PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Comics Presents...

DelBubs
11-23-2004, 08:30 PM
I've put this in the 'Other Comics' forum cos the subject matter could probably make an interesting read.

Now if Marvel said to you, I want you to write a one off issue for a series highlighting obscure characters. Who would you chose? I won't explain my choice just yet, cos I want to see what people come up with first, to gauge ideas... However, I will say my choice would be Mayhem

kozzi24
11-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Depending on the page count I'd have, I'd go with the original trie of Soviet Super Soldiers, Darkstar, Vanguard and Ursa Major. But maybe there's some Alpha bias in that seeing there are some definite parallels with the Alphas that appeared in Machine Man #18.

DelBubs
11-24-2004, 05:41 PM
The three Alphans who went after Machine Man against the original Super Soldiers would make an intriquing match up. Not sure how Aurora and Northstar would fare, but I reckon Sas would kick Ursa Major into next week.

maniac mike
11-24-2004, 08:34 PM
My choice would have to be OMEGA THE UNKNOWN.

MM :twisted:

Scarlettspiderg
11-24-2004, 08:39 PM
How about Darkhawk, Sleepwalker and the Slingers!

Mystic
11-24-2004, 08:47 PM
I would have to say....Black Widow.

Not Natasha, but the original Black Widow from the golden age of books. She was a psychic who made a deal with the devil (Mephisto...or whoever now) after she died, to come back and kill villains to give him more souls. I think that the concept has possiblities...

-Mystic

DelBubs
11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
MM : Omega The Unknown, that monicker is known to me, but can't actually place the character at present.

ScarlettSpider : Darkhawk is a good choice, to good a character to leave in limbo. I'm sure I read somwhere that Sleepwalker was going to get a new series (not sure if ongoing or limited), but somthing put a stop to that. As for the Slingers, well I'll leave that alone.

Mystic : I don't know that Black Widow, but doesn't half sound a similar concept to Nemesis. Wonder if any comparisons were considerd by Byrne?

Mokole
11-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Feedback, Witchfire.

Mystic
11-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah, it is actually an interesting character, that I am very tempted to write a fanfic for (How many times have I said that now?? :D :roll: ). You can read more about her here (http://www.toonopedia.com/blwidow1.htm).

Cheers,
-Mystic

Scarlettspiderg
11-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Sleepwalker had a segment in Marvels Epic Anthology, which lasted 1 issue and didnt show if it was the Sleepwalker of the 90's. MEA hasent been published since and so Sleepwalker went back to limbo.

Phil
11-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Wyre, baby ;)

DelBubs
11-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Doesn't anyone remeber Marvel Comics Present. What about 3-D Man, El Aguila, White Tiger (Hispanic Black Panther rip off) or the Torpedo. I would also have no problem with Wyre. I can see the comparisons with Cable, but he was a way better character than Cable.

Scarlettspiderg
11-26-2004, 01:48 PM
How about Solo? He recently made an appearance in Cable/Deadpool, could be kinda good to see how his war is going on (ok he's a Punisher rip but he had powers!).