PDA

View Full Version : Vote: Favorite Alphans

Cliff
12-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Choose 10 former Alpha Flight members (or others) fromt he list below and put in your vote for the site's ideal team. The list is essentially in order of when they joined (or as close as I can remember) and I suppose, if you really want them to, dead characters could come back (could be a new person with similar powers). Characters with an '*' weren't every truly members but have enough of an affiliation to be considered "Alphans" in a loose sense.

Remember, just pick ten . I'll add up the votes and ttally the totals over the next week or so. Then, I'll find the top eight and that'll be our board FanPic team.

Ready? GO!
Guardian - James MacDonald Hudson (older)
Guardian - James MacDonald Hudson (younger) (desceased)
Vindicator - Heather Hudson
Wolverine - Logan
Puck - Eugene Judd
Sasquatch - Walter Langkowski
Snowbird - Narya/Anne Thompson
Shaman - Michael Twoyoungmen
Northstar - Jean-Paul Beaubier
Aurora - Jeanne-Marie Beaubier
Box/Gemini - Madison Jefferies
Box - Roger Bochs (desceased)
Marrina - Marrina Smallwood (missing presumed dead)
Talisman - Elizabeth Twoyoungmen
Nemesis -
Diamond Lil - Lillian Crawley-Jefferies
Wild Child - Kyle Gibney
Flashback - Gardner Munroe
Smart Alec - Alexander Thorne (desceased)
Persuasion - Kara Killgrave
Witchfire - Ananym
Auric - Zhao Tang (gestalt being with Silver)
Silver - Jihmon Tang (gestalt being with Auric)
Manakin - Whitman Knapp
Windshear - Colin Hume
Pathway - Laura Dean
Goblyn - Goblyn Dean
Wyre -
Jade Dragon - Dei Guan
Earthmover - Chuck Moss
*Groundhog - Det. Sean Bernard
*Saint Elmo - unknown (desceased)
*Stitch - Jodi ?
*Feedback - Albert Louis
Manbot -
Radius - Jared Corbo (missing presumed dead)
Flex - Adrian Corbo
Murmur - Arlette Trufault
Ghost Girl - Lilli ?
Centennial - Rutherford Princeton
Major Mapleaf - Lou Sadler Jr.
Puck - Zuzha Yu
Yukon jack - Yukotujakzurjimozoata
Mar -
*Sunfire - Shiro Yoshida

DelBubs
12-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Puck - Eugene Judd
Wyre -
Nemesis -
Diamond Lil -

Legerd
12-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Guardian - James MacDonald Hudson (older/original)
Puck - Eugene Judd
Box - Madison Jefferies
Windshear - Colin Hume
Wolverine - Logan/James Howlet
Marrina - Marrina Smallwood
Wyre -

HappyCanuck
12-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Puck - Eugene Judd
Nemesis -
Earthmover - Chuck Moss
Flex - Adrian Corbo
Puck - Zuzha Yu
Mar -

Mokole
12-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Box - Madison Jeffries
Feedback - Albert Louis
Windshear - Colin Hume
Nemesis - Amelia St. Ives
Ghost Girl - Lilli ?
Puck - Zuzha Yu
Witchfire - Anynam
Centenniel - Rutherford Princeton

Tough to leave Judd off.

Adam
12-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Puck - Eugene Judd
Nemesis -

If Mac's going to be alive and not a robot I don't mind having him around either, maybe he can be be the work an administrative role. I like a lot of the current series characters so they can be Beta.

cmdrkoenig67
12-09-2004, 08:49 AM

Puck - Eugene Judd

Snowbird - Narya

Windshear - Colin Ashworth Hume

varo
12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
guardian- mac (older)

sasquatch

northstar

aurora

shaman

puck

snowbird

talisman

box (bochs design)

wildchild

birdygirl
12-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Guardian -- James MacDonald Hudson (older)

Vindicator-- Heather Hudson

Puck -- Eugene Judd

Sasquatch -- Walter Langkowski

Snowbird -- Narya/Anne Thompson

Shaman -- Michael Twoyoungmen

Northstar -- Jean-Paul Beaubier

Aurora -- Jeanne-Marie Beaubier

Marrina -- Marrina Smallwood

Talisman -- Elizabeth Twoyoungmen

kozzi24
12-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Vindicator - Heather Hudson (as "Guardian")
Puck - Eugene Judd
Snowbird -
Persuasion - Kara Killgrave

Cliff
12-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Puck - Eugene Judd
Wyre -

Need a couple more from ya, Del. Each of us are picking ten which I'll "file down" to a team of eight. Basically, it's for tie breaker purposes and to keep the suspense up. ;)

kozzi24
12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey Cliff...respect for the effort you're putting in here!
Shouldn't these guys also be markedd as deceased?

Guardian - James MacDonald Hudson (younger)
Auric - Zhao Tang
Silver - Jihmon Tang
Radius - Jared Corbo
and maybe Manbot too (can't remember that one for sure)

Cliff
12-09-2004, 12:51 PM
As of Vol 2, your Mac and old Mac were just sort of left to thier own devices. If they've been killed off after that, I don't know about it. I know it was "a" mac that we saw in Vol3 trapped in the Plodex ship, but we don't know which it was, unless you have a title/issue that shows one of them getting the axe.

Radius also was alive at the end of Vol2.

Silver and Auric I don't know about. I remember that they returned to China and all that, but I don't remember then dying.

If they should be, then just consider then as such and I'll research it more myself. Like I said though, any vote for a deceased hero counts as a vote for that type of hero coming back, so a vote for a dead Smart Alec just means someone else with the same or similar abilities.

Thanks for the heads up tho. 8)

DelBubs
12-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Added another couple. No excuses for the faux pas :?

Cliff
12-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Ah, well, you voted for Lil so you're forgiven. :D

It's looking like there are two clear front runners here so far, so I dont' think we're going to get a team without Walt or Eugene unless something strange happens. Still a lot of people on the boards yet to vote obviously.

I think the most surprising thing so far is that there are so few votes for former Gammas and for the ANAD team. Most of the votes are for originals and so far one of the coolest ideas is kozzi's putting Heather in as Guardian.

I'm reserving my picks until later so I'm not seemingly padding the proceedings. I picked mine when I made the list.

Ben
12-09-2004, 01:40 PM
As of Vol 2, your Mac and old Mac were just sort of left to thier own devices. If they've been killed off after that, I don't know about it. I know it was "a" mac that we saw in Vol3 trapped in the Plodex ship, but we don't know which it was, unless you have a title/issue that shows one of them getting the axe.

Silver and Auric I don't know about. I remember that they returned to China and all that, but I don't remember then dying.

If they should be, then just consider then as such and I'll research it more myself. Like I said though, any vote for a deceased hero counts as a vote for that type of hero coming back, so a vote for a dead Smart Alec just means someone else with the same or similar abilities.

Thanks for the heads up tho. 8)

Young Mac died in the pages of Wolverine, Silver and Auric are dead, and have merged into a new being (as of AF 121) Radius died in the pages of X-Men (or is assumed dead at least)

Ben

Ben
12-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Better put my list out there!

# Vindicator - Heather Hudson
# Puck - Eugene Judd
# Sasquatch - Walter Langkowski
# Snowbird - Narya/Anne Thompson
# Shaman - Michael Twoyoungmen
# Box/Gemini - Madison Jefferies
# Nemesis -
# Wild Child - Kyle Gibney
# Centennial - Rutherford Princeton
# Major Mapleaf - Lou Sadler Jr.

With the cast we have it's tough to cut some out, but I would look at the team to have lots of potential to have characters roll in and out.

Ben

cmdrkoenig67
12-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I have to say this....there are some VERY telling line-ups here. A whole lot of Vol. 1 Alphans....Hmmm. :wink:

Dana

Cliff
12-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Young Mac died in the pages of Wolverine, Silver and Auric are dead, and have merged into a new being (as of AF 121) Radius died in the pages of X-Men (or is assumed dead at least)

Ben

Jared Corbo - dead as of Uncanny X-men #405.

Guardian II - dead as of Wolverine (2nd series) #143.

Jihmon and Zhao Tang are apparently part of a composite being as of Alpha Flight v.1, #121 consisting of the mind of a scientist named Hedison. Nemesis destroyed a "nexus" that the Brass Bishop was trying to use to siphon off power from the Tang siblings and Hedison that they absorbed from the Sphinx when it was destroyed, apparently killing the siblings. Now this composite enegy being exists instead. If there are enough votes, we'll figure out what to do, but that's a pretty wild set-up and back-story. Can't locate the issue where AF defeated the Sphinx so if anyone knows that it'd be helpful.

I tried posting it jsut a second ago but my browser locked up. Thanks though Ben. At least it's all settled now. It also doesn't take them out of it as far as the voting goes though... ;)

kozzi24
12-09-2004, 02:35 PM
The Sphinx battle was not with Alpha. It was an arce through the annuals of the Spider-titles and New Warriors, and only one of the siblings appeared. AF 121 was Furman's follow up, and he seemed to have cleaned up some of Alpha's dead wood by making both siblings dead.

Cliff
12-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Oooohhhh yeeeeeaaahhhhh....

dang. That was a long time ago. I got NW way back when and remember that crossover but onl;y got the NW and, IIRC, FF titles that covered it.

Thanks koz.

Technically though, they're still "alive" albeit combined into asome kind of energy being with that Hedison guy. With power over molecular activity like that and the understanding to use it, they/it could be a powerful hero or villian.

The issue synopsis doesn't really give an idea about what happened with the energy being, so I'll have to scrounge more.

Mokole
12-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I asked my boys to vote. Here's their list, in no order:

Box - Madison Jeffries
Major Mapleleaf - Lou Sadler
Nemesis - Amelia St. Ives
Puck - Zuzha Yu
Centenniel - Rutherford Princeton
Puck - Eugene Judd
Snowbird
Flex - Adrian Corbo
Ghost Girl - Lilli

Barnacle13
12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Puck - Eugene Judd
Wild Child - Kyle Gibney
Radius - Jared Corbo
Flex - Adrian Corbo
Mar -

A little something for everyone. Though I'd seriously consider removing Heather and replacing with a new leader in a different suit and moniker. I think she should be raisiing her baby.

Barnacle13
12-09-2004, 05:15 PM
[quote=Ben]Young Mac died in the pages of Wolverine, Silver and Auric are dead, and have merged into a new being (as of AF 121) Radius died in the pages of X-Men (or is assumed dead at least)

Ben

Jared Corbo - dead as of Uncanny X-men #405.

So is it confirmed dead or presumed dead? Which is it? As you can tell it made no difference in my vote, but it would be nice to know.

Cliff
12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Radius - Jared Corbo

Just making sure you knew he got killed. I didnt' know it. Since noone else has yet voted for a dead character I just wanted to be sure.

A brand new guy in the suit too would create some new conflicts also. Neat idea.

DelBubs
12-09-2004, 05:30 PM
I think the Radius status was discussed on a thread a few months back. Someone wanna go hunt it down :lol: I like to work on the principle that he is worm fodder, it helps me sleep at night :twisted:. However given what we know about his force field, some uncertainty should remain.

Cliff
12-09-2004, 05:32 PM
So is it confirmed dead or presumed dead? Which is it? As you can tell it made no difference in my vote, but it would be nice to know.

I'll list him as missing instead, but who knows. If he had to eat through a filter, how could he even breath? Maybe he doesn't really need to and he's fine.

Here's a brief from a #405 synopsis:
Radius, who's done nothing else of interest in the entire storyline, hires Stacy X to perform her usual services.Â* Then he starts boring her to death with details of his complicated back story from Alpha Flight.Â* Avalanche and the Blob beat them both up and apparently bury Radius in a chasm.Â* We never see him again, so it's unclear whether he survived.

