S
P
A
C
E
http://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/af3_12_review_1.jpg[/img:93c766bfa4]

Writer: Scott Lobdell
Artist: Clayton Henry
Story: "DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE" PART 4 OF 4)

OVERVIEW:
[img=left:93c766bfa4]http://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/af3_12_review_2.jpg[/img:93c766bfa4]Having found herself under attack by an anti-super hero militant group at the end of last issue, we catch up with Nemesis, having defeated the lot of them. Tired, and beat up, she returns to the Plodex ship the team has been using as a base. In the corner, Walter Langkowski is lost in thought and confusion, while still in mid-Sasquatch form. Nemesis decides to find out what the latest alteration in the time-line has done. Turning on the TV, she learns that after the incident in New York, Alpha Flight and Omega Flight came back to Canada as one team. Over time this united force split, raging a destructive war over Canada. It was then that the militant group called "The Militia For A Super-Hero-Free Canada started, and it was they whom Nemesis battled. Seeing no other choice, Nemesis runs her sword through herself, to go back in time.

In "place between times" Nemesis come upon herself in the past. A large house is on fire in the distance, and her past self is lying in an open, shallow grave. Nemesis comforts her past self for a moments before reaching her desired pace in time. Now in the past, she comes upon Guardian trying to prevent his power-pack from exploding. She finds Heather coming along, just at the time where she would have found Mac, and delayed him in stopping the power pack's explosion. In Nemesis' twisted way, she keeps Heather from distracting Mac, by killing her.

[img=right:93c766bfa4]http://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/af3_12_review_3.jpg[/img:93c766bfa4]Returning to the present, Sasquatch finds himself caught in an explosion. As he shakes it off he finds Nemesis' sword lying the rubble, and realizes she had done something. Just then Aurora, appears, wearing her old yellow costume. She speaks to him in a very strong french accent, telling him that the others are waiting for him. Aurora flies Sasquatch to Ottawa, and the Parliament building. There he sees a statue of Guardian on the lawn. Entering the building he finds Mac, who since Heather's death in New York, has become a tyrant with aspirations of ruling the world. It is then that Wild Child enters carrying Nemesis by the hair. She admits that she told Mac everything, and he blames her and all her associates, including Walter, for the death of Heather. As Diamond Lil and box seize Sasquatch, the wall explodes. Standing in the debris are the other members of the All New, All Different Alpha Flight. All having aged somewhat, in the years they were caught in the past, they go to work against Mac's assembled force. Walter pulls Nemesis' sword from a concealed place in his fur, and runs himself through. Arriving just at the point where Alpha Flight had found Yukon Jack after fighting Omega Flight, Sasquatch gains the attention of Shaman. After Shaman uses a spell to stop the battle with Yukon Jack, Sasquatch explains to him the errors he has made, and how the time-line has been damaged. Walter convinces Shaman to use a spell to fix the time-line. Reaching into his medicine pouch Shaman draws out a series of golden coins with the faces of all the original Alpha Flight members on them. He blows on them, and they turn to dust, just as everyone except Sasquatch and Yukon Jack vanish. Suddenly they are both sucked into the medicine pouch, which lay on the ground.

[img=left:93c766bfa4]http://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/af3_12_review_6.jpg[/img:93c766bfa4]The time is now just after the battle with Big Hero 6, and the All New, All different Alpha Flight would seem to have no memory of their time travel. This time when Gardner Monroe approaches Sasquatch, it is not to beg for help, but to present him with Shaman's medicine pouch. He said he was doing it there and then, just has Sasquatch had asked him to do many years ago. Once back in their Plodex headquarters, Walter tips over the pouch, and out falls the coins Shaman had produced. As the coins fall from the pouch, they transform into their respective member of Alpha Flight. They are the members from the past, transported into the present. Enjoying a nice arctic Bar-B-Q, both incarnation of Alpha Flight attempt to understand what has transpired. Both Nemesis and Shaman have memory of the events, as they are both being of magic. Shaman tries to convince Nemesis that she should confess her identity to Centennial, and there is an odd interaction where they speak of the story as if it were in a comic book, and wish for a mini series, or one shot to deal with that issue...As many times before, Puck asks the question "What are we going to do with thirteen members of Alpha Flight"?

In story-book style we learn supposedly what the future hold for Alpha Flight. The original members of Alpha Flight would be to return to active duty. Narya and Yukon Jack would be wed, and together rule his country. Major Mapleleaf and Zuzha Yu were to start a family, and continue on as super heroes. Mar, he is to spend time under the sea with Namor,. After many years of being apart, Centennial and Nemesis would die together. Thunder would form a league of "Super-Pets", and Walter would carry on his tradition of using himself as a ginny-pig for his experiments.

REVIEW:

[img=right:93c766bfa4]http://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/af3_12_review_4.jpg[/img:93c766bfa4]Hmmm, where to start. The fundamentals of this book were great. As was expected, it does indeed seem like Scott Lobdell had to rush through the story wrap up, in order to wrap up the series as well. This really is too bad, as I think it really did make the story arc suffer in the end. I loved this arc, and the twists and turns the alterations in the time line created. When Nemesis was forced to "Kill Herself", it was a neat glimpse into her past to what was most likely the event that triggered her becoming Nemesis. This alteration in time was my favorite, with Aurora back in her yellow costume, and Guardian having lost his control, and becoming very "Von-Doom". I also LOVED the appearance of the time-lost members of the team, with Yuke having an eye patch, and Mapleleaf with the beard, and toting the big guns.

It was at this point that the story began to turn for me a bit, as Lobdell began to wrap the book up. The way Shaman "fixed" the time-line was really forced to me, and I fail to see the logic of how pulling the past members of Alpha Flight into the present would do anything but mess time up more. To me this would all be fixed up quite nicely by having the original Alpha Flight, of this time-line return from space, and return their past versions to when they belong. Since they ARE the past versions of the current time's Alpha Flight, every thing they do, the "now" Alpha Flight would "remember"...if that makes any sense! Therefor, as soon as the past versions came to present time, the present versions would "remember" having done this. Great excuse to drop the Plodex off and come home, sending the past version to the moment the vanished, restore all time to how it was before the All New, All Different alpha Flight tried to make changes.

I did not like the discussion between Nemesis and Shaman, implying that this story was indeed a comic book, I really hate when that kind of thing happens in comics. I was also not fond of much of the story-book look at what is/may be to come for the members.

Clayton Henry's art was stellar as usual. I will really miss pouring over his images every month, getting excited with how many grat gallery pics he gives me for AlphaFlight.net every month.

[img=left:93c766bfa4]http://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/af3_12_review_5.jpg[/img:93c766bfa4]I really think that how this series was tied up was not done well, at least not done to my liking. I have been an advocate of this series from the get-go, and have quite enjoyed it. To me, this series was not Alpha Flight, it was The All New, All Different Alpha Flight, and I was quite willing to take pleasure in the unorthodox approaches and writing of Scott Lobdell. That being said, I did not want this to interfere with the already established characters in any significant way. I've been a fan of them for too long to see their history blatantly tossed away, the way seeing the past versions zipped into the present has left me feeling. No, I was not always a fan of some of the things done to the characters over the years, but it's is done, it is written, and can't be unwritten in my opinion. If you are looking for a version of Alpha Flight that was just as Byrne had left them, go and read those 26 issues over and over, or write an Ultimate Alpha Flight picking up at that point in time. I do think this ending has to be fixed, but not in such a way that throws away everything else that has happened in this series, to me it is now part of the history of Alpha Flight, just as are all the events that transpired in the first two volumes. This series was great, this story arc was awesome, and this issue was really good, but the ending of all three left a bad taste in my mouth. The only consolation for me in this, is that it would be very easy to "fix".

The letters page was nice to see, and I was frankly surprised that Marvel printed some shots at them about lack of promotion for the series. Though their editorial comment at the end says they did their best to make the book work, was a load of Sasquatch dung. They did say some encouraging things for the fans of AF about members appearing in other books, from New X-Men, to Weapon X, to Wolverine. I also liked how they said that some day they would like to give the fans a series we all deserve.

