PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony

Phil
05-08-2004, 04:36 PM
http://www.mlbw.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=4094

HappyCanuck
05-08-2004, 08:13 PM

:shock: .... Okay, that's just wrong on soo many levels...

DelBubs
05-08-2004, 08:22 PM

Phil, please tell me you stumbled across this by accident. If not, could you show us what avatar you use there, so we can find out which pony your in love with ;-)

Phil
05-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Heh, Gail Simone pointed it out to me :P

Check her reply about Birds of Prey.

beetleblack
05-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Who knew of this odd combination.

My Little Pony + Super Heroes = ????

Well, I'm still trying to work out what it equals. Maybe 'weirdness' would be a good answer...

I like the poster who has a pic of a guy in her signature and the words "It's Zettie, my future husband!" - I have a feeling that guy has NO idea this is his destiny. Oh to be loved by a My Little Pony collector... I would imagine sex might be quite difficult, trying to perform in a room with MLPs staring down at you from all the shelves... *shudder*

Btw, is it a sign that you're getting old when you remember these toys from the first time around?

HappyCanuck
05-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Heh, Gail Simone pointed it out to me :P

Check her reply about Birds of Prey.

Speaking of Gail Simone, I just read an odd article in Wizard #151 that kinda ties into this thread...

__________________________________________________ _______

SHAKE AND BAKE
Gail Simone cooks up 'EZ Bake Oven' comic

Todd Casey - Wizard #151, April, 2004, pg. 17

The baking may be easy, but it's the sell that hard.

Writer Gail Simone (Birds of Prey) is currently shopping around an idea for al all-ages comic intended to hook young female readers by focusing on girls' toy properties - beginning with the classic EZ Bake Oven.

"Robot toy comics are fine, He-Man, Thundercats, whatever," said Simone. "EZ Bake has them all beat. For 40 years they've been selling this to 20 million delighted girls [and effeminate boys] trying to make tiny sugar cookies with a hot metal tray and a warm light bulb."

Simone has no plans to anthropomorphize the beloved oven or make it into any kind of Transformer, but will instead focus on the children who utilize it, in the same vein as hi-concept adventure comics like H-E-R-O and 100 Bullets[i/].

"[It's] sort of a cross between [i] Li'l Archie and Iron Wok Jan," Simone said. "Twin girls, devoted in their love of bulb-warmed snacks, but divided by a tragic switch at birth, find each other, and the meaning of family, at the great EZ Bake Cook-off in New York. And one twin is evil, and makes tine rum cakes."

"People complain about the same old comics," Simone said. "Well, how about a comic that's compelling to read AND teaches you to make mini-Pokémon cupcakes? You don't get THAT from The Authority!"
__________________________________________________ _______

All I can say is, 'NOPE!! Nothing like the Authority, that's for sure!'

(God, I hope she's joking...)

Phil
05-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Check the month of publication Allan :P

Major Mapleleaf Jr
05-09-2004, 08:23 AM
There was no MLP made up to look like Thunder. This saddens me. :lol:

HappyCanuck
05-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Check the month of publication Allan :P

.... That's what I was hoping, that it would be an April Fool's joke...

It's not. I've since found two articles (sorry, I shut down IE before looking at the URL - I am a stupid, stupid man - but they are well-credible sites), and both CONFIRM this. Tho' it's safe to assume SOME of what she said was humour (this is, after all, Wizard Magazine... they make jokes in ALL their articles).

8-[ ...I'm Scared... 8-[

Major Mapleleaf Jr
05-09-2004, 08:33 AM
And you know what the sad part about this is? This could actually become an oddball success, and then we'd be stuck with it. I hope Gail had just forgotten to take her medication that day, because if she were even half-serious, I think I'd have to slap her silly. (Or sillier, as the case may be.)

Phil
05-09-2004, 05:22 PM
I'd imagine that Gail, being the extremely witty woman she is, was just messing about for the wizard interview, and then just carry it on in some other interviews as a running gag.

beetleblack
05-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Looking forward to her run on The Legion - maybe Saturn Girl and Shrinking Violet (okay, I know she's dropped the 'Shrinking' but, but she'll always be Shrinking Violet to me!) will have a EZ Bake Cook-off???

:wink:

ladymako71
05-15-2004, 01:54 AM

oh cripes and I just woke up not to long ago. o.O