PDA

View Full Version : PUDDING!!!!

Richv1
07-14-2004, 07:41 PM
I can make hot custard and I just made a pie. Pudding I haven't made for awhile. I am a good cook. (Lets remember this is PG. )

Ben
07-14-2004, 08:05 PM
I can make hot custard and I just made a pie. Pudding I haven't made for awhile. I am a good cook. (Lets remember this is PG. )

DID HE JUST SAY PUDDING??

Ben

DelBubs
07-14-2004, 08:10 PM

BenI'm sure I saw the word PUDDING! in there somwhere. You do know what this means, of course ?

Richv1
07-14-2004, 10:56 PM
No what does this mean? What did Kozzi mean by pudding?

Ben
07-14-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm sure I saw the word PUDDING! in there somwhere. You do know what this means, of course ?

No! I will not let it degenerate to this!

*Ben slams his fist on the forum's imaginary table to emphasize his point, the steaming bowl of chocolate PUDDING! so precariously resting on the far end of the table summersaults into the air, landing perfectly upside down on Del's head. Several steams of PUDDING! start running down his face*

ooooops! I guess that did it eh?........FOOD FIGHT!

Ben

Richv1
07-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Now you have a picture of Sasquatch in my head all covered in pudding. Both vanilla and chocolate! With Puck ready to join him.

kozzi24
07-15-2004, 01:10 AM
No what does this mean? What did Kozzi mean by pudding?
You're blaming me?
I clearly brought up spotted dick, an English bread pudding, not the mushy stuff we have here.
Although with the new Banner of Plodex boy, tapioca pudding and its fish-egg consistency comes to mind

JohnnyCanuck
07-15-2004, 01:28 AM

BenI'm sure I saw the word PUDDING! in there somwhere. You do know what this means, of course ?

GOSH NO!!! Not PUDDING!!!!!

Getting my rain slicker now. see ya!

WHere's "Thing" when you need her??

ladymako71
07-15-2004, 01:34 AM
I'm sure Sylvie and the other ladies on the list will agree with me when I say this...

You sods make a mess with that stuff and YOU'RE cleaning it up!

Thank you!

Luv Jo, the anti June Cleaver.

DelBubs
07-15-2004, 03:42 AM
I'm sure I saw the word PUDDING! in there somwhere. You do know what this means, of course ?

No! I will not let it degenerate to this!

*Ben slams his fist on the forum's imaginary table to emphasize his point, the steaming bowl of chocolate PUDDING! so precariously resting on the far end of the table summersaults into the air, landing perfectly upside down on Del's head. Several steams of PUDDING! start running down his face*

ooooops! I guess that did it eh?........FOOD FIGHT!

BenHaving laboured all night and dedicated myself to reciprocating, a sponge based pudding covered in ice cream then covered again in fondant icing and spinkles flies through the ether. It makes it way unerrringly to Ben, who on hearing the arrival looks up with confused, but curious eyes, the PUDDING! heads faultlessy towards his face, he can barely say "NO!!!" before he is ...

kozzi24
07-15-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm armed with strawberries.
They have been recently discovered in the back of the fridge and are quite hairy.
Literally hairy, even more than my aunt Angela's back.

ladymako71
07-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Having laboured all night and dedicated myself to reciprocating, a sponge based pudding covered in ice cream then covered again in fondant icing and spinkles flies through the ether. It makes it way unerrringly to Ben, who on hearing the arrival looks up with confused, but curious eyes, the PUDDING! heads faultlessy towards his face, he can barely say "NO!!!" before he is ...

...Saved...by the poor sweet innocent shark fanatic who is trying to clear the area and save herself, like any good decent self loving Leo would. Sour expression firmly in place, Jo glances death in its miriade of forms at both the tosser and the tossee...deciding to exact payment later from the tossee, the tosser is then the victim of the dreaded 'Mako Wrath From Hell!' (tm pending) stare.

And a convient Pavlova she just happened to have on hand. Pavlova, a New Zealand treat of pure caloric overdose and no nutritional value, unless you count the kiwi and strawberry slices on the top...it's basically a booze soaked sponge cake with merange on top...and it's going flying! Right at the sod who started with the sponge pudding bomb!

And it missed! All those years of cricket and rugby and she MISSED! Rich who was standing slightly behind Del would disagree though as he is now wiping off...or at least trying too...a full kilo of booze soaked sponge cake, merange, and fruit salad.

Oh well!

Phil
07-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Hmm... faint locked away memories stirring.... :shock:

PWalk
07-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Just what in the hell is Blood Pudding? Maybe our mates across the pond can help me?

DelBubs
07-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Just what in the hell is Blood Pudding? Maybe our mates across the pond can help me?
Take one bull, rip it's bolloxs off, hang it upside down by it's ankles, slit the bastards throat, collect all the blood and gore that these activities have bought you, mix with yucky fat from a fryin pan, combine into a sausage ressembling knackwurst, slice a bit off and fry. The fried bit is blood pudding or 'Black Pud'. Now I could go into somthing about culinary delights, but in all honesty 'Black Pud' taste like the worst kind of **** you've ever forced into your mouth. Leave it alone, it was only created so cockney bastards could try and be hard.

Richv1
07-17-2004, 08:19 AM
BLOOD PUDDING

3 quarts pork blood
1-1/2 pounds raisins
1-1/4 pounds sugar
1 pound mixed nuts & chestnuts
3/4 pound rice--cooked
2 oranges with all rind
1 pound figs
1 teaspoon red peper
1 teaspoon black peper
2 tablespoons salt
bay leaf

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all and bake in oven for one (1) hour.

This pudding was made when the hogs were slaughtered on the farm. "Blood Pudding" was a commom dish during the earlier part of this century. When a hog was slaughtered nothing went to waste.

So here you go you can all make your own. Enjoy your very own pudding.

kozzi24
07-18-2004, 12:45 AM
I tried it in the UK.
I'll try anything ONCE

ladymako71
07-18-2004, 12:45 AM
small wonder people are vegetarian happy these days. <=)

kozzi24
07-18-2004, 10:58 AM
The other great English culinary delight is from the breakfast menu. Can't off the top of the noggin remember what it was called, but essentially it is deep fried sliced bread with all the taste and texture of wood that had been left under an oil-leaking car.

Richv1
07-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Is it Kuali? That is deep fried bread slices with squid juice. Marrina might enjoy them.

kozzi24
07-18-2004, 08:57 PM
I think it's just fried bread.
Squid juice might actually be an improvement.

DelBubs
07-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Fried bread is a bit strange on it's own, but to get the best from it, could I suggest the following.

Fry a slice of bread, place a runny fried egg on top followed by tinned tomatoes, mash the toms and eggs together so the juices flow over the bread. Then eat eggs, toms and the optional side order of bacon. The bread can then be eaten slowly while you read your newspapaer.

Oh and the bread should be lightly browned, not fried into a substance that when first cut breaks into lethal shrapnel.

PWalk
07-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Fried bread is a bit strange on it's own, but to get the best from it, could I suggest the following.

Fry a slice of bread, place a runny fried egg on top followed by tinned tomatoes, mash the toms and eggs together so the juices flow over the bread. Then eat eggs, toms and the optional side order of bacon. The bread can then be eaten slowly while you read your newspapaer.

Oh and the bread should be lightly browned, not fried into a substance that when first cut breaks into lethal shrapnel.

Now that sounds good. I'm making it this week.

As for the blood pudding, I'll try anything once so the next time I'm on that side of the pond I'll be sure to try it.

DelBubs
07-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Let us know what ya think PWalk, I've just had the very same thing down the cafe for lunch. As an added extra, maybe a little brown sauce added to the egg/tom mixture for extra tang.

kozzi24
07-19-2004, 11:07 AM
It has to be eaten slowly to avoid splinters!
The same concoction would be edible if on well buttered toast.
Glad you enjoy it Phil, but I think it might be a limited specialty. When ordfering our English breakfasts with "no fried bread!" more often than not we've gotten the response of the server: "I don't blame you!"

DelBubs
07-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Well buttered toast would work, but the fried slice done proper without the splintering properties just seems to work better. Oh and as Phil, not sure if he enjoys the fried slice, from what I know of his breakfasting activities, he seems to be a croissant and cuppa man.

