PDA

View Full Version : Gay Superheroes

Northstars Love
06-08-2004, 05:49 AM
Welcome aboard, Northstar's Love, I just hope we aren't going to come to blows over JP's affections that's all :wink:

Cue catfight!

LOL! Actually, I'm sure there's enough of him to go around. Although, as of late, he'd prefer Bobby. :(

Bobby is too frigid for you my dear JP. *throws his arms around Northie* drools......

Richv1
06-08-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't think Northstar is interested in anyone unless they are male. Are there any lesbian super-heroes I know Poison Ivy is but she's a villian. And Harley is by.

beetleblack
06-08-2004, 06:54 PM
There are probably much more lesbians in comic-don than there are gay men.

Here's a link if you want to find out more:

http://www.gayleague.com/gay/characters/index.php

kozzi24
06-09-2004, 12:35 AM
The link's not very accurate. Mystique and Destiny not on the list, Sasquatch should have been under transgendered and/or fixed due to the Wanda episode. There wasn't much left uncertain in Walt's early days.

beetleblack
06-09-2004, 06:39 AM
Mystique and Destiny are listed as bisexual (the left hand list). And yes, it's not a complete list and not sure when it was last updated, but there are a few omissions on there including Kate Godwin from Rachel Pollack's run on Doom Patrol who was a bisexual transexual.

kozzi24
06-09-2004, 08:41 AM
oh yeah. I only looked quick and looked under mystique. The heading of both was probably too long for a quick scan.

Richv1
06-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Yes Mystique is definitely bi as she has slept with Wolverine before and other males. And since she has a son Nightcrawler at least last I heard he still was her son.

HappyCanuck
06-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Yes Mystique is definitely bi as she has slept with Wolverine before and other males. And since she has a son Nightcrawler at least last I heard he still was her son.

It's been proven that Mystique has slept with at LEAST three men: Baron Wagner, Azazel (both of whom are at some point claimed to be Kurt's daddy), and Victor Creed - Sabretooth (Mommy and Daddy-Dearest of 'Friends of Humanity' founder and once-Presidental Elect Graydon Creed - with parents like that, is there any WONDER why Graydon became a card-wielding mutant-hater??) However, her relationship with Irene has never been explained, only alluded to (not saying it's not possible, just that nothing concrete has been issued.

Richv1
06-09-2004, 08:04 PM
I think Mystique looked at Irene as more of her best friend or even sister than as a lover. Mystique may have slept with those 3 guys but she did sleep with Wolverine as well.

beetleblack
06-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Mmmmm, Sabretooth and Wolverine... *ahem*

Let's face it Mystique's easy... and lucky!

;)

I tend to agree with you about her relationship with Destiny, I always saw them as best friends, and more a mother/daughter relationship than anything else. Perhaps more to do with the age difference (wasn't Destiny considerably older than Mystique?).

syvalois
06-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Mystic is a shape shifter, she may not look her age. Do we really know how old she is? and to have Nightcrawler and Graydon Creed as children, that put her older than she looks.

kozzi24
06-10-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure it was always Claremont's intent for the two to be a c ouple, why I actually checked for them specifically on the link.

HappyCanuck
06-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Mystic is a shape shifter, she may not look her age. Do we really know how old she is? and to have Nightcrawler and Graydon Creed as children, that put her older than she looks.

During the early issues of X-Treme X-Men as well as a couple times in the issues of X-Men that led up to XXM (about 106 - 109 of X-Men), they showed a couple flashback scenes involving Raven and Irene. In a few of them, they were dressed as 'ladies' during the first two decades of the 20th century (corsets and hoops skirts and all that fine stuff). That makes BOTH of them older than they appear (Irene looked to be in her late 20's, early 30's). Basically, in age, it would seem that Mystique ranks up there with Logan, Creed and Eugene in that looks can be decieving (which is EXACTLY what Mystique does for a living, so it makes sence).

... now for those of you who had problems following that train of thought, here's an excuse: I've been up for almost 20 hours at the time I post this msg. I have just got off work (I work graveyards at a restaurant), so please bear with me and my prattling.

ladymako71
06-10-2004, 03:24 PM
... now for those of you who had problems following that train of thought, here's an excuse: I've been up for almost 20 hours at the time I post this msg. I have just got off work (I work graveyards at a restaurant), so please bear with me and my prattling.

Well the train of thought makes perfect sense...now if you ever bothered to sleep any, you wouldn't have to worry about sounding completely off kilter! lol gotobed!

Richv1
06-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Logan, Creed, Eugene, Mystique all look younger than they are but how many others do to? Is The Native? I wonder how old Immortal Man is? Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister are both older than they look.