PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Handbook: Women of Marvel.....Alpha Flight heroines?

cmdrkoenig67
11-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey Guys, any speculation on who the other 38 women will be in this handbook? We've got two names(and one's Heather....Yippeee!), Do you think Aurora will make it into the handbook? Diamond Lil? Snowbird?
Since the Wasp is not named as the last heroine(Vindicator is)in the solicitation, we can guess(if we want to do that) that she will not be in this handbook, We can also guess that the other heroines named in past handbooks won't be either(I'm just speculating that will be the case), like Elektra, She-Hulk, Lady Deathstrike, Tigra, etc...

I think these women MAY all get a spot in the book....

*Aurora?(she was mentioned in the Weapon X and Alpha Flight sections of the Wolverine Handbook, but she may also get her own entry)
Firebird
*Harkness, Agatha?(I don't know if she was mentioned in the FF Handbook, since I don't have that one)
*Jocasta?(She wasn't in the Avenger's handbook, nor was she in the Book of the Dead....so maybe here?)
*Morgan le Fey?
*Photon
*Snowbird?(maybe, possibly, who knows?)
*Spider-Woman I?(the original Jessica Drew, since she'll be in the new Avengers line-up?)

Anybody else you can think of? What heroines/villainesses do you think they'll include?

Dana

P.S. I wasn't sure if I should put this in the Alpha Talk forum or here, so I just placed it here. :D

Ottawa Renegade
11-17-2004, 10:28 PM
*Harkness, Agatha?(I don't know if she was mentioned in the FF Handbook, since I don't have that one)

Hey, this isn't one of those swimsuit specials, is it? :shock:

HappyCanuck
11-17-2004, 10:35 PM

God i'd hope not: Agatha Harkness looks to be about 125!

kozzi24
11-18-2004, 02:01 AM

God i'd hope not: Agatha Harkness looks to be about 125![/quote]
And she's dead, which is not known to enhance the figures of scrawny, wrinkled, elderly women.

I'd like to see Moondragon, Songbird, Spitfire, Darkstar (currently dead) and Diamondback

cmdrkoenig67
11-18-2004, 05:35 PM
I bet Moondragon and Songbird will make appearances in the Handbook, Kozzi. Spitfire too since she's in the new Invader's series. They may throw the new baroness Blood character in there too.

Dana

Richv1
11-20-2004, 06:31 PM
I'd say She-Hulk would be in it.
Spider-Woman.
Invisible Woman
Storm
Rogue
White Queen
Shadow Cat
Black Cat
Black Widow
Nemesis
Puck

Phil
11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I sincerely doubt Nemesis and Puck will be in it.

Having Heather in it at all suprised me.

I'd consider Snowbird and Aurora rank outside possibilities...

cmdrkoenig67
11-23-2004, 09:18 PM
I sincerely doubt Nemesis and Puck will be in it.

Having Heather in it at all suprised me.

I'd consider Snowbird and Aurora rank outside possibilities...

I'm wondering if Nemesis and Puck II will be in it too(due to the news of the cancellation)....I do believe Snowbird and Aurora will be in it though.

...and Rich, I don't think She-Hulk(featured in the Avengers handbook), Storm, Rogue, White Queen or Shadowcat(featured in the X-Men handbook, I believe), Black Widow(in the Daredevil handbook) and the Invisible Woman(In the FF Handbook....was there a FF handbook?)will be in the new handbook.

Dana

Richv1
11-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Well they are some of the most popular women in the Marvel Universe and a Handbook of Marvel Women will have women in it. Right.

cmdrkoenig67
11-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Weeeeelllllll, true....but....nevermind.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
11-28-2004, 01:01 PM
can anybody tell me if there WAS an FF handbook? I don't recall if there was or not.

The handbooks I do know about....

X-Men(I don't have this one and I'm not sure which ladies were featured in it...I'm sure Storm, Jean, kitty, Psylocke and Sage were there, but who else?)
Spider-Man(Ditto with this one)
Daredevil
Hulk
Wolverine
Avengers
the Book of the Dead

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
11-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey...I wonder if they'll put the Inhumans in their own Handbook too?