Phil
07-19-2004, 04:52 PM
@#*% that mate.
It's just all that hotel has.
I like a good bit of meat in me early in the morning.
And I'm not even going to bother to try and rephrase that, so mind out of the gutter deviants.

I've got to say, I'm as English as they come and never had black pudding though.

ladymako71
07-19-2004, 04:58 PM
@#*% that mate.
It's just all that hotel has.
I like a good bit of meat in me early in the morning.
And I'm not even going to bother to try and rephrase that, so mind out of the gutter deviants.

I've got to say, I'm as English as they come and never had black pudding though.

To late mate...Oh so late on that one! LOLOL

I've never had black pud either but then I'm from one of the colonies...one of the ones that didn't tell the crown to sod off. ;)

We have pavs instead. *is still miffed ehr pav tossing was in vain...SOMEBODY owes me a soul*

Phil
07-19-2004, 05:31 PM
I swear Del made a reply here a second ago :|

DelBubs
07-19-2004, 05:35 PM
I did, but then recanted :-) It was basically about the hotel. It may have a limited breakfast menu, but anywhere that sells beer to an innebriated person at 1-30am in the morning can't be all bad :-)

Oh and even though it don't sell fried slice, it still gets kudos for the beer thing.

Richv1
07-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Isn't a grilled cheese sandwich just fried bread/butter/cheese? Right so fried bread can be good.

kozzi24
07-20-2004, 11:54 PM
English fried bread is DEEP FRIED.

Phil
07-21-2004, 02:54 AM
Heh, it's not deep fried at all.

ladymako71
07-21-2004, 09:38 AM
what are you lot even moaning about? French Toast is bloody battered fried bread! eesh...men. =p

PWalk
07-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Well I had the fried bread, tomato, and egg concoction last night for dinner and I gotta say it wasn't that bad. I deep fried the bread in 300 degree oil for about a minute then laid tomato and "scrambled" eggs on top. Not bad with a couple of sausage links.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-21-2004, 11:32 AM
*Just stares in abject HORROR at that concoction* Oh, I bet that a couple of hours after you ate that, a few more "sausage links" were produced. Can I get some Pepto in the house, before this man dies a screaming, wretched, horrible death?!

ladymako71
07-21-2004, 11:39 AM
LOL I hate to be the one to tell you this mate, but that's typical Brit fair right there! if it hasn't been fried to death it's been mixed with stuff most people in the US cringe at. I personally am a huge fan of tomatoes on toast and baked beans on toast...then there's bangers and mash, egg and chips, meatpies! that last = YUM! as far as I'm concerned, but I digress. ^^ Aussie/Kiwi cuisine is a lot like it's British cousin...interesting. ;)

DelBubs
07-21-2004, 12:09 PM
what are you lot even moaning about? French Toast is bloody battered fried bread! eesh...men. =p

French/Gypsy toast done proper is an excellent snack. Crack a couple of eggs, mix until it's all yellow and running and soak the bread. Fry in very hot oil and liberally smother in brown sauce. What I call a munchies snack :-)

kozzi24
07-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Well I had the fried bread, tomato, and egg concoction last night for dinner and I gotta say it wasn't that bad. I deep fried the bread in 300 degree oil for about a minute then laid tomato and "scrambled" eggs on top. Not bad with a couple of sausage links.
As Jo almost pointed out, you missed the baked beans and shrooms. English sausage tends to be smoother but mushier than US counterparts, and their bacan is more of the "Canadian" variety than the brittle-crisp American. Strange at first, but acceptable. Maybe I just has a real bad batch the first time I tried the fried bread, but it was most definitely deep fried, with the texture of wood. This was at (THIS IS TRUE!!) the Kicking Dickey Pub in Great Dunmow, a few minutes from Stansted airport.

kozzi24
07-21-2004, 12:13 PM

French/Gypsy toast done proper is an excellent snack. Crack a couple of eggs, mix until it's all yellow and running and soak the bread. Fry in very hot oil and liberally smother in brown sauce. What I call a munchies snack :-)

French Toast is softer than the fried bread, and (here, at least) is typically grilled with just a bit of butter to lube the pan. Also typically with a little milk and vanilla in the egg mixture, served with maple syrup.

DelBubs
07-21-2004, 12:18 PM

French Toast is softer than the fried bread, and (here, at least) is typically grilled with just a bit of butter to lube the pan. Also typically with a little milk and vanilla in the egg mixture, served with maple syrup.
That sounds bloody gorgeous, gonna have to give that a whirl. Re Great Dunmow, that is the nicer part of Essex, although that pub didn't do us any favours. If you want real fried bread, go to a greasy spoon, those people have been doing it for years.

kozzi24
07-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I'll try anything ONCE. Fried bread had its shot, so blame "Missus Dickey" for my passing on second opportunities.

ladymako71
07-21-2004, 02:44 PM
If I stick mushrooms on anything it's going to be a pizza or anything else remotely related to Italian food....or Asian come to think of it.

I grew up with the 'Down Under' version of Brit food and it all depends on what was actually available, seeing as most of the time I was living south of the equator it was in Aussie. Way out in the middle of nowhere Aussie. Everything we had in town was trucked in because we were so remote on the Northwest Cape.

Richv1
07-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Brittle crisp American bacon? I'm Canadian and my bacon is brittle and crisp. Is somebody hiding away some other kind of bacon?

kozzi24
07-21-2004, 10:47 PM
In the US we have "bacon" and "Canadian Bacon." "Bacon" is typically fried until brille and crisp. "Canadian Bacaon" by comparison is more of a peculiar ham. The bacon I've had in England is more of the "peculiar" (that's not in a bad sense) ham.
I've been tempted many a time to bring a slab of American Bacon to the toasted sandwhich truck guy at Swinderby, but figured after the foot-and-mouth thing that getting caught with it would NOT be a pleasant experience.

JohnnyCanuck
07-22-2004, 12:50 AM
In the US we have "bacon" and "Canadian Bacon." "Bacon" is typically fried until brille and crisp. "Canadian Bacaon" by comparison is more of a peculiar ham. The bacon I've had in England is more of the "peculiar" (that's not in a bad sense) ham.
I've been tempted many a time to bring a slab of American Bacon to the toasted sandwhich truck guy at Swinderby, but figured after the foot-and-mouth thing that getting caught with it would NOT be a pleasant experience.

Canadian Bacon is just Back bacon or Peameal Bacon. But I think I'll be calling it peculiar ham from now on.

Also the french toast recipe with the milk and vanilla can also have cinnamon added , and goes real well with some "peculiar ham" on the side.

Phil
07-23-2004, 03:31 PM
So PUDDING eh?

ladymako71
07-23-2004, 03:37 PM
yes... PUDDING! what happened to the PUDDING!?!?!?!?!

Last time I looked I took a mug full thanks to Del trying to nail Ben...a certain jesus look alike owes me for that too. *hinthint* I retaliated...or tried to and nailed Rich with a Pavlova, Del ducked. At least that's em story and I'm sticking to it...it sounds better then 'Jo missed'. anyway. =p

Phil
07-23-2004, 03:40 PM
*sets up booby twaps*

ladymako71
07-23-2004, 03:45 PM
That's a lot of boob to trap mate...

Phil
07-23-2004, 03:50 PM
There's not really much I can say to that..... :oops:

ladymako71
07-23-2004, 04:00 PM
There's not really much I can say to that..... :oops:

nope, you nor anyone else either for that matter. ;)

although I'm sure Del'll give it a shot.

Richv1
07-24-2004, 08:06 PM
So I lived in Canada all my life and I've never had Canadian bacon only American? Now how about the eggs? Are there Canadian eggs I don't know about?

Phil
07-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Yeah - they're maple leaf shaped and the yolk is red...

Richv1
07-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Well I'm not eating any eggs that are red. Maybe green with ham but not red ones. :)

Ben
07-25-2004, 06:22 PM
yes... PUDDING! what happened to the PUDDING!?!?!?!?!

Last time I looked I took a mug full thanks to Del trying to nail Ben...a certain jesus look alike owes me for that too. *hinthint* I retaliated...or tried to and nailed Rich with a Pavlova, Del ducked. At least that's em story and I'm sticking to it...it sounds better then 'Jo missed'. anyway. =p

So, it looks like Rich is to chicken to deal with the Pavlova running down the side of his head eh? ;)

Ben

kozzi24
07-25-2004, 10:05 PM
What about brown eggs, local to Rhode Island and New England from the Rhode Island Red rooster?

ladymako71
07-26-2004, 04:41 AM
So, it looks like Rich is to chicken to deal with the Pavlova running down the side of his head eh? ;)

Ben

As long as it's been sitting there, he's gonna need a bloody jack hammer to get it off....that stuff be MESSY!

p.s. oi ben? yer mum's chinese gooseberries all planted?

Richv1
07-26-2004, 10:49 AM
ladymako71 the Pavlova is still soft here have some. "Smears it all over her" :lol: :lol: :lol:

ladymako71
07-26-2004, 01:36 PM
after I shower all this crap off I'm going to go in full PMS mode and nail the LOT of yas with PUDDING!

Get cosy boys because thanks to Jello I can have a tonne of it in 5 minutes! yer all shark chowder now!

Richv1
07-26-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm getting jello put on me by a female :lol: more.! What flavour I like lime. :lol:

ladymako71
07-26-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm gonna nail every single one of yas in one go!

500 litres of Jello instant PUDDING! in the catapult! And Launched!

Take that you men, you!

*conviently huffs off in triumph and avoids further food fights, with a nice book and cup of coffee*

Richv1
07-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Walks over and accidently tips coffee over into ladies lap. Oppies :lol: While PUDDING is still dripping down.

ladymako71
07-29-2004, 02:24 AM
yer just looking to die aren't you?

*is still scheming master plan of revenge*

Richv1
07-29-2004, 04:09 PM
"Master Plans" :roll: hmmmm maybe I should consult The Master for help? :lol: What to do with coffee and pudding and ladymako71? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Phil
07-31-2004, 07:41 PM
What to do with coffee and pudding and ladymako71? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Smile nicely at her, and hope that she gives you a tip when you bring them to her table?

ladymako71
07-31-2004, 07:44 PM
Smile nicely at her, and hope that she gives you a tip when you bring them to her table?

I love when they're trained. >=)

Richv1
08-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Now weres the fun in that? :lol: :twisted:

ladymako71
08-01-2004, 09:17 PM
who said anything about fun for you lot?

Richv1
08-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Aw can't we all just play and get along. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ladymako71
08-03-2004, 04:19 PM
hmm? play along nicely?

*ponders*

Nope! I always got written up in me school report cards as the recluse in the back of the classroom that scared people. ^^

DelBubs
08-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Underneath that cold murderous sharkskin is a cuddly pussycat just dying to get out :-) The pussy cat is equiped with trifle.

ladymako71
08-03-2004, 05:01 PM
yeah a pussycat also schooled in the ways of the Maori mate...^^

DelBubs
08-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Cheers Jo, I now have an image of a Tabby doing the haka. Officer Dibble!

ladymako71
08-03-2004, 05:20 PM
leo, chinese year of the tiger, this kitten has claws! and fangs!

and yes it can do the haka too.

DelBubs
08-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Aquarius, Chinese year of the Oozelam Bird and honourary member of the Fequari tribe. This probably means nothing to you, it means even less to me. :?

ladymako71
08-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Aquarius, Chinese year of the Oozelam Bird and honourary member of the Fequari tribe. This probably means nothing to you, it means even less to me. :?

ya got that right. but I digress, I am an egotistical maniac and I blame it entirely on te various zodiac signs I was born under. ^^

I'm still schemeing though on how to get the ultimate revenge for the size=24][PUDDING![/size]

DelBubs
08-03-2004, 05:34 PM
The PUDDING debacle that headed your way was courtesy of a certain RichV if memory serves. So in the interest of Anglo/New Zealand relationships I shall bake a very gooey Queen of Puddings with extra cream and send it flying in the general direction of that most nefarious of message posters. It shall also have a homing beacon that will, no matter what obstacles are put in it's way, wend it's way to his unprotected pate.

ladymako71
08-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Awww, thank you. Helen will thank you too. ^^

'bout time someone else began flinging again instead of me who inevitably ends up WEARING it anyway!

Richv1
08-03-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm a leo to and my chinese sign is the Dragon. So I have big claws. And that guy sitting in the back of the classroom just behind you was me. :lol: I was there making PUDDING! :lol:
You can do the haka Wow I can do goju.