PDA

View Full Version : Daleks and Dr. Who

Richv1
04-19-2005, 11:42 PM
That is a nice Dalek. Are you watching the new Doctor Who series. It is fantastic. As good as Tom Baker's run. It is updated in its look. And Rose is beautiful. The producers took the best of the old and added some updated and ended up with a great new series.

Legerd
04-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Are you watching the new Doctor Who series. It is fantastic. As good as Tom Baker's run.

Oh yeah, it's been soooo long since it's been on I'm not missing a single episode. In fact I'm recording them to watch over and over. This series very much has the feel of the Tom Baker era which is my favourite, so this is a dream come true! :D

Richv1
04-20-2005, 12:10 AM
I am looking forward to seeing the updated Daleks. I hope they are not to different. They have 13 episodes filmed so far and 3 have been on here. I am hoping there are enough people watching so it will continue after the 13 episodes.
I am missing seeing the jelly babies but you never know he might have them in his pocket along side his trusty sonic screwdriver.
So are you entering the contest to win a trip to the set in Britain? That would be cool.

Legerd
04-20-2005, 01:32 AM
I am looking forward to seeing the updated Daleks.
I hope they are not to different.

I can't wait either. As far as updating the Daleks, you can't imporove on perfection. :)

They have 13 episodes filmed so far and 3 have been on here. I am hoping there are enough people watching so it will continue after the 13 episodes.

I wouldn't worry, there's been a huge, positive response to the new show.

So are you entering the contest to win a trip to the set in Britain? That would be cool.

Every week! :D What about you?

Richv1
04-20-2005, 02:55 PM
I read they are changing the top part of the Dalek's light. You can read the article at www.jazmaonline.com.com its in the TV section.

beetleblack
04-20-2005, 04:40 PM
The ratings have been so good that they have already commissioned a Christmas Special and a further 13 episodes to be filmed next year.

The Daleks apparently appear a few times, the first time we meet them they look pretty much like they did when last we saw them, but the second tim they look quite different.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

However, the current Doctor will NOT be back, they have already cast another one and he is quite young!

Legerd
04-20-2005, 07:05 PM
No spoiler there BB, it was announced even before the show aired here that Eccleston wouldn't be back for another season. Here's a link to the BBC article introducing the 10th Doctor:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/drwho/2005/04/18/18639.shtml

He looks sorta like a soccer hooligan, eh? :lol:

Richv1
04-20-2005, 08:37 PM
He looks ok. It is to bad the current one is going though. With Galifrey destroyed though how will he regenerate?
It is good that the series will continue and Rose is staying.

Legerd
04-21-2005, 12:24 AM
With Galifrey destroyed though how will he regenerate?

I think the regenerative ability is something every Time Lord has (had) and doesn't require the planet to occur. Of course this, and the fact that the Time Lords could travel anywhen in time, makes me wonder just how they were wiped out while Dr. Who survived.

It is good that the series will continue and Rose is staying.

Too true! I like Billie Piper, she's not just good looking she's also very talented. =P~

Richv1
04-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Yes if Time Lords can travel in time why doesn't Dr. Who just go back in time before h planet was destroyed and stop it from happening? It was mentioned that Time Lords have to go home and use the equipment there to regenerate. But I think he once did it on his own somehow I'll not sure.
Billie Piper is very talented as an actress. And the fact that she looks so great is a really nice bonus.

beetleblack
04-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Time Lords can regenerate by themselves and the Doctor has always managed to do it unaided - although that isn't to say that they haven't been hard on him. When he regenerated into his fifth incarnation he was extremely weak and needed to use the Zero Room in the TARDIS to help heal himself. Also when he regenerated into this sixth incarnation he was practically schizophrenic and even tried to strangle Peri, his companion at the time.

Romana - a previous companion - was a Time Lady and was able to regenerate extremely easily. She regenerated merely because she wanted to!

Apparently the destruction of Gallifrey has been written about in the BBC novels of the series and as a lot of the writers of the novels are now writing for the series that is probably why it was bought into the series.

Of course only time will tell if the Doctor is indeed the last of the Time Lords.

Richv1
04-21-2005, 07:28 PM
I wonder if there is any chance of the Master showing up? If he did than the Doctor would not be the last of the Time Lords.
The last episode with the gaseous creatures was interesting. It had a nice horror type of atmosphere to it.

cmdrkoenig67
04-22-2005, 12:40 AM
:cry: I want to see the Doctor's new adventures...It's not fair!

Dana :cry:

Legerd
04-22-2005, 12:54 AM
There was a failed attempt by Fox to restart Dr. Who a few years ago, they shot a made-for-TV movie in Vancouver but it was horrible! They made the Doctor half-human and stole any reference they could from the old series and threw them in willy-nilly. It was a big mess! But to get back to the point, the Master was destroyed in the movie so if the writers are keeping it part of continuity then they have to find a way to bring him back.

Here's a synopsis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_Within#Synopsis

Legerd
04-22-2005, 12:58 AM

I think you should be able to get the CBC in Maine. If so tune in Tuesdays at 8 pm. :D

beetleblack
04-22-2005, 06:09 AM
There was a failed attempt by Fox to restart Dr. Who a few years ago, they shot a made-for-TV movie in Vancouver but it was horrible! They made the Doctor half-human and stole any reference they could from the old series and threw them in willy-nilly. It was a big mess! But to get back to the point, the Master was destroyed in the movie so if the writers are keeping it part of continuity then they have to find a way to bring him back.

Here's a synopsis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_Within#Synopsis

That movie was truly HORRIBLE! And so dull.

I wouldn't worry about them finding a way to bring back the Master, in the latter days of the series they would bring him back without any real explaination even if we'd supposedly seen him perish in the previous story!

Richv1
04-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Well I'm sure they can find a way to bring the Master back. He was next to the Daleks the Doctor's best foe. I also enjoyed seeing the robot men so I hopre to see them in some form as well. But it is nice to having completely original stories.

Legerd
04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Now that they've gotten to the tenth Doctor (or will next season) I wonder if they've given any thought to what to do when the Doctor hits his twelth regen. If memory serves correctly a Time Lord only has twelve regenerations and that's it. Do you think they'll do a big finale and let the series end or will they find a way for him to continue to keep coming back?

Richv1
04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
If the show is doing well enough of course they will find a way for him to regenerate. Or if the current Doctor is doing well enough and wants to stay just let him.
I wonder if they would ever regenerate him as a her?

Le Messor
04-27-2005, 07:51 AM
They regenerated him as a her once...

In the obscure episode 'Curse of the Fatal Death'. 8)
No, really.

Of course, he must've run through most of his regenerations in that one episode alone. Hugh Grant, Rowan Atkinson...

- Le Messor
Data: "I hate this! It is revolting!"
Guinan: "More?"
Data: "Please."

Richv1
04-27-2005, 08:37 PM
But I mean as a her and for the Doctor to stay as one for the whole season.
The farting aliens are pretty funny and its a 2 part show so its like the old ones that were two hours.

Le Messor
05-01-2005, 12:27 AM
As far as updating the Daleks, you can't imporove on perfection. :)

You could make them able to climb STAIRS!

"Oh, no, it's Daleks, what'll we do?" "I don't know. If only, somewhere in this city, there was a staircase we could run up." "Damn disability laws!" :?

- Le Messor
"Dating is like Geometry: If you’ve got the curves, I’ve got the angles."

Legerd
05-01-2005, 03:45 AM
You could make them able to climb STAIRS!

"Oh, no, it's Daleks, what'll we do?" "I don't know. If only, somewhere in this city, there was a staircase we could run up." "Damn disability laws!" :?

- Le Messor
"Dating is like Geometry: If you’ve got the curves, I’ve got the angles."

That's what the death rays were for! "Climb this humans!" ZAP!

Richv1
05-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Daleks are one of the all time greatest villians every created. If a set of stairs gets in there way they will Exterminate them.
These cyborbs are kind of like an early version of the Borg. Only better.

beetleblack
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Always found the Cybermen scarier than the Daleks.

Daleks can actually levitate up stairs - they did it firstly in the seventh Doctor story Remembrance of the Daleks and they did it again very very recently :wink:

Legerd
05-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Next episode: DALEKS!!! Well, at least one. :D

Richv1
05-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Yep I saw that DALEK! to. It should bereat.
The last episode certainly ended with a bang.

cmdrkoenig67
05-05-2005, 01:45 AM

I think you should be able to get the CBC in Maine. If so tune in Tuesdays at 8 pm. :D

We do not get the CBC here in Portland, unfortunately. I am so bummed that I won't get to see these episodes for a while to come(if an US station picks them up...at some point here).

Dana

Richv1
05-05-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm sure eventually you'll be able to get it if not on TV than on DVD in a few years. I am looking forward to seeing the Dalek next episode. It looks as if they are not changed to much. Which is good. I am really looking forward to hearing it say Exterminate.

HappyCanuck
05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm sure eventually you'll be able to get it if not on TV than on DVD in a few years.

Okay, that's just rubbing it in :P

Don't worry Dana, I'm not seeing it either. My cable's cut off, so I got NO TV for a bit. Yer not the only one SEVERELY missing it.

