PDA

View Full Version : New AF Goodies

Ben
06-17-2004, 11:41 PM
whoohoo! Lookie what Alpha Goodies I just got in the mail:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=102

and

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=103

I also got my AF#1 signed by Clayton Henry today.

Ben

SwiftFox
06-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Very nice!!

I'm surprised how much stuff like this you all seem to find... I mean given the general view on AF....

mvranas
06-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Swifty,

Most of this stuff (patches, pins & t-shirts) hails from the mid-80's when Alpha was one of Marvel's most popular books.

Unfortunately, times have changed. I don't expect we'll be seeing much in the way of merchandise any time soon.

Mike

SwiftFox
06-19-2004, 12:47 PM
AF was one of Marvel's most popular books???

Ben
06-19-2004, 12:52 PM
It sure was! Back in the Byrne days, it was a top seller. You never know, if the sales stay steady as they are now for a while, we may see some new goodies yet :)

Ben

DelBubs
06-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I seem to remmeber seeing sales figures for that period and I think the first 12/13 issues were never out of the top five, reaching as high as number three at one point.

JohnnyCanuck
06-23-2004, 01:29 AM
It sure was! Back in the Byrne days, it was a top seller. You never know, if the sales stay steady as they are now for a while, we may see some new goodies yet :)

Anyone ever see thr TSR roleplaying game which featured an Alpha Flight module? My friend has it,

Ben
06-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Anyone ever see thr TSR roleplaying game which featured an Alpha Flight module? My friend has it,

That would be a great thing to have. I hope your friend enjoys having it :)

Ben

bigbloo
06-23-2004, 11:11 AM

Ive got it! Was real fun to play with my brothers. AF goes up against Cascade, the Master of the White Water! :)

Ill try to unearth it and scan em up. :)

Barnacle13
06-23-2004, 06:11 PM
I have it too! I think it's called the Catspaw! I never played it unfortuantely. Most of my friends were into D&D or GURPS. But it's cool to have in my collection!

Barnacle

rplass
04-14-2009, 01:00 AM
I found a copy of the 2003 Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game: Guide to the X-Men. It has a blurb about Alpha Flight and a full bio for Northstar, who was an X-Man at the time. Never played the game but it's a fun read, especially since they go into real nice detail about various groups and characters. When I get the chance I'll post a scan of the Northstar bio.

Love,
rplass

Legerd
04-14-2009, 04:27 AM
I have it too! I think it's called the Catspaw!

That's the one! A buddy of mine had it and we started to play it, but we never got too far and didn't try to continue for some reason.

EDIT TO ADD: Here's (http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=588631) some more Alpha goodies.

birdygirl
04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Beautiful! :D I have the Snowbird and Talsiman patches. Also, the "Catspaw" RPG.

And, yes, Alpha was a big-selling comic in the 1980's. The first issue sold 500,000 copies, I believe. I'll never forget the day I bought the long-awaited AF #1 at Forbidden Planet in New York city, (April 29, 1983). There was a long line stretching practically from the back of the store to the cash register, and everyone seemed to be holding a copy of Af#1 in their hands. I got the second-to-the-last copy in the store. Just in the nick of time, eh? :wink:

Le Messor
04-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I have the Heather patch (based on the cover of #16); I didn't know there were others.

I saw the Catspaw game for sale before I was into comics, and didn't buy it. :( My third-greatest Alpha 'I didn't buy it' regret, I think.

- Le Messor
"For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
- Matthew 12:37

DelBubs
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM
My third-greatest Alpha 'I didn't buy it' regret, I think.

Dead cat time, what where the other two?

Le Messor
05-03-2009, 01:41 AM
(They've been mentioned before, but...)

#2 is Marvel Swimsuit Edition #1, which has an article 'by Northstar'. I was in a different town (Adelaide) when it came out, and thought I could pick it up as easily a few days later when I got home...

#1 is the first appearance of Alpha Flight. I don't mean a copy of Uncanny #120, I have that. I mean the original artwork. Two of the pages, ones with AF on them, were on sale here in Canberra when I just started collecting. (I remember Shaman reaching into his pouch being one of them.)

- Le Messor
"For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
- Vincent Van Gogh

Phil
03-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I found a copy of the 2003 Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game: Guide to the X-Men. It has a blurb about Alpha Flight and a full bio for Northstar, who was an X-Man at the time. Never played the game but it's a fun read, especially since they go into real nice detail about various groups and characters. When I get the chance I'll post a scan of the Northstar bio.

Apologies for the near 4 year bump!
Was this just reproduced art?

rplass
03-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Apologies for the near 4 year bump!
Was this just reproduced art?

No problem. We don't have a no-bump rule here!

The art is reproduced, yes.
EDIT
Here it is, for the curious: