PDA

View Full Version : Wedding?

Richv1
07-03-2004, 07:57 PM
So since Scott Lobdel has said there is going to be an Alphian wedding who do you think will be getting married?

ladymako71
07-03-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm not even going to attempt to guess...unless Mr. Lobdel has plans that will blow the whole comic book industry away, I'm just gonna bite the nubs left of me fingernails and wait like an impatient little comic fiend.

Phil
07-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Has he actually said there'll be a wedding though? Or just a proposal?

Richv1
07-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Check out the interview I did with Scott that Ben has posted on this site somewhere. And yes it is a surprise marriage proposal not a wedding sorry. I think of them as going together. Plus the Wedding title does have a question mark for this posting.

Phil
07-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I'd read the interview :D

And I wasn't criticizing, just clarifying in case I'd missed something about an actual wedding.

Richv1
07-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Nope you didn't miss anything. I wouldn't be surprised if Yukon Jack decides he needs a mate for when he becomes ruler of his people and who better than a Goddess.

DelBubs
07-04-2004, 11:17 AM
YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO THE WEDDING OF WALTER AND WANDA LANGOWSKI TO TAKE PLACE IN ISSUE 12 JUST BETWEEN THE BIT WHERE 'ONE SHALL SURELY DIE' AND 'BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT'. FORMAL ATTIRE IS REQUIRED.

kozzi24
07-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Deja vu on this wedding talk. Wasn't it in another thread?

Phil
07-04-2004, 11:40 AM
YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO THE WEDDING OF WALTER AND WANDA LANGOWSKI TO TAKE PLACE IN ISSUE 12 JUST BETWEEN THE BIT WHERE 'ONE SHALL SURELY DIE' AND 'BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT'. FORMAL ATTIRE IS REQUIRED.

You scare me.

ladymako71
07-04-2004, 12:16 PM

LOLOL Yer a mad man mate. For that I'll break the ultra special attire! Black leather. ^^

Richv1
07-04-2004, 12:16 PM
So if Walter splits into two bodies so Wanda is a separate being could this happen? Would anyone want to see it happen?
Who knows what lies in the mind of a comic book writer anything could and probably will happen. Puck seems to have a thing for Walter.

Mystic
07-04-2004, 12:50 PM

Wow...there really isn't much you can say about that statement.

...Except, perhaps, 'Have you refilled your prescription yet?' :P

-Mystic

Ben
07-04-2004, 01:36 PM
the thought of this union makes me feel icky. I must shower now.

Ben

Richv1
07-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Well it certainly would be a first in the history of comics.
So if the wedding proposal insn't the big surprise that Lobdel thought Marvel wouldn't let him do what is it than?

DelBubs
07-05-2004, 11:16 AM

You scare me.
I scare me too, do you want to see my crocodile?

LOLOL Yer a mad man mate. For that I'll break the ultra special attire! Black leather. ^^
Why did I just get an an image of Sasquatch in black leather armour?

Wow...there really isn't much you can say about that statement.

...Except, perhaps, 'Have you refilled your prescription yet?'
Nope and I don't intend too, I have tried reality and have found it deeply flawed :P

I shall leave you with this question, does Wanda wax in both forms?

ladymako71
07-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Why did I just get an an image of Sasquatch in black leather armour?

I shall leave you with this question, does Wanda wax in both forms?

I know I really shouldn't do much when I first wake up but still...I was bored already so I logged on...and now this. *died laughing* You realise because of his avatar, I went from your image to Ben in said duds?

And if Wanda waxed in both forms....ohh that'd hurt. Ooooo....ouch.

Mystic
07-05-2004, 12:10 PM
That would be quite painful...and quite a pain in the butt to do it over an over, consider the fur would just be there again once she reverted back to the sasquatch form. Quite costly I would imagine.

::: Oy...this conversationg is getting more and more depraved :::::

WOOHOO!!! :twisted:

-Mystic

Richv1
07-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Well for the answer to that last question I think we'll just leave that in your own mind's eye.
So how about back to who is going to propose and to whom are they going to propose?

kozzi24
07-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Killjoy

Phil
07-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Mr Roboto?

