PDA

View Full Version : For Canadians: UXM #139-140

Le Messor
12-19-2004, 12:13 AM
In Uncanny... I wrote the numbers above, and can't be bothered writing them again. And, yes, it is easier to type all these letters than all them numbers. I'm that much less worse at typing letters.

Anyway, they were set in the Hudson Bay area, in Quebec, at 'Big Moose Creek' and the mountie checked in with 'Ugali Station'.
Are these places real? The Creek and the station, that is. I know Quebec's fiction.

If they are, what's the nearest town?

Thanks.

- Le Messor
"Build a system even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it."

Ottawa Renegade
12-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Nothing a little Google won't cure...I don't come up with anything in Quebec for Ugali Station or Big Moose Creek.

HappyCanuck
12-19-2004, 10:27 AM
The closest I can find is Moose Creek, Ontario, and there's an old mine in Nunavut, near Iqaluit named Ugali (a Congan [Africa] name)... but that's as close as I can get after so little sleep...

Le Messor
12-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks. I can't find it with the usual web searches, which is why I'm asking here. Ugali seems to be some kind of African food.

- Le Messor
"Business will be either better or worse."
- Calvin Coolidge

Nogoodnamesleft
02-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I've never even heard of Ugali Station or Big Moose Creek. Judging by said point, it's certainly possible they're ficticious.

kozzi24
02-04-2005, 12:35 AM
And if someone as worldly and thorough in this research as you has not heard of them, they MUST NOT exist!

Le Messor
02-05-2005, 08:29 PM
And if someone as worldly and thorough in this research as you has not heard of them, they MUST NOT exist!

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. Or who you're talking to. Or why I got up this morning.

- Le Messor
Xander (?): "Your sarcastic voice is a lot like your normal voice."
Oz: "I get that a lot."