Richv1
05-05-2005, 10:57 AM
I wasn't rubbing it in. I had to wait 5 years to see the Vampirella movie on DVD. I was trying to give you hope. And the new series is well worth waiting for.
But I wouldn't be surprised at all if you end up getting it on TV soon.

HappyCanuck
05-05-2005, 11:02 AM
I wasn't rubbing it in. I had to wait 5 years to see the Vampirella movie on DVD. I was trying to give you hope. And the new series is well worth waiting for.
But I wouldn't be surprised at all if you end up getting it on TV soon.

Lol, Rich: I was teasing.

Richv1
05-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I kinda figured you were. :P
We need a few more good sci-fi series. Plus now Enterprise is finishing up so theres one less.

Le Messor
05-08-2005, 03:23 AM
I've just read that the release date on DVD for the very latest series is the 16th of June. That's a little over a month away.

So, I don't think you have much to worry about. 8)

('course, that's the OZ release date, but I think it'll be sim'lar worldwide...)

- Le Messor
"Why're you calling me Romana?"
"It's either that or Fred."
"I like Fred."
"Okay. Come on, Romana."

Legerd
07-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Here's a peek at the next season of Doc Who as told by Russell Davies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4100000/newsid_4104500/4104586.stm

Richv1
07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Well hopefully we will have a few new good tv series soon. Kolchak: The Night Stalker and Invasion hopefully will both be good. Kolchak was one of the best series. But it was the actor that made it so. So with a new actor in his place who knows.

Legerd
07-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Well hopefully we will have a few new good tv series soon. Kolchak: The Night Stalker and Invasion hopefully will both be good. Kolchak was one of the best series. But it was the actor that made it so. So with a new actor in his place who knows.

Yeah, I loved that show, use to stay up late at night to watch it. Darren McGavin really made that series what it was so I'm wondering if a new actor can pull it off. Here's a link if you want info on the old and new show. By the way, everytime you go to the site the saying under Kolchak's picture changes.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/4991/klchkhom.htm

Big Boss
07-29-2005, 01:24 AM
I actually watched one episode last Sunday, it was pretty good. Some lines:

-Doctor Who: "Why don't you end it all? Kill yourself? Rid the universe of your filth?!?!?!"

-Dalek: "...You would have made a good Dalek".

I found that to be pretty funny.

Richv1
07-29-2005, 06:51 AM
I notice the next actor that is going to play the Doctor looks a lot like the first actor to play him. Hopefully he will be as god as the last one before him.
Maybe they'll have the Cyber Man in the coming series.

Legerd
07-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Maybe they'll have the Cyber Man in the coming series.

If you check the link in my post from Mon. July 25, Russell Davies says the Cybermen will definitely be showing up in season 2.

Richv1
07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Well thats good than.
What about the Master or Devrose?
I don't though just want old villians I like seing new ones to.

Legerd
07-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Davies never mentioned the Master or (I think you mean) Davros (the creator of the Daleks, right?), instead saying there were going to be new bad guys for the new Doctor to fight. So there ya go. :D

cmdrkoenig67
07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Davies never mentioned the Master or (I think you mean) Davros (the creator of the Daleks, right?), instead saying there were going to be new bad guys for the new Doctor to fight. So there ya go. :D

I'm glad to hear both old and new villians will show up in the new series...that's the way it should be. As much as the Doctor travels through time and space...he's bound to keep running into old adversaries(and old friends), as well as meeting lots of new faces, both friend and foe.

Dana

Mokole
07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Hard to have the Master, since they've said several times that all Time Lords but Doctor are dead... and isn't Davros dead for a while too?

Richv1
07-29-2005, 02:36 PM
And were not the Daleks all dead to? So anyone can show up.

cmdrkoenig67
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Exactly...just because they may be dead in one time period, it doesn't mean they are dead in every other time period.

The Cybermen were believed to be extinct in the far future in "Revenge of the Cybermen"(with Tom Baker)...yet here was a ship with allegedly the remaining few wandering through space. Davros has "died" a few times now... the Master has "died" several times too. It's just like comics...Wheeee!

Dana

Richv1
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Just like comics yep. Maybe Tom Baker could even put in a guest appearance. Now wouldn't that be great to see. Two Doctors, Doctor 1 and Doctor 2.

cmdrkoenig67
07-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Tom is the first Doctor I ever saw on TV(as a little kid here on public television) and I've loved him ever since. I later discovered Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton and they fast became some of my favorite DW actor's. Lord....I miss them...the industry lost two greats with their deaths.

Dana