PDA

View Full Version : I'm BACK! *leapie hugz to all!*

Remedy
07-10-2004, 04:55 AM
*Dances in and does the happy dance!*

Hullo hullo!

For those who might remember me, I'm the gal who wrote "A Remedy for Hope" and has he original character who was a healer. 8)

I still have her now very ancient page still up for the curious, which also has the old story up! (I'm still thankful for all the people who gave me feedback and seemed to enjoy my little fanfic).

http://remedyx.tripod.com/remedy

I still write about her occassionally, still draw her alot, play her on City of Heroes, and have roleplayed her a few times on a couple of message board RPG's to get a better feel for her character. HUGE fun!

Anyways, I'm a professional artist, and am currently in school learning how to do artwork, 3d animations etc for the videogame industry. I have a Deviant Art gallery with some of Rem's pictures in it if you're curious:

http://elfmaid.deviantart.com

I just picked up two issues of the newest Alpha Flight and am laughing my butt off and enjoying Nemesis's return! WOOHOO!

Now if only Marvel would stop dicking around with our poor beloved beleaguered Kyle! (What's with the nosferatu-wannabe look!??? ARGH!)

*waves madly*

Will try and stay current if the last semester of my course doesn't kill me first!

HUGZ all!

Remedy

Ben
07-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Remedy! I remember your art very well, and loved it! Feel free to send me any AF art you have for the pages ;) YOu don't wanna keep all that great art locked up in the cupboard now do you?

Ben

Phil
07-10-2004, 06:47 PM
She's already uploaded some ;)

Ben
07-10-2004, 07:06 PM
So I see! *jaw hits the cupboard floor* wow, that 3D Wild Child blows me away! wow! Mind if I put that in the fan art of the Wild Child gallery on AF.net?

Ben

Remedy
07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Please feel free to dear heart!

*feels the love*

I'm home!

*is so happy she cries*

Hm! I will have to dig through my old cd's and so on... I even think I might still have Snowbird's son from Second Flight lying around on a cd somewheres.

Oh, the 3d pic of Kyle is done in a 3d program called Poser.

www.curiouslabs.com

Sincerely, with enough practice, any of us can do pics like this and more! It's like using 3d computer generated action figures! 8)

It's alot of fun!

I think I still have that model of Kyle around somewheres, I kept meaning to do more of him and others too. If school stops eating my head I will do more.

Oh, and please feel free to use any of the art off of my Remedy site too Ben-luv. I have a few ones there that are originals of mine.

If there are any Remedy fans out there, I will try to post some of the more recent Remedy pics as well. Heh, on the site I actually took the fearful step of having Emily kiss Kyle... ok, so it's a retouched pic of Rogue and Remy... it was an experiment wayWAY back when, and maybe, if it's not too hoakey, I'll do another one someday. I just don't like being a too typical fangirl, no matter how much I love the personality of the original Kyle. *wink*

This is a lovely way to come back... I LOVE this forum guys, it gorgeous and FUN!

Much HUGZ!

Remedy

Ben
07-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Thanks Rem! I'll certainly put some of your pics up with my next (way overdue) update to the galleries. Maybe that will be my big project tomorrow...

As for poser, I have actually used it before, and have done a few AF pics with it. This was about 6 years ago, with a much less advanced version as is now available:

http://www.alphaflight.net/character_galleries/guardian2/guardian2_fan_gallery1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the forum :oops:

Ben

Phil
07-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah, Poser's a very useful tool, especially when combined with 3D Studio Max & Character Studio...

Remedy
07-10-2004, 10:20 PM
*looks at "old" Heather pic made in Poser*

WOOOHOO HEATHER!

Awesome pic! 8D

Still stands the test of time!

I'm still in the process of learning how to import Poser goodies etc into Max... I learned to do it sort of in Vue D'esprit, but HATE how hair comes out... and everything kind of looks... flat.

I've put up some images in my personal gallery. Please let me know if it takes up too much space, I can attempt to make a page layout in my cable co given webspace. I'm just not terribly good at html. LOL!

I've posted some older work for fun.

Oh, and I'm not sure but maybe I made a booboo in posting some Rem pics in the fan pics gallery, if I have please let me know and I'll delete em. heh... just happy to share my experiements with you folks, cause I loves ya!

syvalois
07-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Allo Remedy,

Nice to see you back

Sylvie