[img]http://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/redleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/redleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/redleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/redleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/redleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/redleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/greyleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/greyleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/greyleaf.jpghttp://www.alphaflight.net/reviews/greyleaf.jpg

varo
02-10-2005, 06:58 PM
great review as always ben. not sure what i'm going to miss more, alpha or your reviews.

no matter how you slice it it's a sad day because another series is over. this is pretty much 3 strikes. not sure if we are going to get a 4th shot. really disapointed in this series, though i really enjoyed the light hearted nature of this series, this team has to much of a history to try and toy with it as a comedy series. that would probally be better served on a brand new characters.

seems like from what i read from clayton that scott went off on his own ad-lib direction most of the series. even if the series would have continued we would have lost clayton which would have really stunk. they should have just let a new creative team take a shot then canning it all together. *sigh* it was a nice touch that the last remark was marvel giving us a alpha series we all deserve. i'm crossing my fingers.

beetleblack
02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Read the final issue this morning. I was just left feeling VERY confused and pretty hacked off by the whole thing. I'm guessing that it originally wasn't meant to end like that, but surely it could have been wrapped up better than this????

Ben
02-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Read the final issue this morning. I was just left feeling VERY confused and pretty hacked off by the whole thing. I'm guessing that it originally wasn't meant to end like that, but surely it could have been wrapped up better than this????

no doubt things were changed in the end to wrap things up, I am curious just how much...

BTW, welcome back BB! :D

Ben

beetleblack
02-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome back - nice to be back ;) I kind of felt after reading the final issue that I should come on and see what others thought of it, especially as it kinda made me quite depressed.

I too would be interested to know how the story arc would have originally ended and what would have come next if the series had continued.

I do seem to remember when the series first started that Lobdell said something about bringing the original AF in an odd way or something - wonder if this is what he meant? He certainly mentioned something about we would be seeing the twins again but in a different sort of way or something... I think...

kozzi24
02-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Ben wrote
...the ending of all three left a bad taste in my mouth. The only consolation for me in this, is that it would be very easy to "fix".
Shame on Scott Lobdell for putting in anything that needed to be fixed, particularly in the last issue.

Northcott
02-11-2005, 03:29 PM
They did say some encouraging things for the fans of AF about members appearing in other books, from New X-Men, to Weapon X, to Wolverine.

Well, we've seen how that went. Ah well.

Monkeying with the timeline is a headache. It's one of those things that, unless closure is included, will just make a more complex continuity. The tale needs to end.

On the flipside, it leaves a HUGE out for anyone who wants to use the team in the future, so in this case I'm oddly cool with it and very glad that he did it. Question is; if you remove a person's past, what happens to the person? What if the current AF were to just quietly fade from existence, or "meld" with the originals? What if the coin-spawned Alpha are the originals, and the current ones just duplicates created by Shaman? Decoys that have been running around for years.

Those are a few of the potential directions that could be taken. Chances are the reverse will be held true and the reborn Alpha will be proclaimed as the copies to eventually fade from being. :P

varo
02-12-2005, 09:49 AM
well at least northstar can still be alive.

Canucklehead
02-12-2005, 10:06 AM
How is bringing copies of Alpha Flight from V1 issue 12 suposed to be a good thing? They are basically just adding another asterix to a team with about 10 asterixes already beside their name. Is this the new type of "Ultimizing"? Bring back characters from a time period of when they were popular to make them seem cool, to replace the old version with, you know, a history? Didn't marvel try this with another character they tried to replace 10 years ago? A character that spins webs. This has clone saga written all over it.

Dave

kozzi24
02-12-2005, 11:15 AM
The clone saga was read by Spider-Man fans, and pretty much everyone working in the industry, went on for more than a year, across 4+ titles.
This "glitch" was in one isuue-the last--of an under-read series. I think it will probably be ignored, especially as Heather is not among them.

Ben
02-12-2005, 11:22 AM
This "glitch" was in one isuue-the last--of an under-read series. I think it will probably be ignored, especially as Heather is not among them.

acrually, Heather is amongh them. She isn't shown as a member of the team inthe final splash page, but she is on the coins, and is one of the people dumped out of the pouch.

Ben

kozzi24
02-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I missed that. Still entirely ruins some work (much of it good) that has been done with the character in the last twenty years.

