PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky in love Heather Hudson and...

beetleblack
03-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Okay, we all know how much Heather loved Mac and how she took over leadership of Alpha Flight after he died to keep his dream alive blah blah blah... but who do YOU think she should have been paired with ideally?

Remember Puck loved her, Madison loved her, Logan loved her (but then he loves all red heads) and much later on she spoke to Diamond Lil about another man who she was feeling attracted too (although we never discovered who because hey-presto Mac came back from the dead!).

Let the voters decide!

beetleblack
03-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Ummm, although I set up the poll I'm actually torn!

Personally I always thought that Heather and Puck would have been great together - I always found Puck very appealing and thought that if Heather was worth anything she would have looked beyond his height and age, sadly she had other ideas! I also loved her with Madison and was a bit annoyed when they split up - I felt cheated as a reader actually, all that investment we had put into them as a couple and then it's gone in a puff of smoke! I was always intrigued by a conversation she had with Lil close to the end of the run in which she hinted at a man she was interested in, later we see Heather speaking to someone (a man - shirtless) at Department H but we never find out who he was (which is kinda maddening - perhaps they would have developed this if the book hadn't been axed), I think it was Wyre as the torso mose closely resembled his than Kyle who I always thought might be the other contender, but who knows! I also always thought that she and Wyre would have made an interesting couple (hey, he was the closest to Wolverine that AF had!).

I ended up voting Puck btw.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-30-2004, 08:25 PM
I voted Mac... because I just never liked Heather with anyone else. I think this is a couple that's just meant for each other.

HappyCanuck
03-30-2004, 08:55 PM
I think Mac is the only one she actually loved. She admitted that she loved Madison, but was not IN love with him, Eugene, sure she liked him enough as a friend, but I don't think he was what she was looking for, and I doubt it was due to his 'impediments', Logan she loved like the older, uglier child she and Mac never had, Kyle I don't think ever even reached her radar screen, Wyre... well, let's not go there. And the only other man she had feeling for was Michael, and that was prolly more like a father, given their history.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
03-30-2004, 09:36 PM
I completely agree with you.

HavokThePowerful
03-30-2004, 09:41 PM
i voted for mac

beetleblack
03-31-2004, 06:21 AM
Logan she loved like the older, uglier child she and Mac never had.

I now have an image of Wolverine in nappies (diapers), a bonnet, with a dummy (pacifier) in his mouth being wheeled around in a baby's pram!

:oops:

DelBubs
03-31-2004, 12:38 PM
I went for Maddy, Mac is a decent sort, but is a little to staid for Heather. Use to be a time she wouldn't have said 'Boo! to a goose', but becoming a widow, taking over the team, becoming a hero etc, gave her a more free spirit, Maddy had that kinda mindset too IMO

Legerd
04-07-2004, 12:22 AM
I now have an image of Wolverine in nappies (diapers), a bonnet, with a dummy (pacifier) in his mouth being wheeled around in a baby's pram!

:oops:

He'd be the best there is at what he does... if it was bedwetting. :lol:

kozzi24
04-08-2004, 10:07 AM
I went for Maddy, Mac is a decent sort, but is a little to staid for Heather. Use to be a time she wouldn't have said 'Boo! to a goose', but becoming a widow, taking over the team, becoming a hero etc, gave her a more free spirit, Maddy had that kinda mindset too IMO

Except Maddy started out as a rugged, pug-ugly man who suddenly appeared the handsome hero because Mantlo wanted to pair him with Heather. Free spirit? The man dug ditches because he wanted to psychologically deny being a mutant. I look at Madison's change (you can't even say revamp) as the first subtle sign of Mantlo's disdain for the characters he was writing and precursor to all the damage he later did.

beetleblack
04-08-2004, 11:10 AM
I just thought having Diamond Lil come along and nab Madison from Heather was extremely unconvincing and contrived. I enjoyed the Heather and Madison pairing. Heather didn't really seem to care at all that Madison went off with Lil - although I suppose she did have Mac back later on (until he died AGAIN!).

kozzi24
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
There was prior history between Mad & Lil that gave their getting back together when she was trying to work for good a certain logic. But the situation could have used some more drama, and more (ANY?) reaction on Heather's part.

Richv1
08-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Heather should be with her original husband Mac. They were made for each other.

PWalk
08-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Color me {sas} but I think it would have been a great little twist if she fell for Wyre at the end of Vol 1. I hated Wyre but you could of had the good girl likes bad boy kinda deal going there.

Richv1
08-18-2004, 11:23 PM
I don't mind good girl liking bad boy. Just not with Heather and Mac. In the X-men they have that with Emma and Scott. With Jean out of the way its not to bad. Unless they bring her back again. And no they shouldn't get rid of Mac again. He died enough times.
I couldn't really see Heather with Wyre. If she went for a bad boy I'd have prefered Wolverine.

kozzi24
08-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Pheonix limited series has been announced. I heard nothing on continuity, though, so it may be set prior to her (latest) death.

I always thought Logan let himself be attracted to Jean because he couldn't let himself be attracted to his best friend's wife. Charles Xavier found him and offered a place to go where he could deal with his Heather issues.

Richv1
08-19-2004, 08:42 PM
A new Phoenix limited series? It might not be in the past. In Astonishing X-Men a medical facility is using Jean's dead body to test a drug for curing mutants of being mutants. I wonder will that drug somehow revive her? Plus in Astonishing it has been announced that a old X-Men that you would never think of will be joining the team. Any bets on who it is?

Phil
08-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Colossus :P

Richv1
08-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Very funny. ha ha ha :lol: With Illana Rasputin following. :lol:

birdygirl
08-20-2004, 03:31 PM
I voted for Mac as Heather's true love. I always thought of them as one of Marvel's ideal couples, (even though he died repeatedly :lol: ).

