PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone!

firestar
12-22-2004, 05:45 AM
Hi everyone! my name's Elisabetta (but people call me Eli) i'm 20 years old (nearly 21, on February). I'mm italian, and i live in a small town called Alba, capital of the white trouffle and of Nutella (do you now it? Yes, me stupid, it's all over the world!)
I'm studing english and german at the University of Tourin, second year.(I'm attending tha facoulty of modern languages) .
I love reading, listening to music (Queen rules!) and Writing (I hope to became a journalist). I also write on an italian site of Fan-fiction, "vmarvelfriends", and one of my fanfiction is a story about...Alpha Flight! (today, i'm wrting a special story called "alpha Flight's Christmas carol) I red only some story of this group, but it was love at first sight!!!
i HOpo to haven't done too mistakes... my english is less than perfect!
Hi everyone. i hope top have a great fun on this forum and to find new friends!

HappyCanuck
12-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Welcome to our merry Asylum, Eli. As always, if you have any questions about Alpha Flight, don't fret - it's our favourite subject around here :D . Also, as a precautionary warning, beware the cupboards. We lost four people to them last week, and have yet to figure out where they went (we have our suspicions a certain member has been taking the new guys and using them in some sort of scientific experiment. But :-$ , we don't want to let them know we are on to them!)

... Hey, when did I become the unofficial welcome wagon?! :-k

HappyCanuck
12-22-2004, 08:47 AM
And on that note...

I love reading, listening to music (Queen rules!) and Writing (I hope to became a journalist). I also write on an italian site of Fan-fiction, "vmarvelfriends", and one of my fanfiction is a story about...Alpha Flight!

Hmm, if you were a few continents closer - and male - I'd be in love! :D

PWalk
12-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the site. Look forward to reading your Alpha Flight Christmas Carol.

firestar
12-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the site. Look forward to reading your Alpha Flight Christmas Carol.

thank you! but you'll must wait for it, bevause i'm writing it in italian, and i've still to translate it.!!

Ben
12-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Welcome Eli! I must say, your written english is great, better than many Canadians and Americans I know...and we won't talk about the brits ;)

If you are looking for a place to post some of your AF fan fiction, I'd be happy to put it up, Italian, or English :)

I see Allan has already warned you about the cupboard. Don't worry, it hasn't eaten any Italians...yet

Let me or Phil know if you have any problems or questions

Ben

Scarlettspiderg
12-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Hi Eli, cool signiture pic.

Mokole
12-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Welcome. My wife is not Italian but has Mexican-Danish parents, so her Spanish is good, not so her Danish. She's never mentioned knowing any Italian, though. :wink:

firestar
12-23-2004, 10:23 AM
thanks for the great welcome!
I'm happy to have met so many nice people!

HappyCanuck
12-23-2004, 11:53 AM
and we're glad to have met you. Nice to know that a comic about a country that seemingly has little recognition outside the British Commonwealth (and even there, it's rarely acknowledged) is known in other countries.

kozzi24
12-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Byrne's Alpha, and into Mantlo's run, was packaged with Avengers reprint material in Italy. I picked up two issues when I was there a few years ago

syvalois
12-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone! my name's Elisabetta (but people call me Eli) i'm 20 years old (nearly 21, on February). I'mm italian,
i HOpo to haven't done too mistakes... my english is less than perfect!
Hi everyone. i hope top have a great fun on this forum and to find new friends!

Allô Eli, don't worry about your english, they have seen worst, they have see me!!! :twisted: I'm from Québec, french is my first language and I learned english reading comic books. Here we have a good group support that understand us and our addiction :)

Phil
12-24-2004, 03:33 PM
and we won't talk about the brits ;)

Always wise :wink: