PDA

View Full Version : Which Alpha Villian Would You Like To See Return??

HappyCanuck
05-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Simple enough question...

I would like to see Deadly Earnest return... he had great potential, plus, other than Puck speculating, there is NO proof he's dead... he was just chopped up then pummeled into peanut butter by the Montréal C-train... plus, it would give Nemesis a reason to be exists again...

Ben
05-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Bring on the Master! He's my fav AF vilain, and I think should be properly elevated to the Doom level.

I wouldn't mind seeing an other Dream Queen storyline, but written well. Mantlo made good characters, he just did stupid things with existing characters.

Ditto for Bedlam, though it would be tough to write his return.....

Phil
05-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm with Ben on The Master.

His use in Heroes For Hire and Avengers was nice in making him a Marvel Universe-centric villain, but he still needs more.

Other than that, The Secret Empire if they count.

HappyCanuck
05-01-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm with Ben on The Master.

His use in Heroes For Hire and Avengers was nice in making him a Marvel Universe-centric villain, but he still needs more.

Other than that, The Secret Empire if they count.

In my mind, the Secret Empire does count, but that's just me...

okay, who can tell me anything about TSE, asside from Wyre and Wild Child's involvement??

beetleblack
05-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Would love to see the DreamQueen return :) she's my favourite green haired b*tch!!!

Also I always had a soft spot for Gilded Lily and thought she was an interesting character, not sure how they would bring her back now but ANYTHING is possible.

syvalois
05-01-2004, 10:56 PM
I liked the Zodiac from vol 2 and would have loved to know what they were all about. I also like the DreamQueen except her last apparences,

DelBubs
05-02-2004, 09:08 AM
I'd like to see the Dreamqueen return, the best thing Mantlo ever did with AF. The Master is a good villian, but very generic. For a team like Alpha to have an almost unique adversary compared to other teams, could only be healthy for the team.

bigbloo
05-02-2004, 10:53 AM
I'd have to say that I want to see the Great Beasts again. They were very cool.

I love Gilded Lily, too, but I can't think of a way of bringing her back without having it sound dumb. She's been killed twice already... :?

DelBubs
05-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I'd have to say that I want to see the Great Beasts again. They were very cool.
I like the Great Beasts, but whoever bought them back in X-Man knew sod all about continuity. I thought they had been totally wiped out in AF, but then again death and Af never really mixed.

I love Gilded Lily, too, but I can't think of a way of bringing her back without having it sound dumb. She's been killed twice already... :?
Bringing her back would require someone with the imagination of Mantlo and the writing skills of Austen or Larsen :-)

beetleblack
05-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Re: Gilded Lily

Maybe when Bryne see's the error of his ways and comes back to Alpha Flight he will reboot her along with EVERYTHING else! :lol:

Major Mapleleaf Jr
05-02-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm with Sylvie on this one... I wanna see the Dreamqueen come back as well as the Zodiac.

Weapon Omega
05-02-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm going to have to say The Master. He's been an Alpha Foe since the beginning. Lobdell would have to find a great way to reintroduce him since Warbird offed him in the Avengers title. But hey, how many times has Magneto died and come back?

The Zodiac would be interesting. Ever since Vol. 2 ended I've always wondered what the Zodiac was going to use the Nth Projector for, What the heck was the Nth Projector suppose to do anyway?

Other than that, I wouldn't mind to see Alpha kick Diablo's tail at least one more time, but that's just me.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
05-02-2004, 08:11 PM
It doesn't matter what they were gonna use the Nth Projector for now, LOL, since it was stolen from them!

DelBubs
05-02-2004, 08:46 PM
In my mind, the Secret Empire does count, but that's just me...

okay, who can tell me anything about TSE, asside from Wyre and Wild Child's involvement??

I know very little apart from the involvement of Prof Power, which was thwarted by the New Defenders, many moons ago
http://marvelbook.topcities.com/nop/propower.htm . I would say they are very similar to Hydra and A.I.M. A silly organisation, devoted to world domination and Banjo playing.

Weapon Omega
05-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Who stole the Nth Projector? Was it the Weapon X project?

Syd
05-03-2004, 12:27 PM
I liked Deadly Earnest and Lilly also ... but for some reason I seem to be alone when I always want to return to Mr Jerry Jaxxon and his female side kick. I thought that the people that brought Mac down should have been explored to a greater degree.

beetleblack
05-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Delphine Courtney would have been an interesting character to keep bringing back, if just to see her Heather have an almighty catfight to end all catfights! I can't remember what actually became of her now, any ideas?

Prince
05-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Back to the Secret Empire. Weren't they also responsible for Charcoal the Thunderbolt? Seem to remember the Secret Empire involved in some Thunderbolts stories for a while.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
05-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Delphine Courtney would have been an interesting character to keep bringing back, if just to see her Heather have an almighty catfight to end all catfights! I can't remember what actually became of her now, any ideas?

I believe Madison Jeffries disassembled her... and that's an understatement.

DelBubs
05-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Back to the Secret Empire. Weren't they also responsible for Charcoal the Thunderbolt? Seem to remember the Secret Empire involved in some Thunderbolts stories for a while.
Yup, on the same website which has the Prof Power profile, there is also a piece about the Charcoal being a member of Brute Force, a team of super types created by the empire.

http://marvelbook.topcities.com/races/secretem.htm

HappyCanuck
05-05-2004, 12:11 AM
I believe Madison Jeffries disassembled her... and that's an understatement.

Not only did Maddy disassemble her, he changed her into Heather's Guardian outfit!

Major Mapleleaf Jr
05-05-2004, 12:23 AM
Really?! I had no idea... now THAT'S poetic justice! Since her geothermal suit was simply her Guardian suit post-modification, does that mean that she's still wearing one of her husband's killers on her body to this day?

Ahab
05-11-2004, 07:57 PM
The Dreamqueen by far had the most potential, in my mind, although the Master has becoming more formidable with every appearance. I wouldn't think that a sword through the gut would be enough to do this guy in. Who's to say that he hasn't reengineered his body to have a healing factor?
Bring back the Master, Scott!

Weapon Omega
05-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Come to think of it. A new incarnation of Omega Flight wouldn't be bad. Make them a group of formidable enemies not a group of third-tier villians like in vol. #1.

skullogeist
05-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Like others here, I'm a big fan of both Gilded Lily (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/gildli.htm)and the Zodiac (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/zodiacaf.htm) from Volume II. But since both Lillian von Loont (apparently killed in both ALPHA FLIGHT (vol. I) #21 and ALPHA FLIGHT ANNUAL #1) and the Zodiac (apparently killed in WEAPON X (vol. II) #1) seem to be among the dead for the time being (not that being dead in the Marvel Universe means anything), I'll go with someone who (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't need to be resurrected: CALIBER (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/caliberalphaflight.htm)!!

Sure, he's kind of a loser and probably wouldn't last very long on his own against the all new, all different Alpha Flight . . . but I could see Caliber in the role of a reluctant ally (but then, that's kind of the role Nemesis is playing right now -- so maybe Caliber would be redundant).

bigbloo
05-12-2004, 06:44 AM
How about Pink Pearl? :) Isn't she trying to reform? What better way than to join the new ANADAF?

HappyCanuck
05-12-2004, 06:48 AM
How about Pink Pearl? :) Isn't she trying to reform? What better way than to join the new ANADAF?

LOL, it would be interesting to see Pearl back... but I don't think she fits in with AF (literally!)

beetleblack
05-12-2004, 03:34 PM
I actually think that Pink Pearl would be FAB in the new series as a team member!!!!

Also imagine what might happen if Aurora ever came back to the team - CATFIGHT!!!!

*ahem*

PWalk
05-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Call me old school but I'd love to see another all out bash with just Tundra. That whole battle from Vol 1 #1 made me the Alpha nut that I am today.

beetleblack
05-13-2004, 06:33 AM
Pink Pearl vs Tundra - no contest, Pink Pearl would single handedly win hands down!

Richv1
06-01-2004, 08:36 PM
How about Scramble. With his flesh cntrolling ability he is formitable. Can you imagine him combining all the new members into one thing. Or how about Nemesis and Major Maple Leaf into one person?

Ben
06-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, Brining Scramble back would be a tough job...as he's been blown to pieces, and the last enxymes extracted from his remains were used to restore Puck to his small form.

Ben

beetleblack
06-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Maybe he could have had a secret son? I think however that the impact of this would only work if they bought Madison Jefferies back to the title and as he's a bit busy in 'Weapon X' at the moment that might be some time in coming.

kozzi24
06-02-2004, 08:51 AM
By nature of his powers, I think Scramble could be reqasonably brought back, especially after so much time for needing to regenerate himself from one little piece the Master might have missed.

ladymako71
06-02-2004, 08:59 AM
okay again I plead ignorance but wasn't Lil a villian there for a while before switching sides and joining the team? and if so...what happened after the wedding? o.O

jay042
06-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Whatever happend to Liefeld Flight (aka Weapon Prime)?

maniac mike
06-02-2004, 02:02 PM
They're in Marvel limbo right now. Their last appearnce was the Northstar limited series and that was back in '94. :roll:

syvalois
06-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Whatever happend to Liefeld Flight (aka Weapon Prime)?

