PDA

View Full Version : Looks like AF #6 is delayed :(

Ben
07-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, Phil and I were anxiously wating for the Mile High 4 page previews to be put up...and well...all the images for the other marvel titles were uploaded, but no AF! So Phil checked the Diamond shipping list, and AF isn't on it :(

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/expected_080404.txt

We figure perhaps Clayton was late with his pencils, so it's a week behind, and that would explain why David Ross is doing the next 2 issues, for Clay to catch up. *sigh* now we gotta wait a whole extra week!!!

Ben

Mokole
07-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Maybe yes, maybe no. I went to milehigh and saw only last week's list up on first looks. No Exiles #50, Uncanny X-Men, Thor, etc., not just AF. And Diamond lists are tentative. A couple of other comics are missing from their lists that were due August 4 (X-Force was one, I forget the other). When milehigh has August 4 first looks up maybe that'll tell us for sure.

After all, first looks for AF #5 were what, 2 days late? Or was it three? I know they weren't up July 2 or 3 like they were supposed to be. :roll:

Maybe AF #6 will be on time. Maybe ask Clayton or Scott, if possible. :idea:

Ben
07-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Mokole, welcome to the forum!

I was actually looking in this week's image dir. at Mile High:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/080404/images/

all the marvel stuff got uploaded, but no AF.

As for #5, I'm not sure what happened, as it was late in some places, and not in others. One of my local shops had it on time, and 2 blocks down the street, an other shop didn't get it until the following wednesday.

Ben

ladymako71
07-28-2004, 11:39 PM
I know comic shipping in July was just off for Diamond as a whole. Two of the trucks I work on at UPS were getting shipments from them on odd days like fridays, I even saw a saturday air one from them, so it's safe to say the month as a whole was off. It just depended on where your shop was on their order list I guess.

kozzi24
07-29-2004, 12:26 AM
My shop (W1ldtime Comics, North Attleboro Massachusetts) gets a preview copy of all the next week's books, and the owner is great about having them on display for a thumb thru.
No Alpha #6 in this week's stack for next week.

DelBubs
07-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Just on my way out the door so haven't had chance to recheck this, but looking at Marvels site last week, I'm sure I saw Alpha slated for August 8th and not the 4th, probably why no preview yet.

If any one would care to check, I'm on the way out the door.

Mokole
07-29-2004, 07:59 PM
I went to marvel.com, AF is listed as coming out August 4, 2004. I guess it's wait and see time, most evidence now points to an August 11th release. {nemesis}

Nalyd Psycho
07-29-2004, 10:17 PM
It's always the concludding chapter isn't it?

Oh well, Henry's pencils are worth it.

cmdrkoenig67
07-30-2004, 10:06 PM
What I don't get is how all these writers and artists now get away with being late all the time(isn't that Kevin Smith fellow consistantly late?). They would have probably been fired in the old days(my old days, anyway...the seventies/eighties). Don't get me wrong...I really like the artwork in AF, but deadlines used to mean something in the comics biz.

Dana

Nalyd Psycho
07-31-2004, 12:13 AM
Because Spawn crushed Marvel comic in sales. Because the Image creators wanted the freedom to be actual artists. The catch 22 is this. To provide great art, it is very difficult to do an issue in 30 days. And if you sacrifice art for deadlines, the book simply can't compete. A book with 70's/80's style art nowadays would collect dust on the shelf.

ladymako71
07-31-2004, 05:09 AM
I went to marvel.com, AF is listed as coming out August 4, 2004. I guess it's wait and see time, most evidence now points to an August 11th release. {nemesis}

ooo! day early b-day pressie if it comes out on the 11th! I finally got #5 which I preordered from Sasquatch comics in PEI yesterday. It'd been held up somewhere along the lines, and going by other packages and stuff I know of going between the US and Can I have my suspitions... ¬_¬

Diamond has lables on it's boxes when they ship so I can get a squizz and see if AF #6 is on the order form when it comes through work on tuesday/wednesday I'll let you know either way when I see the comic shop on my route get loaded whether AF 6 is on it or not.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-02-2004, 11:46 AM
I agree with Nalyd; Clayton's pencils are worth it.

Phil
08-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Geez people, it's ONE week....

