter as a genius-eccentric?

What about Ben Affleck as Mac/Guardian?

I can't think of any red heads for Heather (or should that be strawberry blonde?)

I thought about Michael Horse for Shaman? (Deputy Tommy 'Hawk' Hill from Twin Peaks)

Chavez
03-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Ah, Cate Blanchet as Snowbird - yes, I can definitely see that. I wonder how they would do the eyes??? For Mystique in X2, they CGIed in the eyes as opposed to using the painful contacts.

As far as my casting choices, I guess I tend to think about how to REALLY get the film made - so I tend to go with less-known (and therefore, less expensive) actors. Just a habit, I guess. Though Affleck would work well as Mac.

Ahab
03-16-2004, 10:06 PM
[quote=beetleblack]Though Affleck would work well as Mac.

Hehe. Especially if they kill Mac off in the movie. Ben Affleck's acting just bugs me. :D

beetleblack
03-17-2004, 06:01 AM
Now that's something I thought I'd never see - the word acting and Ben Affleck in the same sentence!!!! I think Affleck would be great as the cold mechanical Mac... as long as this means we don't have to endure Jennifer Lopez as Heather!!!!!

DelBubs
03-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Jennifer Lopez can be Murmur and her arse can be Pink Pearl.

beetleblack
03-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Well, let's hope that her arse has more talent than she does... oh dear, what am I saying now - we KNOW that's where the talent is!!!! :?

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 06:48 PM
As long as we're talking about lesser-known actors/actresses to play in an Alpha Flight movie... what do you guys think of Lisa Wilcox playing Heather? She played the role of Alice in Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and 5, and if you have seen them, you can see that she is PERFECT for Heather. Besides physically resembling Heather, she did a great job of going from a frumpy-but-still-sexy girl to this kicker-of-Freddy-ass. I personally think she'd play Heather wonderfully. Or at least she would've back when those movies were made.

Nalyd Psycho
04-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I could see Barry Pepper (The Green Mile, We Were Soldiers.) As a good Mac. He could do a good job of the team leader who never wanted to be team leader. And as a bonus, he's Canadian.

suzene
04-04-2004, 05:30 AM
I'd say Olivier Martinez (http://www.theplacecal.com/magimg/wallpapers/olivier_martinez2.jpg)for the role of Northstar.

How about Micheal Horse (http://www.czech-tv.cz/specialy/twinpeaks/foto/twin_peaks_15.jpg)as Shaman? The picture's a bit dated, I'm afraid.

Suzene

beetleblack
04-04-2004, 06:46 AM
I fear you may have a fight on your hands for Olivier Martinez to play Northstar, as many X-Men fans want him to fill Gambit's shoes in future movies.

I think he would be great as Northstar, what about Juliette Binoche for Aurora?

suzene
04-04-2004, 07:41 AM
I fear you may have a fight on your hands for Olivier Martinez to play Northstar, as many X-Men fans want him to fill Gambit's shoes in future movies.

Excuse me while I go be quietly sick in the corner. I suppose it's just that I grew up in Southern Lousiana, but I want Gambit to die. A lot.

I think he would be great as Northstar, what about Juliette Binoche for Aurora?

Works for me.

Suzene

syvalois
04-04-2004, 01:23 PM
For Northstar and Aurora, I could have found more, but I got bored. If the picture don't show just copy paste and you will see the picture. They are all actors from Québec

https://www.uniondesartistes.com/RED/upload/737070/737070_1.jpg

Charles Lafortune

https://www.uniondesartistes.com/RED/upload/263303/263303_1.jpg

Catherine Archambault

https://www.uniondesartistes.com/RED/upload/896977/896977_1.jpg

Stéphane Archambault

https://www.uniondesartistes.com/RED/upload/768685/768685_1.gif
Véronique Bannon

https://www.uniondesartistes.com/RED/upload/167703/167703_1.jpg

Pascal Auclair

Ben
04-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I gave your post a quick edit, since the pics are on a secure server (using https) we can't have the forum embed them. So I just made them into links :) Hope you don't mind.