Dana

Richv1
11-28-2004, 03:56 PM
An Inhumans handbook would be cool. I wish the'd do another limited series of the Royal Family.

kozzi24
11-29-2004, 01:37 AM
Hey rich, where ya been. Just asking about you today...guess I didn't notice your post here a few days ago.

tkmadison
11-29-2004, 03:24 AM
can anybody tell me if there WAS an FF handbook? I don't recall if there was or not.

The handbooks I do know about....

X-Men(I don't have this one and I'm not sure which ladies were featured in it...I'm sure Storm, Jean, kitty, Psylocke and Sage were there, but who else?)
Spider-Man(Ditto with this one)
Daredevil
Hulk
Wolverine
Avengers
the Book of the Dead

Dana
The full list of women in the X-Men handbook is as follows:
Emma Frost, Marvel Girl, Polaris, Kitty Pryde, Roge, Sage and Storm.
To my knowledge there never has been an FF handbook, though it certainly would make sense to have one, being one of the oldest flagship titles.

cmdrkoenig67
11-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Maybe in the coming year, they'll release one?

Dana

Richv1
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
All the women you listed are mutants. What about all the rest? A lot of Marvel women are non mutants.

skullogeist
01-18-2005, 10:54 PM
THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: WOMEN OF MARVEL 2005 #1 (http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showcomic.htm?id=1590&format=comic) (due in stores next Wednesday, 1-26-05), will feature four (4) profiles on characters that will be of special interest to ALPHA FLIGHT fans young and old.

We all know Vindicator is in there, but who else will make the cut? Puck? Murmur? Talisman? Stitch? Gilded Lily? You'll just have to drop the $3.99 to find out!!

Richv1
01-19-2005, 08:54 AM
What about Nemesis, Goblin, Laura Dean, Ghost Girl?

cmdrkoenig67
01-20-2005, 02:18 PM
I doubt very, very much that Ghost Girl, Laura or Goblin will be in the handbook(they're all mutants too, btw)....Ghost Girl's appearances were minimal, while Laura and Goblyn haven't been seen in ages.

Women, who I know (and think) will be in the Handbook....

Vindicator(she's a definite, as confirmed by the solicit)

These two long time AF members are very strong possibilities...

Aurora
Snowbird

Big maybes...

Diamond Lil(an older AF character, recently seen in the Weapon X series)
Nemesis(she's an older character, so she has much more reason to be in the book than Puck II does...speaking of which...)
Puck II(I doubt it...but you never know)
Talisman(older character, but hasn't been seen for many years)

I really think Snowbird and Aurora are two of the FOUR AF-related ladies in the Handbook....the fourth person?....I'm not so sure, who that could be. Then again....Snowbird may be passed on to include Nemesis or Puck
II.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
01-20-2005, 02:22 PM
All the women you listed are mutants. What about all the rest? A lot of Marvel women are non mutants.

Rich, who's list are you talking about?

Dana

Richv1
01-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I just noticied most of the women being mentioned for the Handbook were mutants: Storm, Aurora, Puck II, Sage, Jean Grey.
Now we have more named.

cmdrkoenig67
01-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Ah.

Dana

kozzi24
01-22-2005, 03:25 AM
Is Puck 2 a mutant? We've learned so little about her in 11 issues, I was never sure.

HappyCanuck
01-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Is Puck 2 a mutant? We've learned so little about her in 11 issues, I was never sure.

Well, logically speaking (I know, logic's a foreign concept when you are dealing with comics, but bear with me anyway), it'd be safe to assume that, yes, Zuzha's a mutant - or at least an augmented human....

(here's where I renew my claim as 'science-geek-in-the-making' :D)

Based on her age, Zuzha was concieved during Puck's 'wild' days, before he joined the Flight. Since, at the time, he was still bound to Razaar (I know, I know, we'd all like to forget this little Mantlo'ism, but it's already canon, so we can't change it - but we can create around it!), Puck's physiology was therefore altered by well over sixty years of accumulated radiation (anyone with a medical/scientific major can verify this - and considering Puck saw the Atomic Age since it's infancy, that adds to it dramatically; really amazing what extended life will do to you). That being said, assuming the mystical forces of housing Razaar for so many decades hadn't already mutated his physiology beyond the slight shrinkage, then the chances of the accumulated radiation mutating his progenital DNA increased exponentially. It's been proven several times before that increased radiation tends to lead to mutant children - Franklin Richards (Parents exposed to and mutated by cosmic rays), Shiro Yoshida (mother barely survived Hiroshima), May Parker (a certain irradiated spider that mutated her father). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if young Baby Hudson (we REALLY got to give the kid a name!) turned out to be a mutant, what with BOTH parents being subjected to god-knows-what from the various suits they've worn.