It does sound pretty fatal, but the impact wouldn't have hurt him much if at all. It's really breathing that would prove problematic but Jared was both resourceful and could get quite mad at times (lol). Determined as he was typically, I could see him surviving and digging out.

Adam
12-09-2004, 05:41 PM
I'll list him as missing instead, but who knows. If he had to eat through a filter, how could he even breath? Maybe he doesn't really need to and he's fine.

It's reasons like these I always found Radius a bit of a silly character. His powers raise too many questions that are solved by wierd plot devices like his eating-filter and assumptions like "maybe he dosen't breath."

HappyCanuck
12-09-2004, 05:42 PM

Mac Jr. was killed in Wolverine (vol 2) 143, when, to save the others, he merged with one of AIM's killer robot-things. It blew up with him in it.

Radius was assumed killed in UXM 408 by Avalanche, who dropped him a fissure, then closed it afterwards.

I don't know what issue, but they are listed among the dead in a latter issue in series 1 (post issue 85 - 90)

Just keeping you up to speed on things!

DelBubs
12-09-2004, 05:59 PM

I don't know what issue, but they are listed among the dead in a latter issue in series 1 (post issue 85 - 90)

Just keeping you up to speed on things!
Silver and Auric where described as dead in 'New Warriors Annual' #2. Part of the 'Hero Killers' arc running through four annuals, (Most of them Spiderman)

Cliff
12-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Jeeze !!!

You lot are more pedantic than I am. (lol)

Look...it doesn't matter if they're alive or dead...makes no difference.

Just vote.

:lol:

DelBubs
12-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Jeeze !!!

Just vote.

Would make a difference in a battle, "Radius, quick, stop Bile battering the granny out of Talisman, Radius, RADIUS, oh I forgot, your dead" :roll:

Cliff
12-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Jeeze !!!

Just vote.

Would make a difference in a battle, "Radius, quick, stop Bile battering the granny out of Talisman, Radius, RADIUS, oh I forgot, your dead" :roll:

But it wouldnt' because if Radius gets enough votes, then he didnt' die in the ravine....or it's a different guy with similar powers....or it's a clone (not like that hasn't happened before!).

Dead peaople are fair game as far as being legal cadidates in this election! (lol)

Phil
12-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian
Guardian

For those death and reincarnation issues.

kozzi24
12-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Good one Phil...lol
1. the original, pulled from time
2. Heather in the suit
3. the kid clone
4. the one found in Antartica
5. Delphine in disguise
6. the one found at Roxxon and died in #100
7. the one disguised as Gentry
8. a future Mac who assembled the others to defeat a villain no single Mac could withstand
9. the one from an alternate reality who is married to Aurora
10. one from an alternate reality who is married to Northstar
Didn't think it was that possible, did you?

but seriously, in reference to the dead, let's keep them that way. Isn't the Marvel U convoluted enough?

Phil
12-09-2004, 08:52 PM
That's leaving out the one from Mutant X, the (dead)one from the Age of Apocalypse, the one from Days Of Future Past and the one from Earth/Universe/Paradise X.

kozzi24
12-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Cliff set his limit as 10. To solve the problem, 1 dies every issue and gets replaced ala Exiles.

syvalois
12-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Guardian - Heather Hudson (likes her with the names Gardian, forthe same reason Mac changed to that name)

Puck - Eugene Judd

Snowbird - Narya/Anne Thompson (with Ed changes)

Aurora - Jeanne-Marie Beaubier (with the good accent and expression 8) )

Diamond Lil - Lillian Crawley-Jefferies

Flex - Adrian Corbo

PWalk
12-10-2004, 10:05 AM

Puck - Eugene Judd

Nemesis -

Yukon jack - Yukotujakzurjimozoata

Adam
12-10-2004, 10:57 AM

I think what we need is a Saint Elmo ongoing series. Maybe he'll join the New Avengers :)

Barnacle13
12-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Perhaps Radius could make a good villain for a new Alpha Flight then. Given his affiliation, he'd know quite a bit about past incarnations. He could be Department H's newest lackey. New leader of Omega Flight or something. Use him to hunt down others and destroy or capture them. Maybe Department H dug him up and reprogrammed him. Imagine the tension when Alpha (with Flex as a member) face off against Omega led by Radius.

