PDA

View Full Version : Second Flight????

Barnacle13
03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Ben,
Any chance of getting around to adding the Second Flight stories I sent you to the Fanfic section. I know you've been busy with house building and it looks like now a major overhaul of the site, but I'd still like to see those stories back out there. If you need me to resend, let me know.

Tom

birdygirl
03-29-2005, 11:29 AM
I second a vote for seeing Second Flight again. :D I miss the old stories; (whatever became of them)? I may have the printout I made of "Second Birth, Second Flight" around somewhere, and may even be able to resend it to you. I hate to think of the Second Flight stories being lost forever -- they were all great!

Ben
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I'll tell you what, the first thing I do once everything is all back up and running 100% will be 2nd Flight. Still won't be right away, but soon enough ;)

Ben

HappyCanuck
03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
as in, a site dedicated to the old Second Flight series on your whatchamacallit? (I've been awake since a quarter past creation, forgive me if I make so sence). Would be cool to have the old series back up. I believe Seng has a few rogue chapters still lounging around. Who know, maybe when they are up again for the first time this millennium, those of us from the old days - and anyone new who cares to add their dime - could get 2F back on track...

Yes, I'm kinda sentimental to the old 2F site: it is, after all, how I got intro'd to Alpha Waves six years ago, and how I became such a devout (sp - as I said, I've been up forever) Al-Fan.

Barnacle13
03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
I have many of the stories. I can resend them to Ben if needed, I know there are some gaps. I also have some art. Not sure who's it is. Let me know if you need it, Ben.

Ben
03-29-2005, 04:26 PM
I have many of the stories. I can resend them to Ben if needed, I know there are some gaps. I also have some art. Not sure who's it is. Let me know if you need it, Ben.

Not really sure, I've got the stuff you sent me stashed somewhere. When the time comes I'll sort through it and see what all I have

Ben

Ben
04-11-2005, 02:46 AM
ok, so when I get to this (soon hopefully) what would you 2nd flighters like to see? Do you just want the stuff put up in the AF.net fanfic section, or would you like to see a special 2nd flight mini-site? I can easily do a sub-domain of http://2ndflight.alphaflight.net or some such thing. Now, if I got this going, would there be people interested in writing a 2nd Flight Volume 2? It could be written forum based if you want, I can make a separate section here and appoint a moderator to handle it (if somone steps up). Or you can all just do it how you did before...or not at all for that matter ;) Anyway, just bouncin' ideas so I can figure out just what's gonna be done.

Ben

HappyCanuck
04-11-2005, 01:32 PM
ok, so when I get to this (soon hopefully) what would you 2nd flighters like to see? Do you just want the stuff put up in the AF.net fanfic section, or would you like to see a special 2nd flight mini-site? I can easily do a sub-domain of http://2ndflight.alphaflight.net or some such thing. Now, if I got this going, would there be people interested in writing a 2nd Flight Volume 2? It could be written forum based if you want, I can make a separate section here and appoint a moderator to handle it (if somone steps up). Or you can all just do it how you did before...or not at all for that matter ;) Anyway, just bouncin' ideas so I can figure out just what's gonna be done.

Ben

Well, and this is just me talking here, I'd like to see Second Flight given it's own domain, since it's not really 'fanfic' in the strictest sence. As for 2Fv.2, I can't make any distinct promises (since I'm out of practice, what with it being nearly eight years since the last time I even thought of the old 2F crowd), but I think I'd like a stab at it sometime. Also - again, just my preferance - the old round robin worked very well in my eyes, but a 2F forum index - to replace the old mailing list - would be very useful to allow us to keep in contact before anything becomes finalised.

Ben
04-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Ok, so thanks to Barnacle13 I have the following stuff:

Chapters:
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 12

Solo Stories:
A Rough Road Ahead (Bellfrey) - By Greg Kellogg
Solstice - By Munson Nakadomari
Province - Author Unknown
'Playing Hero' (GV2) - by Seng Mah
GV2 pt.2 - Author Unknown
Passing Time - The Origin of Flex - By Steven Lewis
Coming Of Age (Wildheart) - Author Unknown

Betrayal - Allan Crocker
Tilting The Scales - Allan Crocker
Brothers In Arms - Allan Crocker

So I knw I'm missing lots of art, and a number of chapters. Not sure what all else is out there. Gonna ask Seng what he has next time I see him online, in theory he should still have everything. But if anyone has anything else for me, send it over to ben@alphaflight.net

Ben

syvalois
04-12-2005, 01:09 AM
I still have waht I done for 2nd Flight. A solo story in french, I should still have it in english and 2 drawings made for Allan Story which I tried to help a little.

HappyCanuck
04-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I still have waht I done for 2nd Flight. A solo story in french, I should still have it in english and 2 drawings made for Allan Story which I tried to help a little.

'Help a little' she says. If it wasn't for Sylvie's imput, I'd never have gotten it done!

mos_def
04-13-2005, 12:15 AM
second flight must be some story arc if everyone wants to read it again

Ben
04-13-2005, 03:57 AM
Well, remember when marvel did MC2? that was just when AF was first axed, so fans united to do an AF MC2, which was 2nd Flight. Had quite a popular following at the time, and some great stories and art. Should be alive again before long if I can get some more material together. This all happened around the time when I first moved away from home, and didn't have internet for a while....just had a crazy girlfriend instead, so I missed the boat on it....but I'm gonna make sure it lives again :D

Ben

puffdoggydaddy
04-13-2005, 11:18 AM
This all happened around the time when I first moved away from home, and didn't have internet for a while....just had a crazy girlfriend instead

Ben

Jeeez, I wish I didn't understand what you were talking about there.

In response to one of my ex-wife's rants one time, I ended up doing a mega-cull on my comic collection. True most of the stuff that I got rid of was crap or drek, but I miss having those extra boxes. :cry:

I carry a lot of regret because of that. At least I bowed up when she tried to make me get rid of my dog.

Sigh...Did I mention that she is an ex-wife. :lol:

puff

HappyCanuck
04-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Jeeez, I wish I didn't understand what you were talking about there.

In response to one of my ex-wife's rants one time, I ended up doing a mega-cull on my comic collection. True most of the stuff that I got rid of was crap or drek, but I miss having those extra boxes. :cry:

I carry a lot of regret because of that. At least I bowed up when she tried to make me get rid of my dog.

Sigh...Did I mention that she is an ex-wife. :lol:

puff

:shock: Although I can't speak for you guys, but NO ONE comes between me and my comics. Prerequisite #1, first and formost: you have to either enjoy or at least tolerate comics, and be willing to accomodate a LOT of paper on the shelves. If they can't live with that, then bye-bye, there's the door, hasta lueno....

Barnacle13
04-15-2005, 04:22 PM
My wife certainly doesn't understand my fascination with comics, but now that I've polluted the minds of my three children with them she's lost the battle. In fact she almost supports my bad habit by giving me gift certificates to the comic shop for Father's Day.

An for the record, I authored the Province solo as well as the Tilting the Scales story.

Barnacle13
02-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Bump!!!

Ben, if you find the time, I'd still love to see this stuff back in ciruclation. I might even be able to dust off the old keyboard (and brain) and plunk out another chapter. I loved the round robin format. You got a lot of different points of view and some pretty exciting storytelling. I think folks would enjoy these stories. I'd like it linked here somehow. I wouldn't mind if it were jammed into the fanfic section here, or a minisite. I wouldn't make a very good mod, so I won't even pretend to take that on.

Anyway, I have bumped this topic back into circulation! That's a start!

Ben
02-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Some day, I swear! Lately I've not been spending much time at home, so haven't been able to do much of anything. It's also about having the energy to do web stuff. I'll be in the mood for weeks strait sometimes, and other times just not feel like it.

Ben

Barnacle13
02-16-2006, 10:21 AM
No pressure. I was bumping more than anything, so it doesn't leave the radar! I understand fully the pressures of life and finding your motivation to work on something. For me it's been honey-dos. For awhile I'll knock them out left and right and then for awhile I let the list expand. Just keep it on the radar.

DelBubs
08-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Just had a little down time at work so re-read through some of the second flight stuff. Good memories and some interesing conflabs if memory serves. If 2nd Flight ever got up and running again, I'd happily help to fill in gaps where required and take it forward to a new start off point.

Oh and 'Second Flight : Coming Of Age ' the Wildheart origin was me giving it my all :-) At some point I prolly argued with Alan about it :-), but there ya go.

syvalois
08-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh and 'Second Flight : Coming Of Age ' the Wildheart origin was me giving it my all :-) At some point I prolly argued with Alan about it :-), but there ya go.

Arguing with Allan? it's Impossible!!! I never do that when I work with him on a 2nd Flight story! :twisted:

HappyCanuck
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Ahhh, I missed the abuse! :P

DelBubs
08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
If this takes off again, you just know it's gonna happen. Deep down I think you appreciate it :-)

Barnacle13
08-07-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm game for a story or two! I've been wanting to finally get the Bellfrey and Barnacle special attack into a story! The Barnacle Bomb will be devastating, especially if Bellfrey builds up enough speed! I've been kicking around a couple ideas in the old noggin. Haven't put anything to paper yet. I'nm sure my writing is extremely rusty, since my last story was one of the Second Flighters! But I'm game if others are.

Tom