View Full Version : October Solicits *Updated with #8 Preview Image - Jul 22*

Ahab
07-18-2004, 12:46 AM
SABRETOOTH #1 & #2 (OF 5)
Written by DANIEL WAY
Penciled by BART SEARS
Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
PARTS 1 & 2 (OF 5)
The most brutal villain in the Marvel Universe returns! But has he gone too far this time? Did Sabretooth destroy an entire island of innocent humans? And what will happen when the U.S. Military tries to bring him down? Will they succeed – or pay the ultimate price? Guest appearance by SASQUATCH!! Yes, SASQUATCH!
32 PGS. (each)/MARVEL PSR …$2.99 (each)

ALPHA FLIGHT #8
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Penciled by DAVE ROSS
Cover by SKOTT YOUNG
"WAXING POETIC" PART 2 (OF 2)
Montreal faces its gravest hour as it falls under attack by…wax statues of the entire Marvel Universe?! Can Alpha Flight pull itself together in time to save this crown jewel of Quebec?
32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: WOLVERINE 2004
Written by ERIC J. MOREELS & RONALD BYRD Cardstock
Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA & RICHARD ISANOVE The Mighty Marvel Handbook collides with everyone’s favorite mutant! Featuring the most comprehensive profile of Wolverine ever committed to print, OHOTMUW04 also includes in-depth bios on more than 25 of the feral X-Man’s friends and foes — from Amiko to Yukio. Plus: exhaustive entries on Adamantium, Alpha Flight, Madripoor and Weapon X — and an all-new
Cover by superstar artist Salvador Larroca, digitally painted by Richard Isanove!
48 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$3.99

No cover pics yet, but at least we get 3 Alpha-related comics this month. Have to say that I'm interested to see what they'll do with Sasquatch in the Sabretooth issue!

DelBubs
07-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Wax statues of the MU attacking, sounds like a job for a box of matches. Sas v Sabretooth, is Sas vicious enough to take on the kiling machine, and the Wolvie Universe. Thats three for me already that month, plus whatever else appears.

Quite looking forward to Sas in Sabretooth.

Legerd
07-18-2004, 10:33 AM
I just went all over the Marvel website and can't find anything refering to Sas/Sab, can you tell me when it's coming out or are the first two out already?

DelBubs
07-18-2004, 10:39 AM
We never rely on Marvel for their solicits, they are useless at promoting stuff. Normally if you know the obscure sites you can find solicits long before they come up n the recognised sites.

Re Sabretooth, I guess the first two will be out early to mid October. Cover images and such normally get posted towards the end of the month.

kozzi24
07-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Sasquatch will wear an adamantium wrist guard and hold Sabes back by the forehead. There's at least three pages of Sabes swinging his arms, trying to reach Sas.

Legerd
07-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks Del, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Naw Kozzi, he'll put the armour he wore against the Juggernaut back on and bellyflop on Creed.

Phil
07-19-2004, 05:22 PM
ALPHA FLIGHT #8
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Penciled by DAVE ROSS
Cover by SKOTT YOUNG
Montreal faces its gravest hour as it falls under attack by…wax statues of the entire Marvel Universe?! Can Alpha Flight pull itself together in time to save this crown jewel of Quebec?

Well, that explains Skottie's cover and what Scott said about not strictly having interaction with other teams.

Phil
07-19-2004, 05:29 PM
also...

AVENGERS #503
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by DAVID FINCH
"AVENGERS DISASSEMBLED" PART 4 (OF 4)
The shocking double-sized conclusion to the comic event of the year! The Avengers
come face to face with the enemy that destroyed them and nothing will ever be the same
again. A story so big, a regular-sized comic could not contain it! The last page cameo
will have the comic world talking for years!
Guest-starring every Avenger... ever!!
48 PGS. /MARVEL PSR …$3.50
UPC: 5960604458-50311

Ben
07-19-2004, 09:34 PM
very Nice! I wonder if Sasquatch will appear in both #1 and #2...or maybe he'll be involved in the full mini. I've been hoping for a while that some AF characters on the current team would appear in other books. It'll encourage people to buy it.

Ben

Ben
07-19-2004, 10:55 PM
I just noticed who is doing the art ont he Sabertooth book, Bart Sears should do a really interesting Sasquatch. I quite like his work.

Ben

Nalyd Psycho
07-20-2004, 05:01 AM
I don't care for Sears, but his style should work amazingly well on characters like Sabertooth and Sasquatch, so I like him as the choice for this mini.

DelBubs
07-20-2004, 12:39 PM
I've gone through the solicits a few times at the Quesada boards and I'll be damned if I can find a solicit for Weapon X. have my eyes finally given up, or have I missed something?

cmdrkoenig67
07-21-2004, 01:03 PM
All I can say is Yay!... That AF is in the Wolverine Handbook....I just hope it's more than one page....cause they probably won't get their own.

Dana

EDIT: .....And YAY! That Sas is in Sabretooth.

Ben
07-21-2004, 01:06 PM
All I can say is Yay!... That AF is in the Wolverine Handbook....I just hope it's more than one page....cause they probably won't get their own.

Dana

I feel pretty confidant that ERIC J. MOREELS will give AF thier fair due in the book, and the preview says
exhaustive entries on Adamantium, Alpha Flight, Madripoor and Weapon X so that implies to me lots o' info :) so "yay" is right! :) {nemesis} <---oooo new smily

Ben

Major Mapleleaf Jr
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Actually, Ben, while I'm looking forward to reading the book, I don't think Moreels will do a great job. I base this solely on the X-Men Encyclopedia, and the entries on Alpha Flight. I felt that he did a rather poor job. But then again, he had to condense a LOT of history from across the Marvel Universe for the book, so I can cut him a little slack.

Still, I'm not holding my breath for anything particularly nifty in this upcoming book.

bigbloo
07-22-2004, 10:45 AM
ALPHA FLIGHT #8
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Penciled by DAVE ROSS
Cover by SKOTT YOUNG

I quite looking forward to seeing AF go up against the rest of the Marvel Heroes, just so we can see how they stack up. I really enjoyed that Alpha versus the rest of the MU bit in vol 1.

I'd love to see a Storm versus Snowbird rematch, and i cant wait to see Iron Man vs Mac. Oh, and Major Maple Leaf vs Doop! :D

Phil
07-22-2004, 06:00 PM
http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=148

DelBubs
07-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Drool, just drool, nuff said. I see a new avatar coming on Ben :-)

beetleblack
07-22-2004, 07:41 PM
I believe the word I'm looking for here is AWSOME!

PWalk
07-22-2004, 08:42 PM
http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=148

Is that the Vol. 2 Sassy? Ahh who cares I love it!

Ben
07-24-2004, 05:58 PM
kinda looks like a hybrid between Sas I and SAS II. Looks amazing though. I'll hook ya up shortly Del :). You want it just as is, with red background, yellow background, or something else?

Ben

Ben
07-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Just came upon a bigger version of said pic, you cn really see the background here: http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=151

Ben

jay042
07-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Has to be vol 2. Sas with those dreads and big teeth.

Ben
07-24-2004, 10:55 PM

Perhaps it is a wax model of Sas II. That would make a fun fight, Sas I vs. Sas II...kinda

Or maybe the cover artist just made a boo-boo.

Ben

Nalyd Psycho
07-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Who cares, it's the best cover of the month!

Ben
07-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Who cares, it's the best cover of the month!

Agreed! this is one heck of a rockin' cover! GO SASQUATCH! ;)

Phil
07-25-2004, 04:43 PM

Hey, after seeing Walt on a dance machine dreds are the next step :wink: