PDA

View Full Version : The Alpha Quiz

DelBubs
04-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Just a little something to wile aaway the hours, basically a person asks an AF related question, when it has ben answered to the question posers satisfaction (or anyone else for that matter) then the writer of the correct answer then poses his/her own question.

To get things started
How many comic covers have featured Northstar alone and what comics where they?

HappyCanuck
04-26-2004, 07:42 PM
To get things started
How many comic covers have featured Northstar alone and what comics where they?

7 that I can think of: AF#106, all four covers of the NS ltd, and UXM 390-ish (the first iss of the 'Eve of Destruction', and Star's first appearance as an X-Man), and UXM 423(??; part of the 'Draco' run)

EDIT: Make that 8... forgot about UXM 414 (his second recruitment into the X-Men

DelBubs
04-26-2004, 08:01 PM
I'd go with that ( tell you the truth I'd forgotten about 106 :-) ) So unless anyone wants to challenge, I guess it's your turn Allan

HappyCanuck
04-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Let's just see if anyone has any others to add first...

DelBubs
04-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Let's just see if anyone has any others to add first...

No challenge as of yet, so what ya got to flummox us Allan ?

HappyCanuck
04-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Appearently, there WERE only 8...

next quiz:

Name, in MU chronological order, all members of Alpha Flight (this includes all member of First Flight) who have died or who have thought to have died in the first 130 issues* of the first series (not including annuals).

(*obviously, there ARE only 130 issues to the first series)

PWalk
04-28-2004, 05:23 PM
next quiz:

Name, in MU chronological order, all members of Alpha Flight (this includes all member of First Flight) who have died or who have thought to have died in the first 130 issues* of the first series (not including annuals).

(*obviously, there ARE only 130 issues to the first series)

Ok here's my shot,

Guardian
Bochs
Langkowski (sorta)
Snowbird
Smart Alec
Guardian
Nemesis
Guardian
Windshear (oops that was just me dreaming)
Guardian

How close was I?

HappyCanuck
04-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Close, but I think you missed couple... and you have Guardian down 4 times. He only died twice in the first series.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
04-28-2004, 09:07 PM
And he missed the First Flight member(s) who died as well. And would Department H personnel count at all?

HappyCanuck
04-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Hence why I said he missed a couple. And no, Dept. H personelle DO NOT count; only members who have been a part of the Alpha team. Beta, Gamma and all the other Greek letter Flights also do not count (or we'd be here forever)

DelBubs
04-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Okay, gonna give this a whirl.

Firstly St Elmo in Alpha Special
Mac in Alpha #12
Puck #16 (believed dead by Sub Mariner, but actually in a yoga induced trance)
Sasquatch Alpha #23
Northstar, Aurora and Snowbird Alpha #24 (killed in the realm of the beasts, revived by Walters soul.
Walt as Box 3 Alpha #29 ish (Lost to the void when refusing to take Bruce Banners Hulk form)
Northstar, Aurora and Box Alpha #32 (Killed by Deadly Ernest, revived by Nemesis)
Snowbird Alpha #43
Smart Alec Alpha #44 (?)
Roger Bochs Alpha #49
Puck Alpha #50 (Believed dead by team after going bungee jumping in Ungava Bay)
Bedlam #51 (tenuous, but was recruited by Mac and turned)
Mac again in Alpha #100
Shaman, Nemesis, Box 4, Diamond Lil, Wyre Alpha #125-126 (to enter the realm of Carcass)

I'm bound to have forgotten some.

Ben
04-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Don't forget about when Deadly Ernest killed Northstar, Jeffries, Bochs, and Aurora, but Nemesis was able to put their spirits back from her blade since it was used to kill Ernest.

Ben

HappyCanuck
04-28-2004, 11:32 PM
works for me... I guess it's back to Del... also, i'm instituting a new rule, just out of fairdom: you are only alowed to go two consecutive rounds. You are allowed to ANSWER more than once, but you have to pass on your turn to someone else.

DelBubs
04-29-2004, 07:23 AM
Okay, I like the rule thingy and will abide for future rounds, but in the meanwhile :
How many Alphans, or affiliates (those with a strong tie to Alpha (honoury members etc) have killed ?

HappyCanuck
05-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Okay, I like the rule thingy and will abide for future rounds, but in the meanwhile :
How many Alphans, or affiliates (those with a strong tie to Alpha (honoury members etc) have killed ?

let's see how close I get (hope someone's keeping track)

Let's start with the obvious ones: Wolverine (who was the first AF recruit) has killed more times than any one can count, not to meantion Puck was a mercenary, so it's safe to assume he killed, Mac killed himself in AF100 (does that count?), but no one else to my knowledge, heather killed Snowbird, snowbird killed Walter, walter (well, Tanaraq) TRIED to kill ppl, but can't remember if he was successful, and Walt (as Box) accidentally stepped on Smart Alec's body, killing him, not to meantion what he did to Guilded Lily (kinda hard to survive that, tho she did in spirit at any rate), Madison inadvertently killed Flashback,and later killed Courtney (s/he was sentient, so i consider that a death, despite the fact s/he was a sentient toaster oven) and obliterated Tundra, Shaman killed himself, Diamond Lil, Nemesis, Box and Wyre to take on Carcass, Wild Child (in his various names) was a homocidal psychopath, so it's safe he killed at LEAST one person. Marrina almost killed Puck, and may or may not have killed as Leviathon (don't have that iss, so don't know), Wyre killed all the ferals he trained save WC, St. Elmo killed himself so save everyone, everyone who was on the team in iss #1 KINDA killed Tundra i guess (depends on your POV), Talisman or Snowbird was involved directly in the physical death of Jebediah Stang (?, Ranaq's host), Kara didn't kill the Auctioneer, tho not for lack of trying, I think i remember Proto eating someone/thing that could be considered sentient... I'm sure I must have missed at LEAST one...

DelBubs
05-02-2004, 09:31 AM
You have the majority, but missed two that happened in the same issue. One by a member and one by an affiliate.

HappyCanuck
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
You have the majority, but missed two that happened in the same issue. One by a member and one by an affiliate.

Right, i forgot Nemesis killed Deadly Ernest, as did Puck (with the help of the Montreal LRT), and Madison killed Bochs/Scrample (Omega), and since Lionel was GONNA be a team affiliate (as team doctor), he could be considered as well.

DelBubs
05-02-2004, 09:42 AM
You clever little Sony, I thought you'd got the Puck/Ernest one earlier, shows that I should read properly :-) Okay, that now seems like the lot, so fire away Allan.

HappyCanuck
05-02-2004, 09:46 AM
okily dokily...

How many members have been in Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Omega Flights?

This DOES include First Flight and associates (informally inducted members), but does NOT include Epsilon Guard (because i don't wanna have to try to count them all). Try to list off the numbers to their respective groups.

in the case of such people as Wild Child (who was both in Alpha and Gamma), count them as one entry.

Remember, Del, you cannot answer.

DelBubs
05-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Remember, Del, you cannot answer.

Well for f**ks (self censored,another one Ben :o ) sake, someone has to :lol: