PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory

DelBubs
06-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Eskey and Gerrard, god bless ya, 89.30 minutes 1-0 for f**ks sake. 1-2 at full time, god I'm pissed off.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :(

OH AND BECKHAM, IF YOU CAN"T HIT THE NET FROM 12 YARDS AGAINST THAT MUPPET THEN YOU SHOULD GET ON YOUR SCOOTER AND SOD OFF !!!!!

Phil
06-13-2004, 06:02 PM
.................................................. ...........................

beetleblack
06-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Oh dear, I think this is about football, I recognise the name Beckham - even though the man himself probably doesn't :wink:

So who won and who were we playing? If we get knocked out does that mean they won't show the rest of the matches on TV???

DelBubs
06-13-2004, 06:19 PM
England gets wasted by the All Blacks at Dunedin, Timbo takes an early bath, Jensen not even getting a podium and tonights debacle. Thank god for Vaughn and the lads.

:oops: :oops:

Phil
06-13-2004, 06:24 PM
.................................................. ....

beetleblack
06-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Cripes, it's like a foreign language to me!

Phil
06-13-2004, 06:28 PM

DelBubs
06-13-2004, 06:31 PM
So who won and who were we playing? If we get knocked out does that mean they won't show the rest of the matches on TV???

Basically, four groups of four teams. Three matches each, so all teams in a group play each other once. Three points for a win, one for a draw. Top two from each group at this stage go tthrough to the quarter finals.

England were leading France 1-0 with 2 and a half minutes to go. Then Eskey gave away a free kick right outside our area and Zidane scored. Then Gerrard plays a back pass to the keeper, who in his haste to get the ball, knocks a French striker Arse over Tit. Penalty to France, goal #2 by Zidane. Game over.

We can still get through to the quarter finals, if we can get the players to pick their jaws off the ground. They looked like mugging victims. Matches will stay on the box even if we go out the comp.

beetleblack
06-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Lalalalalala la la la lalalalalalalala

*beetle sits back and thinks of kittens and flowers and chocolate*

Phil
06-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Lalalalalala la la la lalalalalalalala

*beetle sits back and thinks of kittens and flowers and chocolate*

Heh, that reminds me of a link.... I can't post it here though....

DelBubs
06-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Some little scrote has just had it away on his toes with the England flag that was hanging by my front door. Surprised he bloody wanted it :-)

syvalois
06-13-2004, 11:12 PM
At least in F1, I think your favorite, Del, Button is now 3rd, thanks to the disqualification of williams and renaud.

ladymako71
06-14-2004, 03:08 AM
England gets wasted by the All Blacks at Dunedin,...*extra stuff ladeda*

YAY!

:D

ladymako71
06-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Cripes, it's like a foreign language to me!

You and me both mate....Football/Soccer or whatever the bloody hell it's called is the only 'football' I don't follow.

DelBubs
06-14-2004, 05:10 AM
At least in F1, I think your favorite, Del, Button is now 3rd, thanks to the disqualification of williams and renaud.
Thanks for highlighting that Sylvie. First I'd heard of it, but I lost all interest in the sports news after that England debacle. However I checked on teletext and Williams and Toyota got disqualified for having illegal brake ducts. Gotta admit I was confused by William's pace, now we know. Still it didn't stop Ferrari, yet again.

PWalk
06-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Griffey's on his way to 500! He's sitting at 499 after the weekend. Phil's beat the Twins 2-1 in the Dome on Sunday. McCoo runs for 160 yards as Berlin beats Frankfurt for the title. McCoo has Eagles fans salivating after his regular season MVP performance.

Sorry but I had to try a yank's version of the original post.

ladymako71
06-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Griffey's on his way to 500! He's sitting at 499 after the weekend. Phil's beat the Twins 2-1 in the Dome on Sunday. McCoo runs for 160 yards as Berlin beats Frankfurt for the title. McCoo has Eagles fans salivating after his regular season MVP performance.

Sorry but I had to try a yank's version of the original post.

LOL My thanks for not mentioning bloody Barry Bonds...I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about that tosser.

DelBubs
06-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Now that was better, England 3 Switzerland 0. Poor Swiss geezer with fiery bum gets sent of and why not, shouldn't have made Steven Gerrard cry. At some points during the game we actually played proper football, but too much time was spent just giving the ball back to the Swiss, just cos they have a crap team don't make them a charity case.

Now for the Croatians :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

ladymako71
06-17-2004, 03:12 PM
I dunno...the Croatians have been known to have their moments there, sunshine.

And come on! The Swiss? The biggest pack of pacifists on the planet? They aren't violent enough for sports ;)

DelBubs
06-17-2004, 03:22 PM
The Swiss, not violent ? They've had a player sent off in each match. Nastiest pacifists I've ever heard off. As for the Croatians, I shall see what France does to them tonight and then comment :-)

ladymako71
06-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Yer on a footy binge I take it?

