PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Northstar!!!!

Phil
04-25-2004, 04:47 PM
The entire issue of Ultimate X-Men #46 - The debut issue by Bryan Vaughn and Brandon Peterson - shipping in May is online, and guess who's in it!

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/ultxmen/

http://image.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/ultxmen/2.jpg

DelBubs
04-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Gack, kaf, kaf, gonna have to buy an issue of Ultimate X now, bolloxs.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Wow. Ultimate Sinister is... kinda cute. :lol:

varo
04-25-2004, 10:05 PM
did sinister just kill northstar in that last panel?

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Either that, or he tranked him. I think it's the latter.

varo
04-25-2004, 11:17 PM
never seen a tranquilizer that had a bullet sleeve on it.

so much for northstars long run in ultimate x-men.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-25-2004, 11:23 PM
True, I've also never seen a tranquilizer with a bullet sleeve. Then again, I've never seen a guy with a glowing gem on his forehead, either. :wink:

Ben
04-26-2004, 05:41 AM
:shock: his ears are round!

HappyCanuck
04-26-2004, 06:09 AM
More'n likely, JP was fast enough to dodge the bullet once he realised what was going on...

My question is, why on earth is one of the world's leading ethically-questionable geneticist dressed up like a mugger??

And PLEASE tell me there is more to Kurts costume then a gold wedgie-band and belts.... I know he's interesting to look at, but one would think he'd fall out too easily when doing his acrobatic shtuff...

beetleblack
04-26-2004, 06:53 AM
And PLEASE tell me there is more to Kurts costume then a gold wedgie-band and belts.... I know he's interesting to look at, but one would think he'd fall out too easily when doing his acrobatic shtuff...

LOL - I didn't notice until you just said. Maybe he is wearing a 'skin' coloured body suit or something?

Btw, never read ANY Ultimate titles, so what's the deal with them? They use the same characters but with no history or something?

Wow. Ultimate Sinister is... kinda cute. MMJ, you are a tart! :wink: But a very perceptive one :lol: Who knew that Sinister was such a hunk!!!! Maybe he and JP will get it together!!!!

Mystic
04-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately Northstar will be killed. It's already been stated in a recent Wizard that Sinister is going to be a serial killer, killing a bunch of characters with a mysterious purpose, and that he will perhaps have a mysterious employer as well.

As cool as it was to see Northstar (minus the ears), I think that his run in the Ultimate series is extremely short lived.

-Mystic

P.S. - Although, I really hope that I'm wrong.

Phil
04-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I presumed he'd be killed.

But there is the chance he speeds out the way, or Sinister tranqs him, experiments/clones him and makes hima mauruder.
Or Aurora could turn up looking for him :D

PWalk
04-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Wow with the way that issue started you'd think they would have kept him around longer.

DelBubs
04-26-2004, 01:04 PM
I can't see them introducing him, with all the angst he shows then offing him in one issue, my take is he dodges the bullet and realises that the X is his best protection and becomes an X-man. We don't really know if there is an Aurora in the Ultimate MU, he hasn't even got the ears. Then again he could shag Mr Sinister senseless and make his escape.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Then again he could shag Mr Sinister senseless and make his escape.

I'd buy five copies of Ultimate X-Men if they had an issue with JP and Sinister shagging. So here's to the first Ult. Northstar/Ult. Sinister ship! ::Giggles girlishly!:: :lol:

suzene
04-28-2004, 07:29 PM
I was really impressed with the art (aside from the sad lack of pointed ears). Peterson kept his own art-style, but he gave Jean-Paul the features from the Byrne-era instead of the more recent incarnations -- slender build, long face, and sharp features. Very nice to see.

It would make sense for Jean-Paul to be dead -- might be a little hard to take Sinister as a threat if his first on-panel victim gets away -- but maybe his powers ensured that he was just winged or something.

Suzene

beetleblack
04-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Then again he could shag Mr Sinister senseless and make his escape.

I'd buy five copies of Ultimate X-Men if they had an issue with JP and Sinister shagging. So here's to the first Ult. Northstar/Ult. Sinister ship! ::Giggles girlishly!:: :lol:

I presume you're refering to the dance called the Shag - I'm not too sure that when doing the dance you are refered to as 'shagging' though...