In otherwords, based on logic, then yes, Zuzha is a mutant.

skullogeist
01-22-2005, 12:09 PM
By the way, an online cover image of the WOMEN OF MARVEL 2005 Handbook can be found at Forbidden Planet (http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk/acatalog/OHMU__The_Women_of_Marvel_2005.html).

Can anyone name all 15 women featured on the cover?

HappyCanuck
01-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Well considering the pic is so damned small (and I can't find a larger one online), I'll have to do with what I have. In no particular order:

http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk/acatalog/OHBMW.jpg
(Yes this is the best and ONLY pic of the cover there is that I can find)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Scarlet Witch
Rogue
Arana (the new spider-person from Amazing Fantasy)
Amara the Enchantress
Shanna the She-Devil (I THINK)
Hellcat (Patsy Walker-Hellstrom)
Dazzler (in her ancient 'Disco Queen' costume)
White Queen
Mystique
Titania (behind the Scarlet Witch, in the purple)

Four people I can't make out:

the Black-garbed person in front of Mystique, WQ and Dazzler - I'm half-tempted to say it's Felica Hardy's Black Cat personae or one of the Black Widows, but it just doesn't look like them.

The Three women behind Titiania. I can't make them out at all.

cmdrkoenig67
01-22-2005, 02:56 PM
It's very hard to see, But....

Spider-Woman!!!! YAY!!!!!
Dazzler(in her original disco outfit???)
Mystique
Shanna the She-Devil
Medusa
Scarlet Witch
Enchantress
Rogue(must be an updated profile)
Hellcat
Domino
Dagger
Arana

The others I can't see

Richv1
01-22-2005, 06:54 PM
I can't really make out those other three either. Maybe the kneeling is X-23 with her recent popularity it could be.

skullogeist
01-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Scarlet Witch
Rogue
Arana (the new spider-person from Amazing Fantasy)
Amara the Enchantress
Shanna the She-Devil (I THINK)
Hellcat (Patsy Walker-Hellstrom)
Dazzler (in her ancient 'Disco Queen' costume)
White Queen
Mystique
Titania (behind the Scarlet Witch, in the purple)

Four people I can't make out:

the Black-garbed person in front of Mystique, WQ and Dazzler - I'm half-tempted to say it's Felica Hardy's Black Cat personae or one of the Black Widows, but it just doesn't look like them.

The Three women behind Titiania. I can't make them out at all.

9 out of 15 correct.

It's very hard to see, But....

Spider-Woman!!!! YAY!!!!!
Dazzler(in her original disco outfit???)
Mystique
Shanna the She-Devil
Medusa
Scarlet Witch
Enchantress
Rogue(must be an updated profile)
Hellcat
Domino
Dagger
Arana

The others I can't see

12 out of 15 correct.

HappyCanuck
01-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Who'd I get wrong?!

skullogeist
01-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Who'd I get wrong?!

White Queen
Titania
Black Cat or Black Widows

Look at cmdrkoenig67's list. All 12 of his guesses were correct.

As for the three in the background that no one can identify because they're too small, here's a hint . . .

. . . they're grouped together for a reason.

HappyCanuck
01-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, considering you said Dana got 9/15, and don't tell us WHICH 9 are correct...

Okay, I can see Domino and Dagger now (mistook them for Black Cat and White Queen respectively). The three, after I thought about it a little, realised are Satana Hellstrom (Hellcat's Sister-in-Law), Jennifer Kale and Topaz from the new book 'Witches' (by Bronwyn Carlton and Mike Deodato Jr), and the only other person I can think of for the one I thought was Titania might be Medusa of the Inhumans.

skullogeist
01-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, considering you said Dana got 9/15, and don't tell us WHICH 9 are correct...

Sorry if I was unclear on that. You were 9 for 15. Dana was 12 for 15.

Okay, I can see Domino and Dagger now (mistook them for Black Cat and White Queen respectively). The three, after I thought about it a little, realised are Satana Hellstrom (Hellcat's Sister-in-Law), Jennifer Kale and Topaz from the new book 'Witches' (by Bronwyn Carlton and Mike Deodato Jr), and the only other person I can think of for the one I thought was Titania might be Medusa of the Inhumans.

And now you're 15 for 15. Good job! :)

cmdrkoenig67
01-24-2005, 10:54 PM
So...here is my guess list(of the 40+ women featured in the Handbook)...

1 Arana
2 Aurora
3 Contessa Vanessa De La Fontaine
4 Crystal
5 Dagger
6 Dazzler
7 Domino
8 Enchantress
9 Firebird
10 Hellcat
11 Invisible Woman???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
12 Joystick
13 Jennifer Kale
14 Misty Knight
15 Madame Masque
16 Marrow
17 Alicia Masters???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
18 Medusa
19 Meggan
20 Meltdown(Boom Boom...or whatever she's called now)
21 Moondragon
22 Mystique
23 Nemesis???
24 Photon
25 Puck II???
26 Rogue(Updated)
27 Satana
28 Scarlet Witch(Updated)
29 Sersi
30 Shanna the She-Devil
31 Siryn
32 Snowbird
33 Songbird
34 Spider-Woman!!!! YAY AGAIN!!!!!
35 Spitfire
36 Thena
37 Titania
38 Topaz
39 Valkyrie
40 Vindicator
41 Colleen Wing
42 X-23???(was she in the X Handbook?)

Unless the Witches(Jennifer, Satana and Topaz) and Daughters of the Dragon have entries together(which is possible) ...that's my list...I can't think of any more.

Dana

skullogeist
01-24-2005, 11:08 PM
So...here is my guess list(of the 40+ women featured in the Handbook)...

1 Arana
2 Aurora
3 Contessa Vanessa De La Fontaine
4 Crystal
5 Dagger
6 Dazzler
7 Domino
8 Enchantress
9 Firebird
10 Hellcat
11 Invisible Woman???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
12 Joystick
13 Jennifer Kale
14 Misty Knight
15 Madame Masque
16 Marrow
17 Alicia Masters???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
18 Medusa
19 Meggan
20 Meltdown(Boom Boom...or whatever she's called now)
21 Moondragon
22 Mystique
23 Nemesis???
24 Photon
25 Puck II???
26 Rogue(Updated)
27 Satana
28 Scarlet Witch(Updated)
29 Sersi
30 Shanna the She-Devil
31 Siryn
32 Snowbird
33 Songbird
34 Spider-Woman!!!! YAY AGAIN!!!!!
35 Spitfire
36 Thena
37 Titania
38 Topaz
39 Valkyrie
40 Vindicator
41 Colleen Wing
42 X-23???(was she in the X Handbook?)

Not bad! You guessed about 25 out of 46 correctly.

HappyCanuck
01-25-2005, 12:11 AM
LOL, Skull, will you PLEASE stop with the cloak and dagger (no pun intended). if you know something, please tell us, like WHICH 21 Dana got wrong! It's rather quite irritating!

cmdrkoenig67
01-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Not bad! You guessed about 25 out of 46 correctly.

Awww poop....only 25?

Dana

Richv1
01-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Some of those characters I have not seen around much in a while. Meltdown where is she now? Moondragon and Meggan whatever happened to them?

skullogeist
01-25-2005, 12:56 PM
LOL, Skull, will you PLEASE stop with the cloak and dagger (no pun intended). if you know something, please tell us, like WHICH 21 Dana got wrong! It's rather quite irritating!

Sorry to be so irritating, Allan, but I'm an employee of Marvel privy to some inside information and I have to be very careful with what I reveal. The writers of the new Handbooks have made it a policy to not reveal who's going to be featured in each Handbook until it's released. So, by telling you who you got wrong, I'll indirectly be telling you who's featured in the Handbook (plus it makes the guessing game too easy).

C'mon, you can wait one more day, right? ;)

But, to show you I'm not such a bad guy, I'll list the titles of the books that some of the as-of-yet-unguessed characters first appeared in:

INHUMANS (vol. 2)
TALES OF SUSPENSE (vol. 1)
STRANGE TALES (vol. 1)
SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS
DR. STRANGE (vol. 2)
X-MEN (vol. 1)
THUNDERBOLTS (vol. 1)
RUNAWAYS (vol. 1)
FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL
CAPTAIN AMERICA (vol. 1)
SUB-MARINER (vol. 1)
CAPTAIN BRITAIN (vol. 1)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (vol. 1)
WHAT IF? (vol. 2)
THOR (vol. 2)

Hmmm . . . some of those offer absolutely no help at all, while others practically give the character away!

skullogeist
01-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Some of those characters I have not seen around much in a while. Meltdown where is she now? Moondragon and Meggan whatever happened to them?

Well, I can tell you that if you pick up the WOMEN OF 2005 Handbook on Wednesday, January 26, you'll get the answer to 2/3 of your questions!

HappyCanuck
01-25-2005, 03:07 PM
lol, sorry for coming down so hard on you, Skull, it was unintentional (yet to find a good emoticon to demonstrate that I'm less than what I appear)

Since this is an on-going battle (far too often, in fact; I blame the fact that written communication shows less infliction than verbal), any time I mean my words to be less harsh and more towards jovial, I shall use this ' :arrow: ' (a nice random emoticon) to denote it. Should save a lot of trouble.

As for your reasonings for the cloak and dagger, I will agree they are justified, however, rubbing it in that you know more than we do isn't endearing. I can tell you are bursting wanting to tell us, but can't. I suggest being more coy. In a case like this, less is more.

skullogeist
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
lol, sorry for coming down so hard on you, Skull, it was unintentional (yet to find a good emoticon to demonstrate that I'm less than what I appear)

Since this is an on-going battle (far too often, in fact; I blame the fact that written communication shows less infliction than verbal), any time I mean my words to be less harsh and more towards jovial, I shall use this ' :arrow: ' (a nice random emoticon) to denote it. Should save a lot of trouble.

As for your reasonings for the cloak and dagger, I will agree they are justified, however, rubbing it in that you know more than we do isn't endearing. I can tell you are bursting wanting to tell us, but can't. I suggest being more coy. In a case like this, less is more.

No problemo, Allan. I wasn't offended at all.

And I apologize if the Handbook guessing games make it seem like I'm trying to rub it in that I know more than you do. That's not my intentional at all. I just view it as a fun way to generate interest in the product and remind ALPHA FLIGHT fans that a Handbook featuring ALPHA FLIGHT characters comes out this week. Gotta keep them sales figures up!

And just to rub things in a little more, there will be more Handbooks in the coming months that feature additional ALPHA FLIGHT characters . . . but I can't talk about those just yet! ;)

cmdrkoenig67
01-25-2005, 06:17 PM
No problemo, Allan. I wasn't offended at all.

And I apologize if the Handbook guessing games make it seem like I'm trying to rub it in that I know more than you do. That's not my intentional at all. I just view it as a fun way to promote interest in the product and remind ALPHA FLIGHT fans that a Handbook featuring ALPHA FLIGHT characters comes out this week. Gotta keep them sales figures up!

And just to rub things in a little more, there will be more Handbooks in the coming months that feature additional ALPHA FLIGHT characters . . . but I can't talk about those just yet! ;)

WHA-HOOOOOOOOO! :o

Now if only another (and better, with the original Alphans...like it should be done) AF series was coming out soon.
:cry:
Dana

Ben
01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Damn, I hate it when I know stuff but promised I'd keep a lid on it :-#

Ben

Ben
01-25-2005, 06:35 PM
WHA-HOOOOOOOOO! :o

Now if only another (and better, with the original Alphans...like it should be done) AF series was coming out soon.
:cry:
Dana

Well, maybe with a little handbook attention, and a continued vigil to convince Marvel of what kinda AF book would work, we may get what fans are asking for.

Ben

Phil
01-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Damn, I hate it when I know stuff but promised I'd keep a lid on it :-#

Ben

:lol:

skullogeist
01-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Drum roll please . . .

Now on sale, THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: WOMEN OF MARVEL 2005 (http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showcomic.htm?id=1590&format=comic)!!

Marvel’s leading ladies take center stage! This Official Handbook includes in-depth bios on more than 40 of the House’s most powerful women warriors, featuring:

Arana
Black Widow
Sharon Carter
Clea
Crystal
Dagger
Dark Angel
Dazzler
Domino
Enchantress
Firestar
Gaea
Hellcat
Hepzibah
Jolt
Jennifer Kale
Misty Knight
Lucy in the Sky
Magik
Maker
Medusa
Meggan
Millie the Model
Moondragon
Moonstone
Mystique
Namorita
Nemesis
Puck
Rogue
Roma
Satana
Scarlet Witch
Sersi
Shanna the She-Devil
Silver Sable
Sister Grimm
Snowbird
Songbird
Spider-Girl
Spider-Woman
Thor Girl
Topaz
Valkyrie
Vantage and
Vindicator!

Plus: an all-new cover by superstar artist Greg Land!

Ben
01-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Not bad AF coverage, it gets the women on both active versions of AF, in space, and on Earth. I wonder how they will cover Nemesis, if they will list her as being all past versions as the one person as Scott intended...I was hoping to see Aurora also, as she had a significant roll in Weapon X, and before that was on the core AF team. Oh well, can't win 'em all I guess ;) maybe she'll be covered in the "Handbook of Marvel Nut-Jobs".

Ben

cmdrkoenig67
01-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm glad Snowbird is in it and Nemesis too...I couldn't care less about the new Puck. Maybe Aurora will get more exposure in an upcoming...

SPOILERS.....
X-Men update or even a Weapon X Handbook? I wonder if the Master will show up in some sort of a Villains Handbook?

Dana

maniac mike
01-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Too bad they couldn't get Adam Hughes, Frank Cho or Terry Dodson to do the cover. :(

MM

cmdrkoenig67
01-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Marvel’s leading ladies take center stage! This Official Handbook includes in-depth bios on more than 40 of the House’s most powerful women warriors, featuring:

Arana
Black Widow
Sharon Carter
Clea
Crystal
Dagger
Dark Angel (from the short-lived british series...why???)
Dazzler
Domino
Enchantress
Firestar
Gaea
Hellcat
Hepzibah
Jolt
Jennifer Kale
Misty Knight (but no Colleen Wing???)
Lucy in the Sky (who???)
Magik
Maker (who again???)
Medusa
Meggan
Millie the Model (They're kidding with Millie, right???)
Moondragon
Moonstone
Mystique
Namorita
Nemesis
Puck
Rogue
Roma
Satana
Scarlet Witch
Sersi
Shanna the She-Devil
Silver Sable
Sister Grimm (Who is this???)
Snowbird
Songbird
Spider-Girl
Spider-Woman
Thor Girl
Topaz (The "new, improved" ethnic one, I suppose :roll: )
Valkyrie
Vantage (???????)
and
Vindicator!

Plus: an all-new cover by superstar artist Greg Land!

I'll be getting this tomorrow, so I guess a lot of my questions will be answered.

Dana

PWalk
01-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Looks like a trip to the local CBS is long over due.

HappyCanuck
01-28-2005, 02:40 AM
heh, don't remind me. I haven't been to one in over two years...

skullogeist
01-28-2005, 12:56 PM

Because where else are the American fans going to learn about Ranulph Haldane's baby girl?

Don't worry. The other Daughter of the Dragon gets plenty of props in Misty's profile.

Lucy in the Sky (who???)

Not a fan of Brian K. Vaughn's RUNAWAYS, eh? Well, then the WOMEN OF MARVEL Handbook will get you up to speed just in time for the launch of Volume 2.

Maker (who again???)

Kosmos? Beyonder? Any of those names ring a bell?

It's a very serious profile -- chronicling Millie's illustrious modeling career starting from her humble beginnings in Sleepy Gap, Kansas.

Again, see RUNAWAYS.

Well, you can't have both . . . or can you?

Vantage (???????)

Don't tell me you didn't read AVENGERS/THUNDERBOLTS by Kurt Busiek and Fabian Nicieza. That's comic book sacrilege!

cmdrkoenig67
01-28-2005, 02:21 PM

Because where else are the American fans going to learn about Ranulph Haldane's baby girl?

If she's so important to Marvel...then they should put her in a british hero Handbook, along with Captain Britain, Death Metal, Mystech, etc...etc....

Don't worry. The other Daughter of the Dragon gets plenty of props in Misty's profile.

They both should have been featured or shared an entry.

Lucy in the Sky (who???)

Not a fan of Brian K. Vaughn's RUNAWAYS, eh? Well, then the WOMEN OF MARVEL Handbook will get you up to speed just in time for the launch of Volume 2.

Sorry, not interested. I follow AF and a lot of Marvel's supernatural characters mostly.

Maker (who again???)

Kosmos? Beyonder? Any of those names ring a bell?

Well....I didn't know Maker was Kosmos, until I picked up the handbook....now I know.

It's a very serious profile -- chronicling Millie's illustrious modeling career starting from her humble beginnings in Sleepy Gap, Kansas.

Ooooh....and her recent appearance in She-Hulk...snore!

Again, see RUNAWAYS.

Nah....I'll pass. Thanks.

Well, you can't have both . . . or can you?

Yeah...what's with that, anyway?....did Topaz just wake up one day and say..."Today's a good day to be indian." Huh?????

Vantage (???????)

Don't tell me you didn't read AVENGERS/THUNDERBOLTS by Kurt Busiek and Fabian Nicieza. That's comic book sacrilege! :D

I'm glad I'm not a very religeous person :wink: ....but see....I'm a character sort of guy(as I said above)...I don't much care for the Avengers or Thunderbolts(except now with the original Spider-Woman...I'm actually interested). BTW....Vantage sounds like a crappy fanfic hero name IMO. Thank you for the info, Skull. I got the Handbook(two in fact) and I learned all of this before I saw your post. I appreciate your effort, though.

Dana

skullogeist
01-28-2005, 03:07 PM

If she's so important to Marvel...then they should put her in a british hero Handbook, along with Captain Britain, Death Metal, Mystech, etc...etc....

Ah, yes . . . THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: BRITISH HEROES 2005. I'd buy it in a heartbeat -- but I think overall it'd sell even worse than December's GOLDEN AGE 2004 did.

Vantage (???????)

Don't tell me you didn't read AVENGERS/THUNDERBOLTS by Kurt Busiek and Fabian Nicieza. That's comic book sacrilege!

I'm glad I'm not a very religeous person :wink: ....but see....I'm a character sort of guy(as I said above)...I don't much care for the Avengers or Thunderbolts(except now with the original Spider-Woman...I'm actually interested). BTW....Vantage sounds like a crappy fanfic hero name IMO.

In Kurt and Fabian's defense, I believe they were looking for a name that began with the letter "V" as a nod to Dallas' connection to the V-Battalion. With "Vindicator" already taken, they're options were pretty limited.

cmdrkoenig67
02-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Hmmmm...how about...

Valiant or Victory? :D

Dana

kozzi24
02-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Hey Dana, both Runaways and Thunderbolts are worth a look-see, particularly the latter for an old fan like you...attention to continuity!

cmdrkoenig67
02-23-2005, 04:03 AM
I actually considered trying Thunderbolts, at one time...hmmmm. My finances have improved as of late...perhaps I'll pick up an issue or two.

Dana

kozzi24
02-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Definitely get back issues of the first 12 of Volume 1. It floundered for a short while after that, but then they added Hawkeye, and the book was a great read again and stayed that way until they made it "a;; new" with the fight cub stuff

Scarlettspiderg
02-23-2005, 01:23 PM
New Thunderbolts (started with an Avengers Disassembled logo) is a great read, it gets the action/character development/humour levels just right and so far has had a good storyline.

Mokole
02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
And Doug from Boardhost.com has his letter in AF #12 too, he says. Does that mean that all the letters were from people who post here or there?

Kudos to all who got their two cents in. I finally got AF #12 this week, I'll see if my opinions differ from yours after a reread or two.

As to T-Bolts, that is what should've happened to ANADAF in terms of writing.

cmdrkoenig67
02-23-2005, 08:48 PM

Alpha Flight should not be written as a sitcom...period.

Dana

kozzi24
02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
And Doug from Boardhost.com has his letter in AF #12 too, he says. Does that mean that all the letters were from people who post here or there?

Kudos to all who got their two cents in. I finally got AF #12 this week, I'll see if my opinions differ from yours after a reread or two.

Congrats on your letter, Doug