DelBubs
07-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Well for the answer to that last question I think we'll just leave that in your own mind's eye.
So how about back to who is going to propose and to whom are they going to propose?
Well in the interview Scott said it was a surprise proposal which he never saw coming, so it has got to be te least logical pairing. I'm gonna opt for Sas and Nemesis, they're at loggerheads a lot, total opposites, so obviously the most logical illogical option.

kozzi24
07-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Mr Roboto?
Someone else that remembers and presumably really likes Sytx?

kozzi24
07-06-2004, 10:38 AM
If Sasquatch is involed, I would guess it would be new Puck, as they've had a lot of "screen time" together.

DelBubs
07-06-2004, 10:40 AM
If Sasquatch is involed, I would guess it would be new Puck, as they've had a lot of "screen time" together.
I think Dady Puck might have something to say about that. I don't think he'd see Walt as the right partner for his kid.

kozzi24
07-06-2004, 10:43 AM
So that would just make it more interesting for the characters involved. It has been historically established that Puck is "not fond of the big oaf". Maybe Puck II would be involved as a form of rebellion?

Phil
07-06-2004, 10:53 AM
My money's still on Thunder and Snowbird.
Possibly in her owl form...

DelBubs
07-06-2004, 11:00 AM
So that would just make it more interesting for the characters involved. It has been historically established that Puck is "not fond of the big oaf". Maybe Puck II would be involved as a form of rebellion?
That kinda of in deep back story, doesn't seem to be the kinda thing Scott would go for, although he has given us some history with MMJ, so who knows.

My money's still on Thunder and Snowbird.
Possibly in her owl form...
I would have to go with Thunder and Yukon Jack, if Thunder is to be involved. Yukon Jack is from a secluded place, where marrying your favourite animal is probably perfectly acceptable. Plus he's already ridden Thunder in #4

"How much for the goat"
"I'll take two wifes and a chicken"

Phil
07-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I think Dady Puck might have something to say about that. I don't think he'd see Walt as the right partner for his kid.

Hmm, I dunno... after being with Walt for so long I reckon he'd be fine with it. Especially after the way he spoke at 'his funeral' in Vol. 2.

Ahab
07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
I think Puck II and Aurora. You know there is another personality down there just waiting to rear her tendencies... :wink:

Richv1
07-06-2004, 06:31 PM
I think Snowbird will get together with one of the Great Beasts.

Phil
07-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Isn't that like incest?

Or does clone love not count?

Ben
07-06-2004, 06:38 PM
On a more serious not, perhaps Aurora will return, and ask Walt to get hitched. They had just hooked up again right before the Weapon X guys stole her from that ambulance.

Ben

Phil
07-06-2004, 06:56 PM
I reckon either Puck or MMJ'll be involved.

kozzi24
07-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Centennial and Nemisis now that he realizes how old she is?

Richv1
07-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Yes wasn't it kind of romantic her letting him carry her when she could fly. She just wanted to be in his arms and close to him.

Phil
07-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Or just prove a point that she's not to be underestimated :P

Richv1
07-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Maybe but I bet he had fun carrying her in his arms. The dirty old man. And she seemed to like it. Or she would have flown away.

Phil
07-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Or she would have flown away.

Which she did at the end :P

kozzi24
07-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Or she would have flown away.

Which she did at the end :P
Maybe she flew away because she realized she was liking it? How long has it been since she's just been held by a man?

Richv1
07-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Nemesis could have flown away the whole long trip there but didn't. So she stayed in his arms for a reason. She only left his arms after they got to where they were going.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Nemesis strikes me as a pragmatist. Why fly herself when she can get someone to carry her all the way there? :lol:

Phil
07-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Nemesis strikes me as a pragmatist. Why fly herself when she can get someone to carry her all the way there? :lol:

THANK YOU!!!

Richv1
07-08-2004, 07:49 PM
So she was just lazy? Well I bet Centennial didn't mind to much.

DelBubs
07-08-2004, 07:54 PM
I can't equate pragmatic to lazy. Centenial can fly, so can Nemesis, Centenial may have got a rush flying a cape lady around, but the consensus from Nem would seem to be 'Why have a dog and bark yourself?'