(aside from the sad lack of pointed ears).

I wonder why his ears are normal? Maybe in the Ultimate universe (or whatever) he is not half fairy? (Please STOP sniggering!) I know that a lot of people were kinda annoyed by this odd turn of events in issue 50 but I thought it was suitably intriguing and explained the whole ear thing! (Do we know why Byrne created the twins with pointy ears to begin with btw?)

Oh and Suzene - LOVE the new avatar, VERY cute!!! :)

DelBubs
04-29-2004, 10:55 AM
I wonder why his ears are normal? Maybe in the Ultimate universe (or whatever) he is not half fairy? (Please STOP sniggering!) I know that a lot of people were kinda annoyed by this odd turn of events in issue 50 but I thought it was suitably intriguing and explained the whole ear thing! (Do we know why Byrne created the twins with pointy ears to begin with btw?)

I'm sure that fairy thing was finally refuted in the 'Search for Northstar arc', Loki having said he lied. As for the ears, I think they were just there to reinforce the twins being mutant theme.

Ben
04-29-2004, 10:58 AM
bah! The fairy thing was foolish, I'm so glad they story was explained to be a lie! As for a good enough reason for thier ears being pointed...why is does Night Crawler look how he does? Why does Wolverine's hair do that thing it does? Why is Kara Purple? It's all about the mutations. Besides, the pointed ears make them more airodynamic, so they can go faster.

Ben

DelBubs
04-29-2004, 11:05 AM
This man has Aerodynamic earholes for cripes sake and he can't get on the X-Men properly, what is the world coming too :-)

suzene
04-29-2004, 07:04 PM
I wonder why his ears are normal? Maybe in the Ultimate universe (or whatever) he is not half fairy? (Please STOP sniggering!)

You've spoken the forbidden words; we must now eat your brain.

Oh and Suzene - LOVE the new avatar, VERY cute!!! :)

Heh...thanks. Most people know not to let me within three miles of a graphics program, but I got in under the fence this time. ;)

Suzene

SwiftFox
04-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Btw, never read ANY Ultimate titles, so what's the deal with them? They use the same characters but with no history or something?

Sort of. More or less it allows people to read about some really cool characters without feeling the need for 1000 issues of back story across 40 titles. Plus the fact that it's all modernized. While theere are major changes there's also a lot that is 'familiar.' Thank GOD for the Ultimate line... I was dying without Spider-Man, but I won't touch the mainstream titles until I have accomplished 2 things...
1. Kill or seriously injure John Byrne
2. Travel back in time BEFORE doing so, making sure that he never ever touches Spidey....

uhhhh... /rant

Phil
05-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Just to let people know, the issue in question is now out :)

beetleblack
05-27-2004, 06:36 PM
And how did how did Northstar fare?

:D or :cry: ?

SwiftFox
05-27-2004, 06:45 PM
And how did how did Northstar fare?

:D or :cry: ?

Same as in the preview.... we don't know. The preview showed the whole comic page for page... We have to wait and see...

ladymako71
05-30-2004, 04:16 AM
said comic also got me into crap with some obsessive 'mother' type...in the comic shop no less. I was minding my own business when this slag came up and scolded me for picking comic books up for my kids (of which I have none btw) and letting them read such trash.

After scraping my jaw off the floor I told her that I don't have kids, these were mine and that I would appreciate if she minded her own bloody business! Then I saw her brats mewing over pokemya**e cards. I was tempted to shove AF 106 in her face when I spied that but decided against it and got my stuff and left.

It's folks like that that make me nervous about that bill thing I posted about in the cupboard forum. But I have my Ultimate Northstar and I'm a happy girl for now...I want AF 4 already...

beetleblack
05-30-2004, 06:15 AM
said comic also got me into crap with some obsessive 'mother' type...in the comic shop no less. I was minding my own business when this slag came up and scolded me for picking comic books up for my kids (of which I have none btw) and letting them read such trash.

