PDA

View Full Version : x-men help...

varo
03-20-2004, 09:58 PM
alright i see that there will be 4 x-men a month.

atonishing
uncanny
x-men
excalibur

anyone have any clue who will be in what book.

makes me laugh that wolverine will probally be in every one of them.

i still think wolverine should be in alpha flight for a while.

Phil
03-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Astonishing:

Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Beast, Kitty Pryde.

Uncanny:

Wolverine, Bishop, Sage, Storm, Nightcrawler, Cannoball, Magma(possibly)

X-Men:

Wolverine (ooh, there's a suprise), Iceman, Havok, Polaris, Juggernaut, Rogue, Gambit.

Excalibur:

Professor X, Angel, Rachel Summer, rest tbc

DelBubs
03-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Any idea whats gonna be happening with Northstar ?

Phil
03-20-2004, 10:17 PM
No clue as of yet man.

Ben
03-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Northstar seems pretty disposable now...could easly be "given back" he's an instructor at X-Mansion now isn't he?

beetleblack
03-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Who's Sage? And what is there special ability (please just tell me it has nothing to do with onions or stuffing the cavities of dead birds...)

I'm really stoked about the idea of Rachel Summers coming back - this is the only real reason that I'll be picking up Excalibur. I just think it's a shame that it won't be set in the UK like the previous incarnation was - we need a group of superheros in this country!!!

How does Wolverine find the time to be with three different teams???

And does this mean that Northstar is leaving Uncanny X-Men or did you not just mention because - from what I understand - he's done bugger all since his first few issues????

Phil
03-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Who's Sage? And what is there special ability (please just tell me it has nothing to do with onions or stuffing the cavities of dead birds...)

The Hellfire Club memmber formerly known as Tessa.
She's the human(/mutant) equivalent of a supercomputer.
Bio (http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/showthread.php?s=c9317af56da1e84f6a132b7ddb89a455&threadid=7254)

And does this mean that Northstar is leaving Uncanny X-Men or did you not just mention because - from what I understand - he's done bugger all since his first few issues????

We won't know till May...

HavokThePowerful
03-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Northstar could be come a mentor in new x-men acadmey x(new mutants) but its unlikey since the one kid dropped him for emma frost.

beetleblack
03-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Well, the covers for June's X-titles are up at Uncanny X-Men Net and from the looks of it Northstar is nowhere to be seen! Maybe he just didn't make it onto the cover (although the covers do seem to depict the team line up)? Or maybe he's on his way back to Canada... okay, sorry wishful thinking.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/current/showquestion.asp?faq=6&fldAuto=11

HavokThePowerful
03-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Who is the red head on the uncanny cover? Is that Rachel cause I thought she was going to excalibur.

And that Wolverine cover is great!

beetleblack
03-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Who is the red head on the uncanny cover? Is that Rachel cause I thought she was going to excalibur.

I did wonder who that was but just presumed it was Jean Grey with a new do!!!

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Actually, it's Kitty. :)

beetleblack
03-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Kitty's now a RED HEAD! :? How did this happen? A bit confusing when she meets up with Jean and Rachel - they'll run out of red ink!

HavokThePowerful
03-22-2004, 07:06 PM

Thanx for the clarification. Kitty with red hair that seems really weird

Phil
03-23-2004, 05:12 AM

I thought that Joss Whedon had exclusive useage of Kitty over in Astonishing?

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-23-2004, 10:50 AM
And now I've just found out from someone ELSE about Astonishing... and that it's supposed to be Rachel. Eeee. Thank God, though. I loathe Kitty and her better-than-thou expository speeches.

beetleblack
03-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Well, I'm suitably confused... maybe it's not Kitty or Rachel... maybe it's actually Dazzler... or even Professor X with a wig and a sex change... :roll:

HavokThePowerful
03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
or even Professor X with a wig and a sex change... :roll:

That was my first thought but then I remembered he can't walk anymore because he wasn't reakky fixed mags was making the nano sentilels hold him up right

Phil
03-25-2004, 10:24 AM
And now I've just found out from someone ELSE about Astonishing... and that it's supposed to be Rachel. Eeee. Thank God, though. I loathe Kitty and her better-than-thou expository speeches.

I'm still not 100% that it's Rachel as she's supposed to be in Excalibur, it could well be Magma as Claremont's using her.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Magma's a blonde, though.

HappyCanuck
03-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Hairdye? Everyone likes a change once in a while...

Nalyd Psycho
03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
It's Rachel... I'm certain of it now...

Puck
03-25-2004, 09:58 PM
It is not Magma!It looks nothing like Magma!& If it is Rachel, I thought she was smart enough not to wear such an ugly oufit!

Phil
03-26-2004, 08:03 AM

It is not Magma!It looks nothing like Magma!

http://www.anotherpilotdown.net/xmenscan/scan0003.jpg

Read the dialogue, look at Magma as the dialogue corresponds to.

Ben
03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
well, you can't see shortstop in that pic ;) But you can in this one:

http://www.anotherpilotdown.net/xmenscan/scan0002.jpg

It's ok though Phil, I don't know the kricket positions ;) heh heh gotta fly! {northstar}

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Dani looks so pretty-ful! :)

Puck
03-26-2004, 03:30 PM

It is not Magma!It looks nothing like Magma!

http://www.anotherpilotdown.net/xmenscan/scan0003.jpg

Read the dialogue, look at Magma as the dialogue corresponds to.
I meant I really don't want it to be Magma.....and Puck is spelt with a capital thank you very much,

DelBubs
03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
There seems to be a distinct lack of smilies in some of these posts and feelings seem to be a little out of kilter in regards to the normal cordial atmosphere we have gotten use too. Maybe who's who in a book of sequential art isn't the subject to get emotive about, then again what do I know :D :lol: :wink: :P

beetleblack
03-26-2004, 07:18 PM
I just wish we knew where Northstar was heading (possibly comic limbo????) and until we know for sure I'll be sulking in that corner over there *points* with a copy of 'Attitude' featuring our favourite speedster in the buff, expect for a strategically placed maple leaf - erm, make it a LARGE maple leaf!!! (Sorry, that edition only exhists in my head *ahem* :oops: ).

{northstar}

DelBubs
03-26-2004, 07:29 PM
This last christmas, we put a very small present in a very big box, just to decieve the recipient, but luckily they enjoyed the presie. Beetleback, I would hate for you to pull back that large Maple Leaf, to find that someone is false advertising, but after all it is your imagination, so the contents are what you make them {northstar} :lol:

Nalyd Psycho
03-26-2004, 07:32 PM
I just wish we knew where Northstar was heading (possibly comic limbo????) and until we know for sure I'll be sulking in that corner over there *points* with a copy of 'Attitude' featuring our favourite speedster in the buff, expect for a strategically placed maple leaf - erm, make it a LARGE maple leaf!!! (Sorry, that edition only exhists in my head *ahem* :oops: ).

{northstar}

Right on. Jean-Paul has more attitude than the entirety of most teams.

I think he'll probably be a regular guest in Academy X if he doesn't have a team. I'd love a return to the Flight, even if it makes no sense character wise.

syvalois
03-27-2004, 09:14 AM

{northstar}

Giving Northstar history, I would find it funny to see him with a maple leaf, I would see him a lot more with a lys, but I guess it's one of those subtility that not many people can understand (it's also in my head)

Phil
03-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I meant I really don't want it to be Magma.....and Puck is spelt with a capital thank you very much,

My apologies, no bad feeling was meant...

Phil
03-27-2004, 11:23 AM
It's ok though Phil, I don't know the kricket positions ;) heh heh gotta fly! {northstar}

Heh, I knew the positions I just typed the wrong number ;)

Puck
03-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Um...what is kricket?I know what Cricket is but not kricket

Phil
03-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Heh, I'm guessing it's the same thing but Ben's jokingly belittling one of my nation's sports because I cocked up the UXM url's

Nalyd Psycho
03-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Giving Northstar history, I would find it funny to see him with a maple leaf, I would see him a lot more with a lys, but I guess it's one of those subtility that not many people can understand (it's also in my head)

I agree there, but that's one of the problems with Alpha Flight, if they were to really truely make it a Canadian team, would so much fly over the head of non-Canadians that it only sold in Canada?

syvalois
03-27-2004, 06:02 PM
I agree there, but that's one of the problems with Alpha Flight, if they were to really truely make it a Canadian team, would so much fly over the head of non-Canadians that it only sold in Canada?

Definitly!!! :twisted: I'm just complaining, it feels good sometimes. But I do think, some of those differences could be inderstood, i'm just not sure the writers would write it well, like Seagle mentionning canadian politics and failing to get it right.

Legerd
03-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Uncanny:

Wolverine, Bishop, Sage, Storm, Nightcrawler, Cannoball, Magma(possibly)

Hey, I thought Magma died awhile back. Did someone give the revolving door of Death a spin again? :?

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-28-2004, 12:56 AM
Two quick points here...

Syvalois: When Seagle mentioned Canadian politics, I don't think he needed to get it right. Alpha Flight doesn't take place in "our" universe, it takes place in the "Marvel" universe, so he has that liberty that he's able to take there. Does "our" Canada really have a Department H? Does "our" America have S.H.I.E.L.D.? See what I mean?

Legerd: Magma did die in the "Holy War" arc in Uncanny X-Men, but she was resurrected in the next issue by Angel.

Phil
03-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Legerd: Magma did die in the "Holy War" arc in Uncanny X-Men, but she was resurrected in the next issue by Angel.

To fall into a coma, untill she was revived in New Mutants (2) #4.

Douglas Cuckler
03-28-2004, 02:23 AM

To fall into a coma, untill she was revived in New Mutants (2) #4.

Those crazy Healers. Healers are to 2000's as Telepaths were to the 90's.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Actually, Phil, she wasn't revived until New Mutants #7, by new student Josh Foley (soon-to-be Elixir).

Phil
03-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Damn, I meant 7...

Sorry, I picked up back issues of both 4 and 7 yesterday and got confused with the numbering.

syvalois
03-28-2004, 10:17 AM
[quote="Dani_Moonstar"]Two quick points here...

Syvalois: When Seagle mentioned Canadian politics, I don't think he needed to get it right. Alpha Flight doesn't take place in "our" universe, it takes place in the "Marvel" universe, so he has that liberty that he's able to take there. Does "our" Canada really have a Department H? Does "our" America have S.H.I.E.L.D.? See what I mean?quote]

He was making reference to the election taking place in Canada. From what I remebered, he just mixed up the election system we have in Canada or he placed Chrétien in the wrong political party, I don't remembered. It was to epsilon guard talking to each others and I don't remember wich issu. Even if he failed the reference, I like that scene anyway, it was a nice try and not really relevent to the big story.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Heh, I see what you mean.

Maybe the Epsilons just didn't know? They *are* Department H goons, after all, and we ALL know how much Department H tells its employees. :lol:

Richv1
04-22-2004, 07:08 PM
What governments keeping secrets heaven forbid. That couldn't happen could it? Well maybe in a comic book? :roll: