PDA

View Full Version : The Invasion of the Letter's Page!

ladymako71
07-08-2004, 03:13 PM
After Swifty's amazing luck and bragging rights for life...an idea hit me. Wanna see how many of us can actually get posted in the ANADAF letters page?

Start writing to Marvel kiddies! And if yer shy about yer actual name being posted, you can always use yer forum nick...I think they still allow that. Remember, the letters should be heaping praise or critique on the book.

PWalk
07-08-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm down, anyone know off hand where to send them through snail mail? or for that matter email?

Ben
07-08-2004, 03:19 PM
word is you have a better chance of hitting the pages with snail mail. Be it can't hurt in your letters to beg them to keep the series going forever :) Lets show Marvel that the fans DO care!

Ben

DelBubs
07-08-2004, 03:25 PM
The e-mail addy is officex@marvel.com and the snail mail is
Alpha Flight c/o Marvel Comics
10 East 40th Street
New York
NY 10016

Oh and you could take a glance at http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=121&start=0

I'm gonna send something to see if I can get my name in lights, but will proly do it snail mail.

ladymako71
07-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Muchas Gracias Del...I was looking for the addys to send stuff too.

Ben
07-08-2004, 03:37 PM
make sure you put "Okay To Print" somwhere obvious on the letter too.

Ben

Phil
07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Del! Heather! Err... M!

After this all Canadian issue, we need to get as many English letters in as possible, for an all English special!!!

(Or at least just get a few more letters in)

And then we can go for an all Oz/NZ issue!

(Or at least just show the diversity of the readership)

DelBubs
07-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Do you remember a case a few years back, when Marvel purloined a message from either the Awaves mailing list or somthing similar and actually printed it. I'm gonna try for a brit thing and snail mail somthing tomorrow.

Phil
07-08-2004, 04:34 PM
I'll get round to it Sat methinks...

Ben
07-08-2004, 04:53 PM
perhaps we could even do a letter on behalf of the entire forum :) Express a few common thoughts and opinions, and address it from the Alpha Waves Forum (insert URL here)

Ben

ladymako71
07-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I was thinking about that when I made the original query to you? Of course it's not a good thing normally when I get a hair brained idea right after coming home from work...I need time for my brain to get back to normal first THEN post crack pot ideas!

So wanna have a bash at composing a 'group grope' from the forum?

HappyCanuck
07-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Actually, that's a GREAT idea...

kozzi24
07-09-2004, 11:50 AM
To best increase your chances (judging from overall flavor of letter columns since they have resurfaced:
bring up any criticism in as few words as possible and overwhelm it with positive.
Any questions of "are we gonna see...?" should touch on something we will probably see
snail mail

And do Ben the favor of mentioning the forum!

Phil
07-10-2004, 11:47 AM
To best increase your chances (judging from overall flavor of letter columns since they have resurfaced:
bring up any criticism in as few words as possible and overwhelm it with positive.
Any questions of "are we gonna see...?" should touch on something we will probably see
snail mail

Yes Dad.
Thank you Dad.

ladymako71
07-10-2004, 12:39 PM

I planned too?

JohnnyCanuck
07-12-2004, 01:10 AM
has anyone here seen print in Alpha Waves?

I was in print ( and massively edited ) in Vol 1 # 113.

I know criticism and any kind of point that was made in the letter was cut and I sounded more like just a fanboy instead of a concerned fan.

kozzi24
07-12-2004, 10:32 AM
In Alpha I was printed in #118, and, yes, also heavily edited. Other letters in FF, Avengers, Excalibur & Night Thrasher #2 that I remember off the top of my head. Ralph Macchio sent me the paste-up of the letters page for FF.

Ben
07-12-2004, 04:27 PM
I just finished my letter, it is as follows:

Dear Alphans,

First off, I want to simply thank you all for bring Alpha Flight back to print. This has always
been, and always will be my favorite comic book title. Now I know there are those who say that
it’s not Alpha Flight, as there is no Guardian, no Puck (Judd), but to me this has very quickly
become the next chapter for Alpha Flight. Don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE to see a the original
cast and crew together again, it was great to see them in #5, but lets get that second Uncanny AF
title going! I want, and love both incarnations.

Each issue just gets better and better. I’m really getting a good feel for the new characters, and
they have a wonderful dynamic. Clayton’s art just keeps impressing me more and more, and
Scott’s writing shows him to be a true AF fan like the rest of us. There are so many questions I
want answered. What is Yukon Jack’s real story? What’s with Zuzha’s powers? But I’m happy
to wait it out to see.

I’ve been following the sales stats carefully for this title, as I’m so frightened that it might be
taken away from the loyal fans once more. Please oh powers that be, keep this title going for a
good long time! If you want to get a good sense of what the true fans are saying, visit the Alpha
Waves Forum at: http://forum.alphaflight.net .

Here’s to a great series, and a super creative team.

Ben Wells
PEI, Canada

here is my envelpe:
http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=133

kozzi24
07-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Great letter.
GREAT envelope!

JohnnyCanuck
07-15-2004, 01:23 AM
In Alpha I was printed in #118, and, yes, also heavily edited. Other letters in FF, Avengers, Excalibur & Night Thrasher #2 that I remember off the top of my head. Ralph Macchio sent me the paste-up of the letters page for FF.

Cool, I got my paste up page too.

ladymako71
07-15-2004, 01:28 AM
Mine went in the post the other day...here's hoping it gets there. ^^

kozzi24
07-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Good luck on publication, Jo!