PDA

View Full Version : So I saw this little movie today....

ladymako71
07-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Actually I saw two of them today but only one applies to this bunch... ^^

As I'm walking into the mall where the theatre is, I got a sign... Walking out was this bloke about 5'3" who looks an AWFUL lot like our very own Spiderman addict, Swifty! With the exception of the fact that the bloke looked quite comfy in jeans and a black tee which would kill any Canadian considering the temp out right now. (about 40C or 104F depending on which one floats yer boat)

So I go in and get me ticket, have a bite and watch the first movie which is of no concequence to this log...I have 20 mins to change theatres for SpiderMan 2 Jo finds the mother of all comfy spots in the theatre and kicks back to enjoy 2.5 hours of comic book goodness!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Doc Oct and the arms blew me away! OMG! Dude! I love when he rips the canvas off at the Oscorp demo and gets them on. Yeah okay I did wince a little, acupuncture gone awry, but it was an amazing effect none the less. The effects overall with Doc Oct were just mind blowing!

Honestly I was a squeely fangirl for the most part during this thing. Well a quiet squeely fangirl but I was drooling all over myself none the less. I personally thought this movie kicked major a**e! The story I found better then the first one too.

One last thought though...the bit where you see de masked Spidey crowd surfing kinda...they do a profile shot. Either God REALLY loved the boy, or Toby McGuire had about 4 pairs of gym socks shoved down the spandex. amen!

Ben
07-19-2004, 02:01 PM
I agree, everything about his flick blew me away. I love the first one, I thought this one put it to shame. But I can't say that I noticed his "package", sorry Jo. Maybe you can get a poster of that shot and put it on yer wall.

Ben

ladymako71
07-19-2004, 02:09 PM
I agree, everything about his flick blew me away. I love the first one, I thought this one put it to shame. But I can't say that I noticed his "package", sorry Jo. Maybe you can get a poster of that shot and put it on yer wall.

Ben

Well no...I don't expect you to notice things like that (unless there's something yer not telling me ^^) And man did I love this movie! <3<3<3

The other one I saw on Friday was REALLY good too. But as I said doesn't pertain to this little corner of madness so I won't go on about it.

PWalk
07-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Well i can't say I was admiring his webbing that closely but I know my gf had a smile on her face leaving the film and she's not a comic fan. 8)

It was a great film. I thought they did well with setting up part 3 towards the end.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

AHEAD!

I didn't realize his Professor was Dr. Connors until I realized he was missing his arm. I turned to my gf and said do you know who that is and she shrugged. Nonetheless as I was walking out I overheard two people talking about him and we all agreed the Lizard has to be in part 3.

Also does anyone find it convenient that Jameson Jr is an astronaut? Wonder what would happen if he came across a symbiote of some sort up there on the moon and brought it back to Earth. Especially since he hates Parker now for stealing his girl. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :wink:

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who noticed that little (little?!) profile shot, Jo. :lol:

Also, Jameson Jr. has always been an astronaut, as far as I know. He was in the Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon (which I watched exclusively for the High Evolutionary, hands down my favorite anti-hero of all time).

bigbloo
07-21-2004, 09:50 AM
I also loved this movie!

Doesn't John Jameson Jr turn into a space werewolf or something?

ladymako71
07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I also loved this movie!

Honestly Doc, I dunno. You're going to have to wait and see what the resident spider nut has to say in response to that if he answers... *glares at todd*

DelBubs
07-21-2004, 11:47 AM
I also loved this movie!

In the comics Jameson went to the moon, found this stone and became StarWolf or somthing similar. Re Spidey 2, haven't seen it yet, but I keep hearing that it is better than the first. Although one person I saw seems convinced that Spidey 3 is gonna have the Osbourne kid as the main villian.

On that tack, both Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have already signed up for number three which is slated for a 2007 release, but have both said that any number four has got to have an xcellent script to bring then back for it.

In related news :-), it's also been said that Daredevil 2 is dependent on how well the Elektra movie does. Also Ieunn Gruffyud (the welsh geezer who plays Hornblower, is going to play the part of Reed Richards, Michael Chiklis (Vic Mackie) is playing the Thing and someone from Alias will be 'The Invisible Woman'. (I really need to get of this thing more)

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-21-2004, 04:46 PM
An Elektra movie. Cringe.

DelBubs
07-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Yup, same woman who played her in Daredevil, but with a more figure hugging red leather cossie. No offence MMLjr, but why don't I feel that that by itself is gonna convince you to see it? :?

Mystic
07-21-2004, 05:14 PM
I know that I more than likely won't see the Elektra movie (and I love the character). I felt that casting Jennifer Garner in the role was a tragic mistake (much like casting Ben Affleck as DD). Elektra would have to have astounding reviews and a large crowd draw just to get me to even think about going to see it.

I have yet to see Spider-Man 2, but am waiting anxiously for it.

-Mystic

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-21-2004, 05:31 PM
First of all... my sentiments exactly, Mystic.

Second of all... I'd be offended by that, Del, if it weren't so blatantly true. :lol:

Le Messor
07-31-2004, 09:53 PM
I loved the Spider-Man 2 movie; but for those who thought the story was much better than #1, here's a challenge:
Read the following plot synopsis, then I'll have another challenge for you.

Harry Osbourne introduces Peter Parker to a scientist on the verge of a breakthrough. PP impresses that scientist with his knowledge of both science and the man himself, so much so that they become friends.
An experiment involving the scientist's breakthrough gives the scientist superpowers, but drives him insane. He starts talking to himself.
Having lost Ozcorp funding, he becomes a supervillain to get his experiments back.
Meanwhile, tho' PP loves MJ, he's lost her because he acted too slow.
His supervillain debut takes place in a location where PP just happens to be. They fight.
The villain, at one point, attacks Aunt May.
Later, to get to PP, to get to Spider-Man, he kidnaps Mary Jane. When PP goes after them, they get into a fight where the villain threatens NYC public transport. Spider-Man saves it, but the villain attacks, and a bunch of average New Yorkers defend him from this major super-villain.
Spidey then fights the villain, who dies, having learned Spidey's secret identity.

Along the way, we see cool little things, like Spidey learning to use his powers, Stan Lee saving people from the rubble of a superheroic fight.

Now, your second challenge:
The above is a fairly detailed plot description. Is it:
A) Spider-Man 1
B) Spider-Man 2
C) Not Enough Information
D) The Adversary, The Reaver of Kings, The Ruler of the Pit, The Prince of this World, The Great Beast that is called 'Dragon'
?

(Sorry about D), I've been re-reading Good Omens lately.)

- Le Messor
Anyone in Morrisville, Vermont who wants to take a bath must first get a permit from the Board of Selectmen.

SwiftFox
08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Now, your second challenge:
The above is a fairly detailed plot description. Is it:
A) Spider-Man 1
B) Spider-Man 2
C) Not Enough Information
D) The Adversary, The Reaver of Kings, The Ruler of the Pit, The Prince of this World, The Great Beast that is called 'Dragon'
?

C'mon Mik... bigger challenge next time. Answer is "E) BOth A & B" :)

SwiftFox
08-01-2004, 12:57 AM
In the comics Jameson went to the moon, found this stone and became StarWolf or somthing similar.

MoonWolf

Although one person I saw seems convinced that Spidey 3 is gonna have the Osbourne kid as the main villian.

Yes... they set that up so that pretty much anyone should have gotten it, comic fan or no...

Sir John A.
08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
Also does anyone find it convenient that Jameson Jr is an astronaut? Wonder what would happen if he came across a symbiote of some sort up there on the moon and brought it back to Earth. Especially since he hates Parker now for stealing his girl.

In the comic was still an astronaut and found some rock on the moon which turned him into a werewolf..... :?:

Anyway,

In the cartoon Spidey from the 90's Jameson Jr. found the Venom symbiote while in space.

Personally I think we could have 3 villans in Spidey 3:

1) Venom / Jameson Jr. (though remember Eddie Brock is mentioned in #1)
2) the Lizard
3) the Green Goblin #2 / Hobgoblin (Harry)

I think they might go for Harry as the Hobgoblin since they've already sold tons of Green Goblin toys from the first movie.

Le Messor
08-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Swifty,

I thought reading that summary was challenge enough!
:-)

- Le Messor
"Anything is possible, unless it’s not."