Richv1
07-08-2004, 08:51 PM
So she likes to use people to do her work for her if she can? Maybe she thinks she is better than the other members?

HappyCanuck
07-09-2004, 09:00 AM
So she likes to use people to do her work for her if she can? Maybe she thinks she is better than the other members?

I think it's safe to assume that's an obvious comment.

kozzi24
07-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Nemesis is a stand-up gal. She stood by Wild Child Child when her version of Gamma was disbanded.

HappyCanuck
07-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Nemesis is a stand-up gal. She stood by Wild Child Child when her version of Gamma was disbanded.

the issue isn't Nemesis' dedication to her rough-equivlent to 'friend' in definition (I think Kyle is the only one of the VERY few she'd consider a 'friend), it's whether or not she's EGOCENTRIC. you can still be friends with ppl you consider less than you, and it generally has no bearings on your morality. Take most of my friends: all egocentric to the Nth degree, yet still dedicated to me (as well as the other friends they have, I'm to assume).

Richv1
07-09-2004, 10:53 PM
I don't know my friends I'd consider equals. I don't really believe in a person being better than another in a general sense. If someone has done something really evil than I might not consider them as good as someone else. But otherwise things like money, strengh, intelligence I don't think make a person better. Attitude and personality maybe because you can decide how you act. I know upbringing and environment can have an effect but ultimately you decide.
Personally I think Nemesis was just playing with the old guy's mind.

HappyCanuck
07-10-2004, 08:37 AM
I don't know my friends I'd consider equals. I don't really believe in a person being better than another in a general sense. If someone has done something really evil than I might not consider them as good as someone else. But otherwise things like money, strengh, intelligence I don't think make a person better. Attitude and personality maybe because you can decide how you act. I know upbringing and environment can have an effect but ultimately you decide.

Ah, see, that's irrelevent: that's YOU, not NEMESIS. Last I checked, you're not a 90+-year-old Female Zombie Anarchist, all things that tend to mess with your head, altering perceptions. How you see the term 'friend' isn't necessarily how SHE see's the term friend. Now something in the unforetold past let's her see Kyle as a friend (we don't know what exactly that is, hence the 'unforetold' part of that statement), but it's oviously something rare (think about it: how many other 'friends' does Nem have, in ANY context of the word).

Personally I think Nemesis was just playing with the old guy's mind.

I don't. I'm with the 'pragmatist' theorum. Right now, Nemesis has no qualms about using others to get a job done (in this case the job being to conserve her own strength for the up coming battle).

Richv1
07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Maybe she considers Kyle a friend because of his wild attitude. Maybe because he his a killer instinct like her.

Phil
07-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Maybe she is considers Kyla a friend

Kyle's had a sex change???????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

ladymako71
07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Maybe she is considers Kyla a friend

Kyle's had a sex change???????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

beat me to it!

DelBubs
07-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Maybe she is considers Kyla a friend because of his wild attitude. Maybe because he his a killer instinct like her.Or maybe he has a feral wang, who knows?

Phil
07-10-2004, 02:10 PM
beat me!

:shock:

ladymako71
07-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Or maybe he has a feral wang, who knows?

This is quite possible! this is mutation we're talking about here...anything's possible!

:shock:

Wha? it's not like I haven't before? ^^

DelBubs
07-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Or maybe he has a feral wang, who knows?

This is quite possible! this is mutation we're talking about here...anything's possible!

Whats got fifteen teeth and hold back the Incredible Hulk, Wildchilds Zipper.

Phil
07-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Carefull not to cross that PG line with this one folks ;)

Ben

Remedy
07-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Whats got fifteen teeth and hold back the Incredible Hulk, Wildchilds Zipper.

*falls off her chair laughing*

OK, that's FUNNY!

I'm pretty sure Kyle wouldn't be able to run around like he does if this were the case though... talk about awkward! But hilarious to contemplate!

*laughs throughout the day at the idea!*

kozzi24
07-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Can it hold back the superhero formerly known as Martin?

Is this subtle enough for what everybody is surely thinking?

