PDA

View Full Version : I Need some images

firestar
01-18-2005, 05:13 PM
hi everyone! It's me, again, and i need some help.
I'm writing, as someone knowns, an AlphaFlight fanfiction in my mother language, italian.
In this site, we are used to create bios of the characters, with images.
I'm writing the Radius file, but i don't have images about him!
I've halso look in the web, but there is nothing!
Can you help me?

Ben
01-18-2005, 06:12 PM
I can hook you up, but not for a few days. my time is packed for the next little while, but before too long I can get some to you. It will get me motivated to get some new stuff up on AF.net

Ben

firestar
01-21-2005, 01:37 PM
thank you very much, ben, and no probelm..take it easy, i don't nedd them immediately!
thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

Nogoodnamesleft
02-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Why would you want to write it in Italian? I mean, I know you might BE Italian, but why would an Italian care for Canadian superheroes? And I doubt that anybody who's ever been a member of Alpha Flight can speak more Italian than doing a bad impression of Mario and/or Luigi.

kozzi24
02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Alpha met an Italian hero circa #107. We know that the twins are bilingual, and it is scientific fact that people who learn multiple languages at a young age learn additional languages easier, something about early development of the brain's capacity for language.
My guess would be the Northstar, at least, speaks MANY languages. He was born Beaubier, but raised until age 6 by "Martins"

DelBubs
02-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm English and am proud to proclaim that Alpha Flight is my all time fave Marvel team book. I would assume that Firestar isn't the only Italian fan of Alpha Flight, and also that some of these fans can't read english, probably much the same as you can't read Italian.

kozzi24
02-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I was in Italy in December 2001, and got a few Avengers reprints that were packages of multiple books, including West Coast Avengers and Alpha. The Alpha went at least into Mantlo's run, so I would say there are a fair number of Italian fans.

syvalois
02-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Why would you want to write it in Italian? I mean, I know you might BE Italian, but why would an Italian care for Canadian superheroes? And I doubt that anybody who's ever been a member of Alpha Flight can speak more Italian than doing a bad impression of Mario and/or Luigi.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/burnparadise/SimbaCharges.gif by: burN@

syvalois
02-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Vraiment, ça prend pas un gros cerveau pour comprendre que c'est plus facile d'écrire dans sa propre langue et dépendant de ton public, tu écris dans la langue qu'il comprend. Sort de ton trou, la vie ne tourne pas autour de toi.

DelBubs
02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Cependant Sylvie, que vous devez comprendre est que quelques gens peuvent obtenir par avec avoir aucun cerveau Ã* tout. C'est des idiots comme que qui croit que toutes choses tournent autour d'eux. Toujours au moins nous ne lui sommes pas relatés.

HappyCanuck
02-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Cependant Sylvie, que vous devez comprendre est que quelques gens peuvent obtenir par avec avoir aucun cerveau Ã* tout. C'est des idiots comme que qui croit que toutes choses tournent autour d'eux. Toujours au moins nous ne lui sommes pas relatés.

:shock: Del speaking French... now I'm scared...

syvalois
02-03-2005, 11:50 PM
:shock: Del speaking French... now I'm scared...[/quote]

You where not the only one. I love you Del!!! :wink:

DelBubs
02-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Je t'aime trop Sylvie, mais n'indiquent pas burN@ :-), je ne voudrait pas ennuyer le côté faux du monsieur. Je cependant dois admettre Ã* un peu du slioght de la main. Se rendant compte qu'elle serait grossière pour ne pas essayer et ne pas répondre Ã* votre poteau en français, j'ai employé un emplacement de traduction de langue. Veuillez pardonner ma déception.

Allan, ait peur, très effrayé :lol:

syvalois
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
ok, I know you used a translator, the last e-mail was very hard to read, I'm guessing most of what you meant, but thanks anyway. It was cool.