Which just shows how out of touch these poeple are - as if kids read comic-books these days! I'm sure the average age of comic-book reading community is mid-twenties to thirties.

kozzi24
05-30-2004, 12:31 PM
You should have reminded her that America is built on the melting pot of all peoples and views, and then complimented her beautiful children and assured her that they would certainly make mommy proud by being wonderful American Nazis someday,

ladymako71
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
You should have reminded her that America is built on the melting pot of all peoples and views, and then complimented her beautiful children and assured her that they would certainly make mommy proud by being wonderful American Nazis someday,

You have no idea how tempted I was to be bad. But I figured if she got her panties in a wad over some chick buying comic books for herself, god only knows what would have happened if said chick actually tried to shut her up and put her in her place.

But I got my Ultimate JP and all things considered it was worth it. lol It's easier to read then the full book preview over at Mile High.

kozzi24
06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
People like that prey on your reaction. You, being the polite one, didn't respond because SHE buttec in and called attention to your behavior that was NONE OF HER BUSINESS. She was exercising her right to free speech by trying to censor and censure YOUR rights. This would be different even if you butted into that conversation, but she directed her comments at you.

Everybody NEEDS to be consciously aware of what elements in their life work for them, but not for other people, and by American ideals, should tolerate the differences that are not illegal or outright dangerous. I detest people with blue and megenta hair, but what they choose to do to themselves is NOT even my business, never mind my place to say anything. If I were to VOLUNTEER criticism of someone who chooses to think they're fashionable in such a way, I DESERVE both barrels. Just like that woman deserved it.

I am the keeper of my soul, and, temporarily, of my son's. People who want to tell me how to live my life--more like theirs, invariably!--always get an answer, even if it's just a question who appointed them my savior.

I have shaken the faith of street preachers trying to save my soul, at least temporaily get them to see the emptiness of the universe and that they will eventually become worm food.

Silence to those people only reinforces the thought in their tiny minds that they are right.

Puck
06-06-2004, 03:54 AM
MileHi Posted the whole issue there...how convenient o.o

ladymako71
06-06-2004, 10:05 AM
to bad I had to get my hands on it myself or I would have avoided the 'Soccer Mom' from hell....But it is a good issue...nice and purty

Northstars Love
06-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Noooooo! Please don't say....

SpolierPlease do not tell me Ultimate Northie gets killed? This can't be! Why pick on a Northie? Expendable? This is soooo sad!End Spoiler

Aside from possibly the hunk Colossus what other Ulti character is gay?

ladymako71
06-07-2004, 03:18 PM
uhhh they are still hiding in the closet?

SwiftFox
06-09-2004, 07:30 PM
For those of you *cough* Mako *cough* who can't wait until they actually see the issue to find out.....

SPOILER Click mouse to left of the X and drag down to the second X... the text is revealed... magically. :P DO NOT QUOTE THE CHUNK BELOW or the the text will show.

X
Northstar lives... thanks thank to his powers the bullet just grazed his lungs. He was BRIEFLY in a coma, Jean popped him out by making him go through the situation in his head again. He sees Peter and asks "Is he single?" Petey gets a stunned look on his face and triggers his power out of shock..... X

(For those of you wanting to do the same... Check the background color on the last posting. If it is white yours will be gray, if gray yours will be white. Then set color tags around your text you want to hide. Inside square brackets [] type color=FFFFFF for white or color=DCDCDC for gray. then at the end of your spoiler use square brackets again, this time type /color inside.

seroquel
06-09-2004, 11:15 PM
thanks for the spoilage! and very clever. treats for you!

SwiftFox
06-09-2004, 11:36 PM
thanks for the spoilage! and very clever. treats for you!

Well I am a fox you know... we tend to be clever :)

mmmmmm treats....

beetleblack
06-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the Spoiler... now I have a dilemma... Ummm... :?

Foxes are meant to be clever, and also cRaZy of course ;)

SwiftFox
06-10-2004, 08:42 AM

Dilemma.... Hate Ultimate but love Northstar? Can't afford picking up another title but you want Ult. NS? Spicy or mild sauce on your chicken wings?