If not you can delete-EDIT to this point: NOT SUBTLE ENOUGH FOR WHAT EVERYONE WAS THINKING

Richv1
07-10-2004, 10:25 PM
So how do we describe Nemesis's personality? Narcistic, a user of people, bloodthirsty?

ladymako71
07-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Anarchist? *going out on a limb I admit*

Phil
07-10-2004, 10:28 PM
So how do we describe Nemesis's personality? Narcistic, a user of people, bloodthirsty?

She's just in that special week of the month....

ladymako71
07-10-2004, 10:32 PM

She's just in that special week of the month....

Nah mate...she's still to sane for that...trust me on this. ;)

however I firmly believe that it should be a renewal of vows or maybe Jeanne-Marie comes back and her and Walt hook up?

Phil
07-10-2004, 10:34 PM
It's gonna be Northstar and Sasquatch!!!!

And the whole issue will just be black sqaures with no dialogue cos they've been banned!!!!!

Richv1
07-11-2004, 08:09 AM
Ya Sasquatch likes the ladies. Maybe Northstar will propose to Aurora now that would be different.

beetleblack
07-11-2004, 08:21 AM
I vote for MMJ proposing to Northstar followed by a special Honeymoon edition which for legal reasons with regards to it's contents will only be available through certain licensed shops (normally situated in the seedier parts of town)... or is that just in my dirty dreams????

kozzi24
07-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Just in your dirty dreams, but such a book could also be made with and empty space in the middle for personally embossed names and blank pages in the middle so it could double as a program for gay weddings.

Richv1
07-12-2004, 02:54 PM
A comic book for a program at a wedding? Can we have a straight version to? Who would we feature on the straight version? Guardian?

kozzi24
07-13-2004, 01:43 AM
The classic & first...Reed Richards & Sue Storm
(although Hank Pum Janet Van Dyne would be better to show just how crazy guys are to accept that leash...I mean ring.

kozzi24
07-13-2004, 01:45 AM
And to steal a line from a New Yorker cartoon:
"Gay marriage? Haven't those people suffered enough?"

Richv1
07-13-2004, 06:13 PM
I couldn't agree more Janet Van Dyne and Hank Prym he certainly didn't deserve her. Because of the way she treated Hank I find it hard to see how he can stand to be around her.
Is Janet still dating Paladin?

kozzi24
07-14-2004, 12:53 AM
I couldn't agree more Janet Van Dyne and Hank Prym he certainly didn't deserve her. Because of the way she treated Hank I find it hard to see how he can stand to be around her.
Is Janet still dating Paladin?

A little bit out of touch with Avengers there, Rich? Paladin was viewed as a dating prospect for a very short time somewhere around #260. She and Hank reconsummated their relationship in West Coast Avengers, which would be somewhere around #310 of the regular Avengers title. She's recently refused to remarry him, and even more recently (and out of characterization for them both) had a roll with Hawkeye.

I don't think she's treated him all that bad, but I am not liking the recent writer ayyacks on Hank as a wife beater.
Yes, he hit her. Once. While having a nervous breakdown and under mental control/influence from Egghead. The wife-BEATING Pym is the one in Ultimates. The mainline Pym made mistakes that he has been trying to atone for ever since. He's probably not going to be around much longer anyway.

(This answer copied to "Upcoming Avengers" thread in "other comics" if anyone wishes to discuss this specifically instead of what a **cough*cough** idea marriage is/forthcoming proposal in AF.

Richv1
07-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Your right I haven't read an Avengers in awhile. But I did read about Hank maybe not being around to much longer. That would be to bad.
She was with Hawkeye. What about Mockingbird?
So would the Avengers be invited to an Alpha Flight wedding?

kozzi24
07-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Mockingbird died in West Coast Avengers #100.
I don't think any active Avengers have too close of ties with AF.
Namor should always be invited as an in-law "widower"

Richv1
07-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Or maybe there could even be a joint American / Canadian get together for a mission.

kozzi24
07-18-2004, 12:23 AM
who should be on that?

Richv1
07-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Sasquatch
Captain America
Guardian
Vindicator
Snowbird
Puck (female)
Thor
She-Hulk
Iron Man
Marrina
Well there how would this team work? 5 females and five males. The main problem might be who is in charge. But there are 6 Alphans to 4 Avengers.