PDA

View Full Version : I just realized this in X2...

Adam
07-06-2004, 09:02 PM
In the second X-Men movie, during the scene where Mystique is in Stryker's office, there are a bunch of character references on the computer screen that you only see for a split second. If you pause and zoom in the DVD you'll see that Department H and I believe Alpha Flight are listed there. Did anyone else notice this?

(oh by the way, this week's issue is listed in the "What Looks Good" section on Silver Bullet Comicbooks. Every little bit helps :) )

varo
07-06-2004, 10:20 PM
do you have a link to the silver bullets article?

Adam
07-06-2004, 11:24 PM
I suppose it would have been useful to include it eh?

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/good/

ALPHA FLIGHT #5 $2.99 (Scott Lobdell / Clayton Henry)

I really don’t know why but I am liking this book a lot more than I thought I would, and I get the feeling that I’m enjoying it a bit more than I should. I can’t exactly place my finger on it as to why, it’s just a feeling. So go figure why I got that geeky feeling of anticipation when I saw the list of comics that were coming out this week and saw Alpha Flight #5 listed.

I really can’t explain it, but for some reason I can’t wait to read this week’s issue.

What can I say, I think the book is funny.

ladymako71
07-07-2004, 02:40 AM
yep and I can name em all. Wildchild is in there! No Beaubier's though. It's in alphabetical order and starts with Pyro and ends with Storm...well Alerdyce to Munroe.

varo
07-07-2004, 07:37 AM
do they list wild child as wild child or kyle raynie (er....is that his name?)

Phil
07-07-2004, 08:02 AM
There were screencaptures floating about somewhere but I cant find them at the moment.

Anyway, the text list is:

1st column: John Allerdyce, Ruth Bat-Seraph, Cecilia Reyes, Everett Thomas, Victor Creed, Nichole St. Croix

2nd column: Claudette St. Croix, Kurt Wagner, Raven Darkholme, Jamie Madrox, Lila Cheney, Vanessa Carlysle, Wade Wilson, Scott Summers, Doug Ramsey, Alison Blaire, Maria Callasantos, Andrea von Strucker

3rd column: Andreas von Strucker, Remy LeBeau, Bobby Drake, Paige Guthrie, Yukio Oyama, Tom Cassidy, Artie Maddicks, Erik M. Lensherr, David North, Tabitha Smith, Calvin Rankin, Dr. Nathaniel Essex

4th column: Garrison Kane, Mortimer Toynbee, Illyana Rasputin, Theresa Rourke, Sally Blevins, Angelo Espionosa, Shiro Yoshida, Guido Carosella, Ororo Munroe, Keniuchio Harada, Katherine Pryde, Dr. Karl Lykos

5th column: Omega Red, Xavier's School, Blackbird, Massachusetts Academy, Trask, Graymalkin, Zero Tolerance, Project Wide Awake, Beta Flight, Jamie Braddock, Dr. Henry McCoy

6th column: Danger Room, Forge, Dept. H, Brotherhood, Weapon X, Gamma Flight, Rahne Sinclair

7th column: Cerebro, Legacy, Salem Center, Franklin Richards, Alpha Flight, Muir Island, Morlocks, Kevin McTaggart

The "On Camera Graphics" section also includes an intriguing list of
mutant nametags from Stryker's Base, with even more names to add to
the above including John Proudstar, Clarice Ferguson, Sidney Jones,
Mickey Tork, Gunter Bain, Roger Bochs, Vanessa Geraldine Carlysle,
Gardner Munroe, Leyu Yoshida, David Haller, Jesse Aaronson, and
Russell Collins.

kozzi24
07-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Good job, Phil!
And love the new avatar

Phil
07-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Heh, s'okay, I just nabbed the list from somewhere :lol:

DelBubs
07-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Yeah, but you took the time to put it up there. Good on ya Phil. I remember this being mentioned elsewhere, but never could be arsed to do that pausing and zooming ****, now with your help I don't have too. Cheers

beetleblack
07-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Cool list, thanks for posting it. Only saw X2 last week and thought it was pretty good (although thought it went on too long at the end). I did wonder who the names were in the list in Stryker's office, but like Del couldn't be arsed to pause and zoom it!

varo
07-08-2004, 10:34 AM
bochs was a mutant? (please don't revoke my alpha card)

HappyCanuck
07-08-2004, 11:43 AM
bochs was a mutant? (please don't revoke my alpha card)

Last I checked, Bochs wasn't a mutant. However, he does have strong ties to mutants (thus a mutant sympathiser), and would have been a potential threat to Stryker's operations, much like Moira MacTaggert would have been.

beetleblack
07-08-2004, 06:15 PM
And is Lila Cheney classes as a mutant? I thought she was alien? Does this mean that Cannonball is on the loose out in this X-Men universe too? Come to think of it, what about the rest of the New Mutants?

SwiftFox
07-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Last I checked, Bochs wasn't a mutant. However, he does have strong ties to mutants (thus a mutant sympathiser), and would have been a potential threat to Stryker's operations, much like Moira MacTaggert would have been.

That was my point when someone mentioned this once and said the writer's should have researched more... not only a possibility of being mutant sympathisers, but A) how do they know who is and isn't a mutant? Especially at times for Bochs when he was doing the phase in... they wouldn't nesecarily know how he was doing. Folks like Moira... they hang out with KNOWN mutants, just because they haven't been seen to exhibit any powers, who's to say they don't have any?

HappyCanuck
07-09-2004, 09:10 AM
And is Lila Cheney classes as a mutant? I thought she was alien?