Ben

For Northstar and Aurora, I could have found more, but I got bored. If the picture don't show just copy paste and you will see the picture. They are all actors from Québec

Chavez
04-04-2004, 04:01 PM
I would like to suggest Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassell as Aurora and Northstar. They aren't French Canadian, but I think Anna Paquin and Hugh Jackman prove that decent enough actors don't need to be from the same place as their characters.

I like the thought of Virginia Madsen as Heather, but she may be getting a bit too old for the role.

syvalois
04-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Ben , I don't mind at all. It can be ok for Monica Bellucci even if she's got a little accent in french but not Vincent Cassel, I don't think he looks the part, if it got to be a french actor, I think Mathieu Kasovitch would be better.

Puck
04-05-2004, 03:30 AM
I would like to suggest Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassell as Aurora and Northstar. They aren't French Canadian, but I think Anna Paquin and Hugh Jackman prove that decent enough actors don't need to be from the same place as their characters.

I like the thought of Virginia Madsen as Heather, but she may be getting a bit too old for the role.
Go Anna!Go Anna!Go Anna!
We went to the same primary :D

Prince
04-20-2004, 01:22 AM
The only person I've ever cast in my head for an Alpha Flight movie was Aaron Eckhart for Walt. He's from The Core, Possession and Paycheck. He's got the charming scientist type down I think. And he's fit enough to have still been a football player I think.

beetleblack
04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Walter in his lab:

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/images/032703/hapscore.jpg

Prince
04-21-2004, 02:29 AM
Exactly! Been thinking of using him, and that exact picture for an RP chatroom.

suzene
04-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Aha! Anthony Simcoe should be Walter! Hell, he could probably play Sasquatch himself -- he's used to the Dargo make-up and all...

What? Yes, all right. I'll got to bed in a minute...

Suzene

beetleblack
04-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Okay, while we're on the subject of FarScape actors, what about Virginia Hey (Zahn) for Snowbird??? She has a great presence is a terrific actress not to mention extremely beautiful, I also think she could pull off the whole mystical element of the character rather well. Oh and she's also blonde and used to strange contact lenses which might help!!!

http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/9/6/37-1714.jpg

HappyCanuck
04-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Um, the link says I'm 'forbidden' to access the image...

Richv1
04-25-2004, 03:40 PM
How about Harrison Ford as Mac (Guardian). The girl that plays Mystique in the X-Men movies as Heather (Vindictor).

Le Messor
07-31-2004, 09:35 PM
This is ancient, I know, but I just found it...

Okay, I've always thought of Ed Harris as Mac.
Seng Mah did a really good photomanipulation of Gillian Anderson as Heather, which works. Lisa Wilcox was way too young in the Nightmare movies, but may be the right age now. (Gillian Anderson is prob'ly too old.)
Ron Pearlman as Sas, perhaps? (The beast, not the man.)

Casting by hair colour seems limiting to me - it's the easiest thing to fix. Dye? Wigs?
That pic convinced me of Depp as Walt.
Wait, Johnny Depp? Lisa Wilcox? How 'bout Roseanne as Pink Pearl, Patricia Arquette as Aurora, Laurence Fishburne as Windshear, Alice Cooper as Llan the Sorcerer, Heather Langenkamp as DreamQueen (oh, the irony), Robert Englund as Smart Alec, John Saxon as Mac... :?

- Le Messor
"On the Farpoint Mission, you told a joke. Very funny!"
"Data, the Farpoint mission was seven years ago."
"I know. I just got it."
- Star Trek: Generations

Richv1
08-01-2004, 07:57 AM
Scott Bakula might make a good Mac(Guardian), Jessica Alba could be Nemesis.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-02-2004, 11:37 AM
I like Ed Harris, but he's too... bald, LOL. But he has the Mac persona down to a T. I'd LOVE to see it, now that I think about it.

Heather Langenkamp as the Dreamqueen? That's not even funny. I'd run screaming from the theatre, LOL.

SwiftFox
08-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Not to be a dink... but I don't think it really matters what colour an actors hair is or if they have any... it's not like years and years and years ago when they couldn't do a good natural job on hair... but nowadays...

Richv1
08-02-2004, 03:33 PM
How about Sarah Michelle Geller as Puck.
David Boreanaz could make a great Weapon X (Wildchild).
Kristen Kruek she could Snowbird.
Dean Cain as Radus.

