http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/turbinespdm.htm

MM :P

PWalk
07-07-2004, 03:51 PM
She's perfect for the new squad!

and did you notice who created her? :idea: :idea:

jay042
07-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Interesting, the team could use a techie anyway.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Not only would it be a good idea for Scott to slip in this particular creation of his... but she would fit into the off-beat dynamic of the team perfectly. I say bring her in!

Phil
07-08-2004, 11:18 AM
I dunno, if Scott were to bring in existing characters I'd prefer he stuck to Vol.1 & 2 Alphans/Betans/etc's.

I like the freshness of the new characters, and the development of them.

But yeah, the character could be interesting...

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-08-2004, 11:20 AM
But that's exactly why she'd be good for the team, Phil. She's SO minor (appearing in only ONE obscure issue!) that she would be relatively baggage-free.

Phil
07-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Possibly, possibly :P

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Besides, when Walt buys a DDR machine for the headquarters, she'll be able to tinker with the system and hook him up. :lol:

varo
07-08-2004, 11:31 AM
*blech*

i'm all for campy characters, but that one kinda stinks.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-08-2004, 11:32 AM
She kinda reminds me of Wiz Kid from the X-Terminators/New Mutants. Just a little less dorky. A little.

jay042
07-08-2004, 11:34 AM
THe other question is whether she would have grown up any since her last appearance. It was 12 years real time. Would she still be a minor?

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-08-2004, 11:36 AM
I know it's a poor point of reference, but I use Dani Moonstar (my all-time favorite character) for age checks. Back in 1993, she was approximately 19-20 years old, and she's about 22 now... so Turbine would have aged 2-3 years or so.

But like I said, that's unreliable. I'd prefer to keep her young. She could be the Molly/Bruiser of the new Alpha Flight. :lol:

cmdrkoenig67
07-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Her dad Dr. Cargill built the cycle for her...I'm not sure if she's that much of a techie? I think she would be a good addition to a Beta or Gamma team, if she's still too young.

Dana

kozzi24
07-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Mapleleaf is camp enough right now, thanks!
However, it couldn't hurt to have her appear in one issue just to reestablish her.
Kitty Pryde is a better age comparison note as Claremont seems to have tracked this closely and carefully. By progression she'd be 19 or maybe 20. By most American alcohol dispensing laws, though, she would have to be 21 or have made herself a fake ID to be working as a bartender.

HappyCanuck
07-09-2004, 12:35 PM
By progression she'd be 19 or maybe 20. By most American alcohol dispensing laws, though, she would have to be 21 or have made herself a fake ID to be working as a bartender.

it was ruled that, circa the 'Twelve' storyline (1999/2000), Kitty was 21 years old and part way through her second year of university (don't ask me which iss, I dn't have them on hand, but DO remember the comment). She turned 20 shortly before the end of Excalibur (the first one, that didn't involve Genosha directly) - so it's inferred as she was talking/arguing with Pete Wisdom (tell me, who could REALLY make sence if they were fighting or not??). Therefore, she IS legal to work/go to bars.

kozzi24
07-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I forgot those tidbits. Thanks, but still think maybe her age was pushed a bit. Excalibur was 125 issues, and sometime around or before #50, she had been given a car but was not legal age to drive it (although UK driving laws may be 18 rather than the US 16, so I may be waaaay off base there.
But standards (acknowledging that Kitty's timing could very well be off seeing she did not attend regular schools) would put the sophomore year at 19-20, hence my further confusion.
With further thought, 21 does make sense as there have been a couple SIX MONTHS SINCE LAST ISSUE skips in Marvel continuity over the past few years.

cmdrkoenig67
07-10-2004, 04:40 AM
It sounds to me that Marvel aged Kitty really, really fast(how very soap opera of them). I don't understand why they'd want to do that...considering(technically) all of the supposedly mid-twenty year old X-Men(Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc...) should now all be almost (or over)thirty by comparison.

Wasn't Kitty 13 in her debut(the X-Men were supposed to be in their early twenties then...I think)?

Dana

HappyCanuck
07-10-2004, 08:20 AM
It sounds to me that Marvel aged Kitty really, really fast(how very soap opera of them). I don't understand why they'd want to do that...considering(technically) all of the supposedly mid-twenty year old X-Men(Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc...) should now all be almost (or over)thirty by comparison.

Wasn't Kitty 13 in her debut(the X-Men were supposed to be in their early twenties then...I think)?

Dana

In their first appearance: the original X-Men ranged from 15 (bobby) to 17 (Scott and Hank). Now they are all in they're late twenties, early thirties (during the Draco line, Warren is refered to being 'barely into his third decade'). Storm was supposedly in her early 20's when she first appeared, and the Draco prologue took place 'about thirty years ago', making Kurt 'about thirty. In her first appearance, Kitty was a little under a week past her 13th birthday.

now here's a better question: why the hell did I give all the extranious information, when the real question I could have summed up in a sentance? because I'm just that much of a b*****d.

kozzi24
07-10-2004, 10:57 AM
The best single thing Mark Waid has done on FF is that he has actually aged Franklin past 4 1/2 years old. He's now actually 7 or 8, and both acts it and looks it.

Phil
07-10-2004, 11:24 AM
(although UK driving laws may be 18 rather than the US 16, so I may be waaaay off base there.)

It's 17 unless they've gone and changed it again.

kozzi24
07-10-2004, 12:13 PM
That makes PERFECT sense to Kitty's age at the time of the story. I was confused because she seemed to be turning sexteen, as she had already turned fifteen, but (I think it was) Coiurtney Ross said something about one year until Kitty was legal, "so don't get caught." Claremont did an excellent job with tracking Kitty's age through the years.

cmdrkoenig67
07-10-2004, 06:04 PM
In their first appearance: the original X-Men ranged from 15 (bobby) to 17 (Scott and Hank). Now they are all in they're late twenties, early thirties (during the Draco line, Warren is refered to being 'barely into his third decade'). Storm was supposedly in her early 20's when she first appeared, and the Draco prologue took place 'about thirty years ago', making Kurt 'about thirty. In her first appearance, Kitty was a little under a week past her 13th birthday.

now here's a better question: why the hell did I give all the extranious information, when the real question I could have summed up in a sentance? because I'm just that much of a b*****d.

I didn't realize Marvel had stated that the Original X-Men were so mature....wow..thanks.

So....how old are the New Mutants now? Has it been stated in their new series? Rahne(14) and Bobby(13) were about Kitty's age, when they started. Danielle, Sam(both 17?) and Karma(19?) were all quite a bit older than her, also.

Dana

Ottawa Renegade
07-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Her name is Turbine, check it out...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/turbinespdm.htm

MM :P

Talk about your obscure finds...It wouldn't suprise me at all if you ended up inadvertently giving up a spoiler there.

I wouldn't mind the character on this team, though she might need to be updated a little bit.

kozzi24
07-18-2004, 12:23 AM
If Scott brings her in, I think it should be only if he can really do something with her. The book has its fill of corny, and adding might be overkill. But if he could put her to good use, maybe even as a viewpoint character to give us a "new lokk" at existing Alpha, then ALL AbOARD! He could even put a poll up, and if enough of us find her vapid, he could kill her as a parable of inexperience playing in the big leagues!