Lila Cheney was born and bred in London, England. She's a mutant with long-range teleportational abilities. Her band and 'road' crew, however, are predominantly extraterrestrial (tho she did have a few human/Terran members at one point) (This was all explained in New Mutant Anal #1, 1984).

Does this mean that Cannonball is on the loose out in this X-Men universe too?

Worse: Cannonball is back with the X-Men full-time (joined the XXM team in XXM#24, now serving under Storm in X-Men).

Come to think of it, what about the rest of the New Mutants?

Last I heard, Xian, Dani and Rahne were leading the Academy X crew (from NMvol.2/NXM:Acadamy X, or whatever it's being called now). Tabitha and Julio are still with the X-Corp (iirc), Skids is in Marvel-limbo, Rusty Collins is dead, and need I really explain where/what happened to Warlock? :P

kozzi24
07-09-2004, 11:05 AM
[quote="HappyCanuck]
That was my point when someone mentioned this once and said the writer's should have researched more... not only a possibility of being mutant sympathisers, but A) how do they know who is and isn't a mutant?

Best solution I can come up with, looking at the Sentinel's ability to differentiate mutant from non-mutant (powered) individual is that the Sentinels register that mutants have power. Non-Mutants have power, but their bodies would also carry background radiation (or other signs)from how they got their powers.

In extension of this, unless someone got powers from being immersed in a magickal realm/dimension, magic-weilding characters such as Strange, Talisman and Shaman would be registered by the Sentinels as flatline.

Zach
07-09-2004, 11:52 AM
(This was all explained in New Mutant Anal #1, 1984).

Thats sounds like a book I would like :wink:

DelBubs
07-09-2004, 12:02 PM

Is that the one with Piledriver in it :-)

kozzi24
07-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Don't remember piledriver off hand. It has a dark Seinkewitz (sp) cover with something like "Rock Anthem" or "Rock Fable: A Love story" on the cover.

beetleblack
07-09-2004, 04:00 PM
And is Lila Cheney classes as a mutant? I thought she was alien?

Lila Cheney was born and bred in London, England. She's a mutant with long-range teleportational abilities. Her band and 'road' crew, however, are predominantly extraterrestrial (tho she did have a few human/Terran members at one point) (This was all explained in New Mutant Anal #1, 1984).

Does this mean that Cannonball is on the loose out in this X-Men universe too?

Worse: Cannonball is back with the X-Men full-time (joined the XXM team in XXM#24, now serving under Storm in X-Men).

Come to think of it, what about the rest of the New Mutants?

Last I heard, Xian, Dani and Rahne were leading the Academy X crew (from NMvol.2/NXM:Acadamy X, or whatever it's being called now). Tabitha and Julio are still with the X-Corp (iirc), Skids is in Marvel-limbo, Rusty Collins is dead, and need I really explain where/what happened to Warlock? :P

Ah, I see... I did actually mean in the X-Men movies though, no mention of any of our fave new mutants over there.

ladymako71
07-09-2004, 06:25 PM

Is that the one with Piledriver in it :-)

Brilliant iss that one! Absolutely brilliant!

*goes off to laugh her a**e off now*

SwiftFox
07-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Best solution I can come up with, looking at the Sentinel's ability to differentiate mutant from non-mutant (powered) individual is that the Sentinels register that mutants have power. Non-Mutants have power, but their bodies would also carry background radiation (or other signs)from how they got their powers

Except that so far the movies haven't shown sentinels existing at all... and they're pretty hard to hide :P

DelBubs
07-09-2004, 08:05 PM
What about the Stealth Sentinels that first appeared in AF#41/42 ? You can hide em up your trouser leg, or so I've been led to believe :-)

kozzi24
07-10-2004, 01:00 AM
What about the Stealth Sentinels that first appeared in AF#41/42 ? You can hide em up your trouser leg, or so I've been led to believe :-)
That sounds cold. Physically cold enough to make the boys want to hide.

HappyCanuck
07-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Ah, I see... I did actually mean in the X-Men movies though, no mention of any of our fave new mutants over there.

Tee hee, my bad. To my knowledge, they DID meantion Xian on the computer monitor (they listed her as 'Mahn, Xian Coy', which is stupid, as Mahn isn't her surname; Coy is)

Phil
07-10-2004, 11:44 AM

Although he's leaving come August to hook up with X-Force...

*Rob Liefeld sense... tingling*

kozzi24
07-10-2004, 12:09 PM
I am NOT looking forward to that. I have every faith in Neceinza, but the art....

ladymako71
07-10-2004, 09:33 PM
I am NOT looking forward to that. I have every faith in Neceinza, but the art....

Hey Marvel likes the guy, so I guess they pegged him for the job. Plus he is the one that was onboard when Marvel launched X-Force way back when anyway. But then what do I know, I'm just a fan of the books themselves. =)

beetleblack
07-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Okay, slighty off topic, but related to Cannonball (sort of) - does anyone know where Magma is hanging these days? Last I saw of her she was with the X-Treme X-Men and then was in a reunion issue with her fellow New Mustants, is she in limbo at the moment or affiliated with a team?

kozzi24
07-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Not on a team, so either in the background of the school or back with Sunspot's X-Corp office

varo
07-11-2004, 08:39 PM
i have the vidcap of the scene. looks like beta flight, omega flight and alpha flight are all accounted for.

pretty sweet.

if anyone can get it posted here i will e-mail them.

let me know.

Phil
07-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Okay, slighty off topic, but related to Cannonball (sort of) - does anyone know where Magma is hanging these days? Last I saw of her she was with the X-Treme X-Men and then was in a reunion issue with her fellow New Mustants, is she in limbo at the moment or affiliated with a team?

Apparantly she's part of the Uncanny supporting cast, so could possibly take Cannonball's place when he goes.