DelBubs
02-04-2005, 10:08 AM
I used a different translator for my last message cos the first I used didn't want to play no more. However now that I know it's there I shall prolly use it more. However, I kinda hope we don't get any Russians for a while, if my last message is any indication of what it does to English-French, can you imagine what it would do with Russian. :shock:

JohnnyCanuck
02-06-2005, 01:13 AM
I figured that Sylvie couldn't read it because of the british accent.

Johhny Canuck

PS How ya doing Del . Been a real long time.

DelBubs
02-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Not to bad at all Johnny, on a two week hiatus from home and using the time to hone up my Canadian accent writing skills, eh!! :-) :roll:

Harfang
04-22-2005, 01:14 PM
bonjour a tous
je vois que ca parle francais ici (je suis un peu sauvé , mon anglais etant plutot mediocre) merci aux cousin(e)s québécois(es) :lol:

je suis fan d'alpha fights (division alpha in French ) et je viens de tomber par hazard sur ce site et forum :)

have fun

Ben
04-22-2005, 02:00 PM
If you have a scanner Harfang? I would love to get some scans of french Alpha Flight covers! Sylvie gave me a few, and I've got a few spanish ones, but it would be fun if I could get some more, and have a special part of the site for such things.

Ben

Harfang
04-22-2005, 02:06 PM
hi ben ,
alpha fight was edited in France but it ended several years ago with the Insomia story (maybe another name in english) and alpha fight had not its own comics but it was in a book where was published others comics with (amazing spider-man ; avengers ..)
i could find you some french cover if you want :)

here is an old web site about alpha fight http://membres.lycos.fr/stephmas78/marvel/liste.htm

Harfang
04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
France discovered Alpha Fight with this cover :

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/c6/c6/e4_1_b.JPG

some other French covers :

http://i10.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/c5/d8/6a_1_b.JPG

http://i16.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/c7/4f/6c_1_b.JPG

http://i13.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/c6/d8/c2_1_b.JPG

Ben
04-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks :) I had actually seen that site a couple of days ago, Sylvie sent it to me for french AF terms. I would love to see some covers if you get a chance! you can send any such thing to ben@alphaflight.net

Ben

syvalois
04-22-2005, 02:35 PM
bonjour a tous
je vois que ca parle francais ici (je suis un peu sauvé , mon anglais etant plutot mediocre) merci aux cousin(e)s québécois(es) :lol:

je suis fan d'alpha fights (division alpha in French ) et je viens de tomber par hazard sur ce site et forum :)

have fun

Bien, ça se résume beaucoup Ã* la cousine québécoise, c'est Ã* dire moi. Il n'y a pas beaucoup d'autres québécois ou francophone qui jase ici. Mais c'est pas grave. Ben comprend le français, mais il se rappelle plus comment l'écrire. Il vient de l'ÃŽle-du-Prince-Édouard, donc, il est pas québécois.

Je connais le magazine Strange, mon frère Ã* 1 numéro avec le X-men et une vieille histoire des fantastic Four. C'était drôle de voir des nouvelles couvertures faites en France.

ok, I will translate : the quebecois cousins is, well just about me. We usually speak english here and Ben can understand french but don't write it. He comes from PEI so he is not a quebecois cousin.

I know about the Strange mafgazne since my brother bought one once (x-men story plus and old ff tale). And it's funny to see a french made cover.

Ben
04-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey, those covers are great! Thanks! Some art there I've never seen before!

Ben

Harfang
04-22-2005, 02:59 PM
ben, i'll scan you other covers if you want :)
certains are very beautyful

Ben
04-22-2005, 03:34 PM
ben, i'll scan you other covers if you want :)
certains are very beautyful

That would be great! Thanks :)

Ben

Harfang
04-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks :) I had actually seen that site a couple of days ago, Sylvie sent it to me for french AF terms. I would love to see some covers if you get a chance! you can send any such thing to ben@alphaflight.net

Ben

Ben , i sent you all the French covers i have about alpha fight in your e-mail address .
:D