PDA

View Full Version : December Solicits (UPDATED WITH IMAGE)

Phil
09-14-2004, 03:40 PM
ALPHA FLIGHT #10
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Pencils & Cover by
CLAYTON HENRY
"DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE"
PART 2 (OF 4)
It’s the Attack of the Boxes! Alpha Flight’s foray into the time-stream has only made
things worse, and it is up to Centennial to set things right! But will his time-jumping only
make things even more worse? Yeah, it probably will!
32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
UPC: 5960605518-01011

SABRETOOTH #4
Written by Daniel Way
Penciled by Bart Sears
Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
PART 4 (OF 4)
The mystery of who – or what – massacred the innocent civilians living on the Isle
Dupree is revealed! Has Sabretooth lost his mind… or is someone else responsible for the
chaos?
32 PGS./Marvel PSR …$2.99
UPC: 5960605565-00411

Ben
09-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Wow, that solicit for #10 is actually rather well written...for a change ;) Boxes eh? I wonder if we are talking Boches or Jeffries here...

Ben

DelBubs
09-14-2004, 04:12 PM
If it's around the time of AF#30, it would be Walt. Given that the solicit says AF's time jumping etc, it could even be *shudder* Manbots.

Ben
09-14-2004, 04:22 PM
or all of the above

Ben

Phil
09-14-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm guessing Jefferies-esque Boxbots ;)

varo
09-14-2004, 05:20 PM
isn't this arc supposed to be set when the originals fought omega flight? that would place it around #12 and the original box.

but who knows.

Phil
09-14-2004, 05:25 PM
We don't know the arc is.
The previous issue for sure, yes....

Canucklehead
09-14-2004, 06:27 PM
I have a feeling from the solicit, the four issues will probably include going back in time, making things worse then going back to fix it etc, a la Back to the Future or Homer sneazing on a dinosaur and crushing the first fish to walk on land lol

Gives a lot of opportunity to revisit our favorite moments in Alpha's history. I was hoping MML might have to face off against a wax figure of his father in the Waxing Poetic storyline, but maybe he can even meet him in person in the past in this arc (I just feel he needs to get a few father issues out of the way). Time travel always has a habbit of sending someone somewhere unintentionally, yet very ironically appropriate lol.

D.

Mokole
09-14-2004, 07:43 PM
I figure it'll be back to the West Edmonton Mall to stop Flashback FutureSelf from getting impailed in Issue #9.

Maybe then the Courtney robot doesn't get wasted by Jeffries, Omega Flight doesn't run their separate ways,.... And Alpha Flight, that just lost, disbands. Or something.

Then that leads to Jeffries joining Omega Flight after the battle as Omega actually doesn't get defeated; Jeffries gets taken and that leads to Bochs changing his decisions about AF and Bochs not joining Scramble, and changing the timestream for everyone except Centenniel for issue #10. That's why he has to go back, he's the only one still normal.

Then in issue #11 things get worse, they have to actually fight Omega Flight to simply go back and try again. Maybe Flashback has to die instead of his FutureSelf.

varo
09-14-2004, 08:47 PM
maybe alpha can prevent mac from dying in issue #12 so we can forget about all his deaths and rebirths.

man this storyline has potential.

PWalk
09-14-2004, 10:04 PM
maybe alpha can prevent mac from dying in issue #12 so we can forget about all his deaths and rebirths.

That's absolutely beautiful!

Finally a way to wrap up the last 140+ issues.

I like it. and if that's what they have in mind I'm all for it.

Ben
09-14-2004, 10:14 PM
It would be an interesting thought, but it would have to be all done on an unrelated time-line to the current marvel-u. A change like that would cause a serious temporal chain reaction. Think about the possible backlash...crazy! That could all be fun if it were either a. restored at then end of the arc, or b. to take place on a separate reality that wouldn't impact the Marvel-u

Ben

cmdrkoenig67
09-14-2004, 10:49 PM

I think John Byrne's story involving Mac's death was brilliant and should never have been undone. Just my thoughts on that subject. I would like to see other AF history foul-ups undone, however. :D

Dana

varo
09-15-2004, 01:17 AM
i agree, it was abrilliant story, but has been done and undone so many times that revisiting it in this arc would be pretty interesting, i mean lets say anadaf prevents mac from dying:

heather never dons the suit

possibly alpha goes back to department h rather than being on their own as long as they were.

i mean the possibilities are endless.

but then again i am a huge guardian fan and think he should have never been killed as it seemed alpha never had a leader since his death (heather fans step in here)

Major Mapleleaf Jr
09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Being a Heather fan, I will just let her leadership qualities speak for themselves. :D

cmdrkoenig67
09-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Ditto... :D

Ben
09-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Here is the solicit image to drool over:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0409/22/alphaflight10.jpg

Ben

DelBubs
09-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Looks like Walt is gonna get the chance to 'beat himself up'. Most people only get the chance to do that mentally.

varo
09-22-2004, 08:34 PM
this looks totally sweet. i can't wait.

