PDA

View Full Version : Green Lantern Returns!

Richv1
02-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Green Lanertern: Rebirth # 4 has a menacing atmosphere as Sinestro is on the attack. So is Parallax. These two are evil furled by fear.
Poor Green Arrow charges Hal's ring. But he just doesn't have the will power to do much with it. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a GL.
The art is unparallelled the colors jump out at you. The action is intense. It really heats up when over a dozen heroes attack Parallax. The poses are dramatic.
This issue has it all. The Spectre and the Yellow demon of Fear are separated from Hal's soul. Hal's soul takes possession of his body and his ring. This is a great moment Hal has his ring back. The Greatest Green Lantern of them all is back! The excitement and the thrill will have you on the edge of your seat. This is the moment you have been waiting for. Hes back!

Northcott
02-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Heretic! You didn't put Alan Scott in your poll. ;)

Northstars Love
02-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Hal Jordan will always be THE Green Lantern! :D

HappyCanuck
02-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Heretic! You didn't put Alan Scott in your poll. ;)

I agree with Ed. But Hal's a close second (although I didn't mind Kyle in his earlier appearances (upto and including the arcs around DC 1 Million)

Northcott
02-21-2005, 02:07 PM
I agree with Ed. But Hal's a close second (although I didn't mind Kyle in his earlier appearances (upto and including the arcs around DC 1 Million)

If you haven't read it yet, I can't strongly enough recommend Robinson and Smith's "The Golden Age". Freakin' brilliant spin on the revised DC GA. If there are 10 shades of cool in the universe, Alan Scott manages to hit at least nine of 'em in there. :)

"I'm married to this power by a ring of green. I want a divorce."

Scarlettspiderg
02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Guy Gardner has always been the best Lantern for me, but thats because he was the Lantern during Legends and the was in the only lantern in the Justice League when I first started reading.

My 2nd fav is Kyle, mainly due to the creations he makes with the ring.

Richv1
02-22-2005, 12:23 AM
I tried to put Alan Scott but the poll only aloud me to put 4 choices. And since his power ring is somewhat different as is his origin. I just put the top four known GL's that got their power rings from the Guardians.
Alan Scott for me though is number two for Green Lanterns. Hes a very close second to Hal.
Guy when I first saw him was a joke. Captain Marvel had to always try top reign him in in the Justice League.
I found it hard to believe how well this comic has being selling. Three printings on # 1 all sold out. I had preordered it and I couldn't get a copy. Except to go on e-bay. #2 was sold out as well not even preorders here were filled. # 3 and # 4 finally there was enough so I didn't have to go to e-bay. My store was able to get a copy of them for me. I'm looking forward to the regular monthly series this summer. I just hope DC makes enough copies.

HappyCanuck
02-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Hmm, it only let you have 4 options for the poll? I just did a mock-test, and I had up to ten before I got bored...

Ben
02-22-2005, 12:53 AM
I tried to put Alan Scott but the poll only aloud me to put 4 choices. And since his power ring is somewhat different as is his origin. I just put the top four known GL's that got their power rings from the Guardians.

No reason that should be the case, I have it set to maximum of 10 poll options. Should anyone want more, I can bump it up. I'll add Alan Scott to this poll for you.

Ben

HappyCanuck
02-22-2005, 12:56 AM
awww! but I already cast my vote! Dammit...

Northcott
02-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Woo-hoo! I cast my vote for Alan! It takes a manly man to run around in a costume that fugly.

HappyCanuck
02-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Woo-hoo! I cast my vote for Alan! It takes a manly man to run around in a costume that fugly.

:.*grumblegrumble8*luckysob*grumblegrumble*.... :.

Northcott
02-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Not luck, my friend! Raw stubborness. Out of the ordinary ornery. :) I held my vote 'cause I didn't see my candidate.

I will rework Alpha. Oh yes, I will! ;)

Richv1
02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't know why it wouldn't add more. I tried a few times than gave up. Maybe I just tried it at the wrong time.
Wel I'd still vote for Hal anyway. Alen was the first but not the best. I have a fondness for some of these oldtimers. The original JSA now that was a team. They didn't need Batman or Superman to get people to read the stories.

Northcott
02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Though they did have Batman and Superman as "honourary members" ;)

Richv1
02-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes they were honourary but they were hardly ever in the comic. Green Lantern, Starman, Dr. Fate, Wildcat, Atom, Wonder Woman were the main charactes as well as Sandman and Dr. Midnight.

varo
02-22-2005, 08:47 PM
ross's gl in kingdom come (alan) was the greatest visual i have ever seen of a gl.

then again all of alex ross's visuals are kind of mind blowing.

Northcott
02-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Yes they were honourary but they were hardly ever in the comic. Green Lantern, Starman, Dr. Fate, Wildcat, Atom, Wonder Woman were the main charactes as well as Sandman and Dr. Midnight.

Though the buggers made Wonder Woman their secretary... their freakin' secretary! She could've whipped half of them, and done so while blindfolded, and they made her the secretary.

Really shows how times have changed. :)

Richv1
02-23-2005, 05:27 PM
I think she was the secretary because of the time the comic was made and how women in general were looked at at that time. And yes she was there strongest full time member.