Judd and Heather were also interesting together, and probably could have been a couple if Mac hadn't shown up again.

I never quite believed Madison with Heather. From issue #28 or so of John Byrne's run, I had the idea that Madison and Diamond Lil were a couple, or would be again in time. (Check out their scene in the parking lot of the West Edmonton Mall.)

I also think of Wolverine as more of a surrogate child than a love interest for Heather. Look at the way she cared for him after he was found in the woods. And several times, Wolvie himself admitted that he felt that Mac and Heather were almost like parents to him.

Sorry, I can't see her with Wild Child or Wyre, (although this would make for some intriguing pairings.... :wink: ).

Richv1
08-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I could see Heather with Wild Child the more sophistocated version Weapon X though. Wyre no they don't match at all.
Her and Mac now have a child together and are now going on a nice long trip. They do seem good together.

Magik
08-28-2004, 04:19 AM
I voted for Mac.. I see Heather and Mac as one of the super couples of the Marvel universe..

It'd be like Marlena not being with John.. Laura not being with Luke.. Kendall not being with Ryan.. Jack not being with Erica.. In other words, just plain wrong. :)

Very funny. ha ha ha :lol: With Illyana Rasputin following. :lol:

*sigh* If only.

~ Magik

kozzi24
08-28-2004, 09:53 AM
Very funny. ha ha ha
Not so funny now, is it? Good call Phil.

Richv1
08-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Why is it not so funny now? They are not going to bring back Colussus are they? Isn't having Jean Grey Summers come back from the dead going to be enough? :roll:

kozzi24
08-28-2004, 09:28 PM
He'll be back before Christmas. Better read ASTONISHING to get the full story, and it HAS been a really great read all along anyway.

Richv1
08-28-2004, 11:21 PM
I am reading Astonishing and so far they have only talked about using Jean Grey's dead body to experiment on. Unless its the latest issue which hasn't come out here yet. But the first 3 issues make no mention of Colossus. But I am not surprised. Marvel does that way to often bringing seemly dead heroes back from the grave. Whats the point in killing them.

kozzi24
08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Whats the point in killing them.

Killing for killing's sake?
To vent aggression?
They deserve it?
Because letting them live would be cruel?
They're more interesting dead?

Richv1
08-31-2004, 11:20 AM
"They're more interesting dead." so why bring them back to life? It would be nice to see someone die and stay dead. I bet Illanya will make a come back some time. Anyone can.

DelBubs
08-31-2004, 02:51 PM
They bring them back to create an event that will hopefully increase sales. Plus has as been shown many times, times may change, but core fans stay the same and want to read about characters they have grown to love over many years. Jean Grey nd Magneto are integral to the X-Men mythos. The X is incomplete without them, no matter how many new characters.

Richv1
09-01-2004, 08:06 PM
I know why they are brought back. But killing them loses its meaning after they have come back a few times. Like how many times have Magneto and Jean died? If you know they are just going to come back there dying you know is not really dying. But I agree being a fan of Colossus I want him back and Jean to.

DelBubs
09-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Rich V said

"They're more interesting dead." so why bring them back to life? It would be nice to see someone die and stay dead. I bet Illanya will make a come back some time. Anyone can.
Too which I replied

They bring them back to create an event that will hopefully increase sales. Plus has as been shown many times, times may change, but core fans stay the same and want to read about characters they have grown to love over many years. Jean Grey nd Magneto are integral to the X-Men mythos. The X is incomplete without them, no matter how many new characters.
Rich V then said

I know why they are brought back. But killing them loses its meaning after they have come back a few times. Like how many times have Magneto and Jean died? If you know they are just going to come back there dying you know is not really dying. But I agree being a fan of Colossus I want him back and Jean to.
Seems bloody stupid to ask a question to which you know the answer and then get tetchy cos someone answers it. However, what do I know?

Richv1
09-02-2004, 07:15 PM
"tetchy" now whos tetchy? Not me. Are you? :P

DelBubs
09-02-2004, 07:28 PM
If it's tetchy to question the validity of asking a question to which you already know the answer to, and then post a snert response, because another person posts the answer which you already know, then yea, I guess I was tetchy :? :shock:

Richv1
09-02-2004, 07:49 PM
SNERT AND TETCHY? Are we starting a new language?
Remember the boards are for fun now, play nice. :lol:

DelBubs
09-02-2004, 08:23 PM
SNERT AND TETCHY? Are we starting a new language?
Remember the boards are for fun now, play nice. :lol:
Now Rich, you should know I always play nice except for when I get a terse response to a response I have given in good faith. Given that I posted the the words 'snert' and tetchy' I don't think we are starting anything :P , but am quite happy to admit that the two words in question could be considered slang and not run of the mill english. So I shall apologise unreservedly for not using the word 'terse' in the first place.

As for the boards being for fun, on the whole I'm having a ball :-).

tetchy

adj : easily irritated or annoyed; "an incorrigibly fractious young man"; "not the least nettlesome of his countrymen" [syn: cranky, fractious, irritable, nettlesome, peevish, peckish, pettish, petulant, testy, techy]

I did find an entry for SNERT, but decided that as it is mainly used as an Ebonic term, I would leave it out.

Richv1
09-04-2004, 12:06 PM
So what were we talking about in this post before we got sidetracked?
Oh ya whether or not Mac is the best romantic interest for Heather? I believe that once your married it is for life. If you have any doubts you shouldn't get married in the first place. And if you don't expect some problems and can't work through them you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. Plus you should know the person your marrying well enough to know what they are like and what you can expect. Heather and Mac have been through a lot and are still together and still in love thats a sign of a good solid marriage.