PDA

View Full Version : An Off Question...

HappyCanuck
11-22-2004, 08:06 AM
okay, here's an odd question for you all: if you could adapt any classical literature into a comic - no matter how indirectly (ie: 'the further adventures') - which would you chose? What would be your premise?

kozzi24
11-22-2004, 08:50 AM
"All quiet on the Western Front" could work quite well.

For you English blokes, John Fowles' "A Maggot" could have some interesting visuals with the cave

PWalk
11-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" is one book I've always thought would be great as a comic.

Phil
11-22-2004, 06:01 PM
The Ikea catalogue.

DelBubs
11-22-2004, 06:07 PM
'Ethel the Aardvark goes Quantity Surveying' or 'Don Quixote'

Phil
11-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Quixote's just been done, hasn't it?

Don't think it's shipped yet though.

DelBubs
11-22-2004, 06:25 PM
New one on me Phil. Shows how much notice I take on whats new and readable out there. I was talking to Allan about this this morning and somhow came to the conclusion that Don Quixote is of the same premise as Batman and Robin. One loopy geezer and a sidekick to keep him honest :-)

Le Messor
11-22-2004, 08:18 PM
DC did a Hithchhiker's Guide, and a Restaurant at the End of the Universe in the 90's. They could've made a great comic, but they didn't :roll: - you had to know the books real well to follow them, imho - luckily, I did. :o

I once wrote a Batman / Phantom of the Opera Amalgam - right before DC published one. Mine was better, of course. :wink:

- Le Messor
"It's safe to say I haven't seen an invisible girl."
- Dawn

DelBubs
11-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Another one Allan and I have discussed is 'A Clockwork Orange'. It wasn't until I read the books intro last night, that I found out Kubrick didn't use the last chapter of the book in the film. We've had a depiction of a totalitarian state in 'V for Vendetta', but the world in which Alex lives although not as stringent as V's world, would still make for an interesting comic IMHO.

Ben
11-24-2004, 05:00 PM
The Ikea catalogue.

Ohhhhh, that woud be soooo good! That would have to be an adult only comic though...one I know I'd keep between my matress and box spring!

Ben

Scarlettspiderg
11-24-2004, 05:04 PM
I don't read alot of the classical stuff, but how about Max Barry's "Jennifer Government", it could be quite a funny adventure comic.

Phil
11-25-2004, 06:18 PM
The Ikea catalogue.

Ohhhhh, that woud be soooo good! That would have to be an adult only comic though...one I know I'd keep between my matress and box spring!

Ben

I heart you Benjamin :oops:

Le Messor
11-25-2004, 08:44 PM
How 'bout Lord Of The Rings? It's been done, but well? I don't know.

Or Harry Potter, for that matter?
The Portrait of Dorian Grey? Has The Tempest been done?

- Le Messor
"Beware of the man who knows the answer before he understands the question."