To stretch things kind of tongue in cheek...looke at Mary Jane Watson-Parker...she got married, then got knocked up. The baby was taken away, and Mary Jane was banished from the pages of Spider-Man for a few years. Heather was married, had a baby, then got sent off to space with the baby. I think Marvel has a corporate prejudice against motherhood.

HappyCanuck
02-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Heather was married, had a baby, then got sent off to space with the baby.

... Actually, there wsa no meantion of the baby when Heather and Mac went into space (that I remember)... what, did they leave them with her parents?

"Hey, mom, can you babysit for a while?... oh, um, how long...?... um, about a year, maybe more... Mom, quit yelling, I can hear you just fine. See, mac and I have to go into space to help out a dying race of barbarian, invading aliens make themselves into a society again... so, um, will you?? Please?... No? okay then... um, can I speak to Daddy please...??"

Ben
02-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Heather was married, had a baby, then got sent off to space with the baby.

... Actually, there wsa no meantion of the baby when Heather and Mac went into space (that I remember)... what, did they leave them with her parents?

"Hey, mom, can you babysit for a while?... oh, um, how long...?... um, about a year, maybe more... Mom, quit yelling, I can hear you just fine. See, mac and I have to go into space to help out a dying race of barbarian, invading aliens make themselves into a society again... so, um, will you?? Please?... No? okay then... um, can I speak to Daddy please...??"

from ANADAF #6: "That--and we'll ned to bring our own child with us, Mac."

Ben

HappyCanuck
02-12-2005, 11:51 AM
ah that's what I get for not checking first. oh well, I didn't want to get up anyways... thanks for saving me the hassle ben! :D

kozzi24
02-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Ben wrote:
acrually, Heather is amongh them. She isn't shown as a member of the team inthe final splash page, but she is on the coins, and is one of the people dumped out of the pouch.

Ben, I relooked to see why I missed that, and ASSUME it is because I gave a quick look and count of the coins and didn't look at them closely. Now that I have, my head's really spinning about the time paradox. Sasquatch who went back in time to New York was returned through time, supposedly. But the Sasquatch of #12 was not returned among the coins.
Did Sasquatch return from New York alone and never look for his comrades?
Are there two Sasquatch's running around, both Walter Langkowski, but one who never had his heart ripped out by Snowbird?
If the Alpha except for Sas went from the end of V1#12 to the end of V3#12, who was the director in Weapon X involved with?
Who was that who worked with the Avengers and the Russian heroes circa Avengers #321-324?
Man, I thought the ending created problems BEFORE I thought too much about it!!!!

Ben
02-12-2005, 04:37 PM
heh, easiest way to look at it Jeff, is that after however long they stay in this time, they are eventually returned to the moment they left, in the time-line unaltered by ANADAF having no memory of their time spent in the future.

The funny thing, is that if they had succeeded in stopping Mac from getting "killed", then there would have been no champion for the Qurrln race agains Galactus, they they'd be digested by now. Worth the death of a race to save Flasback? It would have been much easier if they, rather than stopping mac from going to NY, they should have gone to edmonton, and told Jeffries to be careful about Courtney tossing Flashback in the way of his car-bot.

Ben

Ahab
02-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Talk about being torn on whether I liked this series or not... On one hand, I liked some of the things that Lobdell did, such as creating a daughter for Puck, acknowledging the whereabouts of one of Marrina's offspring (which the last scene of Mar seemed to confirm), confirming that Flashback was still alive, showing Sasquatch as a leader and building on Nemesis' history. I even liked all of the new characters. But then, he really seemed to drop the ball. Continuity was a mess, for someone who claimed to be an Alpha Flight fan. And I still haven't figured out why even if Lobdell made writing mistakes, the editor, also a proclaimed Alpha fan, didn't catch them. The stories were ripe with opportunities, but Scott didn't take advantage of them - in fact, everything seemed rushed and not well thought-out. In the end, we now have a convoluted continuity mess that doesn't make much sense. If all of the original Alphans disappeared in New York, why weren't there 2 Sasquatchs at the end? Why wouldn't the original Alphans being brought into the future have yet another impact on the current timeline? It is a mess. I was disappointed. And then I see that my letter, surprisingly, has been printed in the letter's page. It's too bad that they had nothing more to say than hopefully some day we will get an Alpha Flight that we want. With what Marvel is letting happen to the Alphans in other titles, as well as the end of this one, it's somewhat ironic. I'm convinced we are never going to see the Alpha that we want. It's enough to convince me to stop reading comics. What a shame.