Mokole
09-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Looks like Puck's power maybe be density control, or momentum control. Great cover image! {nemesis}

Mokole
09-23-2004, 12:30 AM
And with all but one of Henry's covers having something to do with the story inside (Oh, how X-fans envy us for that!) we may get some real action for a change. I really like the cover, including the cover schemes (reminiscent of Bochs look but Jeffires colours and abilities). Ca't wait to see what happens in that one!

Sir John A.
09-23-2004, 02:41 AM
Looks like Puck's power maybe be density control, or momentum control. Great cover image!

Or maybe she can create those "light trails" behind her like NHL "pucks" on broadcasts in the USA. :lol:

PWalk
09-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Looks to me to be another winner.

Please Marvel keep this series and creative team around.

DelBubs
09-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Looking at that cover again, my busy mind connected the cover from #9 to this image and came up with the concept of 'Box Sentinels'. Which opens up lots of ideas which in some cases are ludicrous, so I'm not gonna talk about them :-)

PWalk
09-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Looking at that cover again, my busy mind connected the cover from #9 to this image and came up with the concept of 'Box Sentinels'. :-)

I thought the same exact thing. :(

Ben
09-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Keep in mind this is all probably and altered reality. The team probably made some small change to the past that caused a chain reaction, and this is what they are facing. Maybe Jaxon didn't die in this reality, and he used the Box tech to creat an army of mentally controlled robots.

Ben

Barnacle13
09-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Looking at that cover again, my busy mind connected the cover from #9 to this image and came up with the concept of 'Box Sentinels'. Which opens up lots of ideas which in some cases are ludicrous, so I'm not gonna talk about them :-)

Well this is a tribute to the old X-Men time travel series. Stands to reason they'd parallel that reality, only use Boxes instead of Sentinels. I love this idea. This arc is gonna kick a$$!

Barnacle

Mokole
09-23-2004, 08:45 PM
It'll have some humour as usual but if it's played a bit straighter, with Henry's art, this could be a truly great arc. I don't want to get my hopes up too high but having Henry back drawing is going to make it that much better. It should be fun!

maniac mike
09-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Did anybody notice Northstar on the cover of X-Men: The End #6 carring Cyclops? :shock:

MM

Phil
09-24-2004, 06:15 AM
I'm sensing a certain homage theme ;)

http://image2.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/fullsize/98006755462.2.GIF

DelBubs
09-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Did anybody notice Northstar on the cover of X-Men: The End #6 carring Cyclops? :shock:

MM
I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned the fact. I guess I'm gonna have to have a look through this series now and see whats going on.
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0409/22/xmenend6.jpg
Thanks for the heads up.

Phil
09-24-2004, 07:42 AM
He hasn't appeared in the first 3 issues yet.

DelBubs
09-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Northstar the 'Non X' X-Man. Still like that cover though. but would have looked better if he had been carrying Cyclops towards the fire :-)

Ben
09-24-2004, 09:56 AM
nice to see that he has his proper costume on again! I wasn't too fond of his X-Men costume with that silly bloody visor.

Ben

PWalk
09-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Just for comic relief here but I think it would have been great for the artist to have NS grabbing Cyc's arse. :lol:

Ben
09-24-2004, 06:41 PM
What's the scoop with this X-Men: The End series? Is this in an other time line, or in the furture? Or is this current time? Has NS been in any previous issues of this series?

Ben

Phil
09-24-2004, 07:05 PM
The THE END series are writers takes on the final days of a certain set of characters.

They're not to be taken as official canon, as writers can pitch THE END scripts for titles who have already done them.

X-Men The End, is written by Chris Claremont with Sean Chen on art and Greg Land on covers.

It's a story said to feature every X-Man(/Woman whatever) ever, and because of the scope, has been split into 3 6 issue 'books'

The first one (Book One:Dreamers And Demons) is up to #3, and JP hasn't appeared in any as of yet.