Ben
08-02-2004, 04:01 PM
How about Sarah Michelle Geller as Puck.
David Boreanaz could make a great Weapon X (Wildchild).
Kristen Kruek she could Snowbird.
Dean Cain as Radus.

I like the idea of using Sarah Michelle Geller *ahem* but not as Puck. Zuzha is half asian, and SMG doesn't have that quality about her...though I must admit I do quite like the qualities she has....:oops:

Ben

PWalk
08-02-2004, 05:22 PM
How about Lauren Holly as Heather? She's got the red hair, the sexy smart looks and the right build.
Here's a pic:
http://melodyd.free.fr/Photos%20Stars/Lauren%20Holly.jpg

beetleblack
08-03-2004, 06:25 AM
How about Lauren Holly as Heather? She's got the red hair, the sexy smart looks and the right build.
Here's a pic:
http://melodyd.free.fr/Photos%20Stars/Lauren%20Holly.jpg

Yeah, I could see Lauren Holly as Heather... either her or UK performer Bonnie Langford would be good... *ahem* (sorry for those none-UKers - it's a joke that will be sadly lost on you as she's only known over here... I think!)

With regards to the whole casting-actors-for-the-right-hair-colour issue, I know that a lot of people are very worried about the casting for Susan Storm-Richards in the upcoming Fantastic 4 movie. Truth is I suppose we won't know what Jessica Alba will be like in the role until we actually see her in it. She is certainly a beautiful actress but I just can't picture her with blonde hair!

Sir John A.
08-05-2004, 04:35 AM
I think Will Smith would make a good Mac! :P

PS:Afleck is da bomb yo!

kozzi24
08-05-2004, 07:55 PM
I think Will Smith would make a good Mac!
He has the right hair color

Sir John A.
08-05-2004, 09:26 PM
If Hollywood were to make an AF movie then Will Smith would be taken as a serious suggestion. :lol:

I actually think Paul Gross (Due South, Men With Brooms) would make a good Mac.

Nalyd Psycho
08-06-2004, 07:40 AM
I see Paul Gross as a more obvious Major Mapleleaf, but I'm thinking a movie wouldn't use him. Probably centre around the Great Beasts storyline. So he'd work as Mac.

Barnacle13
08-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Excuse me while I go be quietly sick in the corner. I suppose it's just that I grew up in Southern Lousiana, but I want Gambit to die. A lot.

Well, living in Southern Louisiana now, and I can second the Gambit offing! Maybe he could get his boot stuck over der and a train could hit him or something, Chere!

Would the world not accept a southerner without a drawl? Poor, poor Rogue and Gambit. Guess you'll have to stay after class and wok on your diction with Puck, eh?

crozack
08-12-2004, 02:46 AM
LOL

This is too easy. I did this very same exercise for the Unstable Molecules fanfic site, back when I wrote Alpha Flight for them all those years ago. Remedy knows what I'm talking about :D

Anyway, I picked all big name stars, of course, so the movie would never be made. Now, though, I'm going to treat this fairly. I'm going to think of how real casting would be done. I'm not going to have all-stars, but rather a believable and affordable cast.

Here we go: (if you don't recognize an actor/actress, I recommend looking them up on www.imdb.com )

Guardian- George Clooney- there needs to be a strong, male lead in any movie. Clooney's shown he can pull it off. Plus, he's got experience playing a superhero, albeit in a bad movie.

Vindicator/Heather Hudson- Gillian Anderson- she's just perfect for the part. She's shown she can create a strong female lead that people care about. Plus, since most of the other women roles on this movie are going to go to young women, I wanted to get a woman who is more mature, yet still damn sexy.

Puck- Bruce Campbell- Campbell has shown he can be one of the most versatile actors in the industry today. He's had experience working with CGI, as that would be what makes him a midget, and he could even pull off wearing a bald cap and a moustache

Sasquatch- Neil McDonough- McDonough has been a slew of bad films and the spectacular cancelled television series 'Boomtown'. In each he shows incredible acting ability, moreso than more of his cast members. He's a great, little-known actor that would portray Walter Langkowski in the best way.

Northstar- Orlando Bloom- Bloom, even though his small role in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy was not worth the acclaim it got, has shown to be an exceptional actor in his post-Rings career. Also, he's been careful to pick quite diverse roles that deviate from the standard 'heartthrob' roles that one would expect him to be typecast in. Troy and Pirates Of The Carribean are great examples of this (though Troy blew hard). He could pull off the cocky, yet tortured Jean-Paul Beaubier quite fine. (Okay, and I want to hear the disappointed sighs of the girls in the theatre when it's revealed he's gay. I know, I'm awful)

Aurora- Gigi Edgley- in a way, this is the most difficult role of the entire movie. You must not only portray a schizo, you must portray a schizo whose personalities are so warped and different from one another. So, we need a young actress to balance Bloom and one who is exceptional at acting. Have you ever seen Farscape on the Sci-Fi Channel? Gigi plays Chianna, who is so much like Aurora, it's scary. She's perfect, she'd just need a black wig and a fake French accent. If you've seen Farscape, you know that'd be no problem for her.

Shaman- Wes Studi- yeah, there isn't much in the way of Native American, fifty-something actors, but if there's one whose name you should know, it's Wes Studi's. For those who don't know him, his largest role was probably in Dances With Wolves. He also played 'The Sphinx' in 'Mystery Men'. And, if you like awful movies, he played 'Sagat' in the 1994 movie version of 'Street Fighter'.

Snowbird- Laura Allen- most recently seen in the television move 'The 4400', Allen is young, blonde, gorgeous and a great actress. All of which make her perfect to play the coldhearted goddess of Alpha Flight's ranks.

Marrina- Jennifer Love Hewitt WHOA~! Okay, I can hear the wails now, but stay with me. Look, Marrina needs to be young, but not too young. Hewitt is reaching that point now where she isn't gonna be able to be a teen character anymore. Plus, we need someone who'll look great in a bathing suit. Hewitt wouldn't have any problem. Now, you might bemoan that Hewitt is not a great actress. Wrong. Yes, she's played basically the same character in each of her movies. But have you ever seen The Audrey Hepburn Story? Yes, my friends, she finally proved to me that she has acting ability by portraying the most beautiful actress ever to the point where at times I thought she really was Hepburn. Plus, she'll be in make-up and CGI for most of the movie, so people might not even know its her! Plus, she'd look sexy with short hair and you know it!

The Master- Lani John Tupu- okay, okay. Yes, yet another cast member from Farscape. But this guy just rocks so hardcore. I mean, really, if you're not down with Farscape, you don't know what you're missing. This guy plays a wonderful insane villian on that show and he'd definitely turn it up a notch in this movie.

Other cast members...just in case we get a sequel

Radius- Heath Ledger- now, now, girls, calm down. I chose Heath because he's the closest example of a pure pretty boy that I could think of. But, he's shown he's got the acting ability to go along with it. I'd love to see him in a role that would force him to be a jerk, as most of his roles so far have been cookie-cutter.

Flex- Keiran Culkin- yes, that's right. Maculay's little brother. Hey, he's young, wussy-looking, and, of course, got the acting ability his brother doesn't have. He could be Heath's half-brother and I'm sure they'd have great chemistry on screen.

Madison Jeffries/Box- Scott Bakula- yeah, Scott's pushing it, age-wise, but I feel he needs to be up there with Heather and Mac in that category. Bakula has experience in sci-fi roles and this one should be no sweat for him.

Diamond Lil- Lucy Lawless- oh yeah. Come on. How could you see anyone else playing the rock-hard ass kicker Diamond Lil? This is almost too perfect.

Murmur- Audrey Tautou- Ever seen Amelie? It's easily one of the best films I've ever seen (though it is French, so that knocks it down a few pegs). Audrey played the lead role in that movie and was damn fine. She doesn't have the drop dead gorgeous looks of Murmur as Scott Clark drew her, but she does fit the illustrations done later by Chris Bachalo and Duncan Rouleau.

Talisman- Irene Bedard- young enough to be Wes Studi's daughter, and a fine actress at that (if you've seen the coming-of-age Native American-centric film Smoke Signals, you know what I mean), Irene should easily pull off this role.

Earthmover- Adam Beach- yeah, okay, his character is pointless since Talisman should be Shaman's apprentice, but whatever. That's Chuck Austen for you. I hope Lobdell gives this character some needed exposure or at least a quick death. But, if he does make it into the movie, Adam Beach would do it damn well, as he proved in the aforementioned Smoke Signals.

Wildchild- Adam Copeland- whew, if you only knew who this guy was, then you would howl at me for suggesting him. But, let's face it. Wildchild doesn't necessarily need a good actor to make his role. Wildchild is primarily a primal character in all of his portrayals, so why not get an actor who makes a living out making facial expressions and being violent, like Copeland does?

You know, I would keep going with who I would cast for the new Alpha Flight movies, but this post is already too long. I'll think about it and then come back with my picks.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-12-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree with all of those castings, crozack, with the singular exception of Laura Allen. I had the extreme displeasure of being cursed watching her character on 'All My Children', and the girl just doesn't have the versatility to play a character as singularly, inhumanly detached as Narya. She just doesn't have the bearing.

Being the big Farscape fan that you are, have you considered Virginia Hey portraying Snowbird? She's a very regal, statuesque woman, and she retains that bearing even in a casual setting (I had the pleasure of meeting her about a year ago.). She even has the face, and I think that's important, to capture her elegance in totality.

But as for the rest, I think you're pretty much dead-on. :D

crozack
08-13-2004, 05:52 AM
I agree with all of those castings, crozack, with the singular exception of Laura Allen. I had the extreme displeasure of being cursed watching her character on 'All My Children', and the girl just doesn't have the versatility to play a character as singularly, inhumanly detached as Narya. She just doesn't have the bearing.

Being the big Farscape fan that you are, have you considered Virginia Hey portraying Snowbird? She's a very regal, statuesque woman, and she retains that bearing even in a casual setting (I had the pleasure of meeting her about a year ago.). She even has the face, and I think that's important, to capture her elegance in totality.

But as for the rest, I think you're pretty much dead-on. :D

You know, you could be right about Allen. Her character in The 4400 does remind me of a soap opera character, so there might not be much depth in her.

Virginia Hey as Snowbird? Well, I was going for possibly a younger actress to play up the aspect that she's so detatched, smart, regal and yet still so young. And I may be retreating into fanboyishness if I suggest anymore Farscape cast members LOL But, it could work. Zhaan the character is so much like Snowbird it's eerie. And you say she fits the bill even without make-up, so hell, I'd go with it.

I was thisclose to casting Ben Browder as Madison Jeffries, you have no idea.

Le Messor
08-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Guardian- George Clooney-

I think I've made my views clear.
While I can see this one, I still can't go past Ed Harris - who has mos tof the advantages you've mentioned, and none of that crippling, let's slay him before he touches another superhero movie disadvantage.

Wildchild- Adam Copeland- Wildchild is primarily a primal character in all of his portrayals,

How many of them have you read?
He's on the list of really, really mucked around characters, who's completely different every time he's written. Sure, he's nasty, and he's cloned Wolvie's powers (among others), but he's had his eloquent phase, his James Bond phase, his primal phase, his Nosferatu phase...

- Le Messor
"Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-16-2004, 10:59 AM
While I respect Ed Harris (hell, The Abyss is one of my all-time FAVORITE movies), I don't think he has the ability to portray Mac's many layers. I just don't. George Clooney would be excellent in the role of devoted husband to Heather, leader to Alpha Flight despite his intentions, and he could even portray Mac's shadier side. I don't see Ed Harris doing the latter very well. He's too... personable, lol. But I could be wrong.

kozzi24
08-16-2004, 01:43 PM
I always thought Mac's shadier side was innuendo while he was dead. His acceptance of the psychotics on the team could be a value judgement, but what in his "live" characterization did you find shady? I always thought Byrne tried to create a guy as upright as Cap America to be Canada's icon.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-16-2004, 02:31 PM
His manipulation of Logan, for one. In fact, the issue escapes me, but it was heavily implied around the time that Heather first donned the Guardian suit that Mac had some major agendas. I know it was established that this was just paranoia on Heather's part, but most of it seemed to have substance to me. I don't have the issue handy at the moment, but I'll dig it up and see what I can find.