*EDIT* I took so long to post this after writing most of it that I see some of you have made the same comments about continuity - glad that it bugged others on this forum too. As for considering that Alpha eventually went back to their original timeline, the problem is, Lobdell wrote their eventual futures, which creates even more of a continuity problem. I guess as a fan of Alpha, I am tired of trying to come up with rationalizations for poor story-telling and continuity errors. I'm 99.9% ready to stop reading anything about Alpha because it's only getting worse and worse.

jay042
02-12-2005, 09:49 PM
The biggest problem is that Scott just dropped the ball on this story. Time travel is very hard to write, and he failed to get all his ducks in a row when he organized this story. It reads like some badly written stream of conciousness comic from Vertigo.

Northcott
02-12-2005, 09:53 PM
I've come to believe that, as a rule of thumb, clones and time travel should be avoided as plot devices. If you have a plot idea that centres around either concept, drink yourself into a stupor and then think about the plot once again whilst violently hung-over. If the plot doesn't require much effort to comprehend, has a tangible, concrete ending, and doesn't make you vomit, then it might be okay.

Otherwise flush and start again.

cmdrkoenig67
02-12-2005, 11:25 PM
LOL! I'm getting a few laughs tonight from the board....Yay!

Dana

Northcott
02-13-2005, 02:53 AM
It's only funny 'cause I'm mostly serious. :)

kozzi24
02-13-2005, 10:55 AM
heh, It would have been much easier if they, rather than stopping mac from going to NY, they should have gone to edmonton, and told Jeffries to be careful about Courtney tossing Flashback in the way of his car-bot.

That's what I envisioned him doing when the story arc was first advertised, Alpha interceding on the fight in Edmonton to make sure Flashback didn't die.

Easiest fix on the continuity glitch is an alternate world was created with each member of ANADAF travelled back, with a nexus point around the ANADAFHQ.

You could say there was a bounceback effect, that the originals were returned in some way of nature correcting itself. Or more likely, that Yime Variance Corp that was seen (I think) in FF during Simonson's run just came in and nullified the entire time travel story.

I would almost offer a seamless explanation that the time-thrust originals were put back where they belonged when Shaman transported them from their meeting site and brawl in V1#12, but this wouldn't work as a fix for Mac and Heather.

If the originals were never returned, what about all the stories that happened since V1#12...who have we been reading about and how did they get there?

Scarlettspiderg
02-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Heres how I see it:

ANAD Alpha Flight (in the 616) decide to help Flashback by timetravelling.

As soon as one of them travels back they hit a different timeline (617, 618 etc) and the differences they create alter that time line. ANAD AF then moves into that timelines future (maybe Nemesis is an time anchor?).

Each time Nemesis sent someone back they went to an alternative past and created that pasts future.

When Sasquatch pulled the original AF from the past to the present, he pulled an alternative past AF to the 616 present OR pulled the altenative AF and the ANAD AF to an alternative present.

Wait that sounds confusing. Lets all just agree that time travel is hard.

cmdrkoenig67
02-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm guessing that when the outer space-travelling Alpha returns....the past Alpha will vanish back to their original places in time(with no memory of any future event), Mac will "die" again, as will Sasquatch, Snowbird...Puck will be freed of that stupid demon, etc, etc....see...easy fix...LOL.

Dana

Northcott
02-13-2005, 02:56 PM
If the originals were never returned, what about all the stories that happened since V1#12...who have we been reading about and how did they get there?

My personal preference: The same people. At the moment of crisis, Shaman does what Marvel Universe magi do best -- ignore all rational principles. Neither set are doppelgangers, but rather each set are the genuine article.

Much like a powerful memory can form a turning point in our lives, it could be that the past versions have reappeared to rejuvenate their counterparts.

Or on the flipside, what if the current AF are the "memories" (or perhaps dreams)? Shaman transported the real deal to this strange future via coins (often symbols of luck and shifting fortune), leaving "memories" to slog through the future. It would go a long way toward explaining the various continuity glitches and bizarre plot lines we've seen over time: Puck's shifting origins, Mac's Jack-in-the-Box routine with mortality, Heather willing to kill a teammate, bizarre changes in powers, etc.