I just hope we never see weapon prime again or most of what is related to Liefeld.

As for scramble, I think some stuff should stay dead and scramble is one of those.

beetleblack
06-02-2004, 05:15 PM
okay again I plead ignorance but wasn't Lil a villian there for a while before switching sides and joining the team? and if so...what happened after the wedding? o.O

Poor Lil, so misunderstood... anyway, she was part of Omega Flight who were partly responsible for the 'death' of Mac Hudson (the first time), she was rehabilitated and released on the understanding that she join up with Gamma Flight when they were formed, she decided to stick with Alpha however mainly due to her old flame Madison Jefferies being part of the team.

Phil
06-02-2004, 05:55 PM
I just hope we never see weapon prime again or most of what is related to Liefeld.

So, Sylvie wont be picking up X-Force #1 in August then, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

beetleblack
06-02-2004, 06:12 PM

Yeah, cos we need another X-Title like a hole in the head... *sigh*...

[beetleblack hurriedly adds it to his list]

*ahem*

;)

Weapon Prime deserve to be in limbo, they just seemed so badly constructed.

syvalois
06-02-2004, 07:54 PM

better die thna do that!!! Never! Even with torture I will not buy it! Everything touched by Liefield is evil! Only some others did something good with his character, but they had to work hard to achieved this. No I will never buy X-Force, NEVER!!!!
:D

kozzi24
06-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Where did WEAPON PRIME first appear? I always thought the Northstar series was their first appearance.
The indication Liefeld helped create them does explain why they came off so cheap and disposable.

Phil
06-03-2004, 11:35 AM
X-Force #11 June 1992, although the original members were Grizzly, Yeti, GW Bridge, Rictor and Tigerstrike.

ladymako71
06-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah I saw the previews for the new X-Force title and cringed... Love the characters, LOVED them when Fabian was writing them, loved a few threads Fabian left hanging...that other authors conviently dropped...grr..

But my thing is...Weapon Prime. (and I won't go into ranty pants mode now) Uh they weren't Canadian exclusive if I recall...I know a lot of Mexicans migrate north but that far north? lol So Weapon Prime is definitely in limbo right? Marvel can't be that hard up to punish us. <=)

jay042
06-03-2004, 02:23 PM
I want to see Weapon Prime mostly for an encounter between Guardian and Tigerstrike. I can imagine Mac knows a few more tricks about the battle suit design than TS does.

HappyCanuck
06-03-2004, 10:11 PM
I know a lot of Mexicans migrate north but that far north?

Actually, on that note, you'd be REALLY surprised. The last Citizenship ceremony I saw in Yellowknife (whereby foreigners are made Canadian citizens) out of the roughly 50 people in attendance, 30 were from Latin America. (The other 20 were mostly Asian). That was in 2000.

kozzi24
06-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Wow. I have the full run of X-Force. I guess that shows how forgettable PRIME was, but maybe them having Bridge and Rictor just clouded it. Double Trouble and Killspree were no great feat on Simon Furman's part, however. They really came across as a copycat Alpha, although I thought Yeti could be made interesting if differentiated from Sasquatch enough.
Tigerstrike vs Guardian? Heather knew Tigerstrike's first name in the Northstar appearance if I recall, so I don't think they'd be total strangers.

Garry/Al-Fan
04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I hope Nightmare or DreamQueen are shown to be one of the causes of AF's messed-up continuity.

kozzi24
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I hope Nightmare or DreamQueen are shown to be one of the causes of AF's messed-up continuity.
Espouse my theory again, lol.
You don't even need them. All of Volume 3 was Sasquatch's dreams of leadership, and the last panels of issue 12 are Walt's subconscious telling him one reason why Mac Heather and Michael are better leadership choices than Walt himself is
To quote Delany's theory in Jewels of Aptor use the simplest theory that covers all the facts

Barnacle13
04-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Right about now I'd settle for Pink Pearl and Miss Mass teaming up against Alpha Flight. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd certainly settle. The best villains Alpha had were: The Great Beasts (both external and internal conflict), The Dream Queen, The Master, and Omega Flight I. I'd love to see Alpha Flight match up against an Omega lead by Maddison Jefferies. He'd make short work of Mac's suit. Throw in Murmur, Manbot, and a few other and let the battle begin.