PDA

View Full Version : Sabretooth #4

Phil
12-02-2004, 04:13 PM
is now out.

Sasquatch appears.

The ending is erm..... open to intepretation.

Discuss;

Ottawa Renegade
12-02-2004, 06:52 PM
I would hope Sabretooth appears...Did you mean someone else? Was this a Sasquatch guest-appearance?

rplass
12-02-2004, 08:27 PM
From the way the LS went, Marvel could just as easily had titled it, "Sasquatch & Sabretooth", since I think Sas got more panels than Sab. Note I put Sas's name first, heh. Now the ending, yes, Ben, I do believe it is open to interpretation. Of course, I believe that Hamilton's, "hippy friend" is Sas.

I love the whole, "don't color blood red in comics" rule, and how Bart Sears made the blood throughout the series look like black ink splotches. My g/f commented on that one particular bloody panel in issue IV [Ben knows which one] where it looks like Sears just scribbled his pen around; it doesn't really resemble bleeding.

I really enjoyed the entire Sabretooth LS and will definitely pick up the TPB next year when it comes out. I'm a sucker for the shiny covers.

I'm also not sure if it is a 6- 5- or 4-part series. The cover clearly says IV of IV, but I've seen it mentioned as a VI and V books also.

Love,

rplass

Phil
12-03-2004, 06:49 AM
I would hope Sabretooth appears...Did you mean someone else? Was this a Sasquatch guest-appearance?

That'd be what I meant, edited. Danke.

Barnacle13
12-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Spoiler Alert*************

I haven't read the book yet, but I read over at Quesada's site that Wendigo kills Sasquatch! Say it ain't so! Couldn't they have sent him into space or something :evil:

Ben
12-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Spoiler Alert*************

I haven't read the book yet, but I read over at Quesada's site that Wendigo kills Sasquatch! Say it ain't so! Couldn't they have sent him into space or something :evil:

No, he did a good number on Sas, but Sabretooth refered to there bing time to save him when the boat arrived.

Ben

Barnacle13
12-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Good! I plan to buy it this weekend along with AF#10, but I had to verify this news. I was a bit surprised to hear it. Glad Sas still has time to recover. Maybe he'll be back in one piece by the time they relaunch the book. I guess now he'll have a major mad-on for Wendigo!

varo
12-03-2004, 06:36 PM
was this only a 4 issue series?

Phil
12-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Yes, although originally solicited as 6.

Le Messor
12-08-2004, 01:09 AM
I haven't got #4 yet, but after the first 3...

Man, this is a good series! I didn't expect much from a Sabes series, but it's good. And they used him well in it.
I got the feeling the writer -wanted- to do a Sasquatch series, but Marvel said it wouldn't sell. Poor Sas, getting so beat up throughout. Isn't he bulletproof? At least stakeproof?
- Mik
"I thought I'd jab a stake through his heart."
"He's not a vampire."
"You'd be surprised how many things that'll kill."
- Buffy

Cliff
12-08-2004, 12:24 PM

No, he did a good number on Sas, but Sabretooth refered to there bing time to save him when the boat arrived.

Ben

Yeah, also remember taht Walt's healing is accelerated and he's survived worse. Wendigo worked him over and left him for dead, but he'll get better...;)

cmdrkoenig67
12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I really enjoyed this mini.....It definitely read more like a Sasquatch limited series(in most areas), but that's fine by me. :D

Dana

Ben
12-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Regarding how easly Sas got hurt, I dont' think those steaks should have hurt him, or the gun shots, as he has withstood armour piercing machine gun fire.

Ben

Legerd
12-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Regarding how easly Sas got hurt, I dont' think those steaks should have hurt him, or the gun shots, as he has withstood armour piercing machine gun fire.

Ben

Gotta love that continuity... or in this case not. :?

Cliff
12-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Well, i don't know. Wendigo has darn near killed Wolverine in the past and Walt is a tough bloke but has nowhere near Logan's regenerative ablility. If you can cut through his hide, he bleeds. He got ambushed and overpowered but Wendigo's rage in this fight and it seems appropriate, really. Now, they flip side of that is that he'll get better pretty quickly and ol' Sabes finished the job, leaving Walt to recover in time.

kozzi24
12-09-2004, 02:41 PM

Ben
Sabes set the trap for Wendigo, so the explaanation for Sas's injuries is that the stakes were make of something more than sharpened tree limbs?

Legerd
12-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Well, i don't know. Wendigo has darn near killed Wolverine in the past and Walt is a tough bloke but has nowhere near Logan's regenerative ablility. If you can cut through his hide, he bleeds. He got ambushed and overpowered but Wendigo's rage in this fight and it seems appropriate, really. Now, they flip side of that is that he'll get better pretty quickly and ol' Sabes finished the job, leaving Walt to recover in time.

True, Wendigo could take Sasquatch out but neither the stakes nor the bullets should have been able to hurt him. As for the stakes being anything other than wood, you would expect Sabertooth to have said something in the book to that effect if it were true. I think it was simply lousy continuity on the part of Daniel Way.