PDA

View Full Version : Four Page Preview

DelBubs
04-01-2004, 06:13 PM
http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/040704/alpha2cvr.html
Don't ask me why the text is arse about face on the splash page, or is that just my pc doing that ? :-)
Oh and somebody on the Awaves mailing list posted that they had read #2 and revealed some interesting news, but unlike them, I will say it is a majorish spoiler.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Yay! Just what I wanted, a damn page preview! Thanks, Del! :)

I really like the reverse imaging from the first big splash page in the first issue... that made me giggle. Also cool to see our veterans again, despite their restraints. I wonder now how Sasquatch avoided this fate? He must've been wearing his Hulkbuster armor. :D

I'm guessing from snippets that we've seen so far that this is the Plodex at work... does anyone else think that the Master is going to be our villain du jour in the first story arc?

No gripes at all. In fact, I'm more excited now than ever to read #2. Can't wait!

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Sorry to double-post, but I just had a thought: has anyone noticed how Clayton Henry seems to have this obsession with drawing really large penises on any of his big-and-furry characters? I've noticed it on Sasquatch, I've noticed it on the werewolves from the Exiles/Uncanny X-Men crossover, and I've noticed it in Exiles itself. Good God, man, why would Jeanne-Marie EVER dump Walter?! :shock:

DelBubs
04-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Wasn't sure about the reverse writing, and am to tired to try and interpret it all and re the Penis thing, surley as Sas he would have a large wang. With that in mind, why don't Bruce Banner rip his jeans apart, and I don't think any wang will ever be big enough for Aurora :-)

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I sure wouldn't mind seeing the Hulk's hulk. :wink: Then again, I'm still hoping for an Alpha Flight Swimsuit Edition... featuring Major Mapleleaf, wearing absofreakinglutely nothing, holding his Stetson over his crotch. Or not holding it there.

OH MY.

DelBubs
04-01-2004, 07:32 PM
I do believe, (and Phil prob knows more about this, being a mine of AF appearence info) that there is a comic out there with some AF members in swimwear. I think Northstar puts in an appearence.

beetleblack
04-01-2004, 08:02 PM
I sure wouldn't mind seeing the Hulk's hulk. :wink: Then again, I'm still hoping for an Alpha Flight Swimsuit Edition... featuring Major Mapleleaf, wearing absofreakinglutely nothing, holding his Stetson over his crotch. Or not holding it there.

OH MY.

Oh dear, can this discussion sink any lower???? I'm sickened...

*ahem*

I would love to know where I can see pics of Northstar in a pair of speedos, I actually have a copy of the Marvel Swimsuit special from many many years ago - it holds a special place in my cupboard, as you can well imagine.

Love the preview of the next issue - looking forward to it. Btw, who is the guy with the glasses next to Snowbird? My minds gone blank (possibly due to lewd images of the Hulk's green trouser snake... :oops: ).

HappyCanuck
04-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Love the preview of the next issue - looking forward to it. Btw, who is the guy with the glasses next to Snowbird? My minds gone blank (possibly due to lewd images of the Hulk's green trouser snake... :oops: ).

i've wondered that too since he was shown in Uncanny 120-something-or-other (the only AF appearance I have before the armour debacle).

Re: the Hulk, nevermind why they don't get destroyed... I wanna know how many pairs of purple pants Bruce Banner owns!!

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-01-2004, 08:42 PM
The guy in the glasses (and why he has glasses, I have NO idea) is Chuck Moss, a.k.a. Earthmover.

varo
04-01-2004, 10:52 PM
i guess marvel started sending advance issues to tease customers on the next weeks releaes, but my shop had #2 sitting on a display shelf. i tryed in vain to get them to sell it to me with no luck.

Phil
04-02-2004, 03:56 AM
I do believe, (and Phil prob knows more about this, being a mine of AF appearence info) that there is a comic out there with some AF members in swimwear. I think Northstar puts in an appearence.

*cough*Marvel Swimsuit Special #1 Aurora, Sasquatch
Marvel Swimsuit Special #2 Aurora, Northstar, Persuasion*cough*

Nalyd Psycho
04-02-2004, 04:58 AM
I unfortunatly can't find any Marvel Swimsuit Specials.