DelBubs
12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Perhaps Radius could make a good villain for a new Alpha Flight then. Given his affiliation, he'd know quite a bit about past incarnations. He could be Department H's newest lackey. New leader of Omega Flight or something. Use him to hunt down others and destroy or capture them. Maybe Department H dug him up and reprogrammed him. Imagine the tension when Alpha (with Flex as a member) face off against Omega led by Radius.
Radius is so dead, live with it :-)

Cliff
12-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Actually, any number of the V2 characters could ahve been cloned like Mac was.

But let's leave the Radius: Dead or Alive debate to that thread and not this one.

:wink:

seroquel
12-10-2004, 11:57 PM
I am sure my choices won't shock anyone as I crush on the original team so very much. However I totally crush on puck II as well. So..

Guardian - as Heather
NS
Aurora
Puck I
Puck II
Sasquatch - as a man (does that have to be specified?)
Snowbird - alive and unpregnant
Shaman
Madison
Box- Roger Box

cmdrkoenig67
12-11-2004, 01:15 AM
No real surprises in this thread, so far :wink:

Dana :D

HappyCanuck
12-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Actually, there are a couple surprises - like that Flex and Lilli are the only ones from v.2 that has had any interest , and that nearly no one has chosen anyone from the old Beta/Gamma Flights. I would have thought at least ONE would have chosen Goblyn or Witchfire (I can understand Kara, Laura and Whit).

kozzi24
12-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Mokole chose Witchfire the first time he voted, but not the second time.

Cliff
12-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Actually, it was a tough choice for me between Lilli and Ananym. I wanted to pick someone really new and Withchfire is someone whoo could be story-line potential, coming back to get her issues straightened out, but not really a "trainee" character.

So here's my picks, already recorded:
Puck - Eugene Judd
Sasquatch - Walt Langkowski
Snowbird - Narya
Shaman - Elizabeth Twoyoungmen
Wildchild - Kyle Gibney
Manbot - still left over pieces of the Bochs Box suit
Ghost Girl - Lilli whatever her last name is (lol)
Major Mapleaf - Lou Sadler Jr. in Guardian suit (!)
Puck - Zuzha Yu
Mar

I also wanted to pick Diamond Lil, but couldn't rationalize her if I didnt' pick Madison too. I like the idea of a newbie being in the guardian suit, and I'd like to see Lou do it, although he'd retain the MML name out of respect for all the dead Guardians before him and his father.

Of course, I'm the only one who voted for poor Manbot. :(

Cliff
12-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Anybody else want to get a vote in, get it on up. I'm swamped for the next couple of days so won't be able to post any results like I'd like to any time soon, so by Wednesday I'll call this one closed. 8)

Cliff
12-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Final Scores

15 - Puck - Eugene Judd
15 - Sasquatch - Walter Langkowski
14 - Snowbird - Narya
11 - Shaman - Michael Twoyoungmen
10 - Vindicator - Heather Hudson
09 - Northstar - Jean-paul Beaubier
09 - Talisman - Ellizabeth Twoyoungmen
08 - Box - Madison Jefferies

Next top six for reserves or whatever:
07 - Aurora - Jeane-marie Beaubier
07 - Nemesis
06 - Centeniel - Rutherford Princeton
05 - Puck - Zuzha Yu
05 - Major Mapleaf - Lou Sadler
05 - Guardian - Mac Hudson

cmdrkoenig67
12-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Interesting results, thanks Cliff.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
12-20-2004, 01:26 AM
BTW....Cliff, this poll was up less than a week, shouldn't you give it a bit more time?

Dana

Weapon X.5
12-22-2004, 04:59 AM
Here's my Alpha Flight...........

Puck - Eugene Judd
Box - Madison Jefferies
Nemesis -
Windshear - Colin Hume

Guardian will always be Mac the 1st in my mind.