And it may not even really be Mac's fault per se that he has this shady side. Much like Emma Frost, who wasn't "bad" so much as experiencing a subtle, gradual erosion of ethics as she went through life. Perhaps the very nature of Mac's work with the government, with the Weapon X project, etc. made him more inclined to make/take morally unproper choices/actions.

Again, I could be wrong, but I do tend to see the flip side of the coin: a man who, by circumstance, has done some things that someone like Heather might not have done. Part of the reason why I'm such a big fan of the Mac/Heather dynamic.

kozzi24
08-16-2004, 05:55 PM
That Heather in the suit/Deathstrike bit with Logan was what I figured you were referred to. I don't remember it being followed up on conclusively, but Mac's name hasn't so much as been mention in Weapon X, even with arcs like battle of the programs. I think it was #33.

With lack of concrete follow-up, I had personally written it off as Mantlo's disdain for the original team.

flip side of the coin: a man who, by circumstance, has done some things that someone like Heather might not have done.

Flip that coin one more time. I prefer Heather over Mac, but Mac would not have killed Snowbird.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-17-2004, 10:33 AM
That's very true, actually. I never considered the question of what Mac would have done in Heather's place during the whole Pestilence fiasco. Could there have been another way to handle it? Mac would've tried. It was a judgment call to be certain, but Mac definitely would've tried something else.

Le Messor
05-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Don't get excited guys, this is clearly just a place-holder, but I thought I should bring it up.
There's an Alpha Flight (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6805884/?ref_=nv_sr_1) page on IMDb.

~ Le Messor
"He who never made a mistake never made a discovery."
~ Samuel Smiles

Phil
05-29-2018, 07:03 PM
I’d imagine that that’s been created by an overzealous user...

brer rabbit
05-31-2018, 05:27 PM
Here are my choices for casting if an Alpha Flight movie ever gets made:
Bonnie Wright as Heather Hudson AKA Vindicator (Leader Of Alpha Flight)Matt Smith as Madison Jeffries AKA Box (Second In Command)

Gwyneth Paltrow as... Wanda Langkowski/Walter Langkowski aka Sasquatch. (The Scientist of Alpha Flight)

Nina Dobrev as Jeanne-Marie Beaubier AKA Aurora (watch the Vampire Diaries to see why she's prefect for the role)a Front-line fighter and psychiatric counseling for incarcerated prisoners. (she's in her Messiah Personality)

Kawennáhere Devery Jacobs as Elizabeth Twoyoungmen AKA Talisman (The Mystic of the Team and Trainee)

Nikki Hahn as Kara Killgrave AKA The Purple Girl (a trainee who is THE 80'S fashion wearing, Otaku loving, the Slapstick Knows No Gender (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlapstickKnowsNoGender) sufferer, and... the Heart of the team)

Uriah Shelton as Dr.Whitman Knapp AKA Manikin (The Doctor of Alpha Flight)

Marsai Martin as Laura Dean AKA Pathway and also will be playing Laura twin sister Goblyn Dean(trainees and the wild cards of the team)

Le Messor
06-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Phil - yes, I'd agree with that.

Brer Rabbit -
Interesting; most people stick around the Byrne era. I'm impressed you've moved beyond that.

~ Le Messor
"Age becomes bothersome only when you stop to coddle it."
~ W.G.P.

Alphan East
09-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Alpha Flight: The Movie, starring an all-Canadian cast.
Opens with Mac watching an old film reel of the Flight (Guardian, Vindicator, Puck, Shaman, & Sasquatch) in action. The team has since been disbanded with Mac and Heather put in charge of Department H. Heather officially retires and gives birth to Claire, but Mac cannot let go of the hero life. Now, Department H is being shut down by government cost cutting. Unexpectedly, Shaman and Talisman arrive to inform Mac that Snowbird, an Inuit goddess, has warned of a mystical group called The Great Beasts and Alpha Flight must be reborn to battle this new threat. The call goes out, but with Shaman's power waning, Puck off on a personal mission to the U.S., and Heather having no interest in putting the suit back on, Sasquatch is charged with creating a new team from the old Beta and Gamma Flight trainees.
He tracks down various members but only Northstar, Aurora, Marrina, and Windshear answer the call to join. They race off to the north to find the first Beast... Tundra.

