PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Flight Action Figures

SwiftFox
05-31-2004, 08:42 AM
For anyone interested, I came across these while looking for comics....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5901584337&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

ladymako71
05-31-2004, 01:45 PM
if the bidder is who I think it is... ;) then you'll be happy to know that I have dealt with this bunch (the seller) before and am very happy. =)

SwiftFox
05-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Not hard to figure out who the bidder is huh? :)

However this should not divert anyone from bidding... don't feel bad about "stealing" them away from me... I DID share this after all... I bidded on impulse... not even sure if I really want them... LOL

Ben
05-31-2004, 10:29 PM
How could you not want 'em? I love mine! Just make sure that if you get them, you play with 'em :)

Ben

Not hard to figure out who the bidder is huh? :)

However this should not divert anyone from bidding... don't feel bad about "stealing" them away from me... I DID share this after all... I bidded on impulse... not even sure if I really want them... LOL

SwiftFox
05-31-2004, 10:50 PM
How could you not want 'em? I love mine!

Well I suppose they're not that much... I've just been Ebay crazy this weekend... this is my fifth auction since thursday... I do wish it was Guardian and not Vindicator though....

Just make sure that if you get them, you play with 'em :)

Don't worry, there's no doubt of that. Too bad I don't have the skill of those people who make their own action figures... I'd make all the Alpha Flight characters and do a monthly web show, issue by issue :)

Ben
05-31-2004, 10:54 PM
I always thought it would be cool if someone had the time and patience to do something like that. Even if someone wanted to make stories with the existing figures, it would be cool!

I've seen the Guardian figure on ebay quite a bit, I'm sure you can find it for a good deel if you take your time :)

Ben

beetleblack
06-01-2004, 05:21 AM
eBay can be so very addictive. Good to know that you actually intend to play with the figures when you get them, I don't see the point of having them if you're just going to keep them MOC, they are meant to be played with after all.

Good luck with the auction :)

SwiftFox
06-01-2004, 08:18 AM
eBay can be so very addictive.

Yes.... very much so.

Good to know that you actually intend to play with the figures when you get them, I don't see the point of having them if you're just going to keep them MOC, they are meant to be played with after all.

Yeah I never quite understand that. "But they're worth a hundred dollars this way." "Are you going to sell them?" "No." *sigh*

Good luck with the auction :)

Thanks!

beetleblack
06-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Yeah I never quite understand that. "But they're worth a hundred dollars this way." "Are you going to sell them?" "No." *sigh*

Which is the exact same 'discussion' I have with the boyf over his damn He-Men figures! Only he has lose AND carded *sigh*

I think it's a shame that Aurora and Snowbird don't have real hair :(

SwiftFox
06-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Which is the exact same 'discussion' I have with the boyf over his damn He-Men figures! Only he has lose AND carded *sigh*

Wow... THAT is bad...

I think it's a shame that Aurora and Snowbird don't have real hair :(

I dunno... I found the real hair can seem kinda... I dunno... crappy... Besides it would make me feel like I had barbies or something :P

SwiftFox
06-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Well I've been Ebay crazy of late...

- Won my AF figures ($15.00 US)
- Vol 1 ishes 1-28 ($14.50 US)
- What if 59 ($1.00)
- AF Special ($1.00)
- AF Vol 2 (1-20, Annual, Flashback, extra copies of ish 2 including variant cover) ($25.00 AU)

Then a few non-AF things too (X-men hardcover book 'Wizard's top ten X-men stories of all time' - $15.50 US, and the Slayers Complete DVD set $49.95 US)
.... must stop bidding.... but the prices are so good....

PWalk
06-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Ebay is a dangerous thing. Congrats on your win.

As far as figures go I only need the Wizard exclusive of Guardian in the original colors and the AF collection is complete.

SwiftFox
06-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Well I got my figures today...and well... I'm sorta dissapointed. They're a little smallish and not very articulated... and the plastic seems cheap. But then I guess that is along the lines of the figures that they were putting out then (and some of the cheaper ones that they still put out)

I think I may have to lop off the heads and make new bodies for them. Especially since my Guardian is much bigger ..... like the same height as Sas. (Puck comes up Guardian's knee!!! lol)

And is it just me or was Vindicator a last minute addition?? No box art, not on the 'motion card'...

beetleblack
06-15-2004, 07:40 PM
I believe the AF figures were notoriously cheap looking which is a bit of shame. It would be cool if they issued a whole new set with all of the Alphans included this time... oh well, we can dream I suppose :)