The reverse imaging is wicked creative, really digging that.

Phil
04-02-2004, 08:00 AM
The fifth page, fourth not including the recap page, is over at Comics Continuum. (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0404/01/af4.htm)

beetleblack
04-02-2004, 09:27 AM

*cough*Marvel Swimsuit Special #1 Aurora, Sasquatch
Marvel Swimsuit Special #2 Aurora, Northstar, Persuasion*cough*

Sorry, didn't quite hear that? :wink:

Do you have a scanner* btw? :)

(*The thing that scans pictures into your computer, not a psi-powered assasin that can make men's heads blow off in spectacularly 80s fashion! LOL.)

beetleblack
04-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Btw, is this picture partial evidence of why we may never see Puck in a swimsuit special? Seems that 'little man' might not always equal 'little man'! ;) What IS Puck's arm leaning on??? Answer on a postcard to the usual address, kids! smuttybeetle@cupboardlover.net

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=41

*ahem*

HavokThePowerful
04-02-2004, 10:36 AM
looks great

Phil
04-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Do you have a scanner* btw? :)

(*The thing that scans pictures into your computer, not a psi-powered assasin that can make men's heads blow off in spectacularly 80s fashion! LOL.)

I do :D

Just not the issues themselves :lol:

What IS Puck's arm leaning on???

His knee :P

Ben
04-02-2004, 12:30 PM
boy, this bing on "vacation" thing really puts me outta the loop! This rocks, glad to see Lobell tie the origonals in so soon, so it would seem Sas's overall plan with the new team was to make a strike force of sorts to save the origonals. Tossed all 5 pages up on alphaflight.net

DelBubs
04-02-2004, 01:55 PM
When I see these little snippets, I still get that Alpha Buzz, no other comics does that for me. While I keep getting that Buzz, I'll keep on buying.

Re Yukons homeland, I googled Kemteron (?), even google came up empty handed, but I shall perservere :-)

PWalk
04-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Is it just me or does Centennial always have that pose where he's hunched over flexing with his fists clenched?

Otherwise it looks awesome, lets hope the kill Mac soon, he's about due again. :lol:

Puck
04-03-2004, 01:42 AM
No need to decipher text, is is exactly the same as the splash page in Isue #1 page 2 :) (though your probably realised that)

DelBubs
04-03-2004, 04:37 PM
No need to decipher text, is is exactly the same as the splash page in Isue #1 page 2 :) (though your probably realised that)
Yup, straight after yourself and Phil pointed it out to me, I would have got there eventually :-) (maybe)

bigbloo
04-03-2004, 07:29 PM
ROTFL!!! :lol:

You guys are killing me!

Back on topic though, I really really like this preview, I wasn't all that excited about #2 but after seeing these pages, now I cant wait!!!

suzene
04-04-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm just glad to see that Henry knows what Puck looks like! His last couple of appearances outside of AF have been a horrid mockery of proportions. Really nice artwork all around...even though I think Shaman looks a little bishy. I'm not sure if that's a complaint or not. ;)

Suzene

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-05-2004, 01:28 PM
What's "bishy"?

suzene
04-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Short for "bishonen". Term out of anime fandom meaning "beautiful boy", typically used to refer to any excessively pretty/hot-looking young man. In this case used to refer to the fact that Shaman seems to have lost his wrinkles, gotten a bit willowy, and has lovely, long, flowing tresses. ;)

Suzene

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh yes, that word. If I were more fond of the Japanese language (or the culture, period), I might've known that, lol.

varo
04-05-2004, 09:05 PM
thank god guardians skunk stripe is gone!!!!!!!

yipee!!

DelBubs
04-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Never liked the skunk stripe and never really liked pseudo 'Prometheus' Mac, but he died a noble death, so he ain't all bad :-)

Legerd
04-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Never liked the skunk stripe and never really liked pseudo 'Prometheus' Mac, but he died a noble death, so he ain't all bad :-)

Yeah, but if he was Mac's clone isn't he just as immune to death as Mac is?! {guardian}