It's up @ http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/060304/af4cvr.html

Wohoo! enjoy!

Ben

HappyCanuck
05-26-2004, 08:19 PM
It's up @ http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/060304/af4cvr.html

Wohoo! enjoy!

Ben

OOOH!! a NEW, darker version of the orig MML!!

DelBubs
05-26-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm hooked already, some depth to both Major Mapleleafs and specualtion as to why he felt the need to slap his kids and what bearing does that have on the new MML being so willing to please and prove his worth.

SwiftFox
05-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Damn.... Nemesis is a hottie!

bigbloo
05-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Wow!

What a great first page! A nod to Walt's gridiron past, Yukon Jack was stabbed? Is he a zombie? Nem out of costume! Centennial was a ganster??? Puck abandoned Zusha?! So he does know that he has a daughter. Was this during his "Outcasts" time? Did he have to leave coz he was going to prison?

I cant wait to read this!!!!

Ben
05-27-2004, 12:03 AM
I was also thinking that it looks like Yukon Jack is stabbed. Not a zombie, I don't think, but we know his race isn't a normal mortal tribe. Perhaps they have some sort of regerative ability that keeps them living, some more so than others (Like YJ and his father).

The pic of Nemesis looks old, maybe from before she turned into what she is now...

Look closely at the pic of Centennial. He's got a badge on his belt. He looks like a cop, from the dirty thirties. Fighting organized crime.

As for Judd...it implies he was "forced" to abandon her...so possibly when he went to jail, the timing would seem to be correct.

I'm with you Bloo, it's got my mouth watering for more! =P~ And we gotta wait a whole week!! :cry:

kozzi24
05-27-2004, 01:43 AM
I leafed through the copy at my store's (Wildtime Comics, Attleboro, Massachusetts) advance look pile. The issue looks like an improvement over #3.
As far as Mapleleaf Senior, I always assumed all his angst over Michael's death was possibly because Michael came out and Dad shunned him for it, and that very possibly, they never reconciled before Michael died.
And if Dad has told the kids REPEATEDLY not to rummage through other people's things, then (politically incorrect here) a slap and spankin' ain't out of order!

ladymako71
05-27-2004, 03:43 AM
whoa. I saw the boxes heading to comic book shops last night at work... I get happy when I see those now. lol

Adam
05-27-2004, 10:20 PM
I like the quick change of mood between the page with Mapleleaf Sr and Hitler (which I can't stop laughing at) and the scene of him smacking his kid around. Adding some emotional weight to the new characters is wise. Hopefully stuff like this will dispel the perception among some reviews that this is a comedy-book...

jay042
05-27-2004, 11:33 PM
While I appreciate adding some more details into the origins of the new team, is it really wise to stick this in so early in the series? The Plodex origin makes sense, to help explain who the team is fighting, but pulling out the origin story right here in the middle of a larger story just sort of smacks of filler.

Adam
05-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Well I guess we'll have to wait and see what follows these four pages, but I think marvel's 6-issue arcs definitely suffer from that.

kozzi24
05-28-2004, 10:22 AM
From my leaf-through of th epreview, Scott touches on backgrounds of all the characters, and the pacing is much better than #3's.

ladymako71
05-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I want this already! the four page previews are driving me nuts!

Weapon Omega
05-30-2004, 10:45 PM
The shot of The Invaders was great! Lobdell's really fleshing out the characters before the final showdown with the Plodex. This series keeps getting better.

Ben
06-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Now, some sites say #4 is out today...and others say it's out tomorrow...Which is it?

Ben

Phil
06-02-2004, 01:23 PM
It should have been out today, but because Monday was a holiday it's tomorrow.

So Friday for me :cry:

Ben
06-02-2004, 01:38 PM
That's what I thought :x no fair! stoopid holiday!

Ben

ladymako71
06-02-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah and it wasn't even a holiday in either of you two's coutry that's slowing down output.

syvalois
06-02-2004, 04:55 PM
what holiday? for what reason?

Adam
06-02-2004, 06:12 PM
My local shop had it today. We're in Canada of course so it dosen't look like the US holiday changed anything.

I've only run through it once but you should all be pretty happy. Many of the new Alphans display some abilities we didn't know they had. I wont spoil more than that unless it's requested.

adam

SwiftFox
06-02-2004, 07:13 PM

It was Memorial Day for the Americans Sylvie.

But not for us!! I got my AF #4 Woo hoo!! You should see the scene where ***** uses a ****** and then ***** doesn't ****** the ******.

:P

Phil
06-02-2004, 07:44 PM
I've set up a thread in the Alpha Talk forum for spoilers and discussion of said issue to keep this one for people who haven't read it.

syvalois
06-02-2004, 07:59 PM

It was Memorial Day for the Americans Sylvie.

But not for us!! I got my AF #4 Woo hoo!! You should see the scene where ***** uses a ****** and then ***** doesn't ****** the ******.

:P

thanks, do you know why that particular date? I'm just curious or I've already asked the question but I can't remember :-k 8-[

Anyway, last time I looked at it, comics where printed in Québec, So maybe that's why an american holiday would affect us, non?

SwiftFox
06-02-2004, 08:50 PM
thanks, do you know why that particular date? I'm just curious or I've already asked the question but I can't remember :-k 8-[

It is the last Monday and in May (which I just learned) there seems to be no specific reason for the date... especial since the site I found it on had about 5 different origins for the day. The day was originally to honour those who died in the cilvil war but after WW1 was changed to honour Americans killed in any war.

Ben
06-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Aw crud! I walked right by the comic store on my way to my class tonight :( I didn't bother stopping in because I didn't think it would be in 'till tomorrow :( I'm gonna go and cry now! :(

Ben

ladymako71
06-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Aw crud! I walked right by the comic store on my way to my class tonight :( I didn't bother stopping in because I didn't think it would be in 'till tomorrow :( I'm gonna go and cry now! :(

Do you need a hug? If it makes you feel any better you'll get it before I do, I can't hit the comic shop until Saturday...

kozzi24
06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Memorial Day is in May because that's a handy place to have a holiday. It's generally regarded as the start of summer. We Americans like our holidays spread out for break from work purposes (My understanding during my trips to UK was that you get much more general vacation time from woek than we do, so we take all the smaller breaks we can.

ladymako71
06-03-2004, 01:45 PM
yep all the American resident otaku no Alpha Flight should be getting #4 today. I saw the boxes from Diamond Distributors heading to the various trucks that service comic book shops at work last night (real early this morning)

ladymako71
06-05-2004, 11:41 AM
LOL It's out...no matter where you live now, it be out.