PDA

View Full Version : WeaponP.R.I.M.E.

Mystic
09-18-2004, 02:43 PM
I know, I know...they're a cheap knock-off of Alpha Flight, but I was wondering if they've appeared anywhere other than the Northstar LS?? I'm writing a fan-fiction to try and make them a little more interesting, and was hoping that there was a little more information about them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mystic

mvranas
09-18-2004, 03:41 PM
This group was introduced in X-Force as operateives of Department K (the division of the Canadian government that recruited the 2nd Weapon X, Kane).

I can't recall which exact issues they appeared in, but they were involved in two storylines. The first was shortly after Liefield left the book (between issues 8 and 11, I believe) while the second was during Greg Capullo's run - in the early 20's. Hopefully, someone else can be more specific.

These characters actually looked good drawn by Capullo and definitely showed potential. Aside from this, and the Northstar LS, I can't recall if they've been shown since.

-Mike

Mokole
09-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Yah, I liked P.R.I.M.E.'s looks. Tygerstryke though was just another Gurdian suit knockoff. Double Trouble and Yeti were OK. But Killjoy (for some reason called Killspree in the Northstar LS) was a great character design, too bad in the N LS they screwed around with him. THe quiet agile strong strategist in X-Force was cool. Maybe PRIME will resurface in the new X-Force, terrible as it is so far.

X-Force 22-23.

Phil
09-18-2004, 06:12 PM
See also: http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=222

DelBubs
09-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Just a quick question here, what is the connection between Weapon P.R.I.M.E and Rictor from X-Force. For some reason I can't get, that there was some connection out of my head?

kozzi24
09-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Just a quick question here, what is the connection between Weapon P.R.I.M.E and Rictor from X-Force. For some reason I can't get, that there was some connection out of my head?
Rictor was a member of PRIME (they should have been called Law Agency Minions Extraordinaire, or Weapon LAME for short) during the first X-Force run.
IMHO: Tigerstrike had potential, especially in the NS series where Heather knew him by name.
Double Trouble such wonder twins knocks off
Killguy looked OK, and Yeti is a good character to have around Canada just so Sasquatch can kick the crap out of him one of these days.

maniac mike
09-19-2004, 12:30 AM
What does "P.R.I.M.E." stand for anyway, was it ever revealed?

MM :?:

cmdrkoenig67
09-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Pathetically Regurgitated Ignorant and Moronic Enemies? LOL...just kidding.

Dana

jay042
10-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Rictor was a member of PRIME (they should have been called Law Agency Minions Extraordinaire, or Weapon LAME for short) during the first X-Force run.
IMHO: Tigerstrike had potential, especially in the NS series where Heather knew him by name.
Double Trouble such wonder twins knocks off
Killguy looked OK, and Yeti is a good character to have around Canada just so Sasquatch can kick the crap out of him one of these days.

Well, they always have Caliber for that :)

Snowbird
10-08-2004, 10:07 PM
I think I read somewhere that P.R.I.M.E stands for: Primary (or Pre-emptive, I forget which) Response In Mutant Emergencies.

Yeah, it's lame but no worse than A.I.M or S.H.I.E.L.D. ;)