Just as our memories express who we really are, formin the core of us, so neither version of Alpha is fake. Both are genuine. Just as we cannot exist apart from our memories, the two teams do not remain seperate. The exception is, of course, poor JP. But then on the other hand, he may be better off returning to his "default" state and not ever remembering that he was an elf.

On the flipside, it opens the Tanaraq storyline back up. :D

Mokole
02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I figure this: The coin AF go back to the time they were brought forward, with no memories. AF in space takes 5-10 years to come back so now that ANADAF has broken up it's left to the husband/wife team of Zuzha and Lou to take over and defend Canada, which they do with aplomb somehow.

Or it will all be ignored (except maybe who the characters are) in v4; after all if people use the AF from the bag then Northstar was never killed by Wolverine, Snowbird (and son?) never died, Mac Hudson only died once or so, and Heather is dead. Plus Aurora has only 2 personalities....

Continuity can't be fixed anyway. Best just to go with v4 having AF back in current context and never any mention of ANADAF, the Plodex, Plodex tech, since none of it ever appeared in any other comic book, including ADS!

Thus, unless you want to use the characters (like Lou or Zuzha) or some of the underpinnings (Scell, Amelia Weatherwhatever, I don't have #12 yet), ANADAF will be totally extinct. Far and away the most likely outcome, we'll never see these characters again.

HappyCanuck
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Okay, everyone repeat after me: I HATE TIME TRAVEL!!

kozzi24
02-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Time travels stories can be wonderful...if they're done right. This one wasn't.

look at time travel this way, probably definitely open for expansion:
If someone goes back in time, they cannot change the event that sent them back, because if they did that, then they would have left no motivation to travel back to begin with. They can travel back, they can influence events and change details, but they can't have eliminated their own motive for the travel.

If someone travels back in time from May, 2005 to May, 1984, then today--Februaty, 2005--that person has ALREADY BENN in 1984...everything they did on their backwards travel already happened in 1984, even if they have not departed yet. 1984 came and went and the time traveler was there. There's no changing what we know, because 1984 had passed with all the time travelers who entered it there, even if they have not left yet.

Byrne did a good time travel take in FF circa 290, with the FF and Fury...actually implied that Hitler's belief in poltergeists and other unexplained phenomena was a side effect of so many people trying to go back in time to kill him.

I don't have a problem with Lobdel doing a time travel story, but I don't think he workled it out or executed it well, and his intentional wrench in Alpha's already convoluted history is unforgivable.

Somebody
02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
It's a duplicate AF from an alternate timeline. Don't worry about the history - all that's changed is the end of ANADAF #8 and a little bit of Flashback's memory. Yes, Snowbird still ripped Tanaraq's heart out, etc, etc

PWalk
02-15-2005, 09:49 AM
It's a duplicate AF from an alternate timeline. Don't worry about the history - all that's changed is the end of ANADAF #8 and a little bit of Flashback's memory. Yes, Snowbird still ripped Tanaraq's heart out, etc, etc

Now that's an interesting post/ idea. Alternate timelines rock!

Ben
02-15-2005, 09:56 AM

Now that's an interesting post/ idea. Alternate timelines rock!

Maybe ALL of ANADAF was an alternate time line...:shock: After all, they didn't interact with the rest of the Marvel U in any way...not even any mentions in other books...

Ben

PWalk
02-15-2005, 10:06 AM
So if the ANADAF was from an alternative timeline then we could write the whole of volume 3 off completely. No messy endings, no original Alphans playing intergalactic nanny's, and no super horses.

Problem solved. Sh*t that was easy.

Northcott
02-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Or Shaman's spell "split" the originals so that they could be preserved, just in case things went to hell as Walt was predicting. The end result being that both versions are the true, real Alpha... but somewhat less than they would be if "together".

As a result we have all the continuity errors and terribly out-of-character behaviour of the major players over the last X number of years, along with a simple resolution for the time-travel shtick. When the versions merge, they achieve a "default" state that restores them to the competent, capable, iconic heroes we all know and love without invalidating any of the strangeness or pathetic displays of ineptitude that have plagued them over the years.