10-09-2004, 06:09 AM
Anyone reading the solo X books?

Myself?

Emma Frost
Mystique --I'm hooked on her now! :D
Gambit
Rogue
Nightcrawler

The Mystique series was been awesome so far! I'm amazed because I never really cared for Mystique. Always thought she was a bi**h. But she really beats Emma for that title IMO. Emma Frost has been so-so. I sometimes feel like I'm reading a teen novel or something. Reason I don't buy Jubilee. Gambit and Rogue are too early to tell. Stories are good.

Nightcrawler? My fave along with Northie! I love Nighty regardless of what book he's in. And given the 2 mini-series he's had previously he's due for his ongoing series! :P

Anyone else reading these books?

Phil
10-09-2004, 06:35 AM
I picked up the first issues of Gambit and Rogue and they did absolutely nothing for me.

Mystique and Emma Frost I didn't even bother with.

Nightcrawler suprised me and I really enjoyed it, so finances depending I may get it.

kozzi24
10-09-2004, 11:05 AM
I've been liking Rogue and Nightcrawler. Didn't try Gambit as I have never liked the character, and the art turned me off from trying Jubilee. I ended up giving up on both Frost and Mystique, not for any specific reason, but a general lack of interest and trying to keep the budget down.

Northstars Love
10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
The Nightcrawler series is going to be awesome. Darick Robertson, the artist, is one hell of a penciler. He's a real cool guy. This title will be going somewhere if the art and stories remain strong.

Phil try Mystique. Start with the TB's. I never cared for Mystique either but this book surprised me and I'm hooked on it now! :D

I don't know what I'd do if they cancelled it. :/

Inferno
10-12-2004, 05:40 PM
I love most of the solo books...probably betetr to say the ones I don't read instead of the onea I do. I DON'T read:

Wolverine
Gambit (bought the first issue, didn't like it)

Love Mystique, Nightcrawler and Jubilee. Also, I don't normally like Rogue, but I love her series. Emma was great, gone down hill a bit though, just hoping we get to see the Hellfire arc finally. Madrox is awesome too.

beetleblack
10-15-2004, 06:55 AM
I'm not really sure what Marvel's playing with all these solo titles at the moment but they just seem to be churning them out. I do read Emma Frost and have read the first issue of Nightcrawler as it's by the same writer of Marvel Knights 4 which is awsome, but may just wait for the TP. I'm haring positive things about all the new titles (with the exception of Gambit) but I'm trying not to get too tempted as my comic list is starting to look like a copy of the Doomsday book.

Let's face it most of these titles willnot last the course as there are simply too many. Also, I think if these characters are going to be in their own solo books they should be taken out of the X-Men team books to allow for other characters to develope.

kozzi24
10-15-2004, 11:18 AM
I think if these characters are going to be in their own solo books they should be taken out of the X-Men team books to allow for other characters to develop
motion seconded!