PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine #26 Spoilers

Legerd
03-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Spoiler Alert!

I just finished Wolverine #26 and guess who's back? Yup, Northstar leading an army of ressurected super folks hellbent on destroying SHIELD.

How did the Hand get their grubby mitts on him? Well, he almost had his head sawed off by a doctor (to prevent him from being brought back) only to be 'saved' by Iceman, Polaris and Dani Moonstar who wished to say their last goodbyes. They do talk about trying to contact JP's family but give no mention of Aurora or AF. :x It's then that Elektra and some ninjas teleport in, grab his body and take off before the aforementioned X-men can lift a finger to stop them.
The next we see him, Northstar is flying towards a SHIELD helicarrier along side Elektra and closely followed by roughly four dozen super powered people each carrying various bits of equipment. Whether these are weapons or are tech meant for some other purpose isn't revealed.

Ben
03-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Yup, saw the advanced issue last week. Didn't buy my coppy yet, but not a huge shock that Millar was planning something from a rathar anti-clamactic death.

Ben

PWalk
03-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Well then this changes everything. Now he's a super fast ninja wannabe controlled by the Hand right?
:roll:

Legerd
03-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Pretty much. :( Still, this means there's a chance to save him. :D

cmdrkoenig67
03-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Wait a minute....they were going to saw his head off(WHAT????) to prevent him from coming back????? He's not a vampire now...is he? What is going on?

Dana :?

KittyKaPow
03-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Wait a minute....they were going to saw his head off(WHAT????) to prevent him from coming back????? He's not a vampire now...is he? What is going on?

Well, they were going to do it so the Hand wouldn't be able to resurrect him. In an earlier issue, Elektra decapitated Hornet's dead body so the Hand wouldn't be able to resurrect him. Poor Hornet :cry:

It's part of a plot I had no interest in whatsoever until Northstar got killed.

seroquel
03-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Undead zombie ninjas! Whooo! High art!

Seriously, at least there is something happening to Limbo boy Northstar.

This is the first I have ever read of Millar's work, and I must admit I am kind of underwhelmed. This is like the sort of stuff I made up when I was bored in Calc. Or is that just me?

John Romita's art work on this series is pretty smoking though.

maniac mike
03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Here's the cover from Wolverine #28 shown at Wizard World L.A.

http://comicscontinuum.com/stories/0503/19/wolverine28.htm

MM :wink:

Ben
03-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Here's the cover from Wolverine #28 shown at Wizard World L.A.

http://comicscontinuum.com/stories/0503/19/wolverine28.htm

MM :wink:

Nice, thanks Mike.

Ben

DarkSnowbird
03-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Northstar looks d*mn good.

Legerd
03-24-2005, 06:25 PM
I wish they would settle on one hair colour for him though. Silver, white, black and now brown.

syvalois
03-24-2005, 06:56 PM
good point for the hair. Well, it's easy black with white shadow.

Plus, I don't like that cover. don't really know why. I guess, it got to do with everyone looking so static, looks more like a patchwork. And Northstar is difformed, look at the right side, is torso is very strange. Never seen anyone built like that. Plus the Brown hair of course...

I think I'm in my SPM or PMS choose which one is in english! :-({|= :evil:

varo
03-24-2005, 07:34 PM
wasn't it blonde on the machine man cover from way back when?

rplass
03-24-2005, 08:51 PM
YES! It was blonde. That's always really been stuck in my craw! Also, on the cover of Marvel Two-In-One #84 (Feb 1982), both Northstar and Aurora are shown with silver/white hair.

Love,
rplass