PDA

View Full Version : Identity Crisis

Ottawa Renegade
11-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Posting about it elsewhere made me realize that I never thought to see if anyone here was buying this book. I'm a little surprised that there isn't a thread about it, since it's talked about a great deal elsewhere. Is it that...

a) There are more Marvel folks here than DC, so interest is low?
b) You're getting (or have gotten) the book, but not enjoying it?
c) You've been living in a cave and haven't heard of it? :wink:

I'm glad it's only seven issues because it became so popular that now it's reaching the point where it's becoming fashionable to knock it. I've enjoyed the hell out of it and am curious as to how the other folks here felt about it.

DelBubs
11-13-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure what catergory I fall into. I've heard of it from lots of different sources, but am unfortunately entrenched in The MU. I got into comics at about the time Marvel was at it's peak. Stories with cities and towns I was aware of seemed a lot more interesting than places like Metropolis. I did pick up Teen Titans for about a year, but it never really hooked me.

I know Identity Crisis is having to have second and third printings, so is probably a good read, but being DCU...:-)

Ottawa Renegade
11-13-2004, 01:24 PM
There should be a separate category for those who have heard of it or bought it, but are sick and tired of hearing about it.

DelBubs
11-13-2004, 01:33 PM
And one for people who if they hear enough good things, will memo themselves to pick it up in TPB, but buy somthing else when they arrive at the store :lol:

kozzi24
11-13-2004, 08:58 PM
I'm mainly Marvel for much the same reason as Del. I started pre-crisis, so liked the unified universe. I have actually started selling the 2 or so boxes of DCs I do have, but very well might pick this up in trade.