DelBubs
06-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Aye, our tv is inundated with soccer, it's either that or Big Brother :shock:

Phil
06-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ladymako71
06-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Oh c'mon Phil, cheer up! They won. =p

</sarcasm>

DelBubs
06-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Phil is as you can see, very happy. This is a good thing cos no more local breweries will go out of business and Wolverhampton will once again take it's place as the chief financial capital of the UK. Or not as the case may be.

ladymako71
06-17-2004, 03:49 PM
oh god...that brings back the nightmares of the numerous brewery strikes in Aussie. *shudders*

DelBubs
06-17-2004, 06:43 PM
oh god...that brings back the nightmares of the numerous brewery strikes in Aussie. *shudders*
Berwery strikes, hush now, we don't want to be talking of such things around these parts :wink:

As for the rest of the footie, bit of a surprise and not in the script, Croatia drew 2 - 2 with France, adds some spice to the England Croatia match.

beetleblack
06-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Berwery strikes, hush now, we don't want to be talking of such things around these parts :wink:

As for the rest of the footie, bit of a surprise and not in the script, Croatia drew 2 - 2 with France, adds some spice to the England Croatia match.

Well, that's all well and good but did you see the fight in Big Brother???

DelBubs
06-18-2004, 04:17 AM
I didn't see the fight, but my kids are talking about it. They had to get security in there at four in the morning or somthing. Plus I saw pics of the damage the kitchen sustained, so all in all, 11 normal joe public types :-)

http://www.wl015c7160.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BB5_fight.wmv

JohnnyCanuck
06-19-2004, 01:00 AM
....and just what does any of this have to do with hockey??????

ladymako71
06-19-2004, 01:10 AM
....and just what does any of this have to do with hockey??????

LOLOL

Oh don't make me cry. A few of the boys had to put up with me not taking game 7 to well....who let florida have a team in the first place?

JohnnyCanuck
06-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Hmmmmmm??
I seemed to have rather enjoyed game seven.

And those bastards got two teams.

ladymako71
06-19-2004, 01:27 AM
Hmmmmmm??
I seemed to have rather enjoyed game seven.

And those bastards got two teams.

Oh I loved the game until the end when it came out with Tampa on top...bastards! Ahem anyhoo, there's always next year for a chance for a canuck team to bring it up north again...and I can go back to hoping it's Montreal ^^

JohnnyCanuck
06-19-2004, 01:39 AM
Oh I loved the game until the end when it came out with Tampa on top...bastards! Ahem anyhoo, there's always next year for a chance for a canuck team to bring it up north again...and I can go back to hoping it's Montreal ^^

Montreal needs a goalie who's consistent.
So does my team (Canucks) , also they better hope Bertuzzi can come back.

syvalois
06-19-2004, 08:32 AM
well, it's seems that théodore had death threat for the last game. It came out sometimes ago and the police and everything took the threat seriously. Well, considering that his family is prbably involve in deep s***** with the bikers(motards) Hells ANgels to be precise, I see why.

And I do not think it's only theodore fault, the rest of the team should do their work too.

DelBubs
06-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Did you see that shot by Rooney, you ****ing beauty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ladymako71
06-21-2004, 11:40 PM
well, it's seems that théodore had death threat for the last game. It came out sometimes ago and the police and everything took the threat seriously. Well, considering that his family is prbably involve in deep s***** with the bikers(motards) Hells ANgels to be precise, I see why.

And I do not think it's only theodore fault, the rest of the team should do their work too.

I didn't hear about the death threats. =/ And you're right, the rest of them could have picked up the slack as well. Théodore did remarkably well all things considered and shouldn't be the only one to take the blame for the Canadiens loosing.

JohnnyCanuck
06-22-2004, 12:53 AM

I didn't hear about the death threats. =/ And you're right, the rest of them could have picked up the slack as well. Théodore did remarkably well all things considered and shouldn't be the only one to take the blame for the Canadiens loosing.

I heard nothing of death threats either. However , though the team is completely responsible for the loss, Theodore is an overrated goalie.
The smaller pads will separate the boys from the men.

syvalois
06-22-2004, 10:10 AM
We heard it in the news in may, it was hard to miss, but I live just beside Montréal and everyone kow how much we are fanatics of Hockey, non?

ladymako71
06-22-2004, 01:56 PM
We heard it in the news in may, it was hard to miss, but I live just beside Montréal and everyone kow how much we are fanatics of Hockey, non?

Ahhh...see we didn't hear squat except about that moron from the St Louis Blues arrested for murder for hire conspiracy.