Can it be done... absolutely. Is it realistic to believe Disney would pull the trigger... no.
... but a man can dream. :)

Gary
09-16-2018, 11:58 PM
Tremendous response to this idea. Enough to interest I would say to call for a movie..;0

Caliber
09-17-2018, 05:08 PM
I've actually mapped out an Alpha Flight script for another website, but my laziness has kept me from finishing off the script. I've written like 25% of it and then keep revising the outline over and over. The plot involves US Agent being set up as a traitor and having to flee to Canada, where he winds up helping Alpha Flight to find the kidnapped Roger Bochs, which is tied to the conspiracy US Agent was working on. It involves Omega Flight. It's complicated.

I had the same idea though - all Canadian cast (except for the American characters). My current actor wish list:

Guardian: Nathan Fillion
Heather: Sarah Polley
Shaman: Adam Beach
Snowbird: Ashley Callingbull
Sasquatch: Kevin Durand
Northstar: Xavier Dolan
Aurora: Mylene Mackay

Jerry Jaxson: Matt Frewer
Delphine Courtney: Cobie Smulders
Smart Alec: Colm Feore
Roger Bochs: Kristian Bruun
Elizabeth Twoyoungmen: Jessica Matten
Gary Cody: Rick Moranis

No clue who would play US Agent. These all change pretty regularly anyhow. Is there anyone on this board who hasn't outlined an Alpha Flight movie?

Le Messor
09-18-2018, 06:32 AM
No clue who would play US Agent. These all change pretty regularly anyhow. Is there anyone on this board who hasn't outlined an Alpha Flight movie?

If outlining it in your head counts, then I have.

Caliber
09-18-2018, 04:27 PM
It totally counts. Also, would outlining in your head be HEADLINING? #DeepThoughts

Le Messor
09-18-2018, 04:32 PM
I've always wanted to make headlines!

Alphan East
09-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Buy a corduroy pillow. :D

Garry/Al-Fan
09-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a movie I'd like to go see.

Le Messor
09-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Alphan East, considering the noise, I'd never sleep again!

WesleyRMB
09-25-2018, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone,

A while back I decided to go exploring in the Wayback Machine and I found an old webpage I made back in the 1999 to cast an Alpha Flight movie. Since this thread popped back to life I thought I would share. It's almost 20 years old now, so there are some very interesting (and dated) choices but some of them were quite good in my opinion. I still think that Gary Sinise as Madison Jeffries was genius!

Hopefully this link works for others:

https://web.archive.org/web/20091023123050/http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Mansion/4780

Wesley

Le Messor
09-26-2018, 04:45 PM
Hi Wes, welcome back!

Gillian Anderson as Heather? Hah! I've just been watching the newest series of X-Files, so that's very topical for me at the mo'.
And your pick for Shaman is probably the right age now! :)

~ Le Messor
"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."
~ Elbert Hubbard

Gary
09-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Sasquatch must be represented as a man. oh gad please do not suggest that Gwenyth Paltrow play Sasquatch. You have already ruined the movie that has not been made with that suggestion. Sorry but that ruined my day. lol

brer rabbit
09-28-2018, 11:10 AM
Sasquatch must be represented as a man. oh gad please do not suggest that Gwenyth Paltrow play Sasquatch. You have already ruined the movie that has not been made with that suggestion. Sorry but that ruined my day. lolCan you not imagime the comedian potential by having Gwenyth Paltrow acting as a man who has been gender swap? that's perfect for the MCU brand of comedy, plus you can to some interesting routes with a Walter that's now effetively Trans.

Le Messor
09-28-2018, 04:34 PM
It does have precedent within the comic.

Tawmis
10-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Yeah but that whole, I am a man, in a woman's body, trying to prove I am a man, was _not_ done well in the comics.

I don't think it'd translate well in the movies.

At the very least not to begin with that.