PDA

View Full Version : Getting together

Mokole
01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
I think maybe we should put our heads together to figure out how to get AF back for later in 2005. OK, Byrne line-up with one or two newer characters seems to be the draw. NO Aurora or Northstar if they're still tied up in other books. NO Marrina retconn.

So Mac Hudson, H. Hudson. Sasquatch, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird. Then 1 or 2 more of Earthmover, Box, MML, Zuzha, Talisman, or who?

Let's all add our ideas and get Alpha Flight back ASAP!

Fire Away! :idea:

cmdrkoenig67
01-21-2005, 08:46 PM
I think maybe we should put our heads together to figure out how to get AF back for later in 2005. OK, Byrne line-up with one or two newer characters seems to be the draw. NO Aurora or Northstar if they're still tied up in other books. NO Marrina retconn.

So Mac Hudson, H. Hudson. Sasquatch, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird. Then 1 or 2 more of Earthmover, Box, MML, Zuzha, Talisman, or who?

Let's all add our ideas and get Alpha Flight back ASAP!

Fire Away! :idea:

There's no need for her to be retconned. I would like to see it dealt with, though(as far as finding out if she's dead or not)...It's gone on long enough, don't you think?

Dana

kozzi24
01-22-2005, 03:43 AM
If I remember correctly...
Marrina killed about Avengers 395...rather needlessly.
established in Alpha Flight #78 as lying in a "false" death beneath the sea
showed in the Master's Possession in the Kang War story by Busiek in Avengers. She seemed to be in status, and no comment was made, just her being shown in one panel.
There may have been another glimpse of her status, not as a mirage or flashback, somewhere in between
Someday, some writer will pick up on her. The big shame is that Byrne did not do so in his Namor run in the 1990's

Northcott
01-22-2005, 04:15 PM
There's a beginning action-filled, character-driven plotline for you:

The Alphans battle an alien menace in space before returning (if Lobdell doesn't bring them back in the last issue), and while attempting to set up a new base of operations stumble upon an old, overlooked data-patch from the Avengers Kang crisis -- seeing Marrina alive, they set about to freeing their teammate.

12 issue maxi-series (with the potential for an ongoing, based on sales) that has a surplus of both drama and action.

HappyCanuck
01-22-2005, 05:21 PM
wow, sounds interesting! I may have to use that... dammit, I need the outcome to v.3#12!! it's hard to write v.4 without knowing...

jay042
01-22-2005, 06:32 PM
What Avengers issues made up teh Kang War?

Northcott
01-22-2005, 08:35 PM
wow, sounds interesting! I may have to use that... dammit, I need the outcome to v.3#12!! it's hard to write v.4 without knowing...

Just so long as you don't mind if I use it someday, too. ;)

HappyCanuck
01-22-2005, 10:39 PM

Just so long as you don't mind if I use it someday, too. ;)

Heh, no problem. No one said similar storylines in fiction can't coexist - especially if you are using the same characters. As long as it's not the EXACT same story...

Phil
01-26-2005, 06:23 AM

Soon young padawan, soon....

HappyCanuck
01-26-2005, 09:44 AM

Soon young padawan, soon....

Not soon enough for me. I'm STILL missing issues 9 - 11.

Le Messor
01-29-2005, 07:41 PM
What Avengers issues made up teh Kang War?

45 (I think) to 54, repercussions in 55. Latest series ('cept The New Avengers).

The Master appeared in 45 - 47, Marrina in one panel of 47; only the readers saw her.

- Le Messor
"Never pay the reaper with tears only."
- Biff Naked, 'Lucky'

Legerd
01-29-2005, 09:50 PM
There's a beginning action-filled, character-driven plotline for you:

The Alphans battle an alien menace in space before returning (if Lobdell doesn't bring them back in the last issue), and while attempting to set up a new base of operations stumble upon an old, overlooked data-patch from the Avengers Kang crisis -- seeing Marrina alive, they set about to freeing their teammate.

12 issue maxi-series (with the potential for an ongoing, based on sales) that has a surplus of both drama and action.

I think the next series should begin with Walter waking up in the shower and realizing V3 was all just a dream. :wink:

HappyCanuck
01-29-2005, 10:43 PM
heh, I think the next series should have Walter wake up in the shower and realise he's DROWNING. Sleeping in the shower - not so safe.

Le Messor
01-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Drowning? In a shower?

Wouldn't a bathtub be more dangerous?

- Le Messor
"Don't dream and drive."
- Freddy Krueger

Legerd
01-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Drowning? In a shower?

- Le Messor
"Don't dream and drive."
- Freddy Krueger

Maybe it's an evil, super powered shower sent by the Dream Queen.
:lol:

HappyCanuck
01-30-2005, 04:58 AM
Drowning? In a shower?

- Le Messor
"Don't dream and drive."
- Freddy Krueger

Well, unless Walter's learned to sleep standing up, it'd have the same effect.

beetleblack
02-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Maybe it's an evil, super powered shower sent by the Dream Queen.
:lol:

Ah, yes please! What a great way that would be to start a new series - AF are the prisoners of the DreamQueen and have just been forced to endure the most annoying dream ever... *ahem*