And hockey fanatics? In Canada? Really? who'd a thunk it? ;)

syvalois
06-22-2004, 11:07 PM
http://lcn.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/archives/2004/05/20040524-190254.html

If you don't believe me, here is a link that would tell you th estory. Ok, it's in french but I did not find a link in french, sorry.

JohnnyCanuck
06-23-2004, 12:49 AM

Ahhh...see we didn't hear squat except about that moron from the St Louis Blues arrested for murder for hire conspiracy.

And hockey fanatics? In Canada? Really? who'd a thunk it? ;)

Well mostly just Toronto and Montreal. Every other team is on the verge of collapse.

SwiftFox
06-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Ok, it's in french

For those of you who prefer english :P

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040525/SLAHI24/National/Idx

syvalois
06-23-2004, 08:26 AM
For those of you who prefer english :P

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040525/SLAHI24/National/Idx

Thank you, I could not find it in english, sorry. :oops: Only you Swifty could saved the situation!! {guardian2} :-({|=

ladymako71
06-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Damn. Reminds me of the Venezuelian goalie who was bumped off a few years ago after only being home less then 24 hours after missing a save that won the match for the other team in the football World Cup. =/

DelBubs
06-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Damn. Reminds me of the Venezuelian goalie who was bumped off a few years ago after only being home less then 24 hours after missing a save that won the match for the other team in the football World Cup. =/
That was a lot to do with the Columbian drug cartels who were trying to launder money through a betting coup, it was a Columbian striker who missed a sitter and got blown away when the team got back to Bogota.

During the 98 world cup, Bavid Beckham got sent off during a match with Argentina. It was a petulant foul on a player who was goading him. He was villified by the press and an effigy was hung up from a lamp post. Threats were made against little Brooklyn and crude comments were made, even during English matches. Every ground he went too he copped ****. There was even talk of him going abroad to play. During the next four years he re-invented himself and is now like unto a god, or at least a liccle cherobim

I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, and it's certainly not as bad here, where a player is threatened with violence (not often), but we still have this thing where we build a player up to be the next Pele, and then take great pleasure in knocking them off the pedestal we have unfairly put them on.

Coom'on Tim is next. He'll get through a few rounds of Wimbledon, maybe make the semi-final, make a **** up and then the papers and people will be questioning his bottle and making personal comments.

ladymako71
06-23-2004, 12:57 PM
that's right! I thought I got the country wrong when I posted that...must have Venezuela on the brain or something...

I see you're parked in front of Wimbleton now huh? Same here around this house.

DelBubs
06-23-2004, 01:37 PM
To be truthful, I haven't watched any Wimbledon this year. Pissing down with rain a lot, so there's a chance I might turn on the box to see play suspended and an ever youthful Sir Cliff Richard singing 'Summer Holiday' with 'has been' woman players swaying away in the background like pre-menopausal orangutans :cry:

I might see Coom'on Tim make it to the second week as the only surviving British player, only to fall at the semi-final stage and then get villified in the press. Wimbledon only goes on my telly when McEnroe is on, at least he tell it like it is. To then I shall watch the grand prix on the of chance that Schumacers engine blows up and some other bugger wins, I shall watch the New Zealand rugby team continue to run all over us and continue to watch the footie cos we're looking quite good.

ladymako71
06-24-2004, 01:02 AM
yeah Mum has been getting a ton of stuff done despite the fact that it's Wimbleton time. lol If there's one thing NZ excels at it's rugby! lol I'd mention yachting but the bloody Swiss cheated and bought ost of the NZ racing crew so they could steal the America's cup...the injustice! ahem any hoo I'm foaming at the chops so I shall desist. ;)

DelBubs
06-24-2004, 03:37 AM
That America's Cup for yatching ? I vaguely remember some controversy about it, but sailing isn't really for me. Never sure what's actually going on. I'm not sure the contestants know either,
"Are we winning Tarquin?"
"Haven't a clue Tristam"

As for Wimbledon, well today Greg Rusedski (our tennis player since he defected from Canada (perhaps he thought he was a spy, cos he's **** awful as a tennis player)) is on court. He'll be of court a hour and half later and go on his holidays.

Tonights the biggy, England v Portugal footuie quarter final. There'll either be a lot of noise here later, or a great gnashing of teeth, you'll know in 14 hours.

ladymako71
06-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Tonights the biggy, England v Portugal footuie quarter final. There'll either be a lot of noise here later, or a great gnashing of teeth, you'll know in 14 hours.

Either way I'll hear both...I know fanatics from both countries. ^^

Phil
06-25-2004, 02:06 PM
.................................................. ....................

ladymako71
06-25-2004, 02:32 PM
so I gathered. ^^

DelBubs
06-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Seconded, words fail me :cry: :cry:

syvalois
06-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Seconded, words fail me :cry: :cry:

http://www.ee.cityu.edu.hk/~eeds/5on5/images/beckham-b.gif

http://www.shahyra.com/humour/lol.jpg

burN@,... lol

DelBubs
06-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks Sylvie, thats's all I needed, a pic of Beckham kicking the ball in the air :cry: , but I must admit that the pic of Pier Luigi Collina had me LMAO :lol:

ladymako71
06-26-2004, 12:27 PM
oh that's just spooky lol Where on earth does he find these things, Sylvie?

syvalois
06-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks Sylvie, thats's all I needed, a pic of Beckham kicking the ball in the air :cry: , but I must admit that the pic of Pier Luigi Collina had me LMAO :lol:

That was not me, it was Burn@ but I did agree with him (he forgot his password for his profile). And I we did not knew about Pier Luigi, but I do agree that it do looks like him :D

Are you happy, the french got eliminated too yesterday:) I can't wait to see Les Guignols and see what htey are going to say about this.

Ben
06-26-2004, 11:20 PM
as I side note, if he would like me to reset his PW, just PM me or Phil with what he would like it to be, we'll fix it up.

Ben

That was not me, it was Burn@ but I did agree with him (he forgot his password for his profile). And I we did not knew about Pier Luigi, but I do agree that it do looks like him :D

Are you happy, the french got eliminated too yesterday:) I can't wait to see Les Guignols and see what htey are going to say about this.

DelBubs
06-28-2004, 09:45 AM

I would have liked for the English to get through to the final and face the French again, but it wasn't to be. Whether I am pleased about the French going out, surprised, but not overly pleased. I guess it's between the Dutch and the Czech Republic, I think the Dutch will have to much for Portugal.

At least Coom'on Tim has made it to the second week at Wimbledon, but the amount of expectation the public have in him will probably mean he'll go out in the quarter or semi, if he can get past Phillipousis :-)

ladymako71
06-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Soooo...I hear the cricket's been good of late?

Oop no wait...anyone remotely interested in that isn't from NZ. >=)

Phil
06-30-2004, 04:12 PM
We're crap at everything.
This I know.

ladymako71
06-30-2004, 04:19 PM
if it involves rugby NZ is notorious for being really good at it...cricket however is a joke I think when you consider that we can't play it for s***e. so I was quite surprised to see that we actually WON a game! I think the country would go spastic and blow up if we ever beat India, Pakistan or the W.Indies. lol

beetleblack
06-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh dear, apparently - according to a straight man at work anyway - poor old Timmy Henman has been knocked out of the tennis, so all those middle class, middle aged house wives will have to go back to their jam making and pics of Prince Wills in 'Hello!' magazine to provide their hot flushes.

Phil
06-30-2004, 06:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DelBubs
06-30-2004, 08:29 PM
From Eddie the Eagle to Timbo Henman, glorious failures one and all. Beat Phillipouses and then go out to an unseeded player. Win the Rugby World Cup and then get slaughtered in pratically every match since. Win two test series and then play one day cricket like you don't know one of the bat from another.

We give the world soccer, cricket, rugby and tennis and wind up **** at every single one. Thing is, it'll piss us of for a few days and then like blind fools await the World Cup qualifiers to begin and raise our adrenalin levels in the misguided belief that we might actually win the thing.

God we are sad bastards, but thats what being British is all about :D

JohnnyCanuck
07-01-2004, 02:17 AM
We give the world soccer, cricket, rugby and tennis and wind up s**t at every single one. Thing is, it'll piss us of for a few days and then like blind fools await the World Cup qualifiers to begin and raise our adrenalin levels in the misguided belief that we might actually win the thing.

Hmmmmm????
Sounds like a typical Toronto Maple Leaf Fan to me!!! (that's a hockey reference for you other-than-canadian types)

ladymako71
07-01-2004, 03:08 AM
We give the world soccer, cricket, rugby and tennis and wind up s**t at every single one. Thing is, it'll piss us of for a few days and then like blind fools await the World Cup qualifiers to begin and raise our adrenalin levels in the misguided belief that we might actually win the thing.

Hmmmmm????
Sounds like a typical Toronto Maple Leaf Fan to me!!! (that's a hockey reference for you other-than-canadian types)

Or for the Americans on list...the equivilent of being a fan of any Pittsburgh team. lol They win a title once and are never heard from again...well except the Steelers but alas it's been a while. While Mum and I are from NZ, Dad is from just south of Pittsburgh PA and we tend to cheer for them around this house...especially come football season. *le sigh*

DelBubs
07-01-2004, 05:12 AM
We get quite a lot of North American sport on our tv's late at night. Sometimes Ice Hockey, but mainly Baseball. Last night I watched about twenty minutes of the Yankee's v The Red Soxs, then was distracted by a film on another channel where a lady was doing bizarre things with a student. The film won out :-)