Foxes are meant to be clever, and also cRaZy of course ;)

Ohhhh but I am.... have you read some of my posts??[/quote]

Phil
06-10-2004, 10:13 AM

Dilemma.... Hate Ultimate but love Northstar? Can't afford picking up another title but you want Ult. NS? Spicy or mild sauce on your chicken wings?

I think he means whether or not to read the spoiler...

SwiftFox
06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
I think he means whether or not to read the spoiler...

I think it's time to remove the word 'Swift' from my name....

C'mon beetle.... you KNOW you wanna know... :P It won't cost you much... only your SOUL mwa ha ha ha :twisted:

uhh.... sorry time for my meds again..

beetleblack
06-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Ah, no, I read the spoiler as soon as I saw it - my dilemma is if I should start collecting Ultimate X-Men now or not :?

If only all my life dilemma were like this one :(

DarkSnowbird
06-11-2004, 07:58 PM
HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILER<-Northstar's alive and wanting to date Collossus->

Edited by Phil for Spoilers

SwiftFox
06-11-2004, 08:13 PM
EDITED FOR SPOILER

There is a reason I put in into 'invisible' spoiler space y'know... some people don't want to know till they read the comic.

Phil
06-12-2004, 05:08 AM
Ah, no, I read the spoiler as soon as I saw it - my dilemma is if I should start collecting Ultimate X-Men now or not :?

Ahh, I was wrong :D

Thats why I'm not swift.... or a fox...

beetleblack
06-12-2004, 05:19 AM

Ahh, I was wrong :D

Thats why I'm not swift.... or a fox...

I'm pretty sure you're still cRaZy (like a fox) though ;)

Btw, have you ever picked up the Ultimate X-Men UK edition which comes out every month? It's in large (magazine) format. I noticed it in WHSmiths the other day and had a flick through, I was wondering how far behind we are to the US? I'm imagining it reprints a couple of issues at a time similarly to Essential X-Men etc

Phil
06-14-2004, 10:55 AM
I've never picked them up 'cos I've got the originals but the A4 size is nice, and the quality's good too.

I like seeing oversized stuff and widescreen stuff, it shows off the work better.

DelBubs
06-14-2004, 12:11 PM
I pick up the British Marvel stuff very infrequently, I check through mainly for dificult to get Alpha slot reprints. Thats the only way I was gonna read UXM #120-121, I agree with Phil about the size and quality, plus they only cost a bit more than their American counterpart, and normally three issues :-)

ladymako71
06-19-2004, 11:01 PM
I picked up this Ultimate X-Men and was happy. =)~~~ Of course the bloke at the counter was laughing at me cause he knows WHY I was picking it up and why I was happy about it. I wonder if they're gonna keep JP in this series? *ponders*

DelBubs
06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
It's just occured to me that for all the times that Mark Millar was asked to stick AF in Ultimate X-Men, we've had to wait till after he's off the book to get a sniff of them :x

ladymako71
06-20-2004, 11:39 PM
typical. I guess it's all a matter of who's in charge and who likes what...the sods. bugger what the fans want, let's just go with what we want and to hell with the bunch buying our stuff.

Ben
07-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Did JP end up appearing in any issues other than #46 & #47?

Ben

Phil
07-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Nup.

Sir John A.
08-05-2004, 04:44 AM
It's just occured to me that for all the times that Mark Millar was asked to stick AF in Ultimate X-Men, we've had to wait till after he's off the book to get a sniff of them

I believe during Millar's run we saw a bit of Department H; which he turned into a sub-division of S.H.I.E.L.D. to my disappointment.

beetleblack
08-05-2004, 05:45 AM
Have we seen anything of Ultimate Alpha Flight (that has a nice ring to it actually!) in the Ulimate Universe? Sadly I'm guessing if the sales of AF aren't great at the moment Marvel won't be considering an ongoing Ulimate Alpha Flight series.

So Northstar was only in a few issues of Ulimate X-Men? Did he just disappear or was he written off the canvas - hope he wasn't killed off :(

SwiftFox
08-05-2004, 08:34 AM
So Northstar was only in a few issues of Ulimate X-Men? Did he just disappear or was he written off the canvas - hope he wasn't killed off :(

He's prolly still recouping in the hospital. I think he'll show up again... just a hunch.