PDA

View Full Version : Aurora & Jeffries in Weapon X #22(SPOILERS)

Phil
04-29-2004, 02:32 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

So, in this issue, Aurora, well - Jeanne-Marie, beats the crap out of the Director, dumps him and Jeffries in the desert and then flies off, leaving them there :D

I'm guessing she's a free agent now :D *cough*hintScott*cough*

Jeffries however remains brainwashed and loyal to the Director, and builds him an army of Sentinel/Boxbot hybrids... I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of him!

Ben
04-29-2004, 03:03 PM
One down, one to go! :) With the possibility of NS and Aurora freeing up, that would bode well for Uncanny AF if Scott gets his way :)

beetleblack
04-29-2004, 03:04 PM
*phew*

Thank goodness for that, I thought I was going to read that our beloved Aurora had been beaten to a pulp yet AGAIN! Is she very badly scarred?

Oh well, Aurora is free... Northstar is free... maybe it's time there was one of those famous "Because YOU demanded it!!!" slogans on the cover of Alpha Flight with a picture of the twins returning to the AF fold??

:)

Phil
04-29-2004, 03:46 PM
I was enjoying Aurora in Weapon X, Tieri managed to write her well IMO.

It was just a personality people were unaccustomed to.

Jeffries wasn't right since Vol.2 #12, so his current state again makes sense.

The problem with both in WX is that there is too large a cast for them to shine through.

So while I'm glad Aurora appears to have left, I'm kinda disappointed.

suzene
04-29-2004, 07:10 PM
I liked Aurora in Weapon X...she's the whole reason I started reading. That said, at least she got one frell of a satisfying exit. ;)

Suzene

Weapon Omega
04-29-2004, 10:48 PM
It's good to hear Aurora got away from Weapon X. Although, it sounds like I'm going to have to wait a little longer for Madison to come to his senses. He's my favorite member of Alpha Flight. He's been treated like a brainwashed lackey for too long in my opinion.

Ben
04-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Yes, Weapon Omega, I think that Jeffries is a little to tough to stay controlled for too long. He is my second favorite character, so I too would like to see him back in full action.

suzene
04-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Yes, Weapon Omega, I think that Jeffries is a little to tough to stay controlled for too long. He is my second favorite character, so I too would like to see him back in full action.

Look at it this way -- that pummeling that Aurora gave the Director when she slipped lead is going to look a love-tap when Jeffries gets free of his mind-control. You've got something really spectacular to look forward to. ;)

Suzene

Weapon Omega
05-02-2004, 11:15 PM
I'd love to see the scene when Jeffries "sticks" it to the director. I've just reread issue 28 of the Vol 1 series when Madison confronts Delphine Courtney. The Director better hope there's nothing made of Metal around when Madison "snaps" out of it!

I hopin' he ends up in the new Alpha series. He was such an integral part of the first series, with his powers, who wouldn't want him back in the Alpha fold?!?!?!

Weapon Omega
05-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Hey Ben:

Just outta curiosity, whose your favorite member of Alpha?? I know Madison's #2.

Ben
05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Sasquatch all the way :)

Ben

Weapon Omega
05-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Ben:

Sasquatch huh?? Honestly, for me it has to go, now this is top three:

1. Madison Jeffries (powers too underrated, an asset to any super-team)

2. Puck (in my opinion, the heart and soul of Alpha, next to Sasquatch of course)

3. Northstar (the arrogant jerk everyone can't stand but love, plus I've always been a sucker for "Speedsters")

P.S. When putting together the Wild Child Character Gallery, make sure to get some pics from the Jeff Matsuda run on X-Factor!! I really liked how Wild Child was illustrated. Just my opinion, keep up the great work. Top Notch Site!!!!

DelBubs
05-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Just got this. This new Aurora, seems very similar to the original, but with a lot more aggression. Not sure if this is a new personality or just an angry version of one we've seen before. It's gonna be interesting to see where she turns up next.

beetleblack
05-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Which issue is this btw, as I wouldn't mind taking a look?

Phil
05-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Duh me, sorry #22.

beetleblack
05-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Merci - as Aurora might say :wink:

kozzi24
05-08-2004, 12:32 AM
I tend to go to the source creator or the team that made a character possible when analyzing how a character has been used. In that analysis, It's not really strange that Madison has been brainwashed (1) so easily (2) so often and (3) so completely for the past years since Volume 2.
Byrne created a man who was a ditch digger because that was easier for him than dealing with his powers. I like Jeffries, but he's not a team leader, definitely a follower. The only time I did not like the character was when he was Mantlo's first mouthpiece for disdain of the original team. It's those scenes from Mantlo's run that exonerate Aurora in leaving her old teammate. Jeffries was NOT nice to her.
In further support, aspects of how he's been handled by almost all creators since fit the personality pattern. Heather took an interest in Madison, strong enough that they almost got married. Why didn't they? X-girlfriend Diamond Lil came back, and she fought harder than Heather did. Madison seemed to let other people make his life decisions. Lil wanted a honeymoon, Madison and Lil left Alpha.
Madison's assumption of the Box armor further demonstrates his desire to escape the powers. Jeffries as Box can do some neat things, but is essentially weaker than mutant Jeffries who can manipulate all non-biological matter. Madison Jeffries is as potentially powerful as Molecule Man.
Now, he doesn't resist being controlled, first by Zodiac, then by the Director. That's very consistent with someone who doesn't want the responsibility of his powers.
Don't go looking for Maddy to free himself and go rescue Lil. I think Lil will be freeing herself and rescuing Madison!

Weapon Omega
05-11-2004, 07:51 PM
kozzi:

I agree. I don't think it'll be a question of when will Madison "snap" out of it, as when someone will rescue Madison from the Director. For the record, I hated seeing Madison cower in fear in issue #22. He's my favorite Alphan! This is an injustice. IMO.

By the way, what was a really good synopsis of Madison's history!

Garry/Al-Fan
04-28-2005, 01:15 PM
My two additional cents (that's about all its worth, 'cause Kozzi says it all) is Madison's brother might have messed with his mind, way back when Lionel was supposed to have "cured himself" of insanity. :roll:

I liked the original conception of Madison (gravedigger not happy about his powers), but didn't particularly like the ease in which he disposed of OMEGA FLIGHT all by himself, thought he was exceptionally hard on Aurora (Madison wasn't even a true member of the team when he started bad-mouthing her) and did too many things that made AF dependent on him (redesigned Bochs' armor, used the remnants of the robot Delphine Courtney to make Heather's "Guardian" suit, damn near built/controlled everything in their Mansion headquarters, convinced just about all of Alpha Flight that Lionel was a-okay, took over Bochs' armor [does anybody besides me wonder when Madison decided to alter the DNA-acceptance-matrix-thingamagig to allow Madison to phase into BOX?], and became the strongest member on the team). #-o

I'm glad he was turned into a bad-guy by ZODIAC, but I didn't like him cowering in fear in Weapon X# 22. That just doesn't seem right, characterizationally. Madison is tougher than that.