It's not like it's 3 months or something of Kevin Smith proportions late :wink:

Mokole
08-04-2004, 02:45 AM
Well, I guess only one week late. Diamond comics has it shipping for the 11th. I checked http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/expected_081104.txt to make sure. We should see milehigh's first looks Wednesday p.m., likely. {nemesis}

Nalyd Psycho
08-04-2004, 06:15 AM

Still a pisser.

PWalk
08-04-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm going to be in Vegas that week. Anyone know of any stores in the Sin City where I might be able to grab a copy?

Ben
08-04-2004, 12:35 PM

LOok at the bright side too. We'll only have to wait three weeks for the next one :) {northstar}

Ben

ladymako71
08-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm going to be in Vegas that week. Anyone know of any stores in the Sin City where I might be able to grab a copy?

I know of four! And how to get to them from whatever hotel yer staying at....actually check yer PM, I'll send the info to that.

ladymako71
08-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Actually for anyone who does find themselves visiting Sin City, the nearest one to the Las Vegas Strip is:

Cosmic Comics at 3330 E Tropicana Ave.

Jo, vegas know how at yer service. ;)

ladymako71
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Diamond has lables on it's boxes when they ship so I can get a squizz and see if AF #6 is on the order form when it comes through work on tuesday/wednesday I'll let you know either way when I see the comic shop on my route get loaded whether AF 6 is on it or not.

Well they came through today and no AF #6 to be found...I checked the second I saw me first box for the two comic shops I load. Looks like next week then.

Mokole
08-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Well, no previews up yet for AF #6. Or any Marvel titles. Thursday perhaps?

I hope AF #5 sold over 31,000 and AF #6 does even better. It would be good to see AF level off at around 32,000 copies sold. If there's any hint of cancellation we'd better start working hard at increasing sales around #8. :!:

Mokole
08-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, first looks are up at milehigh (A day late) and no Alpha Flight previews again. Diamond has it coming out on the 11th but milehigh has no preview. Of course no Thor or Iron Fist either, or Dr. Spectrum, or Supreme Power. And no Aquaman, Green Arrow, and about 7 more from DC's Diamond list. Same thing every week, about 1/2 of the Marvel/DC comics show up on first looks. {nemesis}

So I expect Diamond has it right and we'll see that great #6 on Wednesday. Or at least some of you will, I hope to have it on the 14th or so. 8)

ladymako71
08-06-2004, 01:51 AM
well look at it like this, it's three weeks till the next one. I checked the marvel previews too and grumbled a bit but oh well, can't get the goodies all the time.

and eh certain people who will remain anon, (BEN!) also requested a list of the more dubious places of interest in Las Vegas. However it'll take to long to list them all and that's just the classy strip joints ^^

Nalyd Psycho
08-06-2004, 07:36 AM
They generally won't give first looks if it gives away key details and that often includes conclussion issues.

Mokole
08-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I e-mailed a comic store and they said they'll have Alpha Flight #6 in tomorrow. Hopefully I can get 2 copies soon enough, then! {nemesis}

Ben
08-10-2004, 05:21 PM
ditto. I'll be getting one coppy from each of the two local comic shops. I figure I'll give a copy to my young cousin who is on the island for a visit. I've been lending her my AF back issues 25 at a time so she has been getting hooked ;)

Ben

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-11-2004, 02:34 PM
I brought in a new fan, Ben... and he hasn't touched a comic book since Liefeld wrote X-Force waaaaaay back in the day. And he LOVES the new Alpha Flight... especially 'Squatch and Nemesis. They're his favorites.

Ben
08-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I brought in a new fan, Ben... and he hasn't touched a comic book since Liefeld wrote X-Force waaaaaay back in the day. And he LOVES the new Alpha Flight... especially 'Squatch and Nemesis. They're his favorites.

good job! Keep fighting that good fight!

Ben

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-11-2004, 05:37 PM
So from what I'm reading, AF #6 should be coming out in the next few days, now?

Phil
08-11-2004, 05:38 PM
S'out today.

Major Mapleleaf Jr
08-11-2004, 06:21 PM
No previews ever came out, though? This saddens me. :(

Phil
08-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Doesn't necess mean owt.

Could just mean there were bigger selling issues out this week, or as someone's already said, that the pages would spoil things.

DelBubs
08-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Only just over half (or there abouts) of Marvel books got a four page preview this week, so I didn't read much into that.

kozzi24
08-12-2004